Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:34 am

The thing is, even to mention that a character was raped sort of makes your videogame 18+, or at least highly risque.
(I never could find the e with an acute accent on this english-language keyboard, but you know it's supposed to be there.
AWL dem words stolen from the French)

Anyway, half measures like the "summary" approach satisfy nobody.

Not the prudes who don't want to hear about it at all and/or don't want their children hearing about it, and not the persons like me who would immediately ask in indignation: "So wai yu no give me more details about it then?"
Of course, the idea's so ridiculous that there's no way Adelhart was seriously suggesting it, I'd assume. Probably just code talk for "I don't mind you spending time on the Lore."
Lucky777

Postby sky-eye » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:33 am

It's pretty easy to avoid almost all of the h-scenes anyway. But honestly, it's an h-game. Why are we even discussing this? It has h-scenes, cope.
sky-eye

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:08 am

Alright, time for some super late responses. So I've been working on the libraries... to my faithful wiki updater guys, if you like to put story-related stuff on the wiki... be prepared for a fun time this patch. Eeeeeesh. It's not even a long one per se (sorry to disappoint, but it's still about a 2-month patch roughly in terms of content) but there is a looot of shit in the books.

sdibolcrif-
Thank you! Well... I seriously, honestly thought about it (having guest writers and what not), but I decided not to after some heavy deliberation. Feel free to shoot any random ideas for H-scenes my way, but of course, I'll stick to my usual rule of don't expect to see all, if any of them necessarily. It's just for me to fill in the gaps, in the meanwhile. If someone writes a fanfic style thing, I'll also consider a similar scene to go in as well.

To all-
For an update, you can expect 2 'generic' H-scenes and 4 'exclusive' H-scenes (Cesca, Lanie, Thyme, Irine) to make up for the fact that Emilia, Rhiannon, Asella and Sairyn got theirs last patch, kind of. Also adding a variation to Asella x Rhiannon. So far, there is no combat in this patch, just a lot of potential reading, and some activities; a mini stealth / puzzle game for Cesca, a detailed flashback for Thyme, and a fetch quest / dating game for Lanie. My beta testers have tried much of these; the only things I've added since then, due to being sidetracked, were brush-ups on existing scenes, bugfixes, books in the library, NPC's, and the 2 generic H-scenes of course.

Books giving XP... that's an interesting thought. I'll mull it over. So far, some girls will react differently to stuff (i.e. Asella commenting on an informational book about the Holy Royal Guard, Sairyn commenting on one about Honrai, and so on).

I really apologize for being inactive but yeah, just been sidetracked with things, but DLaby--or the world about it--has certainly been on my mind as of late. Like I said, been doing some freeform RP with it and learned a lot of things that I would now like to start sharing with everyone else who has faithfully followed the game. Damn, already can't wait til the Inquisition Division, and there's still do much to do with the Arcane which is right before it! Guess I'd better get back to work.

Heh, well, we got pigs. Still no dogs. Again, if anyone is pro at finding 3DCG mods... feel free to toss me a bone.
As far as the actual date for the public release... man, I still don't know! I can easily say that a testing release should be out in under a week's time, but depending on the bugs that people find (and suggestions for changes that they make), it tends to average another week or two after that. I know I've been pushing back and back and back, but I've finally gotten back into the swing of things, so don't sweat it.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Azeal000 » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:22 pm

How does one go about becoming a tester anyway? I'd be interested in giving it a go.
Azeal000
Newly Registered

Postby coy47 » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:47 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Heh, well, we got pigs. Still no dogs. Again, if anyone is pro at finding 3DCG mods... feel free to toss me a bone.
As far as the actual date for the public release... man, I still don't know! I can easily say that a testing release should be out in under a week's time, but depending on the bugs that people find (and suggestions for changes that they make), it tends to average another week or two after that. I know I've been pushing back and back and back, but I've finally gotten back into the swing of things, so don't sweat it.

According to the latest mod list there is none....closest you will get is wolf...the hongfire communuity may be able to porduce one if you go over their and ask repeatedly nicely...of course I'm not much good at finding mods though I can't find half the ones you have...I want a damned dungeon and bar aalready! :'(
coy47

Postby redgod » Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:00 am

coy47 Wrote:
KITAmaru Wrote:.I want a damned dungeon and bar aalready! :'(

Yeah, I still dream of having some of the backgrounds Kita has, like the tavern and such. I've gone through a zillion mods in the giant torrent and not found it. Anyone else have good fantasy style backgrounds to share? A medieval or old fashioned bedroom would be nice, all I can find is modern day ones.
redgod

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG VX) Latest Release: Ver. 0.02

Postby Theinspector » Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:14 pm

BlueLight Wrote:So Emilia is a fencer walking around plate armor... ya thats very fencing like.
Also duel wielding in fencing is not just stupid but fatal besides depending on the type swords it's impossible.
Fencing is design for balance, speed, defense, and Target Size

Hi, Bluelight. - Fencer here. Well, I've been a fencer for nearly all my life, and I'll be honest. I'm quite offended. You're making fencers look like complete morons.
Balance: So yes, the most essential thing within fencing, your balance (and naturally your footwork) I'm failing to see how her Armour is affecting her footwork, and/or her balance. I've fenced in a full kit of armour before, and I'll happily do it again. It's your technique that will throw you off balance, I'm afraid. NOT what you are wearing. And please, A fléche (..Or rather, a flesh as you like to call it) is not 'running' at your opponent. I hope that's not what your coach described it as, because if so. You might want to look for a new coach. The only time you should be running during a Fléche is if you're inaccurate enough to miss before you even have the chance to start running - And even then, you simply only run to get PAST your opponent to avoid further awkwardness with blade contact, and so on. You are not EVER running AT your opponent with a Fléche. That's a rookie move, and you should never expect to hit with it. If you do, consider yourself damn lucky.

Speed - Speed is nothing to do with your damn reaction time. Seriously? Whatever you're wearing wont affect your reaction time. That, and I hate to say it. - A full suit of armour wont make her "reacting to a reaction of another reaction" any slower. If you were any decent at fencing, you should know that 85% of all sword movements are performed with the wrist. - Which, by my knowledge, a full suit of armour would not affect in any way at all. If she's any talented as a fighter, she'll get by in a suit of armour no problem.

Defence - You're making this all so easy for me. You sure you know about fencing? Fencing is about defence depending entirely on who you are fencing and what you are fencing with. The style differs here, there and everywhere. - Whatever that comment was about a light-sabre battle, I don't know. - But speaking of sabre's. Look back to where they used Sabre's. On horseback, yes. - And what did they wear whilst fighting with a sabre? Well I'll be. :O They wore suits of armour. What are the chances of that? - But seriously. - Fencing with armour on wont make you any less defensive, as opposed to more defensive. And with two weapons, this should be twice as easy to get by with. Don't try and use "defence" in an argument where you're trying to say someone SHOULDN'T wear armour or use two swords.

Target Size - Sorry, but this made me want to cry. :'( Fencing is in no way at all, ever EVER about Target Size. Target size is arguably the LAST thing you ever put into consideration before you attack someone. In fact, it shouldn't even be put into consideration at all. NO YOU DON'T POSITION YOUR FEET LIKE THAT TO DEFINE WHAT WILL GET HIT, IS THAT WHAT YOU WERE TOLD? You put your feet like that to gain the advantage of distance and control, to maintain the best balance and maneuverability - Jesus - It's almost the most optimal position for attacking people with. ESPECIALLY with two swords. If you dual wield but stand like that, you can fence as they used to in France quite often, where you simply change your attacking hand, and you change your stance to suit it. - It is as simple as that, if you can do that effectively, by god you'll be unbeatable with two swords. But Christ, man. - If someone's using a sabre on you and you stand like that, did you know it actually INCREASES your target area?

So please, before you make a petty comment about fencers and their habits. - At least consult a fencer, first. Or get your facts right or something.
I'm quite surprised this infuriated me, actually. But even so. Stop trying to knock a game designer, just because you feel like being a nit-picky twat. There's nothing wrong with his character.

And just as another statement.
If she's as bad a fighter as you say she would be with two swords, why do you think she's out there getting raped all the time? ;D
Theinspector
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 am

Oh yeah, I do need to get that to you, huh? Sorry, totally spaced.
Preview of another scene...
Attachments
RhiSample.png
Sample
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Kvothe » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:25 am

Great preview Kit ! has me waiting for the update and btw, both of your mediafire links are down now. Sendspace still works though.
Kvothe

Postby SpectralTime » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:45 am

Aww... poor Flashback Rhiannion. Another traumatic memory?
SpectralTime

Postby hawkwing » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:08 am

I was about to think it impossible, but you seem to have done it. I don't think I've ever seen another developer working on a pron game who has put half as much effort into making a cohesive setting and lore, instead of drifting into the realm of mindless fan-service or poor quality. This game treats its subject matter maturely - a rare treat.

I first played your game a few months ago and was impressed even then. Its growth since that time has only served to improve my opinion.
I was curious though if you planned to do anything with the "purity" system beyond having it lock you into or out of certain scenes. My crazy idea (because as a game designer myself, I know how much I hate other people suggesting new game mechanics for my game, as well as how much work this would be to implement with the RPG maker engine) was that you could balance the the "purity" of a character with a measure of how happy/miserable they were. IE, if you resist rape as opposed to going along with it for casual sex, your purity would go down far less, while your moral/happiness/whatever would take a much bigger hit. Anyways, those are my two cents you're free to spend or toss away. Congrats on the very professionally handled game, and though this genre usually fails to keep me impressed, I'll be looking forward to whatever direction you take this title in.
Iya & Rowr - Programmer
"There'll be an option to disable that! Probably... If we include it..."
hawkwing

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:35 am

...If that scene is from what I think it's from, then this is going to be super-great.

On the other hand

If it's from something else, it's almost inevitably still going to be pretty great : D
Lucky777

Postby JackalMask » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Fuck totally pumped now from that teaser. One question is this a surprise Rhiannon exclusive or this is one of the generic scenes?
JackalMask

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Aaaactually, this is a generic scene, so you will see it with every character.
And sorry about the slight delay, still gotta do oooone more scene and then actually add them to the events before trying to send this testing version out.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Eterai » Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:41 pm

I feel like an idiot asking this, but is there something specific I am supposed to do to play this game?
I downloaded the RPG Maker, I have downloaded a bunch of other games on this site, But this one will not seem to work for me, when I try to open the file or do anything with it, for some reason it opens up Internet Explorer(Of all things, THIS!) and redownloads the game in an infinite cycle... I spent 5 hours trying different methods to open, unzip, play or whatever! Nothing I do works, and only for this game on the entire site... :(
Feed me souls. Souls or bacon!
Eterai

Postby monkeycid » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:58 pm

I cant wait!

Kudos for continually working on your ongoing project, Kita. Yours is the only game I truly follow now and each update is amazing. Though, I still wait for a scene with the clown in the far room. He's been there for quite some time now and God knows he must be feeling lonely.
monkeycid
Newly Registered

Postby coy47 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:04 am

Just one question can the dog be massive or does it have to be like an averadge dog size? because if you loking for an averadge dog size it would have to be an item which would make it a problem to make the dog but as a model it would be huge yet pheasable.
coy47

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 am

SOUR about pissing off that actual fencer.

Eterai Wrote:I feel like an idiot asking this, but is there something specific I am supposed to do to play this game?
I downloaded the RPG Maker, I have downloaded a bunch of other games on this site, But this one will not seem to work for me, when I try to open the file or do anything with it, for some reason it opens up Internet Explorer(Of all things, THIS!) and redownloads the game in an infinite cycle... I spent 5 hours trying different methods to open, unzip, play or whatever! Nothing I do works, and only for this game on the entire site... :(

I do NOT have a ready answer.
As a matter of fact, I've never heard of anything like that in mah life.
Worse yet, the all-inclusive file HAS, unfortunately, currently been removed for violation of mediafire's terms of service, so you're in a tight spot until that gets remedied.
Lucky777

Postby killzone1012 » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:31 am

am i able to transfer my save over to update? and use it??
killzone1012

Postby JackalMask » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:46 am

killzone1012 Wrote:am i able to transfer my save over to update? and use it??

Yes
JackalMask

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner