Noob's new style.

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Noob's new style.

Postby toddymon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:40 am

true. but i am of the light side of the force. for i am toddymon kanobi
toddymon

Postby DemonFiren » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:42 am

Spelled 'Kenobi'. With e :geek:
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby toddymon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:49 am

and spelled obiwan with an o ibwa and n
toddymon

Postby DemonFiren » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:57 am

Actually, it's Obi-Wan. With a dash :lol:
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby toddymon » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:34 am

right. and a dash
toddymon

Postby ANooB » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:11 am

NeerHeer Wrote:hmm I might have too look into it. Does it have layers? that's the one thing I REALLY missed when making the cell

Hell yeah, it's got layers!!! Oh, I might be switching the way the game is played. so hold off making rooms and shit. I might just make it a god-view rpg. It'll be easier, on my part. If you want, you can start making maps. Just a real simple one with grass and roads and maybe a tree. I wanna see ur abilities. Plus I wanna show you some cool techniques. PM me and I'll set up a private folder. You're my first dev team member. Gratz!!
Spruce your games up using free vector content: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7109

There're no such things as mistakes, just happy little accidents. ~Bob Ross
ANooB

Postby ANooB » Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:16 am

Nightmenace Wrote:
ANooB Wrote:Aight, foos. Here's my plans. It's a game I'm starting to work on and need anyone's help if they can build backgrounds and scenery. Nothing too detailed as it is flash. I Would like a dungeon, right now, that way you guys aren't looking at a black screen all the time. I'm working on Jill, Misty, and Tifa, right now. If you guys want me to make Rikku and others, you gotta start replying and saying stuff. I got like thousands of lurkers with nothing to tell me. I'm losing encouragement :(. NEWAYS, here it is:

http://www.opendrive.com/files/6913978_ ... slaves.swf">Nintenslaves.swf

I think Amy Rose from sonic the hedgehog could be a good furry character. Dunno bout you guys but that's just my opinion :P

U read my mind. I was thinking about making her, just can't figure out how. I wanna build her to the proportions of the characters I made with blueprint. She's obviously teen; and I don't gots a teen doll set up, yet. So gimme time; but she's definitely on her way. Right now I only got Krystal and a half ass Jill Valentine. A li'l help could speed the process up a bit, lolz.

ANooB

Postby Nightmenace » Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:37 pm

Ya Amy seems like she would be a tough one to make
Nightmenace

Postby NeerHeer » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:38 pm

sweeeet. I'd like to thank the academy.

should I finish resizing the cell? You might still want it for some kinda character select screen/dialougue background

Edit: looks like it got a little cut off, but you get the idea.
Does bunny need to slap a bitch?!

Due to my utter inability to produce anything of merit via drawing, animating, or scripting, I have to hang around and bother you guys. Are we having fun yet?
NeerHeer

Postby ANooB » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:06 am

NeerHeer Wrote:sweeeet. I'd like to thank the academy.

should I finish resizing the cell? You might still want it for some kinda character select screen/dialougue background

Edit: looks like it got a little cut off, but you get the idea.

Good work. Just keep practicing and you'll get it!!!

That'll definitely fit more slaves in. Which is good, cuz I got one more to fool around with. This is obviously a (ruff ruff!!) draft of the requested Amy Rose. Her hair, hands and feet look stoopit. But anything else I can do to her? Don't be afraid to ask. I really need pointers on how to do her clothes. I hate how her clothing looks so flat. Any tips from vector artists on how to add some texture to to it would be nice:

http://www.opendrive.com/files/6964253_ ... cetest.swf">AmyDollDancetest.swf

ANooB

Postby Untamed » Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:29 am

Would you be able to put your swf files onto the thread itself, rather than linking us to sites to download them from?

Its a little tedious :|
Untamed

Postby Oakleaf » Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:29 pm

Untamed Wrote:Would you be able to put your swf files onto the thread itself, rather than linking us to sites to download them from?

I could watch it directly by clicking the top file in the link. :=

Anyway, lemme get things straight... First off all... the loop isn't really smooth, she kinda "cracks" back into her original pose, try to make it more fluent. Also, adding shadows that changes as she moves will really help the animation to look more alive. Not to mention feet, hands and a mouth x) Have you worked with shadowing drawings before? It really helps when animating too. Just imagine the light coming from one specific source and then try to imagine how the shadows would fall on her clothes and body, and how they would look one frame later etc. I'm no vector artist, but hey, just trying to help, right? :D Adding shadows would certainly reduce flatness!
"You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Oakleaf

Postby ANooB » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:43 am

Oakleaf Wrote:
Untamed Wrote:Would you be able to put your swf files onto the thread itself, rather than linking us to sites to download them from?

I could watch it directly by clicking the top file in the link. :=

Anyway, lemme get things straight... First off all... the loop isn't really smooth, she kinda "cracks" back into her original pose, try to make it more fluent. Also, adding shadows that changes as she moves will really help the animation to look more alive. Not to mention feet, hands and a mouth x) Have you worked with shadowing drawings before? It really helps when animating too. Just imagine the light coming from one specific source and then try to imagine how the shadows would fall on her clothes and body, and how they would look one frame later etc. I'm no vector artist, but hey, just trying to help, right? :D Adding shadows would certainly reduce flatness!

Hell yeah, i'm not a shading type of guy, though. I really suck at it. A lot of times it looks like it's coming from multiple directions and it always is the wrong color. I'll give her a go, though. Worst comes to worst I can just distribute the swf for editing. I know Flash has a paintbrush tool. I just don't Like using it. :P

Yeah, sorry about that. I don't know how to post it as a flash on the forums. If anyone can tell me about that, I'd be happy to use a different method.

ANooB

Postby DemonFiren » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:44 am

You sure the 'upload extension' button doesn't do the trick?
DemonFiren

Postby ANooB » Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:57 am

Yo, I think if I wanna hotlink, I gotta put this site on the web page, kinda like advertising. It's actually a nice site, a little online hard drive, really. Here we go.

[link=]https//www.opendrive.com[/link]

Now wait.

http://www.opendrive.com/files/6913978_ ... slaves.swf

ANooB

Postby NeerHeer » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:44 am

that worked, it looks like from this end.

hmm. how should I do maps...I'm assuming something relatively pixel-ly and tile-based is desirable?

Wonder If I could steal some images from that RPGmaker thingy?

Due to my utter inability to produce anything of merit via drawing, animating, or scripting, I have to hang around and bother you guys. Are we having fun yet?
NeerHeer

Postby ANooB » Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:59 am

NeerHeer Wrote:that worked, it looks like from this end.

hmm. how should I do maps...I'm assuming something relatively pixel-ly and tile-based is desirable?

Wonder If I could steal some images from that RPGmaker thingy?

That'll be alright. Do you know how to make autotiles? I kinda can't draw sprites to the same detail as rpgmaker, so I fear there might be a style inconsistency. But we'll see how I do. Worst comes to worst, would you mind drawing the characters?

ANooB

Postby NeerHeer » Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:57 am

I fear you have gravely overestimated my ablilities.

we can probably find premade sprites online though.

NeerHeer

Postby ANooB » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:30 am

Aight, sounds cool. Let's get cracking!!!!

ANooB

Postby NeerHeer » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:55 pm

ohkay, I checked out the krystal sprite thing. looks like I was right, some quick google-fu and a bunch of sprite pages showed up. A lot of them were side-scrolling, but some were overhead view.

I also found a program called tile studio, http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/, which looks like it could be useful. Do you have any ideas for a basic town layout, or necessary buildings, like inn/shops/tavern?

NeerHeer

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner