Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby sdibolcrif » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey KITA, posted this on the feedback/discussion thread a week or so ago, but this one seems much more active so I'll post here too.

Anyhow. Absolutely love the game so far - in my opinion it's currently the most worthwhile on this site - and I've got something I wanted to ask you about (I wanted to PM you about this, but as a new member I evidently can't do that)

My question is, do you have any interest in outside assistance with, for example, scene writing/"illustrating"? I'd love to contribute if there's anything I could do
sdibolcrif

Postby mycrors7 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:34 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Thanks for your hard work, Starke--I made a comment on your Talk page for the wiki, just letting you know if you haven't seen it yet.
Anyway, I'm making this post in order to let everyone know that yes, I AM still alive. Been kept a bit busy by other things, but so far I've finished personalizations and have addressed quite a few bugs that my dedicated wiki contributors have found, so slowly it will become more and more solid.

take all the time you need. one thing i like about Despair Labyrinth is that with each update it feels like there is an entire new game. the updates are HUGE, and 99% of the time, they are bug-free, which i like.
mycrors7

Postby StarkePT » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:29 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Thanks for your hard work, Starke--I made a comment on your Talk page for the wiki, just letting you know if you haven't seen it yet.
Anyway, I'm making this post in order to let everyone know that yes, I AM still alive. Been kept a bit busy by other things, but so far I've finished personalizations and have addressed quite a few bugs that my dedicated wiki contributors have found, so slowly it will become more and more solid.

Eheheh don't sweat, left you another message there.
StarkePT

Postby Kvothe » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:09 pm

Great work! I took the time to go through with ever character. Irine is kinda hard to make her low purity, then I just tossed her in the stalls. Ive noticed that you unlock both high and low purity no matter which one you do. And Lanie looks an awful lot like one of the arcane mages.... Any idea when we can expect the next release? Waiting patiently.
Kvothe

Postby Meido » Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 am

Made an account just to say how amazing this game is. The best h-game I've ever played, brilliant work.

How many new scenes will be in the next update? I can't wait! :P
Meido
Newly Registered

Postby coy47 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:33 pm

F*uck I accidently deleted and binned the enitre game so lost all my CG and saves...FML does anyone know if there is a way to cheat to get all my CG or get saves or something or must I play as every character once again?
coy47

Postby Rakarth » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Well that sucks, but no there isn't a way to cheat through things. I wish there was though ):
Rakarth

Postby StarkePT » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:15 pm

Here's the CG save, only a few rules for it.

Please, play the game before by yourself and unlock all the characters content by yourself, this is only a shortcut if you format like I did, luckily I saved it. Also if KITAmaru wants it removed, it will be removed immediately, finally and alternatively to the CG.save, here's a detailed walkthrough on how to unlock all of it:

http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com/wiki/Walkthrough
Attachments
Despair Labyrinth.rar
(53.24 KiB) Downloaded 1770 times
StarkePT

Postby StarkePT » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:17 pm

Kvothe Wrote:Great work! I took the time to go through with ever character. Irine is kinda hard to make her low purity, then I just tossed her in the stalls. Ive noticed that you unlock both high and low purity no matter which one you do. And Lanie looks an awful lot like one of the arcane mages.... Any idea when we can expect the next release? Waiting patiently.

KITAmaru seems like he has been a lot inactive lately, but when and if it comes out, it will have A LOT more things like every patch has had so far, so yeah, if he doesn't abandon the project due to his own reasons, I guarantee you it WILL be worth it.

EDIT: Crap, double post. Used to League of Legends forums where that doesn't matter, sorry :\
StarkePT

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:37 pm

Eh, Kita won't bitch about CG saves, he's a great guy and not a moron like that.
In the same vein, he's stated that he won't abandon the project unless somethin' kinda drastic happens.
I mean, he's actually stated that he won't abandon it at all, but there's only so much an iron will can do if the moon falls on your head or some shit, y'know what I'm sayin'?

Speaking of CG saves, by the way, thanks on my behalf as well.

I've got SAVES of all the girls at the points where I want them to be, but I don't have all the CGs unlocked because I haven't played through the game afresh with all of em yet.
Lucky777

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:55 am

Desuka Kira Wrote:
ZeroEXE.ZX17 Wrote:Man XP I can't wait untill my comp is fixed so I can go back to testing again, Sorry it is taking so long KITA

If you've got an Android phone or tablet, I believe there is an RPG Maker VX app that lets you play them on it.

Nether, I am using my phone (Iphone) until my comp is fixed lol
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby StarkePT » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:09 pm

Really?! 46 downloads since yesterday? WOW.

Anyway for those who downloaded it let me know if it worked, also keep in mind that the Gwyn and Brawlers scene for Rhiannon doesn't unlock in the gallery, EVER! (I think those two save games I put in the *.rar file are right in front of the areas you can get the CG from).

Lucky777 Wrote:Eh, Kita won't bitch about CG saves, he's a great guy and not a moron like that.
In the same vein, he's stated that he won't abandon the project unless somethin' kinda drastic happens.
I mean, he's actually stated that he won't abandon it at all, but there's only so much an iron will can do if the moon falls on your head or some shit, y'know what I'm sayin'?

Speaking of CG saves, by the way, thanks on my behalf as well.

I've got SAVES of all the girls at the points where I want them to be, but I don't have all the CGs unlocked because I haven't played through the game afresh with all of em yet.

Never said he was a douche lol, but you got to understand it's the man's work here, it's like people will just skip the game to watch CG. Honestly this game's history is so rich, that the CG isn't even half as hot if you don't play the game, it's kind of cheating/hacks. Not nearly the same, but feels like it, I certainly wouldn't download that file if I haven't finished it all by myself yet.

And yes, there's only so much an iron will is able to take. But if you read my previous post, I got a lot of faith on KITAmaru to keep releasing some epic content, that's why I'm helping in any way I can (which at the point is helping you guys here in the forums with any questions and answers or content I can provide and updating the wiki).
StarkePT

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Hey, he's got his priorities straight, bro. The H is priority number one. I 100% agree that the H is hotter in context, though, it really adds a certain something.

In response to that question as to whether it works or not:

The cg.save file appears to work just fine for me, apart from the already known issues, so it was a good job.
Lucky777

Postby StarkePT » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:07 pm

Well all in all I'm on the same boat as you guys, really hyped about the game and patiently waiting for the new patch.
StarkePT

Postby JackalMask » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Any news for us KITA?
JackalMask

Postby sky-eye » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:22 pm

If you're that bothered, you could delete the save link now. It's served its original purpose.
sky-eye

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:24 am

I'm alive. Because... I'm weird like that, I realized that I made WAY too many damn bookshelves for just a small library, and suddenly I got the temptation to fill them all with actual material instead of just putting 'Some books are here.' FML.

So, yeah, done with the H-scenes and personalization, but I still gotta do the 3DCG's for them when I get back to my apartment tomorrow, and then some fine-tuning of scenes. Then beta testers will get their little treat.

All I can say is, PLEASE bother to read the lore. I'm not gonna lie, I've been RPing a little DLaby (freeform GM) as opposed to actually developing, but I learned a whole lot about the game's world in the process. It's probably just more shit that people looking just for H won't care to read about, but there's some insight into the various nations in the new libraries and well, I worked really hard on them, so yeah. :P
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:53 pm

I almost always look into any new bookshelves as I pass them by, hoping to see stuff. THIS DEVELOPMENT IS ACCEPTABLE.
Lucky777

Postby OmegaScales » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:20 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:I'm alive. Because... I'm weird like that, I realized that I made WAY too many damn bookshelves for just a small library, and suddenly I got the temptation to fill them all with actual material instead of just putting 'Some books are here.' FML.

Hey, I'm doing the same for this game I'm trying to work on, so you're not alone (and agree with Lucky). Even though I don't actually have any actual flash/rpgmaker progress, I have PLENTY of text for books. (I would gladly accept some help if anyone is willing)

Anyways, love the game, keep up the good work, blah blah blah, yada yada yada...
REQUEST: Maybe at a certain point, if Wolfram saved you, you (and Gwyn if in party) could "thank" him :) (hrmm... *imagines a nun convincing her girlfriend to have a threesome with her saviour... :D :D :D ). Also maybe a foursome scene with Gwyn and the twins :D .
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby thodianed » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:09 pm

I'm having trouble getting the game to work. After I finally found the RGSS202e.dll file and moved it into the game folder it started saying RPGVX RPT is not found even though I have it downloaded and in the same folder as the game. Can someone please explain in depth for a simpleton with little to no computer knowledge like myself what I need to do to get the game working?
thodianed
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner