The Plan 2.0

Discussion about Legend of Krystal. For now this also includes any feature-requests or other ideas.

Re: The Plan 2.0

Postby Renara » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:14 pm

Besides which, none of us doing this for pay, it's for fun, introducing a formal development structure to an overly large team of volunteers would take away a lot of that fun, as while different people have different roles within the group, pretty much the whole thing is democratic in a way in that we all give feedback so things can be refined, improved etc. :)

The way we're doing it is such that once v0.3 is out people will be free to contribute independently with new scenes, locations etc. so hopefully we can draw on as much creative talent as we can, without getting overwhelmed :)
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby raziel86 » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:02 pm

stories for version 0.3 have already been written all?
sono l'unico italiano?
raziel86

Postby Csbears » Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:59 pm

I understand not wanting to nail down any set date for the release of 0.3 because you'll have to be ready for us to all go bat shit crazy all over the forums, i know that much, lol. I think i can speak for more than a few people with this post though in asking for just a sense of closure. I don't want any specific day or month or if you prefer boxers or briefs but i would like to know if its going to be released in the fall or for xmas or even this year. I go to Playshapes NG page often too to see what he has to say and i seen he said that he wouldn't be able to finish Bowsers Castle anytime this year (or something to that effect) and had a list of percentages of things done. Seeing the people who post on here asking to join your team willing to commit to making this game i don't expect it to take THAT long...although i would still diligently wait it out if it did =D. The reason im asking is because i loyally follow this site damn near everyday and everyday i get on i expectations are always set high. I went as far as to go and register a twitter account to follow ren and kal to get a more legit straight forward updates (i really hate twitter too! im a lurker! D:). Even if you have to give some bad news like it wont be finished till the end of forever ( jokes and jokes :P ) at least we'll know what to expect.

I hope that my question wasn't too outrageous! :o
Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me... The Punisher.
Csbears

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:35 am

the problem with a team is we all have to agree on the design of the gameplay, the story, the graphics and sounds, etc. there's a lot of talking that's happening as well as getting work done, and when we reach snags we can't agree on, work slows down. As of right now it's not that we don't want to give an estimated date, it's that we can't, we really don't fucking know if version0.3 will be done before this year or not. And if we don't know how long it's going to take, well i think that gives you all a good idea of what to expect as far as a release date goes.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby SteelSaurus » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:34 am

I understand both ides of the issue. Personally I don't care about a release date. I'm longwinded when it comes to these things. I've barely made the jump from Pokemon Gen 3 to Gen 4. And now they're making Gen 5? With Gen 3 remakes possibly around the corner? I've got stuff to kill time with. Back on topic; would it be possible to have a list of what you aim to create and how much of it' done? Similar to PShapes NG page.
I'll get right on it! Eventually...
SteelSaurus

Postby Brownzilla » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:24 am

You know what? We should add characters from others Nintendo franchises such as Metroid. I remember seeing some unfinished work by the original creator in the original swf file of Samus Aran. I think it would be pretty cool to add her and other characters as well.
Brownzilla

Postby Kalypso » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:41 am

Brownzilla Wrote:You know what? We should add characters from others Nintendo franchises such as Metroid. I remember seeing some unfinished work by the original creator in the original swf file of Samus Aran. I think it would be pretty cool to add her and other characters as well.

You might want to read around a little before you post again, a lot of the stuff you're asking around about has already been confirmed for v0.3 and beyond.
Kalypso (Image)
LoK Global Moderator
Samus Platformer Team Member
Ex-LoK Team Artist
Kalypso

Postby Tyrien » Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:58 pm

Csbears Wrote:I understand not wanting to nail down any set date for the release of 0.3 because you'll have to be ready for us to all go bat shit crazy all over the forums, i know that much, lol. I think i can speak for more than a few people with this post though in asking for just a sense of closure. I don't want any specific day or month or if you prefer boxers or briefs but i would like to know if its going to be released in the fall or for xmas or even this year. I go to Playshapes NG page often too to see what he has to say and i seen he said that he wouldn't be able to finish Bowsers Castle anytime this year (or something to that effect) and had a list of percentages of things done. Seeing the people who post on here asking to join your team willing to commit to making this game i don't expect it to take THAT long...although i would still diligently wait it out if it did =D. The reason im asking is because i loyally follow this site damn near everyday and everyday i get on i expectations are always set high. I went as far as to go and register a twitter account to follow ren and kal to get a more legit straight forward updates (i really hate twitter too! im a lurker! D:). Even if you have to give some bad news like it wont be finished till the end of forever ( jokes and jokes :P ) at least we'll know what to expect.

I hope that my question wasn't too outrageous! :o

shouldn't there be a thread for the plan 3.0? That's what you want, to include a lot of the good random scenes out there
Tyrien

Postby DemonFiren » Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:28 pm

It's version 0.3. 3.0 would be LoK, the third. And honestly, the devs ain't that fast.
Last edited by DemonFiren on Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

Postby Haldor » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:05 pm

Tyrien Wrote:shouldn't there be a thread for the plan 3.0? That's what you want, to include a lot of the good random scenes out there

It's "The plan 2.0" as in the second plan, not the plan for version 2 :P
"We could just... run away?"
Haldor

Postby HolyPaladin » Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:24 am

Erm, I know you've heard this alot.... but how much more is there that needs done? And if its unclear, thats ok, there are other things to keep me busy while waiting for the new Edition. (in all honesty, seeing the thrown out stuff has gotten me excited to see the new stuff :3)
Boom... nuff' said.
HolyPaladin

Postby Renara » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Still needing done? Lots! Believe me, when we're getting close you'll all know, as that'll be when we start rounding up people to beta test (and no this isn't an invitation to apply, much too soon!)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby riroku26795 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:14 am

lol thank you for the update i have been checking like everyday and now i know not to, a gift from god in its own right :)
yea i know i might have an ocasional good idea, but i have no experience in anything so :(
riroku26795
Newly Registered

Postby toddymon » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:54 am

just wanna say. I FINISHED MY FIRST COMIC PAGE PROTOTYPE. YEAH WOOT! any way. are you going to completely revamp the beginning to LoK or is it still going to be thh same as it is? (including cut scene)
toddymon

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:58 am

we aren't changing the beginning.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Renara » Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:05 am

Well, graphically it'll be updated quite a bit, but as Trunks says story/event-wise it isn't going to change much, depends how much of the beginning you mean I suppose.
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Xadinel » Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:13 pm

perhaps toddymon means the part before the arwing crash...
Xadinel 'The Shifting Darkness' - First of the Soulbaron
Xadinel
Newly Registered

Postby Csbears » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 am

oral sex? in the air? YOU CAN DO THAT? i think the beginning is good enough for what this game is designed for and sets the stage for a interesting story arch ( enough to keep me playing it, after i have already worn it out :P )
Those who do evil to others - the killers, the rapists, psychos, sadists - you will come to know me well. Frank Castle is dead. Call me... The Punisher.
Csbears

Postby Xadinel » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:17 am

Hmm, I wonder if people can have sex while free falling XD
Xadinel 'The Shifting Darkness' - First of the Soulbaron
Xadinel
Newly Registered

Postby DemonFiren » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:52 pm

I'd rather wonder if it really feels THAT good in 0G.
Please don't mention my userpage here on FA. I'm officially a strict opponent of Krys/Sharpclaw interactions.
DemonFiren

PreviousNext

Return to Legend of Krystal