Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby sky-eye » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Do not multiply stuff beyond necessity/if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
sky-eye

Postby Darthan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 6:07 am

Finished playing through all the girls an a high purity run, will be going back to do low purity runs of all the girls now.

When looking through the CG Gallery I found a bug. When playing as Rhiannon the trigger that tells the game that you have seen the new scene with Gwyn does not seem to activate. In other words the scene does not show in the gallery and simply stepping off the tile then back on will re activate the scene. I created a new save and ran threw to make sure that it was not a glitch in my save file and still had the same issue.

As for the characters I have to say combatwise Emilia and Cesca are still my favorites due to the who dual wield and their damage output seems the most appropriate to their characters. Rhiannon isn't that bad but I feel that her standard unbuffed attack should be stronger, she is a berserker after all. The magic users I cannot really comment on since I ussually don't play those classes. Asella seems to be the least balanced. She should have a pretty decent physical attack but lower than a normal physical fighter, Light based magics that once again are not quite as strong as a magic user,and higher than normal defense. Right now her physical attack is terrible and her magic attacks seem more powerful to me than they should be. Her high defense and HP seem to be correct though. As for Sairyn she seems to be too strong. A martial artist/monk normally starts out weak but becomes much more powerful later on. It seems to me that she has become too powerful too fast. I don't know if RPG Maker will let you but is there a way that you can make her attack power stronger if she does not have weapons equipped?

When looking at the character for their personalities Emilia still places first (what can I say, I like the average girl) followed closely by Rhiannon (gotta love her gruff violence is the solution to everything attitude). Rounding out the bottom of my list are Lanie (she is funny but god she annoys the hell out of me when she speaks) and Asella (I really hate that I am better than everyone else attitude).

Not trying tu be pushy take what you want from what I said and ignore what you don't. The reason I even metioned the characters combatwise is that you said you wanted suggestions on balancing the combat system so that is just my two cents worth.
Darthan

Postby dantathedevil666 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:21 pm

Ok need help here i downloaded the RTP for the RPG too play and installed it then i downloaded the game which was a RAR file didn't really know that so had too get a RAR opener. So i downloaded the game and extracted the files but when i click the game too play it a screen comes up looks like its going too play then it says cannot play the game RGSS202E.dll cannot be found what is this that can't be found? and please don't tell me i wasted all that space for nothing cause i really want too know whats the hype about these RPG hentai games i see nearly 4 or 5 already being made.
dantathedevil666
Newly Registered

Postby Sync » Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:03 pm

Yes, the running around and back-and-forth can be a bit annoying...

...but then, the place is called Despair LABYRINTH, remember...? ;)

(Where LABYRINTH = MAZE for all iterations of GAME 8-) )
If you notice this notice, you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Sync

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:22 am

Heh.
Yeah, I think it won't be too difficult to implement later, but I'm currently working on brushing up my proposed scenes and fleshing out ideas for new ones, which I think is priority at the moment. Because a lot of work does tend to go into detail in the game, it's likely caused some type of standard to where things that don't make as much sense really stand out, and I understand that. I'll fix these when I can (especially if they are just verbal corrections or ones that can be taken care of with a few sentences), but obviously I'll work on storyline and hentai first. :3
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Desuka Kira » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:43 am

Hey, Kit. Been a lurker on this site for months, and your project has been my favorite throughout. Finally decided to register and offer my services as a tester if you still need some.
Desuka Kira

Postby Yugo654 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:56 pm

Gahhh, I check this website everyday to see if the public release is out yet.
I'm really anticipating this new patch Kita. Keep up the good work.
Yugo654
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:03 am

Desuka Kira-
Thanks for posting! I think you might be the last one I'll let in for now, as my beta tester list is pretty packed at this point.

Yugo-
Appreciated.

Darthan-
Cool, I'll consider at least several of these suggestions. Unfortunately I don't know of a way to make Sairyn's barehanded attack stronger at this time.
Also, looks like the Rhiannon / Gwyn Scene 1 issue in the gallery mode was just caused by a misplaced number; that's fixed for next patch. And yeah, Asella is pretty beast right now; so is Sairyn, Thyme and plenty others. In fact, the only 'truly' balanced character to me right now is Emilia, mainly because I do most of my testing with her, and even then Sever Nerve has its own kind of 'lock'.

All-
Heh, you might want to take off for a few weeks and then come back with regards to my thread, as I'm plugging along but rather slowly. One of the 'generic' H-scenes that I added has... more options than I'm used to writing for, and I'm still in the WordPad stage of it all (haven't even personalized it for characters yet or made the CG's). Hwaaagh... The reason why I'm taking so long for this patch is because I'd like to not have to revisit the Rogues' Division too often if we are moving onto the Arcane Division at 0.10. But yeah, don't worry--there are some great scenes for this next patch coming up.

If there's anything you know that you can contribute, also feel free to visit the Despair Labyrinth Wiki at http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com/wiki/ ... rinth_Wiki
Last edited by KITAmaru on Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby oni-san » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:23 am

Chug, KITA, chug!

You seem to be putting a lot of work into here, and I hope you read my words in the request thread. Either way, I'm still checking out the trial for any issues, but all is well so far. That and a few people I know are trolling this place regularly for your work. They are too trollish to sign up, but they love this game! Haha.

Words of encouragement from the desk of ONI
Current Project: None, really.
oni-san

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:16 am

Download the RPG Maker VX runtime package, either from google, or from the "everything included" link Kita has up on the front page, Dantathadevil.

To KITA:

Keep goin'! : O
Lucky777

Postby Desuka Kira » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:36 am

Alright, thanks for letting me aboard, Kit. Is there a current version that I can play with? Also, how do you get the beta's to me? I can't remember if I you mentioned the process in this thread before.
Desuka Kira

Postby redgod » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:20 am

I know the game comes first, but I hope you don't forget throwing some backgrounds and maybe some male NPCs for 3DCG up on a filesharing site somewhere for me. ;)

Getting desperate enough for content I'm trying to wade through the unlabeled japanese zips from the torrent of mods I got. :shock:
redgod

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 am

He tends to send out the betas by PM, and one of the requirements for you to participate fully in the Beta Testing process is that you need to be able to SEND PMs.

To be able to do that, you need to get your post-count either up to or above 10 - that is, when your posts appear without awaiting moderation, you're good to send PMs.

Probably shouldn't go and spam-post useless stuff, since that is likely at least SOME part of what the moderation system was designed to prevent, but ye'll have to see about getting dat post-count up nonetheless.
Perhaps go drop a suggestion into the Dlaby discussion thread, detailing a fetish or NPC you'd like to see, or something, for example. XD
Lucky777

Postby Desuka Kira » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:33 am

Ah, I see.
Desuka Kira

Postby poprokz » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:59 am

is anyone else having a problem going back? my escape button doesn't seem to work when I play... :?
1996 Nissan 300ZX TT need I say more??
poprokz

Postby SunnyDaze » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:27 pm

Well I've loved the Rouges Division, so I'm happy to see it getting one more great patch before moving on.
SunnyDaze
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:29 pm

poprokz-
Escape doesn't work? That's not good...
However, RPG VX is the platform on which I run this game; the Escape issue isn't one with my scripting, but with the game's compatibility itself.
Definitely check this thread for some help on how to fix it:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/index.php? ... mes-still/
I know that VX in the past has had some issues with control / keyboard drivers or whatever, so yeah. I apologize for the inconvenience, but I wouldn't be able to release the game otherwise without a tool like RPGMVX.

Sunny-
Yes, that's what I'm basically trying to do with this patch. Basically, in so many ways, say goodbye to the Rogues' Division. Might be seeing mostly tentacles, beasts and monsters from here on out--though I'm sure the occasional H-scene with a random mage or two (or three, or four, this is DLaby) wouldn't be completely out of the question. Less guys taunting and making typical bandit comments while screwing you. Doesn't mean I won't go back and occasionally fix / modify some H-scenes, but dungeon-wise, this is it.

Finished the WordPad portion of the second generic scene, just sent it out to get QC'd. I miiiiight do a third, but seeing how much work I gotta do with personalization (making dialogue vary based on character) and what not, stuff might have to wait.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Goldteddy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:38 pm

Ooo Going into the whole Wild summons by wizrds while leaving behind the whole Bandits/thiefs gangs, sounds interesting! (Though i hope you don't go into the whole Undead Necromancer thing, Huge turnoff -_-'').
Anyway i just wanted to give my thoughts on the overall Combat ''Challenge'' of each character (Note* Played Low purity so i missed out on some Xp, aka might have missed some abilities)
Emilla (warrior): Overall a pretty decent character, though her Sever nerve worked much better on the Xanrud boss than any other characters disable (didn't take a single attack during the whole fight), also i never really used her Mind razer, though that might change if the next area is the ''Wizard'' zone.
Rhiannon (Berserker): Really strong.......REALLY STRONG! with both her Bloodlust n Frenzy up, shes capable of killing the Xanrud boss in 3 rounds.
Irine (Priest): Starts out kinda weak but once you hit lvl 9 and learn Angel's spear things starts to ease up abit, though the Xanrud boss can still be tricky.
Cecsa (Theif): Because of her Eye gorge and Charming wink shes a pretty easy character to fight with, though when either of those abilities fail she can always rely on her massive damage from Draining slash + Assassin's blade.
Thyme (Sage): Each of her spells have a Debuff/Disable with a low cost per use, however her health is really really low to balance out things. During the Xanrud Second boss fight i lost to a unlucky Painfull/critical attack, which took me from full to 0, otherwise shes pretty easy/safe to play because of the disables on her spells.
Lanie: My Laptop Blew up before i played through with her <.<
Sairyn (MA): Double auto attack for the win! Pretty strong ablility kit with a decent amount of disables on them, though they tend to miss alot compared to the other characters abilities (Could just be me though)
Asella (Paladin): Not sure. . . .was kinda confused if she was a caster or a melee focused character, but she played abit like Irine in the sense you had to unlock her ''Damaging'' Abilities right after all the buffs/healing abilities.
My Favorite out of the 7 i played would have to be Rhiannon and Thyme because of how well they could disable and finish off enemies.

One last thing! Been looking at the Wiki, and after checking out each of the characters i was kinda surpriced about the ''Secret'' bonuses they have like Thyme getting double the effect on potions or Asella taking only 25% damage while guarding compared to the 50% you normally would take. Putting those bonuses on the character selection screen could be a nice gesture
Goldteddy

Postby coy47 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:52 pm

I was just wondering where on earth you got the character battle graphic for Rhiannon as I have searched high and low and could find it no where..of course I can't search the RGP forums though as the server has been down for 2 days now so where did you get it from please Kita?
coy47

Postby Kozan » Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:30 pm

Kita, I've gotta say this game seriously surprised me. You've put in a lot of work, and I know just how frustrating RPG Maker can get sometimes. I for one would love to help you with this, so I think I'm going to go spam posting (obviously with some form of constructive criticism) on a variety of threads so that I can at least post without needing the OK.

My only real issue...it's a mapping thing. Image.
Those lines are frustrating to me, and I'm pretty sure the way you fix them is just holding shift and replace the tiles. Those lines should disappear. Also, I have no idea what tile you use for the floor, but I want it.

Now, I searched the first 7 pages of this thread to see if this question every came up, and I never saw it, but I want to know how you do the character choice in the beginning. It's really cool, and I was thinking of doing something like that with one of my games that I'm workin' on.
Kozan
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner