Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.08 (1/7/12

Postby Savyar » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:12 pm

I have a question about the beta testers I know what beta testers are but i would like to know how you become one
Savyar

Postby Rakarth » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:31 pm

Sounds good to me :P
Rakarth

Postby dannub » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:22 am

A quick suggestion: the room with all the sleeping guards that you can either kill or suck them off while they sleep, if you do the latter, it should award the same XP as if you kill them. Would be a nice way to kill off a purity run, and it could even escalate such that, the third guy you do would result in a fuck rather than just sucking, and then the noise wakes the remaining guards and it becomes a gangbang.
dannub

Postby redgod » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:58 pm

Hey, KITAmaru you've inspired me to work on my RPGmaker VX CG3D game! :lol:

I've got a bunch of mods from a big mod torrent, and plenty of them replace the transparent guy for the animated scene, but I can't figure out how to get a guy/creature in the custom posable scene so I can make unique scenes. Is there a trick to this? Are they special bodies/models?

If they are, do you think you could throw your male models (guy, guard, orc, etc) and some of your neat backgrounds (like the tavern) into a small zip and toss it up on a file sharing service? I know it's an imposition to ask, and you're working hard on the actual game, but it would be a huge help to a fellow game maker!

If it's not special models could you describe how to get the guys in posable scene briefly? I've found plenty of tutorials on how to get extra girls in the scene, but I can't do anything with the male models!

Thanks a ton! I'll be happy if I can makes something even half as good as DL! :D
redgod

Postby KITAmaru » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:51 pm

For people who need help with any aspect of the game, there are two new contributors who have done an AMAZING job at adding new content, from what's sold in shops to the locations of every chest in DLaby. To the newbies, I highly recommend checking out the wiki if you need any help! It's being updated at a rapid pace (while I'm hard at work on an H-scene, heh).
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Craftcrafter » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:05 am

KITAmaru Wrote:For people who need help with any aspect of the game, there are two new contributors who have done an AMAZING job at adding new content, from what's sold in shops to the locations of every chest in DLaby. To the newbies, I highly recommend checking out the wiki if you need any help! It's being updated at a rapid pace (while I'm hard at work on an H-scene, heh).

Where is this super awesome new wiki? :-D
Craftcrafter

Postby kiethoo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Wow, the Wiki is coming along nice. Now I can't think of anything to do for it....

Maybe add what weapons or armor each player character ( and Gwen ) can use?

Heavy ( Chainmail Stuff, Circet )
Medium ( Leathers )
Light ( Cloth Dresses , BDSM Outfit )

Only the Thief Cesca can use "Ranged" Bows or 2 daggers.
Only Rhiannon can use 2 Two-Handed Swords
Asella can use a Shield , Gwen can use a Shield.
Sairyn uses Fist Weapons.

Asella and Emilia use Heavy Armors.
Rhiannon, Cesca, and Gwen Medium Armors.
The other girls Light Armor-Dresses.

RIght?
kiethoo

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Craft-
The wiki is here:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com/wiki/ ... rinth_Wiki

Kiethoo-
Mm, yeah, I actually have all of that written down on a text file. Technically there are quite a few exceptions (Emilia can use two daggers, Asella can use a Circlet, and so on) but I'll try to include those as well when I can. I have two people so far who've done a great job at contributing to the wiki. People are free to make edits as necessary if they wish. And sure, I'll send you a testing version, but I would really like to get this one H-scene done beforehand (so that you can enjoy it as well). Don't worry, should only be a couple more days tops.

Savyar-
You can be a beta tester by PMing me and asking me to add you to the list (as sometimes I forget all that's written in this thread, plus if people have under 10 posts, they need to wait for moderator approval so it can be easy for me to skip over them accidentally). In order to PM, however, you will need at least 10 posts on LoK to unlock the privilege. It's for the better since PMing is my primary means of communication regarding beta testing, and you'll definitely need to be able to do that anyway. So once you get... oh, one more post or so, feel free to drop me a line.

dannub-
Thanks for the tip regarding the XP in the Barracks. Well... funny thing is, I do have a 'spitroast' CG that takes place there but have been a bit too preoccupied with new scenes to really go back and modify the 'sleeping bandit' scene. I'll definitely get to it soon though. Sorry!

redgod-
Should be F1 (or shift + F1 depending on your comp/keyboard setup) to add a guy.
And sure, I'll see what I can do once I get back from class, I do have quite a bit of BG's.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby moonblack » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:28 pm

A very minor text error I just noticed:
When Lanie and Nebula meet for the first time Nebula never mentions the ogre corpse, yet the text still says "exactly what she described--a mangled, bloated ogre corpse". This is true for the other seven characters - Lanie is the only exception due to the slightly different conversation between her and Nebula.

No other text errors to report at this time.
moonblack

Postby Rakarth » Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:46 pm

Hey kit do you plan on doing anything special with the Dominatrix outfit?
Rakarth

Postby DarkSonicDX » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:19 am

Quick question, the sword's Lumina was using, is it based on Fate/Stay Night's Saber's Caliburn? O_O
DarkSonicDX
Newly Registered

Postby oni-san » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:33 am

Hey hey hey KITA. Loved the patch and where the game is going! I'm back and attempting to get on the beta crew for this project (once again, English major here and can really help with spelling)

Oh and loved the new asellaXrihannon scene!

-ONI-
Current Project: None, really.
oni-san

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:23 am

Moonblack-
Fixed for next patch (or the upcoming test version, really). Thanks for that.

Rakarth-
Yep. So hold onto it, obviously. Not 100% sure exactly when it'll be implemented, but usually I'm not going to give you an item like that for absolutely no reason. Unfortunately there won't be a 'dress up' system in this game (like in Grrl Power or VH) as that is just too much work for me at this point in time, plus I'm not quite savvy enough to know how to implement that kind of thing properly, but rather isolated situations or a select few H-events where stuff like having the dominatrix outfit in inventory or equipped will change the scene almost entirely.

Redgod-
Gah, looks like I got quite a bit of stuff to do tomorrow so I'll probably sleep soon--might have to delay sending you the files until tomorrow night. Sorry.

EDIT:
oni-san-
Sure thing, I will need you to reach a post count of at least 10 however, in order to get privileges for PM'ing on the forum.

DarkSonicDX-
Yeah, that's actually part of a full mod, for Saber Lily at least, iirc. Many of the available weapons / armor are from other series in terms of 3DCG mods, so I pretty much take what I can get.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby redgod » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:16 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Moonblack-
Redgod-
Gah, looks like I got quite a bit of stuff to do tomorrow so I'll probably sleep soon--might have to delay sending you the files until tomorrow night. Sorry.

No rush. :) I'm just really excited to get a pile of backgrounds (and maybe the orc ;) ). I'm still gearing up on the initial areas of the game and designing my main character in 3dCG. Not quite as ambitious as you, as I'm only going to have one character!

Thanks a TON for some backgrounds or whatever else useful fantasy stuff you can throw up. I've downloaded a couple of big mod torrents, but it's hell making heads or tails of them. I'll be sure to give you a shoutout/thanks in my credits! :mrgreen:
redgod

Postby Rakarth » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:02 am

Hah.. Good to know.. Was planning on dumping it ><
Rakarth

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07C (11/8/

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:02 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Here's my plan for the next few patches;
0.08 - 4 exclusive H-scenes (Asella, Rhiannon, Emilia, Sairyn). Several NPC encounters / storyline insight. A new 'miniboss' of sorts and enemy type with their respective areas. Gallery Mode. A minor Gwyn scene added. 2 'generic' H-scenes for each character, which are expanded to 10+ CG's instead of 3-4.
0.09 - 4 exclusive H-scenes (Thyme, Irine, Cesca, Lanie). Several more NPC encounters / storyline insight. New types of enemies with respective areas. Begin work on overhauling existing 'pixelated' CG's--the old ones. Fix possible bugs regarding the Gallery Mode.
0.10 - Might finally give you the stupid clown game. Purity System based on choices mostly, if not fully, adjusted. Intro to the Arcane Division.

Something I totally forgot to bring up:

0.10 does not have to follow 0.09, I don'[t think.

The "decimal points" in software version numbers actually don't have positional significance, they're only there to signify "minor" and "major" builds.

So like, 0.010 is totally a possibility, and 1.0 can suddenly appear when there's never been a 0.9 before it.
Lucky777

Postby raziel321 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:44 am

Yes, but normally software doesn't have the 0 as filler (so it's normally 0.9 instead of 0.09), so I think 0.10 makes sense. Also, there's a whole engeneering topic about how to number your releases, but since I don't want to bore you guys, I won't explain. If you're really interested, Google is your friend.
raziel321

Postby Lucky777 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Hahaha, I'mma actually google that shit. All I know of it comes from Wiki, and even that got over my head REAL fast.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:42 am

redgod-
Alright; sorry I've been so slow with that, busy with other things. But I'll see if I can't send it tonight, hrm.

All-
Hum, I'll probably stick with 0.10 since it seems to be what most people expect; to go from 0.09 to 0.010 would simply confuse some people, I think.

In other news, the second testing version is released!

There's still a lot I gotta do before it sees a public release, including some relatively raunchy 'generic' H-scenes (since the existing character specific scenes are admittedly kind of mushy / romantic). So don't worry, you'll see some nice Purity dependent stuff for now, but as far as the current scenes go, I am NOT, repeat NOT changing their core content due to some storyline relevance. And yes, even high Purity Irine will see hers--though, as more of a vision, it won't break her virginity if it's still intact.
Last edited by KITAmaru on Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby el_nino13 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:46 am

doing happy dance (_)_) (_(_) :D looking forward to see your great work , in other hand i finish playin all character with high purity too , now having 2 save file for each character with high and low purity, go go go you are awesome \m/
el_nino13

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner