Forum Thread Bug

Report any bugs that need fixing here. Please subscribe to your topics as they may be moved if they are not really bugs.

Forum Thread Bug

Postby Nightmenace » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:34 am

so in one of threads in the discussion area... "Drawing suggestions" by oakleaf i believe... the symbol beside it remained red as if there were unread posts even though there clearly wasn't, it was kind of annoying considering i kept thinking there were new posts in the disscusion area when there actually wasn't :x it didnt go away until i finally decided to post in that topic about it and other people were having the same problem!! so i decided to post about it here :P i wouldnt say this bug is a top priority fix i thought id make it known
Nightmenace

Re: Forum Thread Bug

Postby trunks2585 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:36 am

the 'forum upgrade' thread does the same thing to me.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Nightmenace » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:39 am

lol seems like this "upgrade" fucked something up haha
Nightmenace

Postby Valithan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:16 am

i'm not a forum/website expert, but I think it could be someone posted in that thread, but they need their post approved first, so there is a "new post", just no one can see it yet, so it seems like it didn't update, and won't toggle off till a newer post is made, or the pending post gets approved and can be seen.
Valithan

Postby Nightmenace » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:23 am

kk heres my guess:

before i decided to post, the forum said "last post by: Toddymon" but everytime i went into the thread the last post was actually by Ptoon-T, so maybe toddy wrote something, deleted it but the forum somehow glitched and said it was still there but unread, and since it was actually deleted its impossible to read so there...
Nightmenace

Postby Renara » Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:37 am

It shows you as the last poster for me, and seems to be marked as read just fine. You might want to try deleting the forum's cookies (getting to them will depend on your browser, but they should show up as legendofkrystal.com for the domain). If the problem isn't going away then I'll try poking problem threads with a stick :)
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby Nightmenace » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:44 am

ok this is getting annoying!.... in a similar glitch to the one mentioned above, the icons for the whole discussion and creative corner forums remain red even when i read all unread posts. but this time the red icon wont go away even when i post in these forums again OR if i delete cookies as u suggested before sooooo........

Renara Wrote: If the problem isn't going away then I'll try poking problem threads with a stick :)

CUE STICK POKING!!! :)
Nightmenace

Postby trunks2585 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:49 am

Maybe your poking made it worse Ren?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Nightmenace » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:51 am

oh he already did tamper with it a bit? i didnt think he was going to yet....well if u did do something...undo it lol if u didnt do any "poking" then u might want to

EDIT: just letting u know this glitch isnt happening for the bugs forum at the moment so its just the discussion and creative corner ones

EDIT 2: i JUST noticed the "marked forums read" button which fixes this problem....still an annoying glitch tho lol
Nightmenace

Postby kingcupworld » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:36 am

Yeah, ive been having this too.
Nightmenace Wrote:EDIT 2: i JUST noticed the "marked forums read" button which fixes this problem....still an annoying glitch tho lol

and this is how i fixed it lool
Thanks in advance...
kingcupworld

Postby Renara » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:14 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:Maybe your poking made it worse Ren?

I hope not, I haven't done anything yet! I can't get it to happen on any of the threads that others have been having trouble with, it all works as expected for me.
If marking a forum as read seems to resolve it then I'd probably just recommend that everyone having trouble just uses that feature after looking at all the topics they're interested in, as the only thing I can think of is to clear the forum's cache table but that'd mark all topics as read for everybody so you could end up missing posts.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby toddymon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:16 pm

um...stupid question. but how do you mark something as read again? {derp face}
toddymon

Postby LiKrySo412 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:19 pm

toddymon Wrote:um...stupid question. but how do you mark something as read again? {derp face}

Meh.png
LiKrySo412

Postby toddymon » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:20 pm

ooooooh! thank you very much.
toddymon

Return to Bugs