[Forums] Database Errors

Report any bugs that need fixing here. Please subscribe to your topics as they may be moved if they are not really bugs.

[Forums] Database Errors

Postby Renara » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:32 pm

I know some people have been encountering occasional database errors. While these are mostly likely a result of the high volume of traffic that visits this forum during peak hours (US evening/weekends), I'm hoping to confirm just in case there's a fixable error at work.

Please post any database errors that you encounter.

If the database error reads anything like "too many connections" or "max connections" then it's likely just the forums being too busy, you can usually just go back and try again if you were posting a message. If you do re-try an attempt to post a message, then please remember to check that your first attempt didn't actually go through, otherwise you might end up double-posting!
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Re: [Forums] Database Errors

Postby GolanTrevize » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:56 pm

I sometimes find this error when i load a page (one from fifty aprox):

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

It is solved reloading the page

I´ve also noticed that if i am dowloading a file or a flash is charging and i try to load another page from the forum in another window, the download stops.
Current project: Dark moon (Artists needed)
GolanTrevize

Postby bed_intruder » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:27 am

Just thought I'd post to let you know I'm getting the same server error as GolanTrevize. Sometimes a flash file won't load up all the way for me as well and I have to refresh the page; same thing works for fixing the server error. I noticed it happened a lot on my slower laptop and on this computer I rarely get it, so maybe due to some peoples computer speed when connecting to the server?
bed_intruder

Postby Renara » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:23 am

One of the cases I know of regarding speed would be that if you double-click by accident, or if you get a bit impatient and click on a link or button several times, then it can result in an error, presumably due to the server thinking it's a duplicate request.
Renara (team twitter | newgrounds)
Team Lead Programmer
Lok Team Member
Site Administrator
Renara
Foxy Admin

Postby BlueLight » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:48 am

I think i might have found another bug.

In the past you login and tell it to keep logging you in. Close your browser and goto the forums let it load a bit and started loading it again and i believe this will log you out.
I'm not totally sure since this just seems to be when it happens to me but i haven't tested my theory.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby BlueLight » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:29 pm

I was able to download the file with some trouble but that's my end and has nothing to do with browser or the website.
Other than the little touble i had it download just fine and was done with in seconds.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Return to Bugs