Dark Conception (Monster game)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Dark Conception (Pen and Paper Game)

Postby krystalfreak » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:54 pm

Do you have any idea when you will have a playable game of this? I'm dying to play!!!
krystalfreak

Postby dryingpole » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:01 am

@krystalfreak: In anything other than a pen and pencil version of the game? No idea. I want to play it TOO, trust me!
dryingpole

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:30 am

"a "Breeder" mutation which allows minor stat gains when raping ANY human. It should be fairly big and make the monster much less effective in combat, but at least will make breeding valuable, especially when the only humans that will increase your stats are human "Heroes")" (dryingpole)

This would also cause specialization, where a player has basically 3 classes of monster: breeding, killing and incapacitating. I like that aspect.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Thaedael » Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:57 am

I am actually in a fun course at the moment, and one of the things we are required to do is design an ideal city. If you want I can make a concept blue print of your city, I already have many good ideas from medieval design.
Thaedael

Postby dancecat » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:15 am

Argh, I tried to post here a few days back, with a rather long post, but for some reason my posts still need moderation, I guess they suspect that I'm just a really awesome adbot. My earlier post is either being ignored by the mods or it's been denied for some reason. (You'd think the forum would let me know it was denied, and you'd think the admin would allow people to pm him)

Oh well, I don't feel like typing out the whole thing again, but here's the most important part:

How many of us have skills in some kind of game development?

I don't think many of my skills will be useful. I'm a pro with rpg maker xp and photoshop (for sprites/pictures/textures), and I have a lot of experience in making games. That alone isn't enough to make this game come to life though, unless someone here knows ruby, and you guys are willing to settle for 2d pictures and heavy text.

In other news, I've heavily edited your game to use an algorithm and die rolls to make moves for the opposing team, among other changes. (It's still pen-and-paper, it just allows me to play solo against a "bot" controlled by some "if" logic and random die rolls)
dancecat

Postby dryingpole » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:46 am

That'd be GREAT... just make sure you include a girl's school (Where all the gals wear uniforms but are OVER 18! Really! Stop looking at me like that!) :twisted:
dryingpole

Postby Thaedael » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:59 am

It turns out all this inactivity from spriting has made me rather rusty. In an effort to shake of the FeO2 build up I made these for you. One is just random goofing around, the other is on a transparency so you could use it to make a design document or toss into your first post to start building some credibility.

Thaedael

Postby dryingpole » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:18 pm

Love it man! Looks very nice... trying to write up some armor ideas but am getting bogged down with RL...

Only improvements I would suggest (IF I may be so bold...) Either one of those "O's" would look REALLY good with a soft red glow in the center...
Aaaand if the letters were either slimy looking, or dripping slime... (For later when we get to animation!)

Seriously, Awesome job, and now I have to get back to work!
dryingpole

Postby Thaedael » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:27 pm

I will see what I can do when I get more spare time. My original ideas for the O (and most of the letter shapes) was to incorporate a pregnant stomach and breast with hands holding the center, however it wasn't working out. Pregnancy isn't my fetish what can I say? As for the shape, the plane was to have the letters fit together and pop out as an animation, but meh this is just basic concept art.
Thaedael

Postby Mackenjii » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:29 am

Hey I've been lurking around and I saw this this. I love the Idea! So I figured I'd lend you a hand and help out. I re-did some character sheets and I posted one of them up tell me what you think.
Attachments
Dark Conception Monster Sheet P.PNG
Mackenjii
Newly Registered

Postby Infinity WEAPON » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:25 am

This concept, simply put, is amazing. Flattery aside, I have some questions.
1. Is the medium creature launcher capable of launching small creatures?
2. About how many characters do you start out with at the beginning (Human AND Monster)

Also, mutation idea: Incubator. I.E: Once a gal has been raped to pregnancy, the fetus would be removed at such and such time and implanted into a walking uterus. This creature would obviously be absolutely useless in combat, and only really be good after an ingagement or in 'Prisons'.
Infinity WEAPON
Newly Registered

Postby malecamwhore » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:47 am

Not gonna lie, I haven;t been following this since about page 2 (too many walls'o'text) but from what I've read, this sounds FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Depending on what language this is in, I may be able to help with coding.
malecamwhore
Newly Registered

Postby dryingpole » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:20 am

Wow... tons of people with input today! Must get back to work!!!

@Mackenji: That's actually A MUCH better character sheet than I made. Thank you. Only downside is that you're working with the old rules on it, but that's EASILY corrected. Mind if I use em for write ups/pnp runthroughs?

@infinity Weapon: Thanks for the kind words, first off...
GOOD question on the medium creature launcher. The Medium creature launcher can indeed fire Small creatures as well in concept... however, I think it should still be limited to the Medium creature range/. (In other words, it pays to match your mosnters to the launcher.

As far as the starting group goes... IDEALLY it would start with ONE monster. that's it... It makes early game very tough, but rewarding... As far as the humans goe, I was thinking of a typical D&D party of six. Reason is that they have NO idea where the monsters are, and honestly, the monsters have an advantage if they use their brain, since humans are EVERYWHERE.

@malecamwhore. Thanks for the honesty! I know that walls o text are a habit of mine... that whole "writer" thing... I have no IDEA what language this will end up in eventually. Next semester I hope to take C++ programming... that's only a starting point, but we'll see what happens...
dryingpole

Postby Malcanthet » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 am

OK this is a really good idea, a really good game with stats, ideas and the like, but I'm gonna say this off the bat.

THIS WILL NOT WORK.

But don't take this as a bad thing. This is not a single player, PnP game, flash, or otherwise. The direction needs to go in a different way. This needs to be more like...

http://www.sanrokugo.com/5/altered-ass-hunter

That. Now, take that idea right off the bat, now splice it with one part Real-Time-Strategy (like Warcraft, Age of Empires, or Starcraft) and one part Left for Dead, with the multiple zombie types, stats, and ideas.

Now implement the breeding.

Now implement the unit spawning, 'resource' management, and building based off of how many 'rapes' (or whatever you wish) occurs next.

???

Profit!!

-- Sorry for the 4chan reference, haha, but seriously, Dark Conception might work well as a PnP or single flash game, but a larger board with unit control (which would mean multiple couplings at once, or one after another..) would make this game *flourish* beyond reproach.

My suggestion is to rip open the flash above and make some new units, probably different monsters, and just add some art. Then expand the stats from there, it's a good base to start on.

Brilliant Idea here, and I want to see it continue.. If I could code worth a damn Id be right there helping you. I *can* art up some stuff, but I dont know the first lick of how to implement it for you all to follow, as I'm normally just a dirty hippie lurker around here that reads and watches all the naughty flash.
Malcanthet

Postby Malcanthet » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:32 pm

You know what this could even be a modified tower defense style game and still have all the aspects.. perhaps. Don't think I'm a hater I love this and think its brilliant.. makes me think of the Feast movies.
Malcanthet

Postby dryingpole » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:55 am

Heh... ya know, you do have a point that from a SIMPLE coding viewpoint, DC is almost impossible. It requires a lot of forethought as far as code goes, probably a 3d engine, etc...
Not gonna give UP on it, but if there's a possibility of changing it...

So as far as an "Ass Hunter" variation... here's my thought. Which is more fun? To be the Rapee, or Rapist?

I'd go for Rapist, personally... Would be fun to do an asshunter style game where you're a monster that improves with every rape...
Allows for a basic implementation of the CAM system, and potentially allows for more attention to the concept...

Just sayin too... Thanks for the input.
dryingpole

Postby Thaedael » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:40 am

The other option is to make it a pure text based game, which would be pretty easy to code I assume.
Thaedael

Postby Malcanthet » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:42 am

Dryingpole I like that idea.. you starting off as a breeder or picking your monster class. You'd have to kill or avoid some but others have the grab option naturally. Progressively you'd level up stats until you .....
I just got it. Check out the roguelike gas called crawl, stone soup version. Imagine renaming aqnd decoding that. It could take some spritework but its an excellent engine.
Malcanthet

Postby Malcanthet » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:47 am

Sorry can't post the link.. but Google gets the page right up. The dungeon tile version is very promising. Excuse my typos today.. Droid phone sometimes does silly spelling.
Malcanthet

Postby dryingpole » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 pm

Okay... just spitballing on if we were to make a "simplified" version of DC...

You'd have to have a choice of monsters... I think three minimum... for the classic choices, I'd say Lupine, Slimy, and Lizard. If we were to bump it up to more, it'd take more time, but it'd be fun...

Top down... would work pretty fine, I think...

Ok, paradigm is that you're a monster who improves by raping and breeding with women. Every woman you successfully impregnate give you an extra "LIFE" and every one that is a good specimen for breeding gives you points to improve your abilities... (OOOOR we can do it that every impreged chick gives you a "Spawn" that can be used for various things depending on your monster type, and you only get extra lives for breeding as well as points.)

Rape takes time, and fixes you in one place... BUUUUT you don't have to rape a gal as soon as you grab her... However, grabbing a chick limits your other attacks.

Enemies come in two types... Male and Female. Kill the guys, rape the women.

There should be a set list of mutations for each monster... (NOT in the original spirit of DC, but simplified for coding easy and to get us a game to play...)

Instead of endless, repeating levels, set stages would work nicely... each one increasing in difficulty/enemy strength/ as well as the number of potential victims...

Just a quick version of my simplified version... thoughts?
dryingpole

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner