MiM (hacked) - On Hiatus since Feb 17, 2013

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: MiM (hacked) - On Hiatus since Feb 17, 2013

Postby MPLDAM9919 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:43 am

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
MPLDAM9919 Wrote:...Crap! I wish I was paying attention. I'll post that comment in the right thread. We all make mistakes, right?

Yes, no problem, really (well lets wait for the boss of this thread, I hope he doesnt mind) huh...hmmm... :?

Can you PM me your email just case something happens?
MPLDAM9919

Postby theblacknphbutnotgay » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:38 pm

yeah ivan i played smw and yoshi's island they are regular mario stuffs, all mario games that aren't golf or tennis or something. even mario rpg but i don't think that's a mario game they just slapped him on there. most mario games have like 3 lines of plot throughout the whole thing besides smw i never even had a clue there was a plot until new super mario bros wii. it had no lines of plot at all it was all for you to assume i guess.

mario games don't tell you what's going on they show you. blargh's game is more a mario game in that sense.

the 20 or 30 enemies yyou have i never heard of are all from paper mario i looked em up while baby sitting, they are kinda weird characters (weird even for mario) lol.

NOW I GO GET PIZZA!!! and diapers :(
Maybe there IS a God?
theblacknphbutnotgay

Postby krystal » Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:35 pm

excellent! 8-) 8-) 8-)
krystal
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:22 pm

Do you use any optimization in the first level ? What is its fps - becouse i have no lugs at all it works very fast and good. I want to understand a reason why some times when moving level textures it lugs and how to make it no lug at all. As i understand you just move all the map there with a lot of vector graphics - but why do not it lug then ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:57 am

Blargh disappeared since March 13th. :?

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Do you use any optimization in the first level ? What is its fps - becouse i have no lugs at all it works very fast and good. I want to understand a reason why some times when moving level textures it lugs and how to make it no lug at all. As i understand you just move all the map there with a lot of vector graphics - but why do not it lug then ?

Its LAG, not lug. ;)
For about moving textures, you have to be sure of those things:

1 - you should not move tons of Movie Clips that has inner movie clips inside. You can have, say, a giant MC (background) with some GRAPHIC symbols (not Movie Clips) or a few MCs (with code). That is fine. WHen you use Background MC with Grass MC inside, with tons of small grass leaves inside (child movie clip) with even more children, this makes the game slow/ it lags.
2 - Check your curves/points count! When you use a large grass painted using BRUSH, its almost certain it will have 3000 or even 10.000 curves. When you create clones/duplicates of it to populate the entire background, you can reach 100.000 easily. In the game I'm making, I try to use a 500 or even less, 100 curve objects. Then 20 objects will sum up 2,000 curves only.
3 - Sub movie clips inside background without stop() -> make sure that movie clips you dont use in the background and other areas are stopped. Sometimes they loop playing.
4 - Giant invisible MCs. These cause slowdown. Either diminish their size or use visible=false. NEVER use alpha=0 if you want the movie to be totally invisible. If you need to use transparency, then use alpha in smaller MCs. Visible=false is faster than alpha=0.
5 - Try to cast new objects using attachMovie/loadMovie (that is, at compile/execution time) instead of putting MCs in the stage at production time.
6 - Never change 'Display', then 'Blend mode' (on the right, Properties pane). Using blending modes for background (like 'layer', 'darken', 'screen') lags the game.
7 - Try not to use many gradient effects (you know, painting with a gradient, different color with a smooth coloring). These slows the game down.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Blargh » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:49 am

krystal Wrote:excellent! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Oh no, a reply! What do I do? What did I do?

Er, uh, radical? :?

Thanks. ^_^

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Do you use any optimization in the first level ? What is its fps - becouse i have no lugs at all it works very fast and good. I want to understand a reason why some times when moving level textures it lugs and how to make it no lug at all. As i understand you just move all the map there with a lot of vector graphics - but why do not it lug then ?

FPS is 16. Objects that have a lot of children inside them at varying angles and sizes will cause a lot of lag because Flash records every single little adjustment and keeps track of each little difference in the x/y/width/height/rotation references for every single child object. And certain items like text boxes take a lot more effort for Flash to render at odd angles. So, for instance, I had to remove the scrolling text from DigFree's Cortana model because there were two scrolling text boxes repeated in 14 objects at very different sizes and angles with a lot of angle adjustments because of each little bit of movement.

However, graphical rendering is a lot harder on a system than simple positional referencing, so things that are off screen don't take as much processing power to keep them moving (even though they still are very much being animated). Then when they do come on screen the system switches to rendering the graphics, adding a ton more processing requirements to the objects.

Also, I don't do much optimization, and I have a super-powerful computer. This means that I really only deal with lag that causes even my system to stutter. >_>

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Blargh disappeared since March 13th. :?

Sorry, I'm doing fine. I just didn't get any PM's and I still can't keep up with the pace of the MiM PUT thread, so I figured I'd finish off the Pokey scenes and send them all in one batch when I'm done.
"Is that seriously the end of that story?"
Blargh

Postby clarkeisaac7 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Hey, I Saw you had an intrest in Anime. Wondering if there will be more anime characters to come. *cough* Sailor Moon! *cough*

Love the game by the way.
clarkeisaac7
Newly Registered

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:09 am

Blargh Wrote:Sorry, I'm doing fine. I just didn't get any PM's and I still can't keep up with the pace of the MiM PUT thread, so I figured I'd finish off the Pokey scenes and send them all in one batch when I'm done.

Hey no problem! PHEW, you are fine! I prefer you disappearing THEN reappearing with news, than disappearing for no reason and making the entire MIM PUT team (and your team in your thread) worrying about you, man.

There is even a joke about that, days ago.

(I know, its missing an H. Even the letter is missing!) :?
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Blargh » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:35 am

clarkeisaac7 Wrote:Hey, I Saw you had an intrest in Anime. Wondering if there will be more anime characters to come. *cough* Sailor Moon! *cough*

Love the game by the way.

Ah, I really wish. I should probably get around to adding that Sailor Moon model Ulgar made. >_> Then Jupiter will finally be within my sticky clutches! :lol:

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Hey no problem! PHEW, you are fine! I prefer you disappearing THEN reappearing with news, than disappearing for no reason and making the entire MIM PUT team (and your team in your thread) worrying about you, man.

There is even a joke about that, days ago.

(I know, its missing an H. Even the letter is missing!) :?

But, but I didn't even get a write-off PM! :P So, as a general rule of thumb: 2 weeks before sending an "I'm slacking off too much" PM, a month before a "worried I might be gone" PM, two months for an "I died" PM. Though, for that last one I reserve the right not to answer until three days after receiving the message or immediately upon somebody saying I'm not dead. <_<
Blargh

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:03 am

There are things we're a bit worried about: using sounds in the timeline instead of sound=new sound();
http://www.legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2265&p=209228#p209228

(See the spoiler there) :P

Blargh Wrote:But, but I didn't even get a write-off PM! :P So, as a general rule of thumb: 2 weeks before sending an "I'm slacking off too much" PM, a month before a "worried I might be gone" PM, two months for an "I died" PM. Though, for that last one I reserve the right not to answer until three days after receiving the message or immediately upon somebody saying I'm not dead. <_<

I'm not the man who sends tons of PM's :/ But even on trello you disappeared. But hey, I dont mind, provided you come here (LOK) once in a while, and say 'I'm still alive!' ;)

Tons of new features were added since your absent. You do know you can keep in touch wich the changelog (page 1 of my thread) and see the news, like the New Peach Pose System. I dont use Peach poses inside _root.char anymore (like standing up, walking, masturbating...). There is only a 'peach stand' there (one frame). And it uses 'xscale' algorithms to change direction (left/right), so I'm not using two different frames for each real pose anymore.

During the game, when Peach changes pose (say, when she walks), I recreate this new pose, using attachMovie, replacing peach standing with peach walking, dynamically. For this to work, each Peach pose needs to be the same size (no transformations!) and the registration points need to be in the same place.

This feature above fixed the 'latency bug' when you have more than 30 poses in Peach timeline and the game became even faster (lets say, 1%). I might use this for levels too. But I will require to copy all layers, then create a new symbol (like level_1_1) then paste the layers inside it again and erase the 'all-in-one layer that it creates automatically'. Then change all references from _root.Peach, _root.char, _root.enemies, _root.ground to _root._level.Peach, _root._level.enemies.....
I'll do this sooner or later. So loading later levels wont be laggy anymore, but immediate ;) It's like magic!

I will send to you the four wrench scenes I did , updated (I think you only have 2). And I'm making the Boggly Tree level ;)

Worldmap - World 4 (The Forest): download/file.php?id=13774&mode=view
Blargh Tree (whops, Boggly Tree), room 2. download/file.php?id=13757&t=1
There, Punios, Clefts and maybe one x-naut will have fun with Peach ;)
Ivan-Aedler

Postby ahrimansiah » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:06 am

I love this game! its very fun to use other chars with new cloths in this game! any chance of update with new stuff from peach untold tale?
Thanx again for share
ahrimansiah

Postby theblacknphbutnotgay » Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:21 am

ahrimansiah Wrote:I love this game! its very fun to use other chars with new cloths in this game! any chance of update with new stuff from peach untold tale?
Thanx again for share

THIS is a very good question
Maybe there IS a God?
theblacknphbutnotgay

Postby Blargh » Tue Dec 10, 2013 9:16 pm

ahrimansiah Wrote:I love this game! its very fun to use other chars with new cloths in this game! any chance of update with new stuff from peach untold tale?
Thanx again for share

theblacknphbutnotgay Wrote:
Thanx again for share

THIS is a very good question

Eventually, I will add stuff from PUT into DO, like new areas and animations. For now, though, I'm just doing animations for PUT. It will probably be a LONG time before I get back to DO.

Also, sorry for the long, long wait on the reply. I haven't been checking back on the thread like I said I would >_>, so for any questions please send me a PM. It's about the only way I'm going to give a timely reply.
Blargh

Postby theblacknphbutnotgay » Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:33 am

We need more Emo Rosalina man
Maybe there IS a God?
theblacknphbutnotgay

Postby MarioMaker » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:34 am

Can anyone explain to an utter noob how to take one of the sprites in the game make them all one body such as the normal peach base for hair, body etc..?
my goal is to take each animation and export them as a sprite sheet for each "character" so that I can use them to make a Unity web version of the game.
MarioMaker

Postby Problum » Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:04 pm

I need to download the game but I don't know how
Problum
Newly Registered

Previous

Return to Creative Corner