MiM (hacked) - On Hiatus since Feb 17, 2013

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: MiM (hacked) - Updated February 9, 2013

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:32 pm

Blargh Wrote:I think he just wants the character, not a costume. Since Emo Rosalina has the same skin tone as Rosalina, it's just a matter of copying all of Rosalina's parts (when Rosalina is eventually added), re-coloring the hair (and a little adjustment on the size of the bangs), and replacing the star earrings with skull earrings. The crown, eye color, and nail color are all also the same.

Well, then thats another story ;) Its possible to add her.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Residentlover2 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:49 am

damn you futa-girls you killed my peach :(
English is not my main language :P
Residentlover2

Postby Blargh » Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:48 am

SuperDodoman12 Wrote:damn you futa-girls you killed my peach :(

No! No. It's...a strap-on. Totally just a strap-on that squirts, uh, breast milk. >_> You did turn off fetishes by pressing 'f', right? Cuz otherwise, ha hah, funny story... <_<
"Is that seriously the end of that story?"
Blargh

Postby napala » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:32 am

I think you should ask a moderator to close this thread unil you come back to this game. You know, to avoid innesessary How the hell is that spelled? Bumps
napala

Postby QuizmasterBos » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:09 pm

Apalapan Wrote:I think you should ask a moderator to close this thread unil you come back to this game. You know, to avoid innesessary How the hell is that spelled? Bumps

I agree. The thread won't be seeing any action for quite a while now, so the thread can best be locked down.

Also, the word is spelled 'unnecessary'.
QuizmasterBos

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:45 pm

I hope one day this version of the game will see the world too ;) I really like this version :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Blargh » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:41 am

The update will happen tomorrow night. The Lady Bow animation is done, I just need to add some final text and sound, plus I also want to add text and double-check sounds on the Boo and Blooper scenes. I'll also be putting a notice directly in the game.

Apalapan Wrote:I think you should ask a moderator to close this thread unil you come back to this game. You know, to avoid innesessary How the hell is that spelled? Bumps

QuizmasterBos Wrote:I agree. The thread won't be seeing any action for quite a while now, so the thread can best be locked down.

I'll still be answering questions and fixing bugs. There will just be a big notice on the first page reminding people, plus the in-game notice.

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:I hope one day this version of the game will see the world too ;) I really like this version :mrgreen:

According to Ivan, some parts of the world are already seeing the game....in seedy-ad-revenue-site vision. >_> The full version is a different matter, of course, but overall even the expected final version would have much less content than MiM PUT. It'll just be put together in a different way.
Blargh

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:06 am

Blargh Wrote:According to Ivan, some parts of the world are already seeing the game....in seedy-ad-revenue-site vision. >_> The full version is a different matter, of course, but overall even the expected final version would have much less content than MiM PUT. It'll just be put together in a different way.

Don't even dare to say 'much less content'. You're doing a nice job as always, you just need to see which could be imported, improved and changed to fit your game style. ;)
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Residentlover2 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:16 am

oh i forgot that :shock: damn
English is not my main language :P
Residentlover2

Re: MiM (hacked) - On Hiatus since Feb 17, 2013

Postby Blargh » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:21 am

Last update before going to work on MiM PUT (February 17, 2013):
- Adjusted the costume 'created by' box at character select to a width that can hold ClaraMennington's name.
- Finished the Lady Bow scene.
- A couple of Boos have been moved so they can be dodged now, if desired.
- Added text to Bloopers, Boos, and Pokey.
EDIT: Added a going-away message to the end of the underground area.
PS: The last FLA for a while is here: http://www.mediafire.com/?iyrcbnr31i4lt66.

I will still be answering questions and making bug fixes as they arise.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Don't even dare to say 'much less content'. You're doing a nice job as always, you just need to see which could be imported, improved and changed to fit your game style. ;)

Well, yeah, but I very highly doubt I'd stuff as many assets into DO as will eventually be in PUT.

SuperDodoman12 Wrote:oh i forgot that :shock: damn

Make sure to save the change in the options menu or you'll get a shock every time you start the game (since 'f' on its own doesn't save).
Blargh

Re: MiM (hacked) - Updated January 25, 2013

Postby Toyloli » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:12 pm

Blargh Wrote:And some major news: I'm going to be working on MiM PUT as a dedicated animator. So this MiM DO version will not be updated (except for bug-fixes) after I'm finished with the Lady Bow scene.

Aside from Ivan asking, I'm doing this because the rest of my plans for the game were to use resources pretty much exclusively from MiM PUT (starting with the desert, deep underwater, and the sub). Since I don't really see that as fair (no matter how much Ivan assures me it's okay), I'm going to earn my keep there, so that when I come back to MiM DO I'll be able to dump everything in one go and not get so caught up in the major details.

The main reason why I won't be developing MiM DO at the same time is that it requires time that I don't have to do both. And since, like I said, my plans were to use resources already developed in MiM PUT for the rest of the game, I can just focus on making animations for MiM PUT and then port them back into MiM DO later. Otherwise, every new area, every new gameplay idea, every new NPC interaction is taking away a lot of time that could be put into making new scenes now.

Of course, while I'm away, the FLA will still be available for anyone that wants to take up development or score some resources. And I'll always be available to help with bug-fixing or explaining where things are or how they interact.

I'm not saying goodbye to MiM DO. I'm just doing work on a specific area of it for an extended period of time without updates. And then I'll be back to complete the game. :D

Random question.... Since MimPut and MimDo are basically the same game (just with different level design) and will essentially have the same monsters and same sex scenes.... Why not merge the projects.
You could re-create your levels as a series of 'Hell Mode' levels for inside the game, where the player can go around in a limited space and just get mauled by hordes of monsters (well, not mauled. Gang raped??)... You could even expand on it and have it like the original Mario game, ((pre mario bros)) where in each level monsters just keep spawning out of pipes and you have to kill (or rape) every monster, and then face the boss of that area before progressing.
Toyloli

Location: Six feet down, three feet to the left and 12 feet up.

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:27 pm

Merging the projects was talked about before, but it wasn't appropriate at that time (which is why Ivan made his "own".)

I'd be surprised if it had become appropriate at this time.

Granted though, that was certainly before Blargh was one of Ivan's official animators.
Lucky777

Postby Blargh » Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:39 pm

Toyloli Wrote:Random question.... Since MimPut and MimDo are basically the same game (just with different level design) and will essentially have the same monsters and same sex scenes.... Why not merge the projects.
You could re-create your levels as a series of 'Hell Mode' levels for inside the game, where the player can go around in a limited space and just get mauled by hordes of monsters (well, not mauled. Gang raped??)... You could even expand on it and have it like the original Mario game, ((pre mario bros)) where in each level monsters just keep spawning out of pipes and you have to kill (or rape) every monster, and then face the boss of that area before progressing.

Lucky777 Wrote:Merging the projects was talked about before, but it wasn't appropriate at that time (which is why Ivan made his "own".)

Granted though, that was certainly before Blargh was one of Ivan's official animators.

I proposed a similar idea to Ivan before, but it essentially came down to: many basic processes behind the scenes use different code and interactions that wouldn't work with a simple merge, and so the two games would remain essentially the same as they are now, developed independently of one another, and just separated by an SWF. A more complex merge would take a fair amount of time, and it wouldn't really do much more than the aforementioned two-games-in-one idea. Ivan really went off on his "own" because I wasn't willing to make the scenes that he wanted to see, and I wasn't making the game he wanted to play.

Hence, now I'm becoming an animator for MiM PUT, where Ivan is the boss and I'll make all the scenes I didn't want to make for MiM DO, partially because the two projects are already very similar even if they're very different, and partially because I wasn't originally planning on being a programmer when I got into Flash. Even when I started in programming for Flash, my original intention was simply to make animations for LoK. It was my failure to understand basic Flash interactions (like tweens and as2's on-object code) that led me to work on MiM, since it looked like a simpler system to figure out. Now I'll be able to focus on animating, without having to worry a great deal about making the code work.
Blargh

Postby QuizmasterBos » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Blargh Wrote:
Toyloli Wrote:Random question.... Since MimPut and MimDo are basically the same game (just with different level design) and will essentially have the same monsters and same sex scenes.... Why not merge the projects.

Lucky777 Wrote:Merging the projects was talked about before, but it wasn't appropriate at that time (which is why Ivan made his "own".)

I proposed a similar idea to Ivan before, but it essentially came down to: many basic processes behind the scenes use different code and interactions that wouldn't work with a simple merge, and so the two games would remain essentially the same as they are now, developed independently of one another, and just separated by an SWF. A more complex merge would take a fair amount of time, and it wouldn't really do much more than the aforementioned two-games-in-one idea. Ivan really went off on his "own" because I wasn't willing to make the scenes that he wanted to see, and I wasn't making the game he wanted to play.

Hence, now I'm becoming an animator for MiM PUT, where Ivan is the boss and I'll make all the scenes I didn't want to make for MiM DO, partially because the two projects are already very similar even if they're very different, and partially because I wasn't originally planning on being a programmer when I got into Flash. Even when I started in programming for Flash, my original intention was simply to make animations for LoK. It was my failure to understand basic Flash interactions (like tweens and as2's on-object code) that led me to work on MiM, since it looked like a simpler system to figure out. Now I'll be able to focus on animating, without having to worry a great deal about making the code work.

Honestly, I'd be more suprised now if I'd see the projects merge. The two games became less the same over time, as Ivan prefers focus on a full story with an embarrassing tone to it. Blargh's prefers a larger cast of characters and an occasional sex scene thrown in.

Of course both games come from the same source, but level design, story, personalities, looks and even the whole game experience in general has changed too much in my opinion to warrant a merge.

I do think newcomers will get confused, as the games still look quite similar on a basic view and almost all the sex scenes (right now, that is) are step by step the same.
I know Ivan wants the scenes to eventually change so that the enemy will always take the lead, but still...
QuizmasterBos

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:00 am

For this to work without problems, me and Blargh would need to:
1) use even more of our lack of time to code, code, code and code (stopping improvements and new sex scenes) in order to make both games compatible. I've created a whole new set of _global arrays that get the job done without making the code complex with the new features provided. Regarding Peach proportions, enemies and scenes, for sure both games are compatible, but things stop here because of the new camera, new peach poses and features like swimming and tail attack, a background color support, a moving background, a respawn_area code with dynamic casting of objects, garbage collection, 'enter-level' variable casting, worldmap mechanics and cannon-bunker roleplay.
2) have a team or designers to make all 47 costumes in frontside and backside modes.
3) Me and Blargh would need to agree on things we have some conflicts due to our different concepts, for example: I wanted a game like a real Mario, with breaking blocks, Peach with limited lives, bonus levels, inventory and stats screens.
But, as Blargh can always use MIM PUT resources any time, its up to him to import what he wants to MIM DO, so he knows I'll be always here to help him if he decides to do that in the future.
And we cant forget that Blargh can always create the animation style he wants, because MIM PUT is going to be (at least should be) a huge game with tons or possibilities, not only embarassing scenes.

See the answer above.

Blargh Wrote:I proposed a similar idea to Ivan before, but it essentially came down to: many basic processes behind the scenes use different code and interactions that wouldn't work with a simple merge

Thats so true. Mostly because Playshapes was using on-object code, _root variables and 'GotoAndPlay 1-2-1-2' approach on objects, in a way it made programming complex later in development.
My code, for example, may be better than the default (a lot of them was remade/recreated from scratch), but for sure it will be improved/optimized more , using state machines. Below, just a small snack of code just to check masturbation so far. _currentFrameState just takes the current pose, and in the end of the game loop, it goes to the right 'gotoAndStop'. This avoid me using 'gotoAndPlay/Stop in each pose check (e.g. she's stopped but a following check noticed she is actually masturbating), which can be resource intensive.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Code: Select All Code
////MASTURBATING
  if (Key.isDown(_root.keyMASTURBATE))
  {
    if (_root.can_masturbate)
    {
      if (!_global.PLAYER.lockAnimation)   //change animations if she's free to do so
      {
        if (!Key.isDown(_root.keyLEFT))
        {
          if (!Key.isDown(_root.keyRIGHT))
          {
            if (!Key.isDown(_root.keyA))
            {
              if (!Key.isDown(_root.keyD))
              {
                if (_root.movement)
                {
                  if (_global.PLAYER.isTouchingGround)
                  {
                    if (!_root.masturbating)
                    {
                      if (!_root.jumping)
                      {
                        if (!_root.pausee)
                        {
                          if (!_root.on_action)
                          {
                            if (!_root.on_pipe_to_go_down)   //If shes not on a pipe. Will soon be used to inside Pipe Mast button checking.                               {
                              if (peach_right)
                              {
                                _currentFrameState="mastright";
                              }
                              else
                              {
                                _currentFrameState="mastleft";
                              }
                          }
                        }
                      }
                    }
                  }
                }
              }
            }
          }
        }
      }
    }
  }
////END OF MASTURBATING CODE

Again, the code above IS NOT optimized, but it works 100%.

Blargh Wrote:Ivan really went off on his "own" because I wasn't willing to make the scenes that he wanted to see, and I wasn't making the game he wanted to play.

Actually, we can just say its because we have different views. Creativity is the base of all this, and they bring us novelties.

Blargh Wrote:Hence, now I'm becoming an animator for MiM PUT, where Ivan is the boss and I'll make all the scenes I didn't want to make for MiM DO

But you can always improve/change them/reuse parts to fulfill your rules, Blargh.

Blargh Wrote:Now I'll be able to focus on animating, without having to worry a great deal about making the code work.

I hope you dont worry as much as me into game code :o Thats because its reaching a stage that its a living engine on its own, that needs repair all the time, and improvements.
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:42 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:33 am

See the answer? I wasn't asking a question.
Lucky777

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:41 am

Lucky777 Wrote:See the answer? I wasn't asking a question.

Well you understood ;)
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Toyloli » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:17 pm

@ivan and Blarg (I would quote but this would make the post huge)

The problem as I see it is based on this (and I'm nutshelling here)
The whole premise of Mario is Missing Hacked is (as the name Hacked suggests) something to allow players to wonder around in a very simple environment, preferably using one hand, and seeing as many different sex scenes as possible with as many different costumes/body types as possible and hopefully as much jizzworthy (not sure about that term) content as possible.

The whole premise of Mario is Missing: Peach's Untold Story is that Ivan wants to actually create a Princess Peach style clone that just so happens to have a script like a poorly written erotic story, or a well written hentai.

Now, I will admit that (and this probably comes from the whole me being female) I think that MIMPUT has more range of re-playability than MIMDO, however I acknowledge at the same time that a large percentage of males will only be playing the game to see the sex-scenes and that too much gameplay will simply get in the way of this.
Coding aside (cause frankly, MIMPUT's coding seams to be more efficient in many ways, and much more dynamic) I fail to understand why this project has to only go one way. Issues like destructible blocks, the method of re-spawning, coin, inventory and everything else would not in my mind completely break MIMDO if they were to be present inside it.

Blaarg is currently making animations, and it seams that MIMPUT does actually support different body types and costumes even if it isn't fully implimented.
Now, ignoring the whole 'merger' concept I don't understand why this exchange cannot work both ways.
That is, since Blarg is making animations for MIMPUT's system I don't understand why he couldn't use MIMPUT's improved code and simply redesign the levels to work on a hording system, with all the animations he's making for MIMPUT (plus any extras he wants) being crammed into a single set of eight simple levels with the 'pop-out' system disabled. And of course different dialog.

That way both of you would benefit from the exchange.
And if you ever get to a point where both of you are satisfied that the games are finished, you can package them together in an archive, with a central exe or html, and people can play either one.

? ? ?
Toyloli

Postby QuizmasterBos » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:33 pm

Toyloli Wrote:@ivan and Blarg (I would quote but this would make the post huge)

The problem as I see it is based on this (and I'm nutshelling here)
The whole premise of Mario is Missing Hacked is (as the name Hacked suggests) something to allow players to wonder around in a very simple environment, preferably using one hand, and seeing as many different sex scenes as possible with as many different costumes/body types as possible and hopefully as much jizzworthy (not sure about that term) content as possible.

The whole premise of Mario is Missing: Peach's Untold Story is that Ivan wants to actually create a Princess Peach style clone that just so happens to have a script like a poorly written erotic story, or a well written hentai.

Now, I will admit that (and this probably comes from the whole me being female) I think that MIMPUT has more range of re-playability than MIMDO, however I acknowledge at the same time that a large percentage of males will only be playing the game to see the sex-scenes and that too much gameplay will simply get in the way of this.
Coding aside (cause frankly, MIMPUT's coding seams to be more efficient in many ways, and much more dynamic) I fail to understand why this project has to only go one way. Issues like destructible blocks, the method of re-spawning, coin, inventory and everything else would not in my mind completely break MIMDO if they were to be present inside it.

Blaarg is currently making animations, and it seams that MIMPUT does actually support different body types and costumes even if it isn't fully implimented.
Now, ignoring the whole 'merger' concept I don't understand why this exchange cannot work both ways.
That is, since Blarg is making animations for MIMPUT's system I don't understand why he couldn't use MIMPUT's improved code and simply redesign the levels to work on a hording system, with all the animations he's making for MIMPUT (plus any extras he wants) being crammed into a single set of eight simple levels with the 'pop-out' system disabled. And of course different dialog.

That way both of you would benefit from the exchange.
And if you ever get to a point where both of you are satisfied that the games are finished, you can package them together in an archive, with a central exe or html, and people can play either one.

? ? ?

Well, I have been following this thread pretty much since the beginning and I have always noticed that whenever Ivan gives Blargh something new, Blargh feels bad. Which makes sense, considering that there is very little trading going on. Ivan gives Blargh more stuff, so it would be natural that you'd feel you are leaching off of a person.

Blargh's game is much smaller in terms of actual levels as the focus is different. Both however, use the same base as their game and that is where the confusion begins.
You are right that both games can be together, but a merge would be impossible. Archiving them together would be an idea, but I feel that would result in the games being underplayed. Like you said, men are likely to go for porn, instead of playability. Considering that almost all the scenes are identical, people would play Blargh's version and Ivan's and others' (me included) hard work would be thrown away. That would just be sad.

We could however, put Blargh's game in MiM PUT as a bonus of sorts. Unlocking the game as you go would be a feature, but that might result in Blargh feeling his game has been downgraded, which it shouldn't be. MiM PUT, however, is still the bigger game and should therefore be the main, even if Blargh's came first.

So, to summarize, putting Blargh's version in MiM PUT, unlocking more features of the game as you play MiM PUT, could presumably be a great way to let both games see the light of day. More can be discussed of course, but since the game is on hiatus, let's just keep focus on MiM PUT and leave this be for the time being.
QuizmasterBos

Postby Toyloli » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:25 pm

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Well, I have been following this thread pretty much since the beginning and I have always noticed that whenever Ivan gives Blargh something new, Blargh feels bad. Which makes sense, considering that there is very little trading going on. Ivan gives Blargh more stuff, so it would be natural that you'd feel you are leaching off of a person.

Blargh's game is much smaller in terms of actual levels as the focus is different. Both however, use the same base as their game and that is where the confusion begins.
You are right that both games can be together, but a merge would be impossible. Archiving them together would be an idea, but I feel that would result in the games being underplayed. Like you said, men are likely to go for porn, instead of playability. Considering that almost all the scenes are identical, people would play Blargh's version and Ivan's and others' (me included) hard work would be thrown away. That would just be sad.

We could however, put Blargh's game in MiM PUT as a bonus of sorts. Unlocking the game as you go would be a feature, but that might result in Blargh feeling his game has been downgraded, which it shouldn't be. MiM PUT, however, is still the bigger game and should therefore be the main, even if Blargh's came first.

So, to summarize, putting Blargh's version in MiM PUT, unlocking more features of the game as you play MiM PUT, could presumably be a great way to let both games see the light of day. More can be discussed of course, but since the game is on hiatus, let's just keep focus on MiM PUT and leave this be for the time being.

I follow your thinking completely, and I have no problem with it. I agree that MIMDO (MIMHAK?) is a much simpler concept in terms of gameplay.
Having said that, while this forum seams to have a lot of guys in here I would like to point out that MIMPUT has a massive female following. I myself know personally at least five other women who check in here now and then for updates for that game. Which is a matter of strangeness.

Even amongst us women, its a commonly commented on fact that MIMPUT gets it's replay value at the moment almost entirely on gameplay. The maps are interesting, the dialog acceptable and the game dynamics usable.
And this is I think the crux.

MIMDO is a game targeted at the majority of males who want to just see raw hentai. And I respect that.
But I also think that if Blarg is going to develop the game to be as such then he needs to accept the fact that his current audience does not care about the details! Most of them will be going straight for the gallery, and those who don't will probably pick an area with enemies that they favour and try to go straight there and wonder around just letting their chosen character get waped as much as possible.

If you accept these as fact, then there does not have to be a specific engine for such a thing. It depends on how simple he's going to take it. Such a concept will never be a 'Game' as such (and again this may be a female opinion) it will simple be a 'flash hentai animation'.
I can understand not wanting to get bogged down in code. But what he has so far could easily have been implemented in any other engine and other than having new sex scenes has not really made any improvements per say on the play shapes original concept.

Again I come to the same conclusion.
Blaarg specializes in making animations and or artwork. Ivan specializes in coding and level design. Regardless what format of mapping or enemy handling is used I think the two of you either need to accept that your projects are inexorably joined and the hip and treat them as one project... Or find a way together to make sure that the two games have completely different implementations so that a player could play either of them equally without getting bored.

( My suggestion again comes back to changing the MIMDO gameplay to act like a horde mode, with enemy after enemy simply pouring out of pipes towards you making it much harder to get through the game. especially since a primary principal of MIMDO is no being able to die or anything and just allowing yourself to be raped).
Toyloli

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner