The Sundered Land

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

The Sundered Land

Postby rebelseal » Sat May 23, 2015 3:39 am

Im trying again Enter The Sundered Land
the basic idea of the game will be to either repair the world or rule the sundered lands and when/if i get something other than gimp for digital art i will do CG not just text
Blog: http://unknownartsprojects.blogspot.com/?zx=4972686b90e8a43f
Last edited by rebelseal on Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
rebelseal

Location: im confused as to what my location please is i believe it is in the Pacific

Re: New game

Postby xeragoth » Mon May 25, 2015 12:40 pm

well it would be good to know what this game is gonna be about before choosing the name
xeragoth

Postby rebelseal » Fri May 29, 2015 4:17 am

honestly its mainly gonna be an rpg about reconnecting the lands more than anything else or conquering the world not sure which i kinda flip between wanting to do heroics and be an evil Dicktator
rebelseal

Location: im confused as to what my location please is i believe it is in the Pacific

Postby Car6on » Fri May 29, 2015 8:39 am

The Barren Islands?
The desolate kingdom?
Car6on

Postby OmegaScales » Fri May 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Well, you could have the protagonist travel across one of the (or each) land, using a morality system. Then, depending on the choices made, the rest of the game will revolve around either reconnecting them or conquering them1. It may be complicated to do that, but at least the first part could stay mostly the same if you wanted to change the plot.
I like the name The Shattered Lands; If you wanted to go only one way or the other, it could stay that, or be Conquering the Shattered Lands or Connecting the Shattered Lands. At least until you're sure what you want, I'd suggest referring to it as The Shattered Lands.

1I'd have maybe the first land under a monarchy where everyone hates the monarch, and the protagonist takes them down. Depending on choices, he either becomes the new monarch or they adopt a new form of government (constitutional monarchy perhaps). Then either conquer or connect.
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby rebelseal » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:09 am

omega i really like that idea
rebelseal

Postby Yamemai » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Hee, if you're looking for some plot, I can help you out, by giving you an idea. I remember having a dream(?) about something similar, two actually, but one of them was about the lands being connected, so I probably won't tell you about it.

Anyways, in the dream, each island (12 or 13) has an element -- the element affects the environment, what creatures live there, and the inhabitant's hair color, and maybe temperament (Ex. Red = Fire & is emotional, e.g getting angry easily, hot-blooded, etc).

The protagonist was summon by a tribe with near transparent hair -- pretty much depending on where they are, they can use the elements available there, and their hair color is the color of that element. Reason he was summon was because they're pretty much weaklings in an uber-leveled area -- something caused the monsters to become that high, or they kept losing warriors due to all the assaults or w/e, and now they're pretty much in isolation (one village with a barrier around it), and depending on you to help them; by gaining knowledge about the elements from each island, recruiting people, and delivering supplies, such as food, equipment, etc. How you do this is... I think it was teleporting? or was it you're invincible so you can just walk/ride/whatever to each land?

And that's about all I can really remember, or care to talk about. You can use bits of this exert if you want.

Ps. The other one was pretty much; Each area is represented by a race, and you're suppose to try and conquer the other areas, or something like that :P
Yamemai

Postby rebelseal » Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:18 am

honestly im setting up the maps before i do any story
rebelseal

Postby Smisenost » Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:13 am

You might want to be careful, there is a pen and paper game called Shattered Lands. It's an old Dark Sun game which was originally owned by TSR, which is now owned by Hasbro IIRC. So, not that I think it will happen, but, hasbro has been known to be very picky about "their" stuff.

**Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer and know jack and shit about copyright/intellectual property law. I'm just trying to help avoid any problems in the future.
Smisenost

Postby OmegaScales » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:14 pm

1. So long as there's no profit coming out of the game, it should be fine.
2. Slap The in front (the Dark Sun game is simply Shattered Lands) and it's something different. It may seem stupid, but it does work.
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby VintageBass » Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:28 pm

3. Simply swapping another word for another seems to also work as well, seeing that some games do that to avoid going to court, because some companies are really stingy when it comes to trademarks. Like switching Shattered for another 'broken' synonym or, go with what I'm thinking of, Shattered Earth or anything to replace Land.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby rebelseal » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:35 am

meh ill change it at some point thats just a working title for now
rebelseal

Re: The Sundered Land

Postby rebelseal » Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:42 am

Holy shit I've managed to make next to no progress on this game my job for RGIS keeps me way too busy to do anything. if I'm awake I'm at work if not I'm asleep
rebelseal

Postby joku » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:14 am

You work for RGIS? Then I expect lots of progress in November and December.
joku
Newly Registered

Postby rebelseal » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:35 am

ill have work and hopefully a new job by then sorry to disappoint I'm trying to get an IT job with a local sheriffs dept.
rebelseal

Postby AriasaYatomie » Thu Aug 20, 2015 3:02 am

so, uh, what is the current status of this? wondering when a working demo will be out~
AriasaYatomie

Postby rebelseal » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:38 am

i feel like an idiot... i forgot to put a link to my blog which has that information AriasaYatomie
rebelseal

Postby AriasaYatomie » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:18 am

It is fine~ just glad i reminded chu~
AriasaYatomie

Return to Creative Corner