[HTML] The Arcade (Twine)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: [HTML] The Arcade (Twine)

Postby Elerneron » Wed May 06, 2015 7:14 pm

I'm having too much trouble with the conflict engine. The problem is trying to incorporate dialog-based conflicts into the engine. I have decided to scrap the conflict system and move to a combat system and just manually deal with other types of conflicts. It will mean that the game will have less versatility than I had planned, but I'm just not skilled enough to design the conflict engine the way that I would like.

In other news I have a new writer (possibly two) on the team to help with content while I finish the combat engine. Hopefully this will mean more frequent releases for you folks. It might take a little while to get them up to speed though, so don't expect miracles.
Elerneron

Postby rebelseal » Thu May 07, 2015 6:16 am

A decent start for a game the character creator is very detailed and varying maybe a little too detailed
rebelseal

Location: im confused as to what my location please is i believe it is in the Pacific

Postby BinaryHedgehog » Thu May 07, 2015 6:06 pm

Question, are my passages available to the public?
Pervy, perv, perv!
BinaryHedgehog

Postby Elerneron » Thu May 07, 2015 7:28 pm

BinaryHedgehog Wrote:Question, are my passages available to the public?

Sorry, I hadn't realized that you had shared them yet. Checking the dropbox, I'm not seeing the passages. Please put them in your folder in the dropbox, and I'll be sure to get them in for the next release.
Elerneron

Postby BinaryHedgehog » Thu May 07, 2015 11:35 pm

Oh, yeah, sorry.
Pervy, perv, perv!
BinaryHedgehog

Postby Elerneron » Fri May 08, 2015 5:18 am

BinaryHedgehog Wrote:Oh, yeah, sorry.

Partly my fault, I took the link out and forgot to put it back in. All good now.
Elerneron

Postby Elerneron » Mon May 11, 2015 4:25 pm

Just a heads-up. I have recently finished conflict and quickConflict widgets, so conflicts outside of the combat engine are done. All that is left to be coded is the actual combat engine. After that it's pretty much going to be content, and the occasional coding tweak. The combat engine is still going to be a little complex as I have to write AI for the NPCs . . . but hopefully the coding is almost done.

My writers (BinaryHedgehog - from here, and DaBombX and Skylotus - from Futanari Palace) are doing well. Once I have the engine done I should be able to give them everything they need to learn the system and more easily write content for the game. I'll probably take a brief hiatus once the coding is done, and just edit for a while . . . and give direction when it's wanted (and maybe sometimes when it isn't).
Elerneron

Postby nexvinco » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:32 pm

Hi,

Any news on this? This thread seems pretty inactive, is this game posted anywhere else where the writers are more active - I'm curious if there is a discussion I am missing

Sorry if this seems like I'm asking for updates, it is not my intent :)
nexvinco
Newly Registered

Postby Zaiaku666 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:20 am

Read the post above you. He's on hiatus, which happens often...unfortunately not a good sign by his current track record...
Zaiaku666

Postby Wonderful Hawk » Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Zaiaku666 Wrote:Read the post above you. He's on hiatus, which happens often...unfortunately not a good sign by his current track record...

On a coding hiatus, focusing on editing for the two writers that signed on who aren't stated to be on any sort of hiatus. Don't doomsay just yet, please. Optimism still has room in this one.
Wonderful Hawk

Postby Elerneron » Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:49 pm

Yes, I haven't really had much time to work on the game recently, I'm afraid; and neither have the writers apparently, as they haven't submitted any new content for quite a while. The game is most definitely not dead yet. It is the most fully coded project I've done to date, with only one feature left uncoded. Unfortunately I have done a piss-poor job with the documentation, and haven't had the time to write it up to be more clear. I am assuming some of the difficulty with the writers' adding content is that my documentation doesn't make it clear how to write for the game properly.

Sorry for the delay.
Elerneron

Postby Zaiaku666 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:36 am

Wonderful Hawk Wrote:
Zaiaku666 Wrote:Read the post above you. He's on hiatus, which happens often...unfortunately not a good sign by his current track record...

On a coding hiatus, focusing on editing for the two writers that signed on who aren't stated to be on any sort of hiatus. Don't doomsay just yet, please. Optimism still has room in this one.

Sorry just a bit jaded from his current track record. The things I wanted to get up to in Taboo Valley.
Zaiaku666

Previous

Return to Creative Corner