Simple_tale (RPG Maker VX + RTP game)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Simple_tale (RPG Maker VX + RTP game)

Postby simple_tale » Mon May 04, 2015 9:42 pm

Dead2112man Wrote:Is it me, or does it seem like you can actual due more with the bulk timeline then the kingsmen timeline, sure I usally always choose the outcast in these kind of games but they are so uneven in playability for those that with to choose the kingsmen path
like compare the two times I have for completing every thing possible for each path,
Kingsmen 00:58:17
Bulk 03:27:49

Don't you worry, more is comming.
Currently I'm working on Cruv as big playgroung for any path :) You will even be able to play dice poker and make money this way, and I made it all by myself! Yey me ;)

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Game's nice, I mean how many games are there that offer (or plan to offer) two fleshed out story lines?
Loved the puzzle in the stables.
I found some of the texts a little jarring, however.
Do you have a file with the texts?
Oh, and I've seen in the files there's a scene with bars; is that the imprisoned elf, and I just don't know how to get there, or a later one? (probably the latter^^).

Thx. I made txt file at the beginning, but somewhere along the road I stopped. These dialogs are pure impovisation, that's why they are so bad :) For those of You, who are making games - txt file is huge timesaver.
You are able to get this prison scene in Torn. I'm not 100% sure, but You have to skip stableboy party and defend her at the street.
simple_tale
Newly Registered

Postby SquallLion » Tue May 05, 2015 3:26 am

very good
how to get an axe?
SquallLion

Postby UnLimiTeD » Wed May 06, 2015 7:33 pm

simple_tale Wrote:Thx. I made txt file at the beginning, but somewhere along the road I stopped. These dialogs are pure impovisation, that's why they are so bad :) For those of You, who are making games - txt file is huge timesaver.

Well, is there some way to export them?
I reckon I could help with that, if nothing else. What's the saying? One fly spoils the soup.
UnLimiTeD

Postby Grape_Drink » Thu May 07, 2015 5:03 am

Sounds neat, will definitely check it out.

I didn't know how to make efficient quest progress menu, so every new quests will show up as items (with description) in inventory, and can be dissmised by simply klicking on them.
There are few features other than exp that affect gameplay: honour/renown, charm, King and nonhuman's support (determines main plot) - all of them can drop below zero. You can check your current status in certain places, like your room in first town (you will earn it after you help bartender).

As a suggestion (at least, this is the way I do quest-handling for RPGMaker), this is how I handle quest-note sort of things:

If you make the quest activation a switch, and the quest completion a switch, you can set an item to activate a common event when used (comment events being in the resources menu with game title stuff, battlers, etc). Set the common event to a conditional where if "activation switch" is active, it'll tell you what needs to be done. If "completion switch" is active, it'll tell you that you completed said quest (or just not say anything at all about it).

If a quest has multiple parts (get the sword, deliver the sword, get the book, return the book kinda stuff), then you can use a variable to act as a value to determine how far into the quest you are, and then have it set up so that the conditional will also check your variable and give you proper advice to follow.

If you use this method, the only thing you need to keep on hand is a notepad file with notes about what variables activate what part of the quest so that you don't get confused if you have to come back to it later on down the line.
Grape_Drink

Postby simple_tale » Fri May 08, 2015 8:24 am

UnLimiTeD Wrote:Well, is there some way to export them?
I reckon I could help with that, if nothing else. What's the saying? One fly spoils the soup.

Not that I'm aware of. You'd have to play the game and re-write dialogs "as You go". What I'm really interested in is potential dialogs I could use to finish this game. Complex long conversations I'd fit whithout problem only to make this game more interesting. Give me scene, characters and we're golden. If You give me good examples, we might finish this game together.

Grape_Drink Wrote:If you make the quest activation a switch, and the quest completion a switch, you can set an item to activate a common event when used (comment events being in the resources menu with game title stuff, battlers, etc). Set the common event to a conditional where if "activation switch" is active, it'll tell you what needs to be done. If "completion switch" is active, it'll tell you that you completed said quest (or just not say anything at all about it). (...)

This is neat! Thx.
In quests with multiple parts I was using many "items" with the same name, that were replacing old ones with new discription. There's message that quest was updated.
I will definitely do as You suggested!
simple_tale
Newly Registered

Previous

Return to Creative Corner