Simple_tale (RPG Maker VX + RTP game)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Simple_tale (RPG Maker VX + RTP game)

Postby simple_tale » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:03 am

Work in Progress

I'm making this game for some time now, and I would really appreciate any comments, sugestions.
Is anyone out there who'd be interested to help me finish it?

First of all, Simple Tale is a fantasy rpg game. Very dirty one.
You find yourself in a fantasy kindom of Murcia divided by racial problems. The new King issued edict that all nonhumans should be banned from the Kingdom.
Will You support a King on your journey, or rather stick with outcasts?
Right now there's poor variety of classes. You start as warrior or ranger and can multiclass later to wizard or rouge.
You play as single character whole game, but some people might join you in crucial moments as allies.

Features:
I didn't know how to make efficient quest progress menu, so every new quests will show up as items (with description) in inventory, and can be dissmised by simply klicking on them.
There are few features other than exp that affect gameplay: honour/renown, charm, King and nonhuman's support (determines main plot) - all of them can drop below zero. You can check your current status in certain places, like your room in first town (you will earn it after you help bartender).

Locations in Torn:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

fields
pond
cemetery ---> forest through hidden path ----> crypt

Locations in Bulks Camp:

3 x house
!secret
tree top:
---> house 1
---> house 2 (you can find secret here - before you ever go upstairs) ------> second floor
---> house 3 ------> two rooms
---> house 4 ----> balcony

Locations in Cruv:

fields ---> path:
----> cemetery
----> !secret

Unfinished quests:
Memory Remains.
Elves are here.
The flower.
Old map.

First chapter is half way done. The nonhumans path is almost finished.
Hope you will have fun playing this game, and I'm waiting for your feedback.

MEGA link: https://mega.co.nz/#!rt1XRAaC!r5VggGnv7 ... M2Nf1CHsaI
RPGMaker VX RTP (necessary to play): http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package#vx
Last edited by simple_tale on Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simple_tale
Newly Registered

Re: Simple_tale (RPG Maker VX + RTP game)

Postby xeragoth » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:08 pm

so i need to know, how you get a lockpick, is there anything else you can do to help the elf beside she trusting you or lying to her she gets executed after some time but the quest elf in distress doesnt say what to do and can i use the rope for something?
xeragoth

Postby simple_tale » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Lockpicks:

You will find lockpick on a corpse in forest, behind cementery. Gravedigger will tell you all about it. Better save when you enter this location... you will need rope there for example.
You can buy lockpicks in certain shady individuals ;)

Elf in distress quest:
I really have to make this one much simpler... my bad.

When you don't drink with stable boy, you can meet Lorien himself and pick some Bulks points. You can start this quest this way too. If you do drink - begger will tell you what has happend.
After chat with elf in prison, you have to enter different location three times(the message will pop: "you get the feeling, you're beeing watched".
!You must be wearing token, that elf gave you!
1)After that, Lorien will visit you in your room, then you're taking nap.
2)or he can be found in forest behing cemetery (in crypt)

Did you like Anna?

Just as game starts, don't dress up, and talk to anna two or three times.
When you leave room, don't go all the way down stairs and return to your room, to see what she's been up to ;)
Last edited by simple_tale on Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simple_tale
Newly Registered

Postby simple_tale » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:45 pm

Oh crap... did you know, all the non paved roads "leading off map", are different locations?

Lucian's bar:

Tip bartender two times: on two highest requests. You will make some shady friend there, and start whole new side quest that might impact game.

I spent all money on hookers:

Check well on a pond location. There is a fisherman there, who might halp you out.
Search bucket in toilet in Luciano's bar... ...if you are despered or don't care to get dirty.
simple_tale
Newly Registered

Postby druidguy12 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:51 pm

I'm really liking this game but i cant seem to figure out what to do at the crypt. i got all the gargoyles' eyes to glow and got the urn with the ashes in them but that's all Ive been able to do, can anyone give me a hint?
druidguy12
Newly Registered

Postby OmegaScales » Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:44 pm

Took me a while to figure it out as well.

Place ashes around the spot that makes [Adam] feel weak, step off to the side/top/bottom, say you're there to steal (saying you're not just loops), step onto the circle and break it.
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby Liquidacid23 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:04 am

OmegaScales Wrote:Took me a while to figure it out as well.

Place ashes around the spot that makes [Adam] feel weak, step off to the side/top/bottom, say you're there to steal (saying you're not just loops), step onto the circle and break it.

I did that and it's not doing anything for me... what do you mean by "step off".. like just step outside the ashes?
Liquidacid23
Newly Registered

Postby OmegaScales » Sat Jan 31, 2015 6:37 am

Yes.

It becomes a summoning circle. Answer the demon's questions as: answer, exploring, yes! then walk onto the circle and press enter.
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Postby Liquidacid23 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:02 am

OmegaScales Wrote:Yes.

It becomes a summoning circle. Answer the demon's questions as: answer, exploring, yes! then walk onto the circle and press enter.

I place the ashes in a circle around that spot and then nothing happens, I tried stepping out in the order you said and still nothing happens, no demon appears or anything
Liquidacid23
Newly Registered

Postby OmegaScales » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:11 am

There are 8 spots around it that the ashes go on.
OmegaScales

Postby Liquidacid23 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 7:47 am

OmegaScales Wrote:

There are 8 spots around it that the ashes go on.

I got em all.. makes a square really not a circle but as I said nothing happens afterward
Liquidacid23
Newly Registered

Postby simple_tale » Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:53 pm

It was a bug. Fixed it, and thx.
Issue here: when you're running from bats into circle (the center tile) it fucks up whole event... sorry, you have to make it all over again.
simple_tale
Newly Registered

Postby Liquidacid23 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:50 pm

simple_tale Wrote:It was a bug. Fixed it, and thx.
Issue here: when you're running from bats into circle (the center tile) it fucks up whole event... sorry, you have to make it all over again.

ah yeah it took a while for combat with the bats to trigger for me, I basically had to walk half way through the room with them on top of me before it started... no worries tho I have a save from before I walked down stairs because I knew there was a puzzle there so I'll just do it again
Liquidacid23
Newly Registered

Postby omnibomb » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:48 pm

The typos and poor grammar make it hard to play. I like the premise, but I am curious why you went with Bulks as a racial insult. Elves...aren't exactly bulky.
omnibomb

Postby simple_tale » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:37 am

omnibomb Wrote:The typos and poor grammar make it hard to play. I like the premise, but I am curious why you went with Bulks as a racial insult. Elves...aren't exactly bulky.

I know I'm not much of a writer... especially in english.
Im glad someone noticed the 'bulks' name case. You probably know the answer: If government say they are bulky, you better fear them simple farmer. We all know how it works ;)

I'm planning to finish this chapter by the end of this year. Can't say when exactly.
If someone is interested in helping me, I'd really appreciate finished dialogues I could use, meaby some simple quest ideas with whole dialogues covering it. I can handle scripts.
Writing conversations could be very time consuming, and if You like this game or catch my drift; We can easily do it together!
simple_tale
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Ok, I have been playing this for hours now again and this is the most progress I have ever made with either of the two story lines but I can't find Pied Peter and how do I finish Sword from the past quest
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Shimaraito » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:27 pm

So, is this dead then?
Shimaraito
Newly Registered

Postby simple_tale » Thu Apr 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi, it's not dead. I made some progress, but I will finish it all and not post updates.

You can't find Pied Peter in current version - sorry i didn't mention it. He's there, but this quest will be combined with other plot.
You can ask blacksmith in Cruv to upgrade Sword, but nothing more ...yet.
simple_tale
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:58 am

Is it me, or does it seem like you can actual due more with the bulk timeline then the kingsmen timeline, sure I usally always choose the outcast in these kind of games but they are so uneven in playability for those that with to choose the kingsmen path
like compare the two times I have for completing every thing possible for each path,
Kingsmen 00:58:17
Bulk 03:27:49
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby UnLimiTeD » Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:57 am

Game's nice, I mean how many games are there that offer (or plan to offer) two fleshed out story lines?
Loved the puzzle in the stables.
I found some of the texts a little jarring, however.
Do you have a file with the texts?
Oh, and I've seen in the files there's a scene with bars; is that the imprisoned elf, and I just don't know how to get there, or a later one? (probably the latter^^).
UnLimiTeD

Next

Return to Creative Corner