Levondar: A Harsh New World

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Levondar: A Harsh New World

Postby GuildmasterDarnen » Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:19 am

Hey all, I am Guildmaster Darnen and I am developing an Adult themed RPG and would appreciate some feedback, all the information is on my website [url]Levondar.Blogspot.com[/url] you can also get the latest version of the game there as well and post any bugs/typos in the report a bug page.

A basic run down of the game is a fantasy RPG with Monster hunting/training. You will be able to play as multiple races and character classes as well as with numerous origin stories and abilities once I implement them. You will be able to Capture and enslave numerous monsters and denizens across the island of Levondar and neighboring lands. And in a very late update be able to create your own army of loyal servants to cause chaos and havoc or unite the island under your own banner. Right now it is only text based but future plans I want to add images and animations to the combat and event scenes. As of now it is only Version .01, I will try and update every month or so.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments and feedback :D

Here is the download link for the latest version of the game https://mega.co.nz/#!W8tQSA6T!a1LPmpNUtG7I1K3K4Kc5_9PL7vbFauN2CgnAd83zwB8

Try to post bug reports on my blog please, it makes it easier to keep track of and report them fixed. Thanks.
Last edited by GuildmasterDarnen on Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
GuildmasterDarnen
Newly Registered

Re: Levondar: A Harsh New World

Postby Taria » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:04 am

what would you say are the DnD inspirations of this game? Right now it just seems like a pretty broad story driven RPG from what I've read about it.
Senior RP moderator
Taria

Postby MimicMe » Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:13 am

Hi
I'm rather new here; In fact, this is my first post, however, I was wondering if you would be interested in having some help with this project. It sounds quite interesting to me actually, and I have a small amount of coding and writing behind me.

Do you have any idea what code/program you might be using?
MimicMe
Newly Registered

Postby GuildmasterDarnen » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:47 am

Taria Wrote:what would you say are the DnD inspirations of this game? Right now it just seems like a pretty broad story driven RPG from what I've read about it.

Hi, sorry for the late response, to say it has DnD aspects at this point in the game would be a little premature but in the future I plan in implementing mini quests and dungeons that follow the DnD layout.( guess I could have just said basic rpg, so I might just reword my intro a little, thanks for bringing that to point. This is why I tossed it out there, to get feedback)
Last edited by GuildmasterDarnen on Thu Oct 09, 2014 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
GuildmasterDarnen
Newly Registered

Postby GuildmasterDarnen » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:50 am

MimicMe Wrote:Hi
I'm rather new here; In fact, this is my first post, however, I was wondering if you would be interested in having some help with this project. It sounds quite interesting to me actually, and I have a small amount of coding and writing behind me.

Do you have any idea what code/program you might be using?

At the moment the game is pretty raw, I use Unity/Playmaker for programming (because my coding isn't all that great). Later on I will be looking for content writers for dialogue and character development. Once I decide to do that I will add it to my website, in the mean time you can contact me on there via the contact widget. OR email me at Blackvortexadultgames at gmail.
GuildmasterDarnen
Newly Registered

Postby Ayeka » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:29 am

Put link to download game and we send you our opinion. Fo now it is too vague. Anyway good luck !
Ayeka

Postby Vid » Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:00 pm

Hey, just wanted to say that what you have so far is pretty cool. I like the writing and I always like the more RPG style games with stats. It's early and you're missing stuff of course but nice work so far!

One problem I had was I was on the road at night, and I think I hit explore area... I don't remember but I had the option for "camp" and I didn't hit that but what I did hit went to a blank screen with no buttons so I had to restart, but no big deal for a small game like this. Anyways, cheers.

Edit: Another thing, when you get to that outpost past the second town, once you go in, I don't think you can get back out onto the road, there's not button to leave.
Vid

Postby GuildmasterDarnen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:26 pm

Vid Wrote:Hey, just wanted to say that what you have so far is pretty cool. I like the writing and I always like the more RPG style games with stats. It's early and you're missing stuff of course but nice work so far!

One problem I had was I was on the road at night, and I think I hit explore area... I don't remember but I had the option for "camp" and I didn't hit that but what I did hit went to a blank screen with no buttons so I had to restart, but no big deal for a small game like this. Anyways, cheers.

Edit: Another thing, when you get to that outpost past the second town, once you go in, I don't think you can get back out onto the road, there's not button to leave.

Hmm thanks I will test it out and see if I can duplicate the problem I might have it linked to a state that doesn't exist yet. If you can repost this bug into my report a bug section on my blog so I can keep track of it and then report it being fixed. Thanks.
GuildmasterDarnen
Newly Registered

Postby GuildmasterDarnen » Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:23 pm

Ayeka Wrote:Put link to download game and we send you our opinion. Fo now it is too vague. Anyway good luck !

A link in the topic start as you requested :)
GuildmasterDarnen
Newly Registered

Postby GuildmasterDarnen » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:23 am

Hey guys version .02.5 is uploaded for free on my website [url]Levondar.blogspot.com[/url] and an I will upload version .03 for Patreons on the 30th
GuildmasterDarnen
Newly Registered

Postby rpgfan650 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:30 am

GuildmasterDarnen Wrote:Hey guys version .02.5 is uploaded for free on my website [url]Levondar.blogspot.com[/url] and an I will upload version .03 for Patreons on the 30th

Found bug: From central square, going east, there is no way to return to central square, Have to close game.
Also. One of the Outpost warehouse rooms have same problem. First time exploring the outpost.
rpgfan650

Postby UnLimiTeD » Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:06 am

Just tried out 2.6 now.
It sure has a few kinks to work out, but I like the premise.
I haven't found a way to look at stats that supposedly change regularly, though.

Things I noticed:
Sleeping in the Inn seems to set health to 0 and doesn't recover fatigue either.
Choices till then:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Orphan, Seduce captain, facefuck, milling about the city a bit, inn.

Afterwards, in the woods, a bandit would constantly hit me for 0 damage.

New try after getting stuck in the bought outpost, I tried again, this time, bandit did regular damage, but my girl missed 6 of 7 strikes. (or was it 5 of 6?)
Not too big a problem, however, as resting recovers a potentially infinite amount of HP. Not sure if negative fatigue breaks things.
Choices till then:

Soldier, Pay, directly out the woods, rest, flee the first bandit after never hitting, recovering more, next fight ~50% hitrate and very good damage.

Further things noticed/suggested:

-Deciding he shouldn't be left on the roads to pray on ... <should be prey, I think>
-If you rest, then go into combat, the last thing you did (rest) stays on the left side; Maybe a log could shot what's happening in the combat instead, with a scroll bar or something?
- The Window is always in Front, that is, unless you minimize it.
- Exploring the area causes fatigue before you actually have a chance to find anything.
Maybe have an option to resolve combat faster? A log could help with that, taking pressure of the reader, or instead allow the player to set his/her own pace with an extra confirmation button.
In addition to the above, laying open the combat calculations in a sort of "debug output" could help with those situations that just feel wrong.

I'll sure be looking forward to any progress. :)

EDIT:
2.7 appears to have fixed the issue with the outpost, but now inside the building there is a door that still leads to no-button land. The same seems to be the case with the small enclosed room in the warehouse.
UnLimiTeD

Postby druidguy12 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:58 pm

for some reason i am unable to play this game, it tells me it is not compatible with the version of Windows i'm running, is there a reason for this? or is my computer just really crappy?
druidguy12
Newly Registered

Postby merlin169 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:13 pm

just played your game got to the outpost went into the house and clicked check door and got stuck with no options. Also in the I went east to the second town and then the description said it was east to the town I just left
merlin169

Postby rakgi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:37 am

The game is still early but it's really starting to come into its own, and the direction it's heading seems to be pretty fun. I can't wait to try out the dungeons and quests that will be added later!
rakgi

Postby GuildmasterDarnen » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:10 am

Hey, I have worked out a ton of bugs and just released the latest version of the game on my blog site, here is the link to the download file http://1drv.ms/1CjWKnu

Since the last time I posted on here I have created a new Orc Slave Dungeon as well as some other dialogue. The game is coming along nicely, please feel free to give me your feedback.
GuildmasterDarnen
Newly Registered

Return to Creative Corner