Midnight Lust

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Midnight Lust

Postby BCM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:27 pm

Hey everyone. I think I have been lurking on here long enough and not giving anything back :roll: Here's a game I'm working on, let me know what you think :)

Midnight Lust (HTML/Javascript)
Controls
Right - Right
Z - Take Bra Off/On

P.S. It seems like it is extremely laggy due to 35 FPS (Yes, very stupid of me -_-) I'll fix lag soon.
Please try game on as many browsers to check for best performance. Believe it or not (I still can't) IE works best for me.
Last edited by BCM on Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BCM

Re: Midnight Lust (HTML/JavaScript)

Postby BCM » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:47 pm

Oh and, it seems the game starts before the images are fully loaded. You may experience some breakups initially, but it will pass.
BCM

Re: Midnight Lust (Game Link Inside)

Postby WonderGamer » Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:26 pm

Okay, I'm done... Either the difficulty is just too damn high or this version is not designed to where you can actually win the first fight... >.<

I will say I like the graphics, but with the difficulty that high, I don't really see any point in continuing until there's been an update to it...
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby BCM » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:38 pm

Hey WonderGamer, thanks for the feedback. Unfortunately I haven't come around to the actual "game part" of it, more focused on the hard part, graphics from scratch. I believe the difficulty is impossible, unless you press Z before engaging and winning over before Lust meter goes down. After winning however, another orc will spawn, so far have only 1 unit.
As for performance, would you share how it was? Which browser worked best for you? Thanks again!
BCM

Postby BlueVixen » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:19 pm

I'd say it has some great potential, just needs some more work on it!

But I see a few problems with it. It seems you really can not get passed Shrek and his close. Before the scene takes place, Blue Devil Lady's orgasm meter is already moving up and going off a hunch, I'm guessing that is her health? And if it gets full then the game is over? This gives Shrek a huge advantage over dominating The Blue Devil Lady....Shrek is love, Shrek is life.

Is there something I'm missing? I seem not to be able to do anything other then walk forward nd flash the blue balloons, does she have a moveset for fighting? Or for enticing?

The game runs alright on Chrome, though the clipping issues are a bit of a bother. And it seems to be okay in Firefox, though for me it had a bit more lag than on Chrome.

I do not really know much about creating games or updating them, but I recommend you tackle performance updates first before you worry about the graphics, they look good for right now and are a lot better than the performance. The player can not enjoy the better graphics of the game if it is unplayable!
BlueVixen

Postby BCM » Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Thank you for the feedback BlueVixen.
For now, only thing you can do is flash blue balloons and walk forward. Having your blue balloons out gives you an advantage due to orgasm meter filling twice as slow.
During the heavy battle you will notice 4 graphic icons pop up top left corner in random: Up, Down, Left, Right, X, Z. You must press those keys in order quickly to fight shrek.
I'm thinking about adding a power to the X button, such as a blowing kiss or something, but before anything I will try to fix up performance.
As for the cutting out, it's because the game hasn't loaded fully even while you play, it should revert to normal once fully loaded - I will add an initial Loading screen to fix this.

And thank you guys for the compliment on my art, I have never drawn anything before let alone used Flash until now. It feels good that I didn't make it too bad :D
BCM

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:40 pm

I love sex combat, but your current system makes the player-controlled portion useless. You can enter a four key sequence to lower your orgasm meter, but in doing so it increases the enemy's health. From what I can see, this doesn't seem to result in a net benefit for the player, thereby making the sequence useless. If you removed enemy health or at least left it the same, then it would improve the mechanic considerably.
Zeus Kabob

Postby BCM » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:18 pm

The "Enemy" meter is the enemy's Orgasm meter, not health.
BCM

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:23 pm

Ah, gotcha. I'd recommend checking out DirtyC101's project, as I think his system works fairly well for sex combat.
Zeus Kabob

Postby rpgfan650 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:45 pm

This is one of those game I don't like to play, because my survival rate is less than a minute. My only feedback would be to provide better information in your first post.

Edit: Those game refers to arrow punching, side scrolling, and excessive jumping.
rpgfan650

Postby WonderGamer » Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:24 pm

BCM Wrote:As for performance, would you share how it was? Which browser worked best for you? Thanks again!

Well, as far as performance, I can't see any lag in it (then again I'm too busy trying to get the keys in, which seems impossible to win, so I gave up). Already said I like the graphics, I think sounds could have been better, but they weren't bad for an early beta. Then there's the difficulty issue...I'm going to try not to start up with that again... :x

In regards to Zeus's comment, I was thinking of that same game while I was playing this. Your game has some advantages over it; graphics are slightly better, your game seems a bit quicker & without latency & your game has sound where his does not. However the difficulty in this game is the kicker, which makes the one Zeus is talking about 10 times better than yours because it's actually playable. Then there's the additional components such as armor, weapons & other inventory which raises the game much higher than 10 times, so I'm with Zeus on this one & you might want to consider looking at his game to get some ideas; I can grab you a link if needed. I realize this is an early beta, but regardless, I'm going to hope there's improvement on the difficulty in the future otherwise I can't see myself playing it again.

WonderGamer

Postby BCM » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:10 pm

The LoK citizens have spoken! Game has been made much easier! Has a few bugs here and there because I kind of rushed adding the new content. Added a zombie with 2 scenes, added slime with 1 scene.
BCM

Postby BCM » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:15 pm

@Zeus Kabob I knew I got the sex combat idea from somewhere -_- it was from there! He did do a far better job, I will look into trying to do something similar. I just learned how to use flash and how to draw so the clothes tearing and such is pretty out of my league for now.
BCM

Postby BCM » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:26 pm

@WonderGamer I've been thinking about adding armor/clothing/customizable content, but with html/javascript its much more difficult. Not as much difficult as time consuming. As for the latency, that's exactly why I chose html/javascript :).
Again guys, I'm a noob artist, please give me a break :P Unless someone would prefer doing that art for me :lol:
BCM

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:24 am

If you're having trouble figuring things out with Canvas, I'd suggest posting a thread in the Tutorials section. There are a few people here experienced with developing in that framework, and I bet they'd help you out if you asked.
Zeus Kabob

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:24 am

BCM Wrote:Again guys, I'm a noob artist, please give me a break :P

I did say your art was a little better than that in the game that gave you your inspiration, so I'm not trying to be over-critical here. The only thing that gave me issues was the difficulty; now that there's been an update, I'll give it another shot when I have some extra time.

WonderGamer

Postby BCM » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:45 pm

@Zeus Kabob Thanks for the suggestion, although I'm not having trouble with canvas, just with flash. I have to convert motion tweens to png's which makes adding customization very time consuming.

@WonderGamer Thanks, let me know how it goes! :)
BCM

Postby WonderGamer » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:19 pm

Well the last time I tried, the graphics were cutting out, so figured I'd wait & while & try again when the connection wasn't so bad. The odd thing was that I didn't run into this the first time... :|

WonderGamer

Postby BCM » Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:28 pm

Sorry about that. Unfortunately it's because the game starts even though game hasn't fully loaded yet. I will fix it when I have time, but in the mean time if you would wait until the loading finishes before pressing Start (the rotating circle on the tab) it shouldn't cut out. More stuff = more data to be loaded = longer load time.
BCM

Re: Midnight Lust

Postby BinaryHedgehog » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Did you take down the link?
Pervy, perv, perv!
BinaryHedgehog

Next

Return to Creative Corner