Programmer Looking for Artist

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Programmer Looking for Artist

Postby CooverJes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 am

Hello, my names Jessica. Been lurking around here for a while and decided to get into game making.
As much as I tried learning art, I just fail at it :cry: .
I do not use actionscript, instead, I am experienced in HTML5/Javascript, which I think makes games run smoother.

Anywho, what I am looking for is those "old fashion" type artwork/animation. Pictures put in an array of loop, instead of motion tweening. However, I noticed motion tweening works to => publish pictures frame by frame. Here is something I put together in a few minutes to give you an idea. It's sloppy but thats what happens when there's no art :lol: . The art is used just for demonstration of my programming. I do not own any of the artwork. The girl was a sprite used in the game VitaminQuest which I chopped up into individual pictures and looped them.

Sprite.html is a good demonstration on the type of art I need. Hold down "D" to loop.

For background.html, pretend there is someone standing there. Use the "A" and "D" keys to move Left/Right.

If you are interested or have any questions let me know! For a faster contact, I also have skype.

Feel free to post your own artwork demonstrations! :)
If you are able to draw up girls like in the Monster Girl Encyclopedia, that is a major plus!

https://mega.co.nz/#F!vpFQGCQB!aRdlOrcZvsQFTLKdCTGh0A

[MOD EDIT] removed Skype info because of ambiguity
Last edited by CooverJes on Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
CooverJes
Newly Registered

Re: Programmer Looking for Artist

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:21 am

It's unfortunate, but we don't currently support HTML5 games.

I've moved this thread to "Non-Flash Projects" until we can get your HTML5 game working in-browser.
Zeus Kabob

Postby BlueLight » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:01 am

CooverJes, i'm sorry for the annoyance i'm about to be but i believe VitaminQuest has a lead character which is a loli; or i'm getting my hentai messed up. To be more exact i believe the main character is about the age of 8 or 10 maybe 13. This site doesn't allow content with either physically or mentally under aged character in sexual situation. You haven't broken any rules since you'd have to share the content of the game publicly on the site (I guess if you shared in a PM that would still break the rule) and it would have to contain sexual sprites of the character(Which i don't know if it does or does not contain).
Just want you to be informed on this topic before you upload something you can't.

Now for something more cheerful. I believe what you are looking for is something like this?
http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/ ... 6hqr3c.png
This is called a sprite sheet with each image being a sprite. I think if you use those terms, it will but self explanatory what you want.

Also i'd suggest you get a cloud service so you can upload links to your games. The 3 i have(Strangely) are DropBox, Mega, and OneDrive(Never Used it). I consider DropBox to be the best since it has all the features of the others cloud services but allow you to preview some stuff on their website. For instances documents you make in Office can be view on the site and even HTM extension; but i think this is a feature for the file owner. I don't know if it supports HTML5 but they might add support later if not.
On any of these services you can easily set up a folder containing all your builds, and share that with everyone.
If you don't want a cloud service but do want to create a repository for your files so people can download; then mediafire is my suggestion.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Void Director » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:31 am

You can host a HTML5 game on dropbox via http://www.dropboxwiki.com/tips-and-tri ... th-dropbox or on google driva via https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2881970?hl=en

If you follow those instructions either one of those services can serve html/css/js files as webpages instead of as files to download so users get a more weblike experience. They are not the fastest webhosts though and will cut you off if you use too much bandwidth.
Void Director

Postby CooverJes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:32 am

Thanks for the quick replies guys! I will check these out and look for the most proper/efficient file sharing method.

@Zeus Kabob Thanks for your PM, sorry I can't reply back says I'm too new to do so :( Thank you for being inspirational :) And I wasn't sure where to post this so thanks for moving it to the proper directory!

@BlueLight No annoyance at all, glad to see a properly moderated forum. I highly doubt the main char is loli based on her double D breasts haha. As for mentally underaged, I believe those are called bimbos o.O
And yes, sprite sheets, although much more graphical such as in the primary LoK Krystal.

@Void Director Thank you! I will check it out :)
CooverJes
Newly Registered

Postby CooverJes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:33 am

Oh and I updated my profile pic to the one I have here on skype, in case you can't find me.
CooverJes
Newly Registered

Postby BlueLight » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:02 pm

I must be getting my hentai mixed up then but what i meant with mentally underaged is a character that has lived say 10 years but as a body of a 20 year old. The argument is that the character is an adult physically thus alright to do whatever with.

As for the graphics, i'm not sure what your getting at exactly. is it that you want something with the same style of art as LOK art but is in a sprite sheet?
I guess it's simple enough to do that. All you have to do is do a frame by frame edit of the character, export as something like PNG and then put all the sprites on one page.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Return to Creative Corner