Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game

Postby Anon_42 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:15 am

Anonymous94 Wrote:
Anon_42 Wrote:
Anonymous94 Wrote::( No enemies to fight? And what is the fire thing at the entrance of the cave (that's impossible to get)

I don't know what 'fire' thing you're talking about, there's no fire anywhere.. Assuming you're talking about the gun pickup, you CAN get it, you just have to find your way to it. Nothing is 'unobtainable'.

There's one spot in the prototype that spawns enemies, but there's not any real combat scenarios yet. After you reach the end of it and get the health pickup, that version gives you a bunch of debug commands, one of which lets you spawn the blue enemy in so you can fight him if you want. Still, combat is nowhere near complete in this version. I was focusing on other things for that update, combat takes a lot of time to plan out and design.

There isn't a way (unless I can break the thin layer of dirt that seperates me from where a hole leads if I go up, walk to the left and than go down until that point)

Hold down and press jump. You can jump through thin platforms like that, it's a pretty common element in platformers.
Anon_42

Postby Anon_42 » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:53 am

Evening, everybody! Long time no talk, but for those of you who are worried, no need to be - I've been working steadily, and it's time for another public Crisis Point update! I had planned on releasing this on the 25th, and it's still technically a few hours until the 25th where I am.. butt fuck it. Updates for everyone!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/imsc0mzs1vhe0kz/Crisis%20Point%20-%20v.03.zip?dl=0

Now that the control scheme has changed quite a bit, I'll go ahead and list the controls for you all again:

WSAD - Movement, aiming. Rapidly tap to struggle when KO'd/being raped.
K - Jump. Double jump in midair, jump through thin platforms when holding Down (S).
J - Shoot.
L - Diagonal aim button. Forces Alicia to aim diagonally when held, maintains last direction held.
F4 - Switch between fullscreen/windowed.
R - Restart game.
Escape - Quit game.

Unfortunately, my background artist recently left the project, so the art hasn't changed all that much. However, I hope you all enjoy v.03 regardless! I'll leave you with the goals list for this update, as an overview of the major changes that have been made.

UPDATE V.03 CHANGES
-Update shooting animations, poses; add shooting straight down in midair
-Design, animate and prep enemies for combat (slimes)
-Finish planning out progression from start to finish (upgrades + world traversal roadmap)
-Rework controls into WSAD, prepare for customizable controls
-More sex animations (slime)
-Implement health-restoration items
-Draw Alicia's base portrait for conversations
-Create more content (areas)

-A42

(One last note - the background music playing is temporary. It's called 'Babylon,' and is composed by Kevin MacLeod. You can find it at http://incompetech.com/. I'm just using it to give you an idea of what the music style I'm going for is, until I can compose my own or hire a musician.)
Anon_42

Postby kvier » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:43 am

Four thoughts:
1- I'm finding JKL keys kinda difficult to use. Not sure why, but...
2- The little eensy weensy energy=HP drops you can sometimes get are small enough and the animation is subtle enough that I have difficulty finding them
3- The slimes are somewhat difficult to shoot down before they grapple Alicia
4- I love watching her breasts sway
kvier

Postby Anon_42 » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:59 am

kvier Wrote:Four thoughts:
1- I'm finding JKL keys kinda difficult to use. Not sure why, but...
2- The little eensy weensy energy=HP drops you can sometimes get are small enough and the animation is subtle enough that I have difficulty finding them
3- The slimes are somewhat difficult to shoot down before they grapple Alicia
4- I love watching her breasts sway

1- There will be customizable keys, so no worries! JKL is very comfortable for me, but not everybody likes it, so I'll be adding the option to customize your controls in one of the next few updates.
2- I'll brainstorm some ideas to make them a little more visible, thanks for the feedback!
3- That's somewhat intentional, and it's largely because of how limited her arsenal is at the beginning. Slimes are what I've classified as a 'nuisance' enemy. They don't hit hard, but they move around a lot and are tougher to hit because of their small hitboxes. Rest assured that they get much easier to take down with the upgrades I have planned - however, for the next version I have already lowered their HP (they take one less bullet to kill), and they're a bit easier to dodge because of Alicia's new Sliding ability.
4- Glad you're as hypnotized by them as I am ;D
Anon_42

Postby Anon_42 » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:21 pm

A new month has begun, and that means a new Patreon update - which means last month's development updates will be making their way to the public. Let's begin with an update that was very exciting for me, personally.

http://gyazo.com/751e847bea80b07ffbe65670396c4a87
(Make sure you view it as an mp4 for smoother quality)

This is a link showing off the special effect I pulled off for Alicia's new upgrade, the Force Shot. Upon firing, the Force Shot zooms forward for a short distance before 'exploding.' Rather than a traditional gunpowder-fueled explosion, however, the Force Shot is a heavily-condensed ball of kinetic energy - for simplicity's sake, referred to as 'force'. The intense amount of energy being released is what causes the distortion effect seen above. This blast of force deals heavy damage to enemies caught in it, and is powerful enough to knock down weakened walls and floors. It comes with limited ammunition - which can be upgraded by finding upgrade capsules scattered around the environment.

Also, quick question - I noticed that this thread gets a lot of views, but barely any comments compared to other threads with similar view counts. Am I not updating often enough? Or are the majority of you just lurking?
Anon_42

Postby napala » Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:45 pm

It's mainly for lazyness for replying, at least for me.

But do know that you are doing an amazing job; this is not one of these poorly done projects that only get one update per year. This has the potential to become an awesome game! Keep that good work up!
napala

Postby Anon_42 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:43 pm

Apalapan Wrote:It's mainly for lazyness for replying, at least for me.

But do know that you are doing an amazing job; this is not one of these poorly done projects that only get one update per year. This has the potential to become an awesome game! Keep that good work up!

Thanks, man. Super late response from me, I know, I've just been busy. I really do appreciate the kind words, they mean a lot.

In other news, it's time for the public v.04 update! Unfortunately I'm exhausted as all hell and currently running on fumes, so the actual post from me will be brief and also copy-pasted between the different forums I update on. Sorry for the temporary laziness, pls to be forgiving <3

You can download the v.04 update here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgo0dxz1ipmgx ... 4.zip?dl=0
And here's a list of all the major things I accomplished in v.04.

UPDATE V.04 DETAILS
-Add in Force Shot upgrade
-Add sliding
-Update crouching animation
-New HUD
-Design, animate, and prep enemies for combat (tentacles)
-Add in lighting system
-Improve camera
-Fix the visual glitches zoom-in is causing
-More sex animations (tentacles, slime duo)
-Create more content (areas), begin re-tiling areas

Some of you may notice that last one, "begin re-tiling areas". That is because, in light of Dace leaving the project, I began working with another artist last month, an extremely talented fellow named Orexius. He did a fucking fantastic job of plowing through the necessary tiles and getting them ready for the v.04 update, but there unfortunately wasn't enough time for me to re-tile every room, as he joined in the last week or so before the update. Because of that, some rooms will be the older tiles that Dace made - but hopefully you'll agree with me that the newly tiled rooms look fantastic, and fit the style of Crisis Point better than ever.

Once you've finished enjoying the v.04 update, here's a list of the things you can look forward to when v.05 comes out:

UPDATE v.05 GOALS
-Add in melee attack
-Add in a non-knockdown "taking damage" animation
-Design, animate, and prep enemies for combat (Warped Soldier)
-More sex animations (Warped Soldier)
-Begin designing first boss (won't be accessible ingame yet)
-Re-code collision engine
-Implement customizable controls
-Finish HUD
-Create more content (areas), finish re-tiling areas, introduce new environment

If any of that sounds enticing, now's the time to pop over to the Patreon campaign (http://www.patreon.com/Anon42) and join up - only Patrons who have joined before the month ends will be able to access the v.05 update before it goes public!
(Sorry to keep spewing rhetoric with that, I just want to make sure there's no confusion about the new distribution system I'm using.)

Anyway, that's enough out of me. I'm tired and retreating under the sheets for a nice nap. Enjoy the game, everybody!
-A42
Anon_42

Postby siverdoom » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:37 am

So if someone wanted to see if this game was worth investing in where would one download it, the dropbox links are a dead end
siverdoom
Newly Registered

Postby Anon_42 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:16 pm

siverdoom Wrote:So if someone wanted to see if this game was worth investing in where would one download it, the dropbox links are a dead end

Sorry about that, man. Apparently moving dropbox files into a new folder actually changes the share link, so when I went back and organized things a little better it killed all of the old links.

Good news is, though, v.05 of Crisis Point has been released, so you can go ahead and grab that instead!

Download it here!

UPDATE v.05 CHANGES
-Add in melee attack [Fully implemented, not fully animated]
-Add in a non-knockdown "taking damage" animation
-Design, animate, and prep enemies for combat (Warped Soldier) [Most animations missing minor details, no melee attack yet]
-More sex animations (Warped Soldier)
-Begin designing first boss [Mostly planned out, partially coded, not yet sprited]
-Implement customizable controls
-Finish HUD
-Finish retiling areas
-Create more content (areas) - Introducing the Summit!

Because of the craziness of last month, I had to move a few planned things to the next update due to a lack of time - mostly animation work. Now, for v.06, I'm focusing on things that will be relatively easy to do, in the hopes of giving myself some time to catch up. That doesn't mean there won't be a good amount of new content, though!

UPDATE v.06 GOALS
-Finish kick animation + Warped Soldier detail
-Update crouching pose again
-Begin work on cumming animations
-Work on first boss more, hopefully finish and fully implement (unlikely)
-Re-code collision engine
-Design more of game map
-Plan out environmental hazards, perhaps implement?
-Create more content (areas)

Now I guess I should go see about fixing all the download links on the various forums this game is linked on. Fun stuff.
Anon_42

Postby chaoko99 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:56 pm

A progress update would be appreciated.
chaoko99
Newly Registered

Postby napala » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:05 am

chaoko99 Wrote:A progress update would be appreciated.

Like this?
http://www.purelukbowman.blogspot.com.a ... 433618fb90

seriously, my sig...
napala

Postby mr_johnson » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:39 am

Oh man, this game... it's pretty awesome.
But a tiny bit too hard for me! I don't like having to struggle (too much) to be allowed to see sexy stuff, and your stuff, damn, it is sexy.
mr_johnson

Postby Anon_42 » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:12 am

chaoko99 Wrote:A progress update would be appreciated.

Sorry man, thread here has been dead for months. It wasn't seeing any action so I stopped updating here in favor of the other places I post at, where my threads see a lot of activity. The link Apalapan posted is my blog, and I update most frequently on the ULMF forums, if you want to follow the game in one of those places. I don't really plan on posting here anymore.

(side note, thanks Apalapan for sharing the link. I stopped checking this thread ages ago.)
Anon_42

Postby napala » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:23 pm

You're welcome ;)
Keep the good work up.
napala

Previous

Return to Creative Corner