Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Crisis Point: Extinction - Metroidvania H-game

Postby Anon_42 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:09 pm

BlueLight Wrote:
Anon_42 Wrote:
Frurose Wrote:It looks like you are off to a good start. I'm looking forward to watching for your updates. the one thing I personally like to see in this style of game is no perma-death. Maybe it's just me, but sometimes I don't try to avoid the monster as much as I should. ;)

in addition, i plan on having a button that makes Alicia stand still and allow herself to be raped, to skip the hassle of needing to wait for an enemy to knock you down. also there is no perma-death in general, there will be plenty of save points.

A button that makes her stand still.... MADNESS!!!!! Why not a button to make her panties drop?

well the button will have its own animation.. so maybe they WILL drop :o don't you feel silly now
Anon_42

Postby Elsa » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:57 am

I know how it is. I have too many dead projects on this forum as well. Regardless, enjoy your passion. This art style does your more justice than the constraints of mimicking a style will ever do.
Elsa

Postby Anon_42 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:29 pm

Elsa Wrote:I know how it is. I have too many dead projects on this forum as well. Regardless, enjoy your passion. This art style does your more justice than the constraints of mimicking a style will ever do.

thanks, man. that really does mean a lot. hearing "go back to maplesim" gets real discouraging lol.

in other news, i started a patreon campaign! after seeing how successful breeding season turned out, and with my desire to work with others and make this a full-time thing, i decided to give it a shot. forgive me if things are a little rough around the edges right now, but i'm still getting used to the site and the way things work. it'll all come together before long.

hope to see you there!
Anon_42

Postby Kuragari » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:33 pm

This looks good, perhaps I might spend some of my next paycheck on helping you out. Currently broke after spending 100 bucks yesterday :shock:

EDIT: If you ever need someone to write dialogue, send me a PM and I'd be more than willing to help out.
Kuragari

Postby Anon_42 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:32 pm

Kuragari Wrote:This looks good, perhaps I might spend some of my next paycheck on helping you out. Currently broke after spending 100 bucks yesterday :shock:

EDIT: If you ever need someone to write dialogue, send me a PM and I'd be more than willing to help out.

hey, thanks! :) if you want to, you're more than welcome to hop aboard the patreon whenever. i plan on updating around once a month so i don't think it's gonna be busting anyone's banks.

as for the writing offer, i appreciate it. i'll keep you in mind if i ever want someone to help with that, but i enjoy writing, so i'm gonna try and handle it myself.
Anon_42

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:12 am

What program are you using to develop this? I was working on a similar project with a group of ppl on this site and they're very eager to contribute talents. You may wanna give them a message.

*Oh and what are the dimensions for your scenery tiles, I may wanna contribute talents, too.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Kuragari » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:45 am

Sending ten your way, or on the patreon, or however it works :p
Kuragari

Postby Anon_42 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:30 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:What program are you using to develop this? I was working on a similar project with a group of ppl on this site and they're very eager to contribute talents. You may wanna give them a message.

*Oh and what are the dimensions for your scenery tiles, I may wanna contribute talents, too.

I'm working in Game Maker Studio. I'd be more than happy to take a look at the people you mentioned, I'd love to work with some dedicated artists, as long as they're up to snuff ;)

Oh, and scenery tiles are 32x32

@kura - Thanks! I haven't had a whole lot to update with lately, but I'm planning on releasing a new Patreon build in the next week or so, look out for it!
Anon_42

Postby Terrantor!!! » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:17 am

Great, I'm pretty saavy with the old GameMaker 7 so I'm sure not much has changed. Here's what I've got, go ahead and lemme know if you like or what I can change to make it better.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

tileset1.png
Yeah!
tileset1.png (8.17 KiB) Viewed 5771 times
Terrantor!!!

Postby Anon_42 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:40 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Great, I'm pretty saavy with the old GameMaker 7 so I'm sure not much has changed. Here's what I've got, go ahead and lemme know if you like or what I can change to make it better.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

tileset1.png

Hey, not bad, I like it. I didn't plan on the purple area having a heavily rocky look to it like that, it's more of a 'purple dirt with rocks interspersed' kind of deal, but the texture itself looks very nice and it would probably fit in well with the more cave-like interiors. The grass on top could use some work, as it's lacking detail, and the palette doesn't QUITE match up with the style of Crisis Point, but that's all stuff that can easily be changed. Overall I'm impressed - do you have a skype account? It would be easier to discuss details on there if we're going to consider working together :) Mine is [email protected]
Anon_42

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:47 am

Sent an add request. :)
Terrantor!!!

Postby Anon_42 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:32 pm

Hey guys, quick update. The patreon finally got its first paid update last night, which means there's a new prototype for patrons! In the interest of keeping my other fans updated, though, I'm gonna share a previously patron-exclusive image with everybody. It's the design of another enemy that'll show up later in the game.

Anon_42

Postby napala » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:28 am

Anon_42 Wrote:Hey guys, quick update. The patreon finally got its first paid update last night, which means there's a new prototype for patrons! In the interest of keeping my other fans updated, though, I'm gonna share a previously patron-exclusive image with everybody. It's the design of another enemy that'll show up later in the game.

Great work!
napala

Postby Ancalador » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:27 pm

A quick Question: Typically how long after the Patreon release will the general release be? I tend to want to have access to a bit of gameplay before putting money down for Patreon or Kickstarter so it's likely the sooner i can have a looksie the sooner i'll be donating.
Ancalador
Newly Registered

Postby Anon_42 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:40 pm

Ancalador Wrote:A quick Question: Typically how long after the Patreon release will the general release be? I tend to want to have access to a bit of gameplay before putting money down for Patreon or Kickstarter so it's likely the sooner i can have a looksie the sooner i'll be donating.

Totally understandable. I'm not sure if you noticed, but there IS a demo listed in the first post - it's older than the patreon version, so there's not much content, but it's still something. Showcases a smooth platforming engine if nothing else!

If that demo's not enough, the next version should be up near the end of the month. I try to update Patreon monthly, and when I put up a new build on Patreon, I release the previous one to the public.
Anon_42

Postby Anon_42 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:10 am

Quick update guys, I have a date for when the new version is going public! I'll be uploading it to the general public on August 20th, and the new Patreon update is scheduled for a week after that on the 27th. I think I'll stick to that schedule of releasing the latest version a week before the new one comes out on Patreon.

Aside from that, I also added a new tier onto the campaign - it's pricey, at $100, but it's a pretty special one. Signing on to it lets you work with me to design your own enemy, complete with an offensive moveset and sex scene(s), which will be implemented into the game. It's limited though, with only one slot, and I'm not sure if I'll do it more than once.

Cheers!
-A42
Anon_42

Postby Anon_42 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:24 am

Hey guys! I know I said August 20th, but I decided I didn't want to wait any longer, so I'm bringing you v.02 right now!

Get it by clicking here!

Update v.02 is the beginnings of Crisis Point becoming an actual game, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it. I won't spoil any of the new things, but here's a quick list of the controls to get you going:

-Arrow keys to move and struggle while being raped (warning: struggling during rape injures you! Once Alicia's health drops down to 0, she can no longer struggle and your only option is restarting.)
-Z to jump
-X to shoot
-C to use diagonal aiming
-F4 for fullscreen
-R to restart
-Escape to quit

Big thanks to Dace for his help with the background art, I'm looking forward to seeing how this game looks in a couple of months. Enjoy the update!
-A42
Anon_42

Postby Anonymous94 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:32 pm

:( No enemies to fight? And what is the fire thing at the entrance of the cave (that's impossible to get)
Anonymous94

Postby Anon_42 » Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Anonymous94 Wrote::( No enemies to fight? And what is the fire thing at the entrance of the cave (that's impossible to get)

I don't know what 'fire' thing you're talking about, there's no fire anywhere.. Assuming you're talking about the gun pickup, you CAN get it, you just have to find your way to it. Nothing is 'unobtainable'.

There's one spot in the prototype that spawns enemies, but there's not any real combat scenarios yet. After you reach the end of it and get the health pickup, that version gives you a bunch of debug commands, one of which lets you spawn the blue enemy in so you can fight him if you want. Still, combat is nowhere near complete in this version. I was focusing on other things for that update, combat takes a lot of time to plan out and design.
Anon_42

Postby Anonymous94 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:50 am

Anon_42 Wrote:
Anonymous94 Wrote::( No enemies to fight? And what is the fire thing at the entrance of the cave (that's impossible to get)

I don't know what 'fire' thing you're talking about, there's no fire anywhere.. Assuming you're talking about the gun pickup, you CAN get it, you just have to find your way to it. Nothing is 'unobtainable'.

There's one spot in the prototype that spawns enemies, but there's not any real combat scenarios yet. After you reach the end of it and get the health pickup, that version gives you a bunch of debug commands, one of which lets you spawn the blue enemy in so you can fight him if you want. Still, combat is nowhere near complete in this version. I was focusing on other things for that update, combat takes a lot of time to plan out and design.

There isn't a way (unless I can break the thin layer of dirt that seperates me from where a hole leads if I go up, walk to the left and than go down until that point)
Anonymous94

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner