[HTML] Taboo Valley (Twine) - Abandoned

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Who's storylines are you interested in (check all that apply)?

Michael
7%
Rachael
13%
Amber
15%
Darian
5%
Melody
17%
Alex
6%
Jack
4%
Paige
13%
Lilly
20%

Total votes : 254

Re: [HTML] Taboo Valley (Twine) - Update 13 June 2014

Postby Elerneron » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:12 pm

xeragoth Wrote:well loli and shota are permitted in this forum. even so one of the main games where gonna have some but the game never left from being just a concept

When I first started making posts about that game, I scoured all my familiar forums (this one included) to make sure I was okay rule-wise. At that time, you could have loli and/or shota characters, but only if one added a disclaimer proclaiming all characters to be 18+ . . . which I will not add to my game out of principle. Some of the characters in that game were going to be born during the game, and may have even had sex before they were born. I understand the reason for this rule, and have followed it by not making a thread about that game. Fortunately my current game has no sexual pictures at all, so no need for a disclaimer proclaiming that fictional characters (who are therefore only as old as the first time I came up with them) are over the age of 18 while having in game text refer to them as younger.
Elerneron

Postby Clairite » Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:59 am

Elerneron Wrote: Some of the characters in that game were going to be born during the game, and may have even had sex before they were born.

The last bit is mind fucking me right now. How is that possible?
Clairite

Postby Elerneron » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:27 am

Clairite Wrote:
Elerneron Wrote: Some of the characters in that game were going to be born during the game, and may have even had sex before they were born.

The last bit is mind fucking me right now. How is that possible?

Realistically it isn't. It is a total work of farfetched fiction. There are two scenarios: 1) In the first scenario, twins get it on with each other in the womb. 2) In the second scenario, the also farfetched fetish of in-utero penetration (fucking into a woman's womb) happens to line the man's penis up with an orifice of the fetus. Not fetishes for everyone, and definitely not for the squeamish.
Elerneron

Postby akkanero » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:20 pm

Can you tell us more about how you are changing the game system? You said it was more RPG like?
akkanero
Newly Registered

Postby Elerneron » Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:03 am

akkanero Wrote:Can you tell us more about how you are changing the game system? You said it was more RPG like?

Umm . . . I suppose. It'd probably be easier to show you though. I'll put a link to a generic side project that I am making to learn and test things out before I transfer them to Taboo Valley.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ej0f1n4cimdipvs/FantasyQuest.html

Basically everything is going to be open world. The stories will be managed more like quests. It will be similar to a text version of Fallout or Elder Scrolls games. It will have a turn-based combat system similar to early Final Fantasy games. I am also adding needs tracking (look at the left bar) and time tracking, so time will pass in the game based on the actions that you take.
Elerneron

Postby akkanero » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:33 am

Sounds interesting. I can't wait :D
akkanero
Newly Registered

Postby akkanero » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:43 pm

How is everything going?
akkanero
Newly Registered

Postby Elerneron » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:48 pm

akkanero Wrote:How is everything going?

I'm taking a little break to play The Sims 4. I'll be back to work once the novelty wears off LOL.
Elerneron

Postby akkanero » Wed Oct 01, 2014 5:42 pm

Cool, is The Sims 4 any good as it is? With all the people complaining about no pools and etc. I've been iffy about playing it before they bring out more content.
akkanero
Newly Registered

Postby Elerneron » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:11 am

akkanero Wrote:Cool, is The Sims 4 any good as it is? With all the people complaining about no pools and etc. I've been iffy about playing it before they bring out more content.

It is actually an exceptional game. It is very different than Sims 3. It is very similar to Sims 2. The major advancements are a very diverse character creation system (CAS), a simpler yet more powerful build mode, and sims' ability to multitask. If you like Sims 2 you should like Sims 4. If you liked Sims 3 but did not like Sims 2 you may like Sims 4 or you may not. The neighborhoods are small . . . very small . . . but townies are just like sims that actually have houses (you can knock them up, etc) other than the fact that you can't vist them at their home (because they are "Not in World"). So there are still tons of sims to interact with. The venues are better than the Sims 2, and more populated and active than any Sims game that I have played; but there aren't very many of them, and there aren't many venue types yet. I recommend The Sims 4, but I do miss a lot of features (especially CASt).
Elerneron

Postby BinaryHedgehog » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:28 pm

I'm thinking of applying to co-write, but is the position already filled?
Pervy, perv, perv!
BinaryHedgehog

Postby Elerneron » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:44 pm

BinaryHedgehog Wrote:I'm thinking of applying to co-write, but is the position already filled?

I have several writers, but right now, nothing is being written. I still have to finish coding the "engine". No worries though, my Sims break is winding down I believe. I should be back to work on the engine soon.
Elerneron

Postby akkanero » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:23 am

Cannot wait to play. Been checking in regularly for updates :D
akkanero
Newly Registered

Postby Elerneron » Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:05 pm

akkanero Wrote:Cannot wait to play. Been checking in regularly for updates :D

No worries, I'm back to work on the game . . . though there is a very good chance that the game is going to evolve into something almost entirely different to make full use of the improvements I've made. The more I learn about Twine, HTML, and CSS while making this game the more features I can support, and the more I feel limited by some of the aspects of the game as it was originally envisioned. Soooo . . . there is a VERY good chance that this will simply be a springboard for a much bigger RPG project. It's a good thing I can't wrap my head around JavaScript or this would totally blow up with feature creep. LOL Though it would be nice to have someone familiar with JavaScript and jQuery to get me over the occasional hurdle that requires much more work/resources to do with Twine by itself.
Elerneron

Postby akkanero » Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:54 am

Happy Halloween :)
akkanero
Newly Registered

Postby Elerneron » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:24 pm

This post moved to it's own thread.
Elerneron

Re: [HTML] Taboo Valley (Twine) - Abandoned

Postby CobraW » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:21 pm

is this game stil in the making or not?
CobraW
Newly Registered

Postby Melkhiordarkblade » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:48 am

Hey, is the game abandoned for good?

What happened? And why?
Melkhiordarkblade
Newly Registered

Postby Elerneron » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:35 pm

I am easily bored, and the original concept for Taboo Valley was too simple to hold my interest. I began to add levels of complexity to the game, eventually trying to rebuild the whole system. It evolved as I learned more about HTML, CSS, and Twine and SugarCube macros. It eventually outgrew itself, and I was constrained by the initial limitations of the game's simple concept. It evolved into a new game called 7th Realm http://www.legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4653 which I am currently working on. The game simply became too different to be called Taboo Valley anymore. 7th Realm has a more complex, robust, rpg-based system that I am currently building, so there is no content for it yet. So this game is abandoned, but its intellectual offspring survives.
Elerneron

Previous

Return to Creative Corner