[HTML] Taboo Valley (Twine) - Abandoned

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Who's storylines are you interested in (check all that apply)?

Michael
7%
Rachael
13%
Amber
15%
Darian
5%
Melody
17%
Alex
6%
Jack
4%
Paige
13%
Lilly
20%

Total votes : 254

Re: [HTML] Taboo Valley (Twine) - Update 04 June 2014

Postby Elerneron » Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:14 am

moonblack Wrote:Everything seems to work fine in the new version (including the content filter). Thanks for the quick fix. :)

Good to know.

FMC Wrote:I still had to turn off then on all the stuff i liked to get the content filter to work.

Well, I'm afraid it looks like everyone that already has the game will have to do this once. The only other option I have is to rename my content filter variables, which I am hesitant to do. Right now if I'm checking for say the incest filter it is as easy as <<if $Incest>>Stuff to display if incest is on.<<endif>> . . . very intuitive. I could change it to $IncestOn or something, but it just wouldn't be quite as intuitive and easy on me.

FMC Wrote:Also, seeing the Melody Dom scene, I can't wait til friday. :P I was gonna ask if some bondage was going to be involved, or if there were going to be options on how she dommed you, but you didn't seem to like bondage (since you said that you have trouble writing for it). That's fine, too, because, well... I can't wait to see the character I play get dommed. xD I dunno, for me, if another character gets dommed that I'm not playing, it's not as... good? I suppose that's the word. I wonder if I'm weird. xD

Well, I'm glad I didn't write the scene too poorly. I'm never quite certain of the quality of a scene that I write that isn't one of my own kinks. At least BDSM is on "my willing to write" list, and not my "I don't think I can write that" list LOL
Last edited by Elerneron on Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elerneron

Postby Elerneron » Fri Jun 06, 2014 1:20 am

Just so you guys know, the Friday update is likely to be light on story once more (I know, I know . . . I'm sorry). This time, I'm preparing for characters to change (be transformed) by using variables to hold the information about them instead of leaving them static. That means I have to go through all the passages that I have written and change "Michael" into "<<print $MichaelName>>" without changing game references that include the word "Michael" . . . and I have to do that for all the characters in both stories. I am also going to have to develop a method of choosing whether to use "he or she" and "him or her" based on that character's current gender; then change every personal pronoun in both stories to use that method. You will have more debug options to play with, like being able to change the details on any character in the game (just for fun). I needed it for testing.
Elerneron

Postby Elerneron » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:21 am

Sorry folks, the new release isn't ready. This second half of the week has been a coding nightmare, but I'm almost there. Lucky for you all (and unlucky for me) my weekly roleplaying was canceled for this weekend, so I'll be working on Taboo Valley instead. That means that the Friday release is just going to be late, I'll have it up as soon as it is done. The kick in the pants is that all the work that I've been putting in is only successful if it is invisible, so a lot of people will probably want to skip this release as, at this time I have only one half written additional passage. Yep, all technical stuff. I'll see if I can get a few more done before I put it out to make it somewhat worth it, but I'm not making any (more) promises.
Elerneron

Postby Elerneron » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:35 am

I guess I only actually missed it by about an hour and a half. New version is up.

So what's new?
  • Removed all but 2 empty paths.
  • 1 new Melody Passage.
  • All character information is in variables now.
  • Ability to choose futanari pronouns in the content filter (if any futa option are enabled).
  • 12 new widgets for choosing what gender pronoun to display.
  • Replaced all references to character names with their name variable instead.
  • Replaced all third-person personal pronouns with a call to the aforementioned widgets.
  • Added an option to the debug menu to change character details.
  • Made the debug menu pretty.
Elerneron

Re: [HTML] Taboo Valley (Twine) - Update 07 June 2014

Postby FMC » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:23 am

Even if it's the one passage, can I say that the passage is my favourite so far? ^_^
FMC

Postby Elerneron » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:13 pm

I updated OP with a call for aid. If you can write or draw please consider checking it out.
Elerneron

Postby Elerneron » Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:42 pm

New version is up. See the OP if you want details . . . I'm too tired.
Elerneron

Postby FMC » Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:49 pm

Interesting update. ^_^ Go to bed, you deserve it.
FMC

Re: [HTML] Taboo Valley (Twine) - Update 13 June 2014

Postby Frurose » Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:00 pm

Thank you for all your work. It's nice to see that you have a couple of people to help you out.
Frurose

Postby Elerneron » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:27 am

I added images of floor plans of the Simmons' home (in the OP). I built the house in the Sims 3. While I have the house all packaged up, and am willing to give it to other simmers, bear in mind that I have every expansion pack and every stuff pack except Movie Stuff, and I have quite a lot of store content and have used at least one custom object (OMSP) in the creation of the house. I have also used the moveObjects and disableSnappingToSlotsOnAlt cheats quite a bit in building the house, so I don't know how playable it actually is. If after all that you still want the house PM me for a link.
Elerneron

Postby Elerneron » Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:04 am

Sorry folks, there won't be a Friday Update this week. I didn't get enough done to warrant a new release. Hopefully next week will be more productive.
Elerneron

Postby gravifan89 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:58 am

I'm interested in this one, but I can't seem to get anything to really work.
gravifan89

Postby Elerneron » Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:11 am

gravifan89 Wrote:I'm interested in this one, but I can't seem to get anything to really work.

Could you be a little more specific? All it takes to play the game is an up-to-date web browser (preferably not Internet Explorer) and Java. I recommend Firefox (as that is what I use) though Chrome is probably fine too (as I check it with Chrome on occasion). I can't guarantee it will function with other browsers. There isn't a whole lot of content yet, is that what you mean?
Elerneron

Postby gravifan89 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:25 pm

Yeah, not a lot of content. I use Firefox.
gravifan89

Postby DomJoe » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:43 am

Definitely interested in how this will go. It appears to be really well planned out and formatted, and the variety of characters show promise. Would love to see more~
DomJoe

Postby Elerneron » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:02 am

Sorry for my lack of updates. I have been busy with real life crap for a while. Now that I’m getting back to it, I am going to do a major overhaul to make it more RPG-like. Don’t worry about the game if you don’t hear from me for a while, there is a lot to do. The game will look very different when I’m done, but the premise will remain the same. The content that is now in the game will still be there, just in a different format. Please be patient and stay tuned.
Elerneron

Postby FMC » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:40 am

Hopefully. ^_^ I'm really loving the game so far, and want to see what else you do with it.
FMC

Postby akkanero » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:05 pm

I played the game and am loving the ideas. It hits several of my kinks and what has been done so far is really good.

I only beg that you do not neglect M/M content and give it as much love as other the other stuff or find some people to do it. The amount of M/F and F/F content games/interactive stories out on the web far outnumber M/M stuff, which makes me (a gay guy) sad. In games where they include M/M it often gets lost/drowned in unavoidable M/F and F/F. (if anyone knows of M/M games or content included in games please share :D)

It was hard to track you down. I couldn't find any dedicated website except
http://elerneron.tfblogssite.com/botd-mystic-mirror/

Although I don't know if that is you or not. That game also has a bunch of kinks too. Was it ever finished? Would love to play it too.

I registered on this forum specifically to contact you because I love the game :D.

Some questions:
1. You have a lot of kinks listed. Will every character have every kink included in their story paths?
2. Where else can we find you/your content/other? Forums/website/whatever.

Much love.
akkanero
Newly Registered

Postby Elerneron » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:43 pm

akkanero Wrote:I played the game and am loving the ideas. It hits several of my kinks and what has been done so far is really good.

I only beg that you do not neglect M/M content and give it as much love as other the other stuff or find some people to do it. The amount of M/F and F/F content games/interactive stories out on the web far outnumber M/M stuff, which makes me (a gay guy) sad. In games where they include M/M it often gets lost/drowned in unavoidable M/F and F/F. (if anyone knows of M/M games or content included in games please share :D)

No worries, half of my volunteer writers are helping me with the M/M, M/m, m/M, m/m, M/b, m/b, b/M, b/m, and b/b content. (M = male over 18, M = male puberty to 17, b = boy - prepubescent . . . I think I got all the combos LOL). I recognize that I am not great at writing it, but I have others that are . . . if they're still around after the redesign.

akkanero Wrote:It was hard to track you down. I couldn't find any dedicated website except
http://elerneron.tfblogssite.com/botd-mystic-mirror/

Although I don't know if that is you or not. That game also has a bunch of kinks too. Was it ever finished? Would love to play it too.

Yep, that was me trying to keep a blog; an experiment that didn't end well.

That was my previous project, which I handed over to another team leader. I never had a thread here because it was going to have loli/shota images without saying they were 18+. I am still providing art for the team . . . haven't heard much about it recently.

akkanero Wrote:I registered on this forum specifically to contact you because I love the game :D.

Always nice to hear. :)

akkanero Wrote:Some questions:
1. You have a lot of kinks listed. Will every character have every kink included in their story paths?
2. Where else can we find you/your content/other? Forums/website/whatever.

Much love.

1. Not every character will have every kink. For instance the Alex storyline will contain no rape, snuff, or other violent sex . . . a little SMBD is about as far as that story will go. I am trying to make each story as versatile as possible.
2. The best place to find me, or information about my game projects (in order of likelihood due to various limitations on content permitted) is http://www.futanaripalace.com/, http://www.tfgamessite.com/, or here. I have a tendency to bite off more than I can chew, so I have a few ideas out there that have been relatively abandoned due to lack of ability to make my vision come true. This game is much simpler compared to the other ideas that I have had, and with twine's ease of use I hope to be able to finally finish a game. Also, I recently started a story on http://editthis.info/create_your_own_adventure/Main_Page, which is here. Very little there right now. Although I opened it up for anyone to write, it is a relatively complex system for the site and no one has contributed any content to it besides myself. Basically I go there from time to time and write a passage or two to wind down.
Elerneron

Postby xeragoth » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:12 pm

well loli and shota are permitted in this forum. even so one of the main games where gonna have some but the game never left from being just a concept
xeragoth

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner