Music for your projects

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Music for your projects

Postby ZeCaoow » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:44 am

Hi, I've been lurking for some time now, and I thought I'd offer my contribution to the community. I'll keep this short and simple.

I'm composing some music, at least for the time being.

I'm not great, but if you are stuck for options as far as music goes, I can try to help.

All my stuff is free to use in any project: Just credit to ZeCaoow.

Yes, you can ask me to do something in specific style/genre/etc.

http://soundation.com/user/zecaoow
Last edited by ZeCaoow on Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeCaoow
Newly Registered

Re: Music for your projects

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:47 am

Thanks for the generosity! :)
Zeus Kabob

Postby ZeCaoow » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:50 pm

On a note about hitting me with a PM.

Since I've only just registered, I'm unable to send PM's. If you give me an alternative means of contacting you (or permit me to respond to you using this thread.) I'll get back to you. Otherwise, my hands are tied.
ZeCaoow
Newly Registered

@mysterymailer

Postby corta » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:40 am

oh yeah.. restrictions.

anyways, looking to commission a cave track.
well.. trade for a favor. :lol:

interested?
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby BlueLight » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:00 am

This might sound odd but got anything less gamy?
I'm looking for something that you hear it and you know it's a campfire or forest because of ambient noise like feel.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby ZeCaoow » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:00 pm

I've got something for both of you, I hope. If you want them exclusively for yourselves, I'll need some way of getting them to you. (Whatever's your preferred method of receiving files, PM me with details.) Otherwise, I can always upload them to my site for public download.

I can always modify the tracks or create new ones if it's not what you are looking for, seeing as they are both in project stage, although pretty much finished.
ZeCaoow
Newly Registered

Postby BlueLight » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:36 pm

just upload it to the site. i have no problem with other people joining us
BlueLight

Postby ZeCaoow » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:23 pm

Uploaded as "Project Forest" Not sure if it's the type you are looking for, but it's there, and I can always work on it.
ZeCaoow
Newly Registered

Postby corta » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:22 pm

wow, you work fast..
'n yup, with the rest of 'em is fine.
corta

Postby ZeCaoow » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:15 pm

I have a lot of stuff made ready, I just need to make adjustments.

Might slow down soon when I run out of material and have to make new stuff :D
ZeCaoow
Newly Registered

Postby VintageBass » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:04 am

So I am working on a project myself and we're in need of some music as well. Is it possible to get something grand, along with a bit of kick to it, like a good epic score for a movie? Then we would probably need other various themes, but for now we just need a main menu theme to help get people excited, both for the game and for all of the sexy, sexy goodness to come outta it.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby BlueLight » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:23 am

man your popular. Can you soften up the forest track a bit? Don't change tune but make each note a bit more softer. Is that possible.
Then after that i was hopping you could add like a low set of cricket sounds in the background of the track, You know, adding stuff for immersion. I however don't want this until the first thing is done.

If you do decide to edit, i'm fine if you put it on your back burner until you get other people request in.
BlueLight

Postby corta » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:24 am

I really like the cave track - getting a sweet ice cavern/water temple vibe from it and it'll make for a great level.

tried to make a 'gloomy' version for the less majestic zones with a tempo change, pitch shift and cutting the high-range. but, I can't cleanly remove the beat..
any chance of an official "for boring caves" version? :lol:

also, does anyone else hear the 'popping' on the beats?
I might be going crazy, but it's a little distracting..
corta

Postby BlueLight » Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:35 am

corta Wrote:I really like the cave track - getting a sweet ice cavern/water temple vibe from it and it'll make for a great level.

tried to make a 'gloomy' version for the less majestic zones with a tempo change, pitch shift and cutting the high-range. but, I can't cleanly remove the beat..
any chance of an official "for boring caves" version? :lol:

also, does anyone else hear the 'popping' on the beats?
I might be going crazy, but it's a little distracting..

At about 1:16 it starts with the drum beat going shallow which is when it starts getting annoying. If it was a quick 5 second thing it wouldn't be as much of a big deal to me.
Just to make sure what license are these under or going to be under? I prefer to have the ability to sell my game commercially even if i don't.
BlueLight

Postby MarionetteHGameworks » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Nice!Awesome work, thanks for sharing!
This sure will come in handy.
MarionetteHGameworks

Postby ZeCaoow » Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:33 pm

The popping on the beats is a problem that the software tends to cause, I've tried to reduce it, but I'll look into it again.

No new updates on the muscis for now, I'll post again when I get something done, had a crazy time at work and I'm exhausted, so might take a few days before I'll get something meaningful done.

VintageBass, I'll get something done to that extent soon enough. Though I'm not sure what kind of a game it is. It might suck If I put together an epic score that was totally techno for a medieval fantasy RPG :P

Also, the license is free to use in any project, commercial or not.
ZeCaoow
Newly Registered

Postby VintageBass » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:43 pm

ZeCaoow Wrote:VintageBass, I'll get something done to that extent soon enough. Though I'm not sure what kind of a game it is. It might suck If I put together an epic score that was totally techno for a medieval fantasy RPG :P

Oh yeah, I did forget to mentioned about what we're doing... yeah it would suck to have something like that, but who knows. Anyway, you're right about the medieval part as that is a part of what we're working on, though not the main focus, especially right with the fantasy element... an RPG this is not. Think strategy. But yeah, we are going to need a medieval theme for one set we're working on along with different series, but for now we need a medieval theme.

ZeCaoow Wrote:Also, the license is free to use in any project, commercial or not.

I doubt we'll sell our games, but I do know a very good price for it if we need to sell it.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby QuizmasterBos » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:49 pm

Hello ZeCaoow,

I am the leader of sorts for the project VintageBass mentioned. I would like to tell you about the game, but preferably via PM. You just need to get a couple more posts, once you reach 10 I can tell you about our game idea.

Otherwise, email is also a possibility. Either way, I'd rather not divulge any information out in public until the time is right.

Now, about the music samples I heard, I can see you have a lot of potential, but I am missing this... 'oomph' in your songs. It just feels like something is missing. It's difficult to explain. I hope you understand where I am coming from.
QuizmasterBos

Postby ZeCaoow » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:06 pm

The tracks I have made available atm are rather 'game level' type tracks, they are not supposed to have the 'oomph' except the track 'menacing darkness', though I don't know, maybe it too only has the 'oomph' feel for me.

Making a theme or 'title track' will be a lot more work and will take some time to get done. (I need to create some orchestral scores and stuff.)
ZeCaoow
Newly Registered

Postby QuizmasterBos » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:29 pm

ZeCaoow Wrote:The tracks I have made available atm are rather 'game level' type tracks, they are not supposed to have the 'oomph' except the track 'menacing darkness', though I don't know, maybe it too only has the 'oomph' feel for me.

Making a theme or 'title track' will be a lot more work and will take some time to get done. (I need to create some orchestral scores and stuff.)

With 'oomph', I meant simply that the songs seem to be missing something. It doesn't really convey the feeling that you want me to have with the songs. That's what I am trying to say. It's attempting it for sure, but none of the songs stuck with me.

I'm not saying they are bad and I admire how fast you pumped these out, but it's just... missing something.

I am looking forward to future songs!
QuizmasterBos

Next

Return to Creative Corner