Succubus Brothel

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Succubus Brothel

Postby Kurushimi » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:31 am

I agree with Blue's ideas.

Edit: I notice you've got an editor on your demo link, does it work as intended? (To test it, I created a drink, but I forgot what a reasonable price would be so it'll need some editing if it ever wants to become popular.)

Edit 2: Is that save scumming prevention thing intentional?
Kurushimi

Postby BlueLight » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:05 am

Kurushimi Wrote:Edit 2: Is that save scumming prevention thing intentional?

One of the reasons why i hate firaxis so much now. They create games which beg for save scumming but then do everything they can to ruin it.
Civ5 did respect the user on that front.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Void Director » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:43 pm

BlueLight Wrote:Now for some ideas.
Allow you to store money in the bar but have a risk of the bar getting robbed robbed hourly. Standard place might have a 1% chance of getting robbed every hour depending on popularity and defense.
Allow your succubus to spend a hour to do shopping to keep stocks, and this will use bar money.
You might want to limit the amount of of supplies succubi can carry per hour.
Assume you accept the storing gold idea, you should allow the players to decide a split ratio for gold given to bar, and player based gold earned while player was away.
We need a easier and simpler way of getting mana.
Might want to make a way to have bouncers like summoning imps? Imps that are weak willed to misbehaving succubi? Imps who like their summoners pussy if she so happens to be female.
Maybe allow humans to be hired, they wont misbehave like succubus, but will required gold as payment and will likely use your supplies without paying. They also likely wont preform as well.
What about food items?

I already have a long list of things waiting to be implemented. Some of these ideas might make it into the game but not for many versions.

Kurushimi Wrote:I agree with Blue's ideas.

Edit: I notice you've got an editor on your demo link, does it work as intended? (To test it, I created a drink, but I forgot what a reasonable price would be so it'll need some editing if it ever wants to become popular.)

The Editor works (unles it was broken by a recent version without me noticing) but is very limited. It does not cover most of the data types used by the curent game and I don't actually use it myself to build game data. i am currently indicisive about how much effort to put into the editor vs just working on the core game itself. A strong editor could help build the game faster but it could also be a huge time sink. Honestly, I think it was a mistake to make it public so early, I should have just made a more useful tool for my own use then made it public when the game was more complete.

What save scrumming pervention thing?
Last edited by Void Director on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Void Director

Postby BlueLight » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:07 pm

Your quotes are a bitt fuzzy.
BlueLight

Postby Void Director » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:17 pm

BlueLight Wrote:Your quotes are a bitt fuzzy.

It seems I had two quote tags at the start, should be fixed now.
Void Director

Postby Kurushimi » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:22 am

Void Director Wrote:

What save scrumming pervention thing?

Upon saving and loading repeatedly, the game seems to disable loading. Save scumming, in case you don't know, is saving and then repeatedly loading until the RNG favors the player.
Kurushimi

Postby Void Director » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:21 pm

That is not intentional. After some fiddling i seem to have found a few bugs with save/load. I have fixed them but will probably wait until the next release to make the changes public.
Void Director

Postby BlueLight » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Going back to the tool problem. I'd focus on the main game unless your making tools to increases your effectiveness. Once the main engine and events are done, you might want to look into making tools for the public.
BlueLight

Postby Void Director » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:25 am

An editor that ensured the correctness of data and helped me organize it would certainty allow me to build game data faster than just editing JSON files (technically javascript files with json like data) like I do now. However, I have no idea how much productivity I would gain compared to how much effort I would spend. For team projects especially those with dedicated data editing positions like writers or designers it almost always makes since to focus first on tools then on building but its unclear how that works out for a project primarily developed by one person.
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:03 am

New Version (0.2.5) is now avalible! You can find the full details on the blog.

A brief note regarding reporting bugs. I have made the games issue tracker at at bitbucket available. You can find it [here](https://bitbucket.org/VoidDirector/succ ... hel/issues). If you use the issue tracker to report bugs they have the greatest chance of being fixed. This is because bugs reported on the various forums Succubus Brothel is discussed on on sometimes get lost and forgotten while things in the bug tracker remain until they are resolved.

Changelog
  • Players can now gain ranks in classes
  • New thief class (and some corresponding abilities for it of course)
  • Mugging encounter nerfed
  • Added thief trainer to the docks (You need to gain a level before you will meet him)
  • You can now view the stats of an entity in combat by hovering your mouse over them.
  • Fixed a bug in which loading many times would exhaust the amount of names available to the name generator.
  • Fixed a bug in which loading would create phantom npcs
  • Added quite a few new capabilities to the scene interpreter
You can play the new version at the usual spot (http://sb.adultrealms.com).
Void Director

Postby BlueLight » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:11 am

Right now this is a small thing but i decided to point it out.
Not everything in your GUI is fitting.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qso5bjk2b63ui ... 3.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b459s65hi6ot1 ... 5.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z63qwqyyfn8t9 ... 4.png?dl=0

This isn't a recent thing. I'm using Firefox. Not sure if you should be bothering with this right now but thought i'd point it out.
Also thank you for nerfing the fight.
BlueLight

Postby Void Director » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:34 am

Yha the interface does not scale very well at this time. The sidebar is also just plain ugly and needs to be overhauled. I will probably have to do a version primarily dedicated to UI in a while in order to correct these issues but it won't be for awhile.
Void Director

Postby rpgfan650 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:49 pm

How do you make payments to the bank? The things I've tried are not working.
rpgfan650

Postby harryp21 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:53 am

Void Director Wrote:Intro
Hello, you may have seen my other game Lustsworn Arena on this forum at some point. For some reason despite that one geting lots of useful feedback at this forum I never posted my other game Succubus Brothel. I actually started this one before Lustsworn and both are in active development (I generally take turns working on one then the other for about a week). You can also read about the game on my blog.

Demo
Demo, Guide

Bug Tracker
The preferred place to report bugs is on the bitbucket issue tracker. You don't need to make an account just click the add issue button in the top right corner. Try to add as many details about where you encountered the bug and under what conditions. Screenshots are often helpful to me. You can also report bugs on this thread but the issue tracker gives me better tools to track bugs especially as this game is on several different forums.

Synopsis
The idea is the player runs a brothel where the girls are succubi. The player must maintain enough gold to avoid bankruptcy and expand his business. At the same time he needs to maintain the loyalty or at least the magical binds of his succubi to prevent them from sucking him dry. Succubi level up and become both more powerful allowing them to charge higher prices for their services but also harder to control.

Lore
Succubus Types
World History

Game Play
The primary focus of the game play will be the economic simulation and interaction with the various succubi. The challenge will come from trying to maximize profit in order to avoid foreclosure to greedy bankers while now allowing an of the succubi to take over. More powerful succubi are more profitable but also more dangerous.

Transforms will play a more minor role than in CoC. Succubi will transform as they level up gaining abilities like tail-pussys. The player will be able to transform their body somewhat with magic or drugs but not to the extent of CoC. Certainty you will not be able to become a Kangaroo/Dragon morph with 7 cocks.

Version Plans - Subject to change of course. (somewhat outdated)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

0.0.1 - Current version, Not all core systems exist mostly just a first look

0.1.x - Core systems implemented in some shape.

0.2.x - Succubus Core system in good working condition.

0.3.x - NPC Mental model (decision making process) in good working condition

0.4.x - Items and upgrades in good working condition.

0.5.x - Balanced enough to actually be challenging but not impossible.

0.6.x - Greater fleshing out of the world and some the central plot. Build system to allow people to donate scenes if anyone besides me is interested in writing for the game.

0.6-0.9 - Organic addition of more systems. I have lots of ideas for non-core systems which would be neat but first the core systems need to be solid. A combat system will probably be added at this point.

1.0.x - Move from alpha to beta (not in terms of open or closed testing it will be open testing from the start but in terms of really early stage to basically playable and hopefully fun)

Support this project
You can support the game on Patreon. You can also support via other means on the blog. Even if you can't donate any money simply clicking one of the share buttons will greatly help by spreading the word. Altenativly if you can write, draw, or program you can contribute directly to the project here.

i have played the game for a short period of time as i find the game severly lacking several point

1. succubus in your care should show up far less when you want to sleep and therefore not every time
2. will power of the player should at the start of the game be hire then the succubes
3. a succubes should at the start not be able from the begin to gain control of the player like currently happens in my case
4. the layout of the game should go with the time and by and old layout witch was in aprooxamly 10 years ago
5. more a suggestion a succubes should be able to be used in battles i you face more then one openent
6. in some cases i have experienced a little flaw or a bug with experience level up system in witch case the neccery amount experience has been attained but you dont level up till you have had another fight as far as i am aware this is cureently the case in at least the fist 4 levels besides tthat i had no problems with the other levels

all in all a good game minus the points mentioned look atleast forward to the next version to see wheter i continue with it
harryp21

Postby Void Director » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:41 am

harryp21 Wrote:i have played the game for a short period of time as i find the game severly lacking several point

1. succubus in your care should show up far less when you want to sleep and therefore not every time

Succubi are not supposed to be able to attack you more than once every five nights. Upon inspection there is a bug allowing it to occur more frequently. I will release a patch to fix that soon.

2. will power of the player should at the start of the game be hire then the succubes

For the current night attack scene its actually a matter of willpower vs int not will vs will. I am not really concerned about this balance yet because willpower does not do anything useful yet so losing it is no big deal (the bad end resulting from being dominated too many times is disabled). The final balance of this is dependent on too many things that don't exist yet for me to comment on it much. Likely this scene and others like it will need to scale with the level of the succubus in question so low level early game succubi pose a low threat while the game remains challenging latter on.

3. a succubes should at the start not be able from the begin to gain control of the player like currently happens in my case

There is currently no bad and and willpower is pretty useless so I don't see it as a big deal.

4. the layout of the game should go with the time and by and old layout witch was in aprooxamly 10 years ago

I am afraid I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

5. more a suggestion a succubes should be able to be used in battles i you face more then one openent

This has been a planned feature for some time.

6. in some cases i have experienced a little flaw or a bug with experience level up system in witch case the neccery amount experience has been attained but you dont level up till you have had another fight as far as i am aware this is cureently the case in at least the fist 4 levels besides tthat i had no problems with the other levels

This bug was already reported and fix see https://bitbucket.org/VoidDirector/succ ... is-awarded
Void Director

Postby harryp21 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:51 am

as for point 4 i mean the current layout of the game looks like a game i played apromaly 10 years ago hence old not exacly new not that it really matters at an alpha states but i certainly hope it change in the originial release mainly the color of said layout kinda looks dull in my opinion

but besides it is a good game mainly because i like that kind of games albeit a succubes one being a new experience it is so far only the second i have come across the first one of witch was only for a 10 days in game trial besides that you had to pay to continue playing there was also a limit of 4 succubes for the trial version it was a nice one albeit that

forgot he link for it
harryp21

Postby Kurushimi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:28 pm

Any news?
Kurushimi

Previous

Return to Creative Corner