Succubus Brothel

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Succubus Brothel

Postby Void Director » Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:48 am

Intro
Hello, you may have seen my other game Lustsworn Arena on this forum at some point. For some reason despite that one geting lots of useful feedback at this forum I never posted my other game Succubus Brothel. I actually started this one before Lustsworn and both are in active development (I generally take turns working on one then the other for about a week). You can also read about the game on my blog.

Demo
Demo, Guide

Bug Tracker
The preferred place to report bugs is on the bitbucket issue tracker. You don't need to make an account just click the add issue button in the top right corner. Try to add as many details about where you encountered the bug and under what conditions. Screenshots are often helpful to me. You can also report bugs on this thread but the issue tracker gives me better tools to track bugs especially as this game is on several different forums.

Synopsis
The idea is the player runs a brothel where the girls are succubi. The player must maintain enough gold to avoid bankruptcy and expand his business. At the same time he needs to maintain the loyalty or at least the magical binds of his succubi to prevent them from sucking him dry. Succubi level up and become both more powerful allowing them to charge higher prices for their services but also harder to control.

Lore
Succubus Types
World History

Game Play
The primary focus of the game play will be the economic simulation and interaction with the various succubi. The challenge will come from trying to maximize profit in order to avoid foreclosure to greedy bankers while now allowing an of the succubi to take over. More powerful succubi are more profitable but also more dangerous.

Transforms will play a more minor role than in CoC. Succubi will transform as they level up gaining abilities like tail-pussys. The player will be able to transform their body somewhat with magic or drugs but not to the extent of CoC. Certainty you will not be able to become a Kangaroo/Dragon morph with 7 cocks.

Version Plans - Subject to change of course. (somewhat outdated)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

0.0.1 - Current version, Not all core systems exist mostly just a first look

0.1.x - Core systems implemented in some shape.

0.2.x - Succubus Core system in good working condition.

0.3.x - NPC Mental model (decision making process) in good working condition

0.4.x - Items and upgrades in good working condition.

0.5.x - Balanced enough to actually be challenging but not impossible.

0.6.x - Greater fleshing out of the world and some the central plot. Build system to allow people to donate scenes if anyone besides me is interested in writing for the game.

0.6-0.9 - Organic addition of more systems. I have lots of ideas for non-core systems which would be neat but first the core systems need to be solid. A combat system will probably be added at this point.

1.0.x - Move from alpha to beta (not in terms of open or closed testing it will be open testing from the start but in terms of really early stage to basically playable and hopefully fun)

Support this project
You can support the game on Patreon. You can also support via other means on the blog. Even if you can't donate any money simply clicking one of the share buttons will greatly help by spreading the word. Altenativly if you can write, draw, or program you can contribute directly to the project here.
Last edited by Void Director on Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
Void Director

Re: Succubus Brothel

Postby that man » Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:19 am

Ok, I really like the concept of the game, and I know it's a prototype, but, every time I try to use the inventory, I am unable to return to the rest of the game. This means that I have to restart the game, which can get quite annoying at times. I don't know why this is happening, but I just wanted to let you know.
Also, this is an interesting game.
that man

Postby Void Director » Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:03 am

that man Wrote:Ok, I really like the concept of the game, and I know it's a prototype, but, every time I try to use the inventory, I am unable to return to the rest of the game. This means that I have to restart the game, which can get quite annoying at times. I don't know why this is happening, but I just wanted to let you know.
Also, this is an interesting game.

Oops, that worked last version. I made a mistake while refactoring and broke it. Its fixed now.
Void Director

Postby Matpneumatos » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:03 am

I like the concept as well, having a brothel of special girls is amazing, but it should have som graphics i think, i think that the interface itself feels depressing, but anyway i like the concept and i think it should be a good game.
Matpneumatos

Postby Void Director » Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:11 am

Matpneumatos Wrote:I like the concept as well, having a brothel of special girls is amazing, but it should have som graphics i think,

Unfortunately my art skills are... not very good. While I have been playing with blender for years I have never managed to make a convincing character (or anything organic really) and my skills in 2D are even worst.

i think that the interface itself feels depressing, but anyway i like the concept and i think it should be a good game.

Its true that gray, grayish blue and black is not the livest of themes. It was actually a ui theme I was making for a more general visual novel system which I wrote then never used for anything. Maybe at some point in the future I will re-theme it but I think it is quite nice looking if not vibrant.
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Sat May 17, 2014 1:55 am

A new version is finished. While it does not have that many new features it includes a major rewrite of a great deal of code to remove some of the bad code from it. You can read the full details here. Because its it includes rather maor code rewrites I moved the version number up to 0.2.0 instead of 0.1.4

• Added tails and horns to succubus description.
  • Implemented dynamic stocks for the general store (it will now change what items are available over time with the exception of common items which are always available)
  • Added Credits page
  • Fixed multiple spelling errors
  • Refactored the codebase to use AMD Modules (Which basially involved changing every file in the codebase)
  • Altered the way events work
  • Added some Unit Tests
  • Added some End to End Tests
  • All build tasks switched from Visual Studios extensions to Grunt tasks.
You can play the new version here.
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Wed May 28, 2014 8:45 pm

New version (0.2.1) is up you can see the full details here.

Changelog
  • Intro sequence edited and much improved by Obsidian Shark
  • New tutorial also written by Obsidian Shark
  • Altered the structure of some menus to make them more intuitive.
  • Added ability picking menu for in succubus profiles
  • Added player room although its not fully implemented yet.
  • Succubi no longer randomly select abilities when they level up. Instead an ability must be selected for them in the profiles menu.

You can play the new version [url=sb.adultrealms.com]here[/url].
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Wed May 28, 2014 8:53 pm

New version (0.2.1) is up you can see the full details here.

Changelog
  • Intro sequence edited and much improved by Obsidian Shark
  • New tutorial also written by Obsidian Shark
  • Altered the structure of some menus to make them more intuitive.
  • Added ability picking menu for in succubus profiles
  • Added player room although its not fully implemented yet.
  • Succubi no longer randomly select abilities when they level up. Instead an ability must be selected for them in the profiles menu.

You can play the new version here.
Void Director

Postby Jaskan » Wed May 28, 2014 9:02 pm

I really like your game. I hope to see more updates! :)
Jaskan
Newly Registered

Postby Void Director » Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:44 am

New version 0.2.2 is out. You can find all the details here.

Changelog
  • Added saving and loading.
  • Added descriptions for stats.
  • Made players choice of bonus actually counted by the game.
  • Bad ends are implemented.
  • Incomplete sleep implementation
  • Made the debt payments actually count towards paying off your debt.
  • Missing two debt payments now results in a bad end.
  • Generalized scene player to do nonlinear scenes.

You can play it at the same url as always but hereis a link anyway.
Void Director

Postby Matpneumatos » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi! i thought i might offer some help, i can draw, and i can make 3D renders also, i have a small gallery at my site on the other art section, you can chek it if you like
http://matpneumatos.wix.com/matpneumatos#!bio/c1ktj
So it might help your project if you're interested.
Matpneumatos

Postby Void Director » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:31 am

New version is out you can read the full details here.

Changelog
  • Added a combat system
  • Added quest journal
  • Added socialize option at Tavern
  • Added exploration system (although pretty empty at this point)
  • Added a simple quest to test new systems.
  • Moved the schedule button from the bar menu under tavern to top-level tavern menu.
  • Bar now displays the names of present customers
  • Renamed and restructured app to have a more sensible file structure (not really finish yet though)

You can play the new version at the usual url (http://sb.adultrealms.com/)
Void Director

Postby Anon21 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:25 pm

I've tried out the current version. Found a couple of bugs / glitches.

* Bank does not take your money.
* "No data on sex" message in conversation text, even though I had clicked 'Female' earlier on.
Anon21

Postby Void Director » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:18 am

New version (0.2.4) is up. You can read the on the blog at http://www.adultrealms.com/succubus-brothel-version-0-2-4/.

Changelog
  • Players can now level up
  • Added new equipment system (Only npcs use equipment at this point, no player weapons yet.)
  • Added a new start ability called bash for player. This is intended to be an inefficient ability that the player stars with.
  • Game now uses Bootstrap UI css (tell me what you think of the new look).
  • Added support for Bootstrap tooltips and added tooltips to various things, more coming soon.
  • Added the option to use any of the current combat stats as a bonus.
  • Added a new scene written by Obsidian-Shark upon first summoning of a succubus.
  • Fixed a bug in which main bank quest did not charge the player.
  • Fixed a bug in which the players data was missing in scenes leading to pronouns like sir or ma'am being replaced with 'no data on sex'.
  • Made the capitalization of file names consistent.
  • Removed some repetitious code

You can play the new version at http://sb.adultrealms.com.

@Anon21 - Thanks for the bug report. Both of those bugs are fixed in the new version
Void Director

Postby Kurushimi » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:20 am

Both gold and mana seem to go in the negatives.

Edit: It seems there is no way currently to beat the thugs when exploring. Might need a bit of balancing.
Kurushimi

Postby Void Director » Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:39 am

Kurushimi Wrote:Both gold and mana seem to go in the negatives.

True, I am not really sure if its a big deal though.
Edit: It seems there is no way currently to beat the thugs when exploring. Might need a bit of balancing.

Yha, they are too strong right now.
Void Director

Postby Kurushimi » Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:55 am

Negative gold/mana isn't really a priority issue, but it wants to be fixed eventually.
Kurushimi

Postby BlueLight » Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:38 am

Void Director Wrote:
Kurushimi Wrote:Both gold and mana seem to go in the negatives.

True, I am not really sure if its a big deal though.

Yha, they are too strong right now.

Look up the API for a math class and functions with max and min. If you need it i can make a functions for you.... says the Java, C#, & Actionscript programmer that doesn't know Javascript
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Void Director » Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:37 am

Both max and min are in the standard Math and would otherwise be quite trivial to implement. I am more concerned with the ramifications for balance created by making negative gold impossible than by the difficulty of implementing it. Anyhow I went ahead and did it.
Void Director

Postby BlueLight » Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:29 am

Void Director Wrote:Both max and min are in the standard Math and would otherwise be quite trivial to implement. I am more concerned with the ramifications for balance created by making negative gold impossible than by the difficulty of implementing it. Anyhow I went ahead and did it.

Well let me ask you this. Is your game balanced if someone could simply steal money that you do not have? It's not fun when the game does illogical and stupid things for illogical and stupid reasons. It's the same reason why you don't make a game built completely RNG elements.

Now if you added a debt or credit mechanic where you can have a negative gold value, then that would make sense to have negative money.

Now for some ideas.
Allow you to store money in the bar but have a risk of the bar getting robbed robbed hourly. Standard place might have a 1% chance of getting robbed every hour depending on popularity and defense.
Allow your succubus to spend a hour to do shopping to keep stocks, and this will use bar money.
You might want to limit the amount of of supplies succubi can carry per hour.
Assume you accept the storing gold idea, you should allow the players to decide a split ratio for gold given to bar, and player based gold earned while player was away.
We need a easier and simpler way of getting mana.
Might want to make a way to have bouncers like summoning imps? Imps that are weak willed to misbehaving succubi? Imps who like their summoners pussy if she so happens to be female.
Maybe allow humans to be hired, they wont misbehave like succubus, but will required gold as payment and will likely use your supplies without paying. They also likely wont preform as well.
What about food items?
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Next

Return to Creative Corner