Lust Town

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Lust Town

Postby SOLIDSNKE » Sun Apr 06, 2014 3:14 am

Hi there everyone,

I've been thinking about creating a game for a while and since I completly suck at programming, I thought RPG Maker would be the way to go. I was trying to create something original, but that's kina hard since there are so many stuff out there already so, I finally decided to come back to my first idea and "tweak" it a bit. But before I tell you more about the game, there are some things I'd like you to consider.

1. As I said, i know nothing about programming so I won't create any script, I'll use those i've found here and there.

2. English isn't my primary language so, there WILL be some (if not many) grammatical mistakes, and I won't use any fancy language. I'll do my best, but don't expect it to be perfect. Feel free to point out any mistakes I've made, there will be many.

3. I'm a crappy artist and can't draw for s**t. I'll just use some images from other games or other artist (and give credit where it's due) but I WON'T draw my own art. I'm going to modify some existing images and all but that's it. If you want to draw some or send my yours you're welcome to do so.

4. The game is FAR from being completed. In fact, there's pretty much nothing done yet. I'm working on the game for about 2 or 3 hours a day for now, I have a job and i'm studying too so... more than that is pretty much impossible.

5. Some of the map are pretty crappy right now but i'll work more on them when I'll get to that part of the game. Although mapping isn't my strong suit. Don't expect miracles.

More info on the Blog
Here's the blog link : http://lusttown.blogspot.ca/

EDIT (24/06/14) :

New Download Link for V1.02 : http://www.filedropper.com/lusttownv102
Last edited by SOLIDSNKE on Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
SOLIDSNKE

Re: Lust Town

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:56 am

Sounds very interesting. You might want to avoid biting off more than you can chew, but if you think you can handle the huge world you've got planned, I very much look forward to what you come up with!
Zeus Kabob

Postby SOLIDSNKE » Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:45 am

I know that sounds like a lot, but the good thing with that game is that I can easily tone it down if need be.
Making it a 25 days quest instead of a 50 days one, removing some girls, some dungeons since none of that would affect the story.
But i'll try to keep it that way and see if I can finish it ;)
SOLIDSNKE

Postby WonderGamer » Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:12 am

I have to thank you for providing screenshots, it's not something we see very often on these forums. Looking forward to a download link. ;)
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby SOLIDSNKE » Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:12 am

I Might add a download link for the small part I have done tomorrow, i'll see. But there's not much for now.
SOLIDSNKE

Postby Goblin » Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:54 pm

I'm gonna follow your progress, It's sounds like my type of game. I have my own rpg game and truthfully after you make one others start to bore you.
But your concept seem so fresh. I hope you're advance in RPG maker, 'cause even though it's an easy program, what you have in mind requires quite a work.

You have blog or anything that updates regularly? i'd like to know what to expect
Goblin

Postby SOLIDSNKE » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:02 am

I've been using RPG maker for some years already, beside scripting, I can do a lot with it and I'm pretty good with it too. I know that's donna be lots of work. I was thinking about making a blog to keep you guys updated, but since that's the first time I ever talk about the project, there's was no interest creating a blog before lol. I'll think about it, maybe i'll set something up in the near future.
SOLIDSNKE

Postby BlueLight » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:12 am

If you want to keep us updated, why not post it here?
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Darthan » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:05 am

Out of curiosity, which version of RPGMaker are you going to be using?
Darthan

Postby SOLIDSNKE » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:37 am

BlueLight Wrote:If you want to keep us updated, why not post it here?

I'll post the most important updates here but since i don't want to flood, I'll create a Blog where i'll keep track of pretty much anything.

Darthan Wrote:Out of curiosity, which version of RPGMaker are you going to be using?

I'm using RPG Maker VX Ace
SOLIDSNKE

Postby BlueLight » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:23 pm

Will this be open source?
BlueLight

Postby SOLIDSNKE » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:09 pm

BlueLight Wrote:Will this be open source?

I'm open to suggestions but no, it won't
SOLIDSNKE

Postby BlueLight » Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:33 pm

SOLIDSNKE Wrote:
BlueLight Wrote:Will this be open source?

I'm open to suggestions but no, it won't

>_> well that's a bummer.
BlueLight

Postby SOLIDSNKE » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:20 am

I'm open to collaboration, but I just don't want anyone to modify the game as they please, it,ll be a lot of work and I wouldn't want everyone to mess with it, that's all. If i ever finish it (I really want to but let's be honest here, most of these games never see the light of day), I might think about it.
SOLIDSNKE

Postby Goblin » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:40 pm

I don't know how far the demo goes. Pretty awesome from what i saw, I really like the style
But seems like some graphics are missing, Maybe they're in your RTP folder and you didn't put them in your game folder before compressing
Goblin

Postby SOLIDSNKE » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:46 pm

Goblin Wrote:I don't know how far the demo goes. Pretty awesome from what i saw, I really like the style
But seems like some graphics are missing, Maybe they're in your RTP folder and you didn't put them in your game folder before compressing

That's possible, I took a lot of images out of the folder to lighten the download, tell me where you spotted some missing graphics and I'll see. I thought I put all those I needed but I might have forgot some.
SOLIDSNKE

Postby Goblin » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:44 am

-Graphics/Characters/!cars2 when you go to the balcony
-Graphics/Faces/!Sven-1 -When you speak to the guy in the portal
I added some empty .png so i could play, But seems like the snake boss sucks more hp than the damage i cause him.
I'll try different tactic next time. I drained dominic MP before even reach him and i'm a mage, So i kinda screw it from the beginning
Goblin

Postby HardcoreMeth » Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:40 am

Whenever I try to extract the files, it fails and stops after Audio.
HardcoreMeth

Postby SOLIDSNKE » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:40 pm

Goblin Wrote:-Graphics/Characters/!cars2 when you go to the balcony
-Graphics/Faces/!Sven-1 -When you speak to the guy in the portal
I added some empty .png so i could play, But seems like the snake boss sucks more hp than the damage i cause him.
I'll try different tactic next time. I drained dominic MP before even reach him and i'm a mage, So i kinda screw it from the beginning

Ok I just made the corrections for the Images problems, as for the snake boss I'll have a look, when I tested the game, I did it as a Thief, but maybe you were a bit low-level for that place. I tried that boss as a Mage in the battle test and I'll admit he was harder than intended, I made a few adjustment to both Sven and the "Mage" skills.

First, Dual Burn deals more damages, I just realized it was weaker than a thief's normal attack and I want the mage to deal the most damages. Also, the Hymn of Health anlo grants some MP and a chance to leave an MP regen effect.
SOLIDSNKE

Postby SOLIDSNKE » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:44 pm

HardcoreMeth Wrote:Whenever I try to extract the files, it fails and stops after Audio.

Maybe something went wrong with the download, someone else have the same problem ?
SOLIDSNKE

Next

Return to Creative Corner