Ghost Princess [HTML Twine game]

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Ghost Princess [HTML Twine game]

Postby Melphy » Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:16 am

I've been lurking on these forums on and off for ages, so since I've actually gotten around to starting my own game (Well, more of a short choose your own adventure for the moment) I figured I should share as I have been shared to in the past. It does contain a male to female transformation for the main character, so if that's a deal breaker, you might not be all that into it, but I know a lot of interest around here has been towards seeing female protagonists being screwed silly, and you'll certainly have that option as the game goes on.

Right now, there's just the prologue, but it's something like 19-20 pages of text, something like 30 if you include all the coding that goes into it, I'll be updating here whenever there's a major update, but if you want to see about minor things like bug fixes and grammar patches, you'll have to watch here:

http://melphiessvice.blogspot.com/

Where you'll also find the download links. If you see something you like, tell me about it! That way I can try to fit more of it in. See something that's broken, oddly written, or straight up doesn't work? Tell me about that too so I can fix it. Otherwise I just hope you enjoy yourself on the little romp I've created so far.
Melphy

Re: Ghost Princess [HTML Twine game]

Postby Ayeka » Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:52 pm

Text game? Not even one picture for page? No thanks.
Ayeka

Postby BlueLight » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:22 pm

Melphy Wrote:I've been lurking on these forums on and off for ages, so since I've actually gotten around to starting my own game (Well, more of a short choose your own adventure for the moment) I figured I should share as I have been shared to in the past. It does contain a male to female transformation for the main character, so if that's a deal breaker, you might not be all that into it, but I know a lot of interest around here has been towards seeing female protagonists being screwed silly, and you'll certainly have that option as the game goes on.

Right now, there's just the prologue, but it's something like 19-20 pages of text, something like 30 if you include all the coding that goes into it, I'll be updating here whenever there's a major update, but if you want to see about minor things like bug fixes and grammar patches, you'll have to watch here:

http://melphiessvice.blogspot.com/

Where you'll also find the download links. If you see something you like, tell me about it! That way I can try to fit more of it in. See something that's broken, oddly written, or straight up doesn't work? Tell me about that too so I can fix it. Otherwise I just hope you enjoy yourself on the little romp I've created so far.

Ya i personally don't normally go to blogs to download games. if i think the game is cool i'll check the blog
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby FMC » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:39 am

From what I read, it's pretty cool, even without pictures. I'll definitely be watching this game. BTW, I think one of the pages says you have a coding error in the choice.
FMC

Postby moonblack » Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:38 pm

Well, I gave the game a try. So far only one bug seen:
You just barely managed to pull yourself away in time before his thick seed burst from the head of his cock, turning aside, the gray-black demonic seed gushing out, spurting past you, splashing your shoulder and breasts as he grasped his orgasming cock, stroking it, pointing it at your chest.

"Mmnnhh... Yes... Yes! Feel that... Pouring on to you, drench yourself... With my seed!" He cried lustily, and though you did your best to avoid a majority of his release, still, his dark seed soaked into the rags that remained of your clothing, and splattered against your flesh.

After a time, the... Spurting ceased, and the demon is left panting over you. You pulled away, glaring up at him, the thick liquid seeming to vanish from your form, dripping to the ground... Or perhaps soaking into your body.

<<if>> bad condition: missing ; before statement

One thing I don't like is that some options appear only after a few seconds have passed, but - as far as I saw - there's zero indication there might be more options than what is initially displayed.

Also, some explanation about the options "Rewind" and "Bookmark" would be nice. What does Bookmark do, exactly? And when does Rewind work? It obviously doesn't work on the bugged, as it produces an error there:
Sorry to interrupt, but this story's code has got itself in a mess (TypeError: state.history[a].passage.excerpt is not a function). You may be able to continue playing, but parts of the story may not work properly.

On other pages it worked just fine, so it might be just that one page, or might be due to me using the "Back" option of my browser to go and try some of the other options.

So far it seems promising, so I'll keep an eye on this... story? game?
moonblack

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:24 am

I freakin' love text based smut when it's good, so I'm going to check out your project when I have time to.

I hope your project goes well! :)
~ZK
Zeus Kabob

Postby moonblack » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:24 am

Version 1.11, when checking my status:
You're currently ‌starting to feel a bit warm. You're not properly aroused yet, but you can feel that heat growing in you‌‌, and lately you find you're ‌becoming aroused incredibly easily.‌‌ Also, you have found that since becoming a woman you've ‌really not been enjoying yourself, and you're finding the whole experience generaly unpleasant‌‌‌‌‌ and you don't need any guys trying to convince you otherwise‌‌‌. can't find matching endif‌You've stopped really caring about whether you're a man or a woman. Or if your partners are men or women. The simple fact is, your body is sensuous, lusty, needy and capable, and you'll take any partner willing to help you sate your desires‌Your gender identity is a bit confused lately; you think you're still a man, but your body is so incredibly female it's distracting, ‌‌and it's making both women and men seem attractive to you‌‌‌HTML tag 'endif' wasn't closed.>. ‌When you were changed, Reggar Tholtok seemed to place extreme urges in your body, but you haven't let them control your actions or get you to do anything too shameful yet‌‌.

If you decide to examine your body, specifically your breasts:
You swallowed hard as you brought your hands up to your oversized bust. It proves entirely too accessible through your shredded garment, and, worse, entirely too eager to be touched, even by your own cautious fingers. Even the most cautious of examinations, feeling their size, tracing their considerable volume, starts heat building between your legs, but there's something else, too. A strange, tingling sensation just below the surface of your breasts... It's hard to focus on, as you feel your nipples start to harden, as your hands seem to want to squeeze your breasts all the more eagerly, can't find matching endifbut you think you can focus enough to figure it out.

Well, unless you think you'd rather just play with yourself
but you think you can focus enough to figure it out.

Well, unless you think you'd rather just play with yourself

And yes, the options are shown twice, it's a not a mistake when copying the text.

Depending on what you did before getting to that page the exact text and options might be different, but it's definitely bugged.
moonblack

Postby Melphy » Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:49 am

I'd like to apologize to anyone who has contaminated their computer with the 1.11 update. As I mentioned in my blog post, I didn't have a lot of time to bug test it, and rushed it out the door, and it was fetid, buggy PoS because of it. Most (and hopefully all) of those bugs have been hammered flat, a few grammar/spelling things have been touched up, and Alpha version 1.15 exists now. It is much, much better and shouldn't have any obvious errors. It also comes with a front end warning about the timers, and a working system to let you mess with them. Still not really a "full" update, but at the very least I thought I should spread the word after what a mess 1.11 was.
Melphy

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:39 am

So I'm getting the following error when I try to run this through Firefox:

Sorry to interrupt, but this story's code has got itself in a mess (SecurityError: The operation is insecure.). You may be able to continue playing, but parts of the story may not work properly.

End result is just a flatout black screen.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Melphy » Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:45 am

Huh, I'll admit, I haven't tested it in Firefox, only Chrome and Internet Explorer, I hate to say it, but I have no idea what I can do about that, have you tried to see if other Twine stories work with your version of Firefox? I ask only because I don't think I've done anything outlandish with the code, so it could be an issue between the Twine's HTML coding and your Firefox. If it isn't, uhm, well I'll head to the Twine forums and ask if it's just a problem with my work, see if they have any advice.
Melphy

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:06 am

Well FF is pretty strict with what it allows. One of the biggest annoyances I have with it is that it's constantly disabling my plugins when an exploit is reported (Java being the biggest one). I expect it might be fine in IE, but I have to wonder when you previously said something about an older version infecting peoples computers...

WonderGamer

Postby Darthan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:46 am

WonderGamer Wrote: I have to wonder when you previously said something about an older version infecting peoples computers...

I am pretty sure that he wasn't being literal when he said that. I am pretty sure that he just meant that the release was terribly buggy and not up to his standards an that is what he was apologizing for. He was just being dramatic when he apologized to people that "contaminated" their computer's with the 1.11 update.
Darthan

Postby Melphy » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:14 am

That is, in fact, the correct interpretation. The A1.11 release was incredibly buggy, and even though it had all the code for the added content in it, because of just how buggy it was, none of that content could even be reasonably accessed. Toss in the fact that it actually broke some things that were working before, and made like 25% of the available passages throw errors even when they did work, I found it to be a pretty trash update. Any threat of "Contamination" however was just of the "Having a buggy piece of garbage" on your hard drive, not of the "ARGH VIRUSES AND BAD STUFF!" sort.

Speaking of updates and stuff, though, I am working on the Alpha 2 update, which should encompass the entire farmhouse (or close to it), though it's taking a bit longer since, well, I think it'll over double how long the game is, and include like 5 or so major routing options, and (sort of) two potential endings. Of course, I'm paying the price for placeholdering various things during the initial design because, SURPRISE, it means I have to code them over the course of the next 2-3 updates. I'm especially not looking forward to the inventory readout, but I shouldn't have to do that for a little bit yet, so at least it won't slow down this release.

For those too lazy to read paragraphs in a forum post: No, 1.11 wasn't virused. Yes Alpha 2 is still being worked on. Melphy out!
Melphy

Postby Nice and Blue » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:45 pm

You should make anonymous post available on your blog, not everyone has an account on something to post there.
Nice and Blue
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby kvier » Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:33 am

WonderGamer Wrote:So I'm getting the following error when I try to run this through Firefox:
Sorry to interrupt, but this story's code has got itself in a mess (SecurityError: The operation is insecure.). You may be able to continue playing, but parts of the story may not work properly.
End result is just a flatout black screen.
I fought with firefox's debugger for a bit to figure out what was broken. It's a problem with localStorage.

If you want to modify your copy to get it to work with firefox, you'll need to add a try{}catch(e){} around the pertinent bit. Unfortunately, they minified the javascript so it's harder than it should be to describe how to fix it, but:
Search for this:
Code: Select All Code
this.prefix="Twine.Untitled Story."}for(i in window.localStorage)
replace it with this:
this.prefix="Twine.Untitled Story."}try{for(i in window.localStorage)

and then search for this:
catch(e){}}}},expire:null,prefix:null
and replace it with this:
catch(e){}}}}catch (e){}},expire:null,prefix:null

This gets it to work at all in Firefox, albeit without the ability to use the "back" button to go to the previous pages in the story.
kvier

Postby WonderGamer » Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:02 am

I don't know a thing about coding these kinds of games, so I'll wait for an update & try playing it in IE instead (I prefer running standalone flash apps in IE anyways). Thanks for looking into the issue, much appreciated! ;)

WonderGamer

Postby gravifan89 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:04 am

Aw, I love Twine games! I will be checking this out, don't worry.
gravifan89

Postby Anon21 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:44 am

Cool start. I've been planning a TWINE game with transformation aspects for a while, so you've given me a standard to aim for. :)

The 'timer related options' make for an interesting twist. I'll be keeping an eye on developments.

P.S. You might want to submit to
http://www.tfgamessite.com/
when you're written a bit more.
Anon21

Return to Creative Corner