2 Months in the Life Of Joanne (Project Planning)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

2 Months in the Life Of Joanne (Project Planning)

Postby Onyxdime » Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:00 pm

Hi everyone,

I've decided to get RPG Maker VX Ace and create a game set in the modern world. It will begin with the main character arriving in a new city to look for work and cover a two month time period from when she first arrives in the city, to day 60 when you will receive an ending depending on how you did. The game will feature plenty of h-scenes, as well as ways to try and avoid the h-scenes. I am hoping to include a few different houses of different qualities that you can rent, as well as several different jobs you can choose to earn money from.

As I have never created a game with RPG Maker VX Ace before I thought it would be best to come to people who have experience using it and ask a few questions about game design.

It would be much appreciated if you could provide me with some direction, or help me formulate a plan. At the minute it is looking like this:

-Map
-Sounds
-Houses
-Other buildings
-Careers
-Events
-Endings
-Gallery Mode
-CG's for h-scenes? (debating adding this one as I'm prefer descriptive writing to art.)
-Characters and dialogues
-A blog to release a demo, and provide updates on progress.
-Finally, I'd like to sell the finished game via dlsite.

I'm hoping for a February 2015 release date, with the majority of the work being done from August-October.

Are there any glaring holes in my plan that you notice? (There is more detail for houses/h-events/careers etc. but I'm keeping that mostly private until the demo/game is released.)

Thanks,

Onyxdime
Onyxdime

Re: 2 Months in the Life Of Joanne (Project Planning)

Postby hoboy » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:20 am

My quicky input would be to get the overall plot/storyline planned out so you know where you need the resources. While not a developer myself, I know projects and without a plan (or a skeleton of one) upfront energy and time will be wasted...Get your your path(s) to your goal mapped out and then fill in the blanks...
hoboy

Return to Creative Corner