Arena Game

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Arena Game

Postby moonblack » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:16 am

I have seen negative damage a few times:
Witch points her hand Witch draining their lifeforce. Witch's tendrils strike Witch deflecting Witch' attack and draining Witch's lifeforce Witch takes 5.75 damage. Witch takes -0.50 damage. Witch gains -0.5 hp

Paladin unleashes his retribution upon Witch . Witch's tendrils strike Paladin deflecting Paladin' attack and draining Paladin's lifeforce Paladin takes 5.75 damage. The power of Paladin's retribution grows by 5.75 damage. It now has 5.75 power. Witch takes -5.75 damage.

Is that how it's supposed to be?
moonblack

Postby Void Director » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:59 pm

Witches defense is meant to be a life absorbing counterattack. This basically means that the amount of damage she takes is equal to the amount of damage the enemy dealt to her minus the amount of damage her counterattack did back to them. If the enemies attack deals no damage (it looks like at the time its launched your paladins retribution has 0 power) then the witch gains life (takes negative damage) equal to the strength of her counterattack. The same is true in the first case where her counterattack is stronger than the initial attack.

I suppose I could make it so she cannot take less than 0 damage from an attack.
Void Director

Postby moonblack » Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 pm

Attacks that do negative damage seem really odd, so I'd say limiting the min damage to 0 is a good here.

Here's another odd thing I noticed:
Succubus hypnotizes Succubus puting them into a deep sleep.

Succubus is energy draining Witch Witch takes 37.50 damage. Succubus gains 18.75 hpSuccubus is sleeping and cannot take any action.

The enemy succubus put my succubus to sleep. Despite that my succubus continued to drain the enemy witch's life (and eventually fully drained her).
moonblack

Postby Void Director » Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:52 pm

moonblack Wrote:Attacks that do negative damage seem really odd, so I'd say limiting the min damage to 0 is a good here.

Fair enough.

Here's another odd thing I noticed:
Succubus hypnotizes Succubus puting them into a deep sleep.

Succubus is energy draining Witch Witch takes 37.50 damage. Succubus gains 18.75 hpSuccubus is sleeping and cannot take any action.

The enemy succubus put my succubus to sleep. Despite that my succubus continued to drain the enemy witch's life (and eventually fully drained her).

The only way to stop a lust finisher attack like energy drain at this point is to defeat one of the parties or bring the targets lust below 10x their willpower. There is really no good way to detect if the character doing the drain had a disabling status effect applied to them because the succubus's grapple is already a disabling status effect and it would just detect itself. I suppose I could fix this but it would not be trivial.
Void Director

Postby moonblack » Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Void Director Wrote:The only way to stop a lust finisher attack like energy drain at this point is to defeat one of the parties or bring the targets lust below 10x their willpower. There is really no good way to detect if the character doing the drain had a disabling status effect applied to them because the succubus's grapple is already a disabling status effect and it would just detect itself. I suppose I could fix this but it would not be trivial.

Well, it's not a huge problem, so if it is hard to fix leave it be.

Here are a couple of other issues that may or may not hard to fix:
1) The Elf's Fertility Rite increases the Lust of all enemies, including the defeated ones.
2) The Elf's Fertility Rite can decrease the Elf's Willpower to below 0 (which also reduces her max Lust to below 0), but it does not result in her losing the will to fight.
moonblack

Postby Void Director » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:53 am

After some delay a new version is now up. Hopefully I did not scare everyone who was intrested in the game away witht he long lull.

Changelog
  • Added a main menu.
  • A few small bug fixes to characters.
  • New Character Selection UI.
  • Character selection is more responsive to different sized screens.
  • Story mode framework now in place.
You can read the full description at my blog http://www.adultrealms.com/arena-version-0-0-8/. You can play the new version at http://arena.adultrealms.com/.

Hopefully future versions should not take so long to come out. Its a manner of balancing school, succubus brothel and this game (and playing dwarf fortress).
Void Director

Postby Alaena » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:15 pm

The ninja is probably the sexiest one imo, would be cool if she had a lust move, but if making it competitive and balanced is the main priority, then ignore me lol
Alaena

Postby moonblack » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:08 pm

One small issue with Story mode: If the battle ends in a draw nothing happens. If you win the battle gets reset, so you can try again, but if it is a draw nothing happens:
Combat Log.

Defense Phase

Elf hides in the woods.

Combat Phase

Verion casts a spell and the sky glows red with flame.Elf ambushes Verion in the woods.Elf fires an arrow at Verion. Verion takes 18.00 damage. Elf takes 10.36 damage. Elf ambushes Verion in the woods.Elf fires an arrow at Verion. Verion takes 22.00 damage. Elf takes 13.21 damage. Elf ambushes Verion in the woods.Elf fires an arrow at Verion. Verion takes 5.00 damage. Verion was defeated. Elf takes 8.64 damage. Elf was defeated.

End Phase

The game ends in a draw.
moonblack

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:01 pm

Oh man, I'm late.

Almost a month late.

The topic has passed, but on the topic of the witch being able to drain life with her counterattack, I'd just have preferred the phraseology to change.

Instead of saying she took negative damage, which makes sense but sounds exceedingly strange, I'd prefer it to just say that she gained that amount of hp.
A life-draining defence certainly should put the witch AHEAD in hp if the attack is too weak to overcome it.
[/Discussion from March.]

...WELP, SUCKS TO BE LATE SOMETIMES.
Lucky777

Postby Void Director » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:12 am

Alaena Wrote:The ninja is probably the sexiest one imo, would be cool if she had a lust move, but if making it competitive and balanced is the main priority, then ignore me lol

Currently each character has four abilities (techniques + spells). I want to try to keep this pretty consistent between characters for balance and such. While I do like the idea of sexy ninjas I don't think a single lust ability would be very useful to ninjas as the currently stand. Perhaps in the future I will raise the ability count and give ninja some lust based abilities.

moonblack Wrote:One small issue with Story mode: If the battle ends in a draw nothing happens. If you win the battle gets reset, so you can try again, but if it is a draw nothing happens:

Your right I had totally forgotten about handling draws in story mode. I suppose I will count them as a loss (it would be a bit odd to advance the plot when your party is wiped out).

Lucky777 Wrote:Oh man, I'm late.

Almost a month late.

The topic has passed, but on the topic of the witch being able to drain life with her counterattack, I'd just have preferred the phraseology to change.

Instead of saying she took negative damage, which makes sense but sounds exceedingly strange, I'd prefer it to just say that she gained that amount of hp.
A life-draining defence certainly should put the witch AHEAD in hp if the attack is too weak to overcome it.
[/Discussion from March.]

...WELP, SUCKS TO BE LATE SOMETIMES.

This would also be a legit solution, however I already made it so that witches counter can at most reduce the damage to zero. If this turns out to be too weak (which I doubt, witches defense is still pretty strong) then I will make it able to heal her with the new phrase.
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:46 am

New version (0.0.9) is up. Full details are here.

Changelog
  • Characters will now be assigned random non-overlapping names for battles in order to prevent confusion with multiple characters of the same type.
  • A draw in story mode is now counted as loss.
  • Added a new Favicon.
  • Title now uses an image.
  • Fixed a CSS bug where the continue button in character selection could become hidden on lower width screens.
  • Enervate cost reduces from 5 ap to 4 ap.
  • Witches defense factor reduces from 2 to 1.8.

I am also writing the plots for story mode. I have began writing the elf story although its still quite incomplete. Unfortunately I am not entirely confident at my skill at creative writing.
Void Director

Postby moonblack » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:19 pm

There's a bug in the new version that happens after you win a battle in story mode:
Bug1.JPG
Bug1.JPG (22.88 KiB) Viewed 2633 times

The result is that enemies do not have the correct starting stats, like this:
Bug2.JPG

Notice how both elves have 0 Lust and Max Health (in addition, one of them was not assigned a name)?

After winning this battle the same bug occurred when I met the wizards. All three of them had the name Wizard, max Health and no Action Points. In the previous version the middle of the three would start with 80 Health and 4 Action Points.

The bug happens with Firefox 28.0. I haven't tried other browsers.
moonblack

Postby Void Director » Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:06 pm

moonblack Wrote:There's a bug in the new version that happens after you win a battle in story mode ...
The result is that enemies do not have the correct starting stats, like this ...
The bug happens with Firefox 28.0. I haven't tried other browsers.

Thanks for the detailed bug report. It looks like the list of used character names was not being properly cleared after each round in story mode. This caused the game to enter an infinite loop as it looked for an unused character name and they were all taken. I uploaded a patch so it should be fixed now.
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:07 pm

New version (0.1.0) is up full details here (along with a neater changlog).

Changelog
  • Most resources are now more optimized and preload. This should reduce page load times especially on high latency connections.
  • After finishing a round the player will now be presented with one or more buttons representing post game actions they can take.
  • Players will now be able to see the wining move of the game.
  • Story mode can now display a block of text after each event as well as before.
  • Credits and Multiplayer menu buttons are now disabled until those features are implemented.
  • Ninja damage random factor changed from 1d20 (ev ~10.5) to 2d8 (ev ~9)
  • Wizard shield DR increased from 60% to 66%
  • Reduced cost of Ecstatic Dreams to 3ap
  • Succubus's defense factor increased from 1.75 (~42% dr) to 1.75 + attackers'lust / 50 (taken
  • after the succubus defenses lust increase giving a minimum factor of 2.05 (~51% dr) which increases as lust increases.
  • Succubus Attack now absorbs (2d6 + prw + defender lust)/15 of three random stats. (Damage to willpower is reduced to 25% of damage to any other stat).
  • Characters defeated by Elven Domination will now apply a slave buff to the elf. This buff has magnitude equal to the defeated characters health at the time of their death. It heals the elf by 2d6 hp per turn and blocks damage (reducing its magnitude) that would be dealt to her.
  • Ai now attempts to increase lust (although it still makes health a higher priority)
  • AI will now include some status effects in its evaluation (causing it to use lust finishers)

You can play the new version at http://arena.adultrealms.com
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:57 am

New version 0.1.1 is out. You can read the full details here

Changelog
  • Lust now reduces damage delt by a character by the log of their lust. Eg having 100 lust would reduce attack damage by a factor of 2.
  • Each attack now has a damage type associated with it. Damage types are physical, projectile, and magical.
  • Constiution, reflex and spirit will reduce damage from physical projectile and magical attacks respectivly.
  • The AI No longer cheats (it was an accident, I swear).
  • Optimized the way AI simulates future moves a bit. In my tests it runs in about 3 times faster now.
  • The damage dealt by Ninja's Assassinate ability is now capped at 85.
  • Assassinate now costs 7ap instead of 6.

You can play it here.
Void Director

Postby Void Director » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:55 am

New Version (0.1.2) You can read the full post here.

Changelog
  • Added the Incubus character type.
  • Added the Jester character type.
  • Added the ability to make more complicated scenarios in terms of gameplay (for example a scenario could be created in which the enemies have a special effect on them).
  • Added an intro level for incubus
  • Added a new harder level random stage for all characters.
  • Added placeholder middle and end scenarios for all characters.
  • Succubus standard attack now drains half as many stat points.
  • Paladin's mediate ability now reduces his lust by 4x will instead of 3x will. In addition it will now increase his will by 1 point (the will gain takes place after the lust reduction).

You can play it here.
Void Director

Postby moonblack » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:46 pm

Some bugs in the new version:
- The description of the Incubus' attack is incomplete
- There are no names for the Incubus character, resulting in messages like these:
makes a sexual advance on Sera . Sera gains 12.50 points of lust. gains 6.25 points of lust.

Kallen points her hand draining their lifeforce. 's spirit reduces the incoming damage by 7.5. takes 11.50 damage. Kallen gains 11.5 hp

Sera points her hand draining their lifeforce. 's spirit reduces the incoming damage by 7.5. takes 8.75 damage. Sera gains 8.75 hp

EDIT: A major bug with the new encounter: The results of each round are not displayed. Here's a screenshot:
Bug.JPG

As you can see several rounds have passed, the Incubus is dead and a Paladin is wounded, but the results of each round is not shown.
moonblack

Postby Void Director » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:49 pm

moonblack Wrote:Some bugs in the new version:
- The description of the Incubus' attack is incomplete

I can't believe I missed that, Fixed now.
- There are no names for the Incubus character, resulting in messages like these:

One of the names in his name list was apparently blank. Fixed now.

EDIT: A major bug with the new encounter: The results of each round are not displayed. Here's a screenshot:
As you can see several rounds have passed, the Incubus is dead and a Paladin is wounded, but the results of each round is not shown.

There was a broken status effect in that scenario and I had disabled the try/catch block. Should be fixed now.

I will post the patched version shortly after I make sure all is well (or at least these specific issues).

Thanks as always for the bug report.

Edit:
Patch is up. It took me awhile because the power went out. It should resolve most of the issues although I am still getting a few random "undefined" words in the middle of the log output on the new level. Its pretty minor though I will take another look at it latter.
Void Director

Postby moonblack » Tue May 13, 2014 5:51 pm

A couple of issues in the battle against a Witch and her Paladin slaves:
Rika ambushes Circle. Circle's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 5. Circle takes 23.00 damage. undefinedCircle's redirects 23.00 damage towards her slave Ganis. Ganis's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 7.5. Ganis takes 23.00 damage.

Kaede ambushes Circle. Circle's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 5. Circle takes 20.00 damage. undefinedCircle's redirects 20.00 damage towards her slave Ganis. Ganis's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 7.5. Ganis takes 20.00 damage.

Ruriko ambushes Circle. Circle's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 5. Circle takes 23.00 damage. undefinedCircle's redirects 23.00 damage towards her slave Ganis. Ganis's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 7.5. Ganis takes 23.00 damage.

Also in that battle:
Error running Kaede's turn

Circle points her hand Kaede draining their lifeforce. Kaede's spirit reduces the incoming damage by 5.25. Kaede takes 17.25 damage. Circle gains 17.25 hp

Lorn was defeated.

Emphasis mine. I tried using Assassinate on the Witch when that error occurred.

Using Assassinate a few turns later resulted in:
Kaede sneaks up on Circle and launches a percise strike at a critical momentCircle's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 5. Circle takes 50.00 damage. undefinedundefined

EDIT: Yep, using Assassinate on the Witch definitely screws something up. Jere's when two Ninjas use it in the same turn:
Error running Kirari's turn

Kaede sneaks up on Circle and launches a percise strike at a critical momentCircle's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 5. Circle takes 50.00 damage. Circle's redirects 50.00 damage towards her slave Lorn. Lorn's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 7.5. Lorn takes 50.00 damage. undefined

Using Flurry of Arrows also results in "Error running <charactername>'s turn" error message in that battle.
moonblack

Postby Void Director » Fri May 16, 2014 1:12 am

moonblack Wrote:A couple of issues in the battle against a Witch and her Paladin slaves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Rika ambushes Circle. Circle's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 5. Circle takes 23.00 damage. undefinedCircle's redirects 23.00 damage towards her slave Ganis. Ganis's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 7.5. Ganis takes 23.00 damage.

Kaede ambushes Circle. Circle's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 5. Circle takes 20.00 damage. undefinedCircle's redirects 20.00 damage towards her slave Ganis. Ganis's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 7.5. Ganis takes 20.00 damage.

Ruriko ambushes Circle. Circle's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 5. Circle takes 23.00 damage. undefinedCircle's redirects 23.00 damage towards her slave Ganis. Ganis's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 7.5. Ganis takes 23.00 damage.

Also in that battle:
Error running Kaede's turn

Circle points her hand Kaede draining their lifeforce. Kaede's spirit reduces the incoming damage by 5.25. Kaede takes 17.25 damage. Circle gains 17.25 hp

Lorn was defeated.

Emphasis mine. I tried using Assassinate on the Witch when that error occurred.

Using Assassinate a few turns later resulted in:
Kaede sneaks up on Circle and launches a percise strike at a critical momentCircle's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 5. Circle takes 50.00 damage. undefinedundefined

EDIT: Yep, using Assassinate on the Witch definitely screws something up. Jere's when two Ninjas use it in the same turn:
Error running Kirari's turn

Kaede sneaks up on Circle and launches a percise strike at a critical momentCircle's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 5. Circle takes 50.00 damage. Circle's redirects 50.00 damage towards her slave Lorn. Lorn's constiution reduces the incoming damage by 7.5. Lorn takes 50.00 damage. undefined

Using Flurry of Arrows also results in "Error running <charactername>'s turn" error message in that battle.
Thanks for the bug report. I will look into these errors.
Void Director

Previous

Return to Creative Corner