Sort of Art, Stuff, and Boobs

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Sort of Art, Stuff, and Boobs

Postby Sismicious » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:09 pm

Hello there,
and yeah, this is my first post. And no, I'm not new to this forum. I just had to recreate an account, but I follow the LoK community for a few years.
So, basically, the major problem I had with the Krystal flash games were the bodies, which always seemed weird to me. And proportions were weird too. But I don't blame anybody, Playshapes has done something amazing and we'll all agree on that.
Ok ok, I'll just stop writing and skip to what you came for. I drew for myself a modelsheet I could use to recreate some of the LoK characters so they could be animatable. I don't think 1 view (side view) is enough to have a decent animatable character, and juicy sex poses. So I'd like to try something with not two or three, but four views.

I made a quick modelsheet and indicated how many big parts they have.
And then decided to try it on Zelda in a very very quick sketch.
Tell me your feelings about it, comments are welcomed.

modelsheet.jpg

modelsheet_parts.jpg

modelsheet_zelda.jpg
Sismicious

Re: Sort of Art, Stuff, and Boobs

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:21 am

My goodness! Welcome to the forum, and I'm quite impressed by your work!

I'm excited to see what more you can come up with. :)
Zeus Kabob

Postby [Brand_Name] » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:43 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:My goodness! Welcome to the forum, and I'm quite impressed by your work!

I'm excited to see what more you can come up with. :)

I second this. Very very very well done; I love how you've done her hips.
[Brand_Name]

Postby Sismicious » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:28 pm

Thank you :)
I remade the body because I just explored some .fla Playshapes left and fell in love with his girls from the new Bowser castle. So I decided to redraw the body with his propotions as reference. What do you think? It's really important to me to fix this part, because everything coming next will be based on it. So if someone realize I made a huge mistake, I will probably cry alone in the dark.
Don't focus too much on the details, it's a quick sketch ;)

Mdlsheet 2.jpg
Sismicious

Postby Borkenone » Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:42 pm

Impressive!
Borkenone

Postby NoContest » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:52 am

i would say i like your original proportions a lot! because it something different on this forum and seeing someone with their own art style always gets me excited for their work! maybe add playshapes boobs to your Zelda.
NoContest
Newly Registered

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:12 pm

If you're looking for critique, I might be the guy for you.

Things I noticed about your model:

The occipital protuberance (back the the skull) is proportionally very small. On this model I like it, but it's something to consider when shading and coloring, as it can easily fall into the uncanny valley.

The butt on the profile has a distinctive fold where the thighs start. (maybe this is why so much work was put into Bayonetta's ass) This might disappear with the coloring and whatnot, but during animations it could become an issue.

Love love LOVE the butt and great use of contrapposto on the 3/4 back model, but the head is turned too far. Turning it back about 15 degrees (maybe 20 or 25, I'm bad at eyeballing that kind of thing) would help her look straight forward.

The model facing the viewer looks excellent, but I think it breaks the style a bit. She looks like she's leaning too far forward compared to the rest of the views (profile in specific), maybe it's the shoulder angle?

All in all, it's absolutely excellent work. If these convert easily to vector models that can be animated, I'm quite impressed.

Oh and a couple things on Zelda: her lips look a tiny bit off to me, and her left shoulder looks like it's sitting too low.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Sismicious » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:06 pm

NoContest Wrote:i would say i like your original proportions a lot! because it something different on this forum and seeing someone with their own art style always gets me excited for their work! maybe add playshapes boobs to your Zelda.

Don't worry, as I said I just used Playshapes proportions, that's all.

Zeus Kabob Wrote:The occipital protuberance (back the the skull) is proportionally very small. On this model I like it, but it's something to consider when shading and coloring, as it can easily fall into the uncanny valley.

Got it, and modified it. I made a quick Peach sketch to show this could be easily disguised with hair. In fact, I think it has to be smaller so it won't interfer with hair or other elements during animation. For exemple, Playshapes models only have a face object, not even the skull. In general, I used some tricks thinking about animation, but you're right, realism should be considered, as I made the body parts with a realistic topology.
peachsketch.jpg

Zeus Kabob Wrote:The butt on the profile has a distinctive fold where the thighs start. (maybe this is why so much work was put into Bayonetta's ass) This might disappear with the coloring and whatnot, but during animations it could become an issue.

Oh ok, I just used it as a reference, but of course it will be much smoother when vectorized and cleaned.

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Love love LOVE the butt and great use of contrapposto on the 3/4 back model, but the head is turned too far. Turning it back about 15 degrees (maybe 20 or 25, I'm bad at eyeballing that kind of thing) would help her look straight forward.

Yeah, contraposto on women are the best ;). I just turned her head a bit so I could cheat on the whole body apparence, and make a good view of the back (butt), and a good view of her head, you know,just to see her nose or something sexy. But I changed it a bit too.

Zeus Kabob Wrote:The model facing the viewer looks excellent, but I think it breaks the style a bit. She looks like she's leaning too far forward compared to the rest of the views (profile in specific), maybe it's the shoulder angle?

I think it's due to the arms, which are in front of the whole body whereas they are in the middle of the legs in the side view. I made them in the foreground so I could draw them entierly. You'll see some body parts are crossing, or seem transparent, but it's just a way to see all my body line.

Zeus Kabob Wrote:All in all, it's absolutely excellent work. If these convert easily to vector models that can be animated, I'm quite impressed.

Oh and a couple things on Zelda: her lips look a tiny bit off to me, and her left shoulder looks like it's sitting too low.

Thanks mate!
About Zelda : everything on her is irrelevant now because she was based on my previous stylesheet ;)

And here is the new modelsheet :
Mdlsheet 2.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to say : these "extra" views (3/4 front & back, front & back) have just one fonction : to create more realistic sex poses. So, please see them more like detached body parts and legos blocks to create every pose you'll like. The basic Playshapes Krystal (or old Zelda, Peach or others) body cannot permit it. I have to say the tricks he used to create various sex scenes are pretty impressive, but has it's limits. That's why I decided to add some new possibilities. I'm a big fan of the 2D side view style and prefer the original LoK gameplay (mario-like), but adding some new body parts adds new opportunities.

Thanks again for your comments ;)
Next step : vectorizing body parts to see if everyting works in various poses :twisted:
Sismicious

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:19 pm

I'm excited! :D
Zeus Kabob

Postby Sismicious » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:29 pm

I've just made a quick vectorization to test some poses.
Some are from the original LoK game to see if it works. And it works pretty great to me!
I just have to add some hand & foot poses so everything is good, but I think the body parts are working enough to create more realistic poses.

Plus, remember this is only the nude body. As I'll do, Playshapes used some clothes or armor parts to hide bad junctions between two body parts. So, everything will be better with it ;)

Modelsheet_vect.jpg

tests2.jpg
Sismicious

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:24 pm

Wow nice stuff ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Zeus Kabob » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:07 am

Awesome! I'm psyched to see it with clothes on. :P
Zeus Kabob

Postby OmegaScales » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:42 am

Anyone else think the nipples look off? I know placement even on real people can vary, but I just think they look like they are on the sides of the boobs. Also, proportionally, I believe the legs or the neck might be just a bit too long. I tried using the arm span ≈ height trick, but I'm not completely sure of my approximations (finger length and heel to the ground height).
When the fiery moon rises and the frozen sun sets, then the war between good and evil shall come to an end. Until then I, the guardian of both heaven and hell, the keeper of destruction and bringer of peace, shall dream these lives to death and freedom.
OmegaScales

Location: In your head... oh my... your secrets are safe with me!

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:08 pm

Good catch Omega. The neck is definitely a little too long. The legs look fine to me, though the coloration makes them look slightly strange.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Woozel » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:33 am

Boobs look fine. The legs look fine. I think the neck is the right lenght but it is just too thin.
Woozel
Newly Registered

Postby FuzzFace » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:25 am

I'm blown away! I'm no good at all at anatomy measurements, but this tickles my fancy!
FuzzFace

Return to Creative Corner