New Krystal Project

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

New Krystal Project

Postby IrrelevantComment » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:31 am

Controls:
WASD to move, Space to interact (there will be a prompt in the top right of the screen)
1, 2, 3 etc to choose options in conversations; clicking does not work.
In battle, select an ability, then click the orange triangle above an enemies picture to attack. (Arrows and numbers 1 to 6 supported now too)

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Legend of Krystal.swf [ 1.1 MiB | Viewed 30615 times ]

Change log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

v0.2 - 2013/11/28
- Added space bar indicaor to the ui
- End battle screen
- Experience and levels implemented - sort of (levelling works but has no effect)
- Minor improvements to keyboard control in battles
- Enemies have movesets based on levels, top 6 moves picked for each enemy
- Fox character and shitty battle animation added
- Added a lot of functionality to conversations
- Can now switch levels, add and remove party members and play sex scenes within conversations easily
- Intro area created
- Intro dialogue added
- First sex scene added

v0.1 - 2013/09/20
- FIX: Player health is reset between battles to stop game crashing
- FIX: Fixed strange bug where moan sounds played on level transitions
- Portraits indicate death
- Keyboard control to battles
- Can pause battles with P

v0 - 2013/09/14

Obviously still a huge work in progress, so bear with me...
Last edited by IrrelevantComment on Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:12 am, edited 3 times in total.
IrrelevantComment

Re: New Krystal Project

Postby NeerHeer » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:43 pm

neat. It's kinda confusing what you can and can't do right now, because the Talk prompt pops up a lot
Does bunny need to slap a bitch?!

Due to my utter inability to produce anything of merit via drawing, animating, or scripting, I have to hang around and bother you guys. Are we having fun yet?
NeerHeer

Postby dakingcartoon » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:10 pm

hey, i have a suggestion. maybe add a item that allows breast expansion and lactation? i always wanted to see that in the LOK series. also, the futas from a certain version were also appealing. i don' t expect for these things to be added just cause i said, i just wanted to put in my 2 cents.
its a surname...
dakingcartoon

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:24 am

I'm liking this version. I'd definitely add some mouse control to it. It's so much easier on the player's end, in my opinion.
Terrantor!!!

Postby SebaKnight1 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:17 am

I know this is just a demo but there are two very noticeable bugs. One, when I leave the cave, I hear random sex moans. Two, when I try to do a rematch with the dude, my hp is at o and the game freezes for a bit and then it completely crashes.
SebaKnight1

Postby unnecessaryaccount » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:59 am

So far it managed to crash my flash plugin while I was figuring out how does the battle work at all...

And mouse control can be an option. I, personally, much prefer using the keyboard only and having to click with the mouse is uncomfortable.
unnecessaryaccount

Postby cultivator » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:38 pm

I agree with the keyboard only options, switching to mouse during combat would be kind of awkward. In any case excellent start. Did you do the Krystal art? It looks really good.
cultivator
Newly Registered

Postby IrrelevantComment » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:22 am

unnecessaryaccount Wrote:So far it managed to crash my flash plugin while I was figuring out how does the battle work at all...

And mouse control can be an option. I, personally, much prefer using the keyboard only and having to click with the mouse is uncomfortable.

Ah, seems I'm not resetting the health between battles so when you try the second time the computer doesn't know who to attack. Fixed, will upload tonight hopefully.

SebaKnight1 Wrote:I know this is just a demo but there are two very noticeable bugs. One, when I leave the cave, I hear random sex moans. Two, when I try to do a rematch with the dude, my hp is at o and the game freezes for a bit and then it completely crashes.

Well, I've fixed the first one by removing those sounds from the object they were on, but it was Flash being hella retarded and broken - still not sure what caused the sounds to play.

Terrantor!!! Wrote:I'm liking this version. I'd definitely add some mouse control to it. It's so much easier on the player's end, in my opinion.

I assume you mean when moving about in the world? I will try and add that for the next update.

Thanks for the feedback, been busy the past few days so only got around to working on it this morning. Today I'm going to try to add mouse and keyboard control to the world and battle respectively.
IrrelevantComment

Postby shadowrift » Wed Sep 18, 2013 11:48 pm

I try pressing WASD to move and nothing is happening
shadowrift

Postby AnotherArrow » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:48 am

Awwwww yeah... good ol' rpg action. Brings back memories of my AnotherTail v2. :)
AnotherArrow

Postby IrrelevantComment » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:56 pm

Turns out that that keyboard control I flippantly said I would do in a day involved remaking my entire UI and rewriting a few hundred lines of code. Still, I've added it in now, or at least I've implemented an early version of it. Currently you can use arrows and WASD to navigate menus and Space to select items. You can also use 1-6 to quick select targets and abilities (Numpad supported too).

Also, fixed the two bugs that were mentioned before.
IrrelevantComment

Postby SloppyJoe403 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:01 pm

I'm liking where this is going! :)
SloppyJoe403

Postby KingKaor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:28 pm

Neato. The character artwork is pretty good, and they fit with the environment artwork nicely. The combat system, while still very early, shows promise. Later down the line, you should add in a basic physical Attack option and give Krystal an energy/mana bar for her various spells and abilities. Personally, I'd like to see this become a pseudo-RPG, with things like random encounters, stats & leveling up, various items and outfits, extra people that tag along with Krystal and aid in battle, stuff like that. Also, an interesting way to implement sex scenes would be that, if you lose a battle, the enemy goes in for a "finishing blow", if you catch my drift. (Adding on to that, you could have an extra game mode where you can lose all you like, and nothing will happen. I know people would enjoy that.)
KingKaor

Postby IrrelevantComment » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:15 am

This isn't really an active project, but I've made some improvements over the last couple of months so I thought I would post an update. There's now a short animation and conversation at the start - it's not particularly great tbh, I'm not the best animator or writer and it was more to test out some features I programmed in.
IrrelevantComment

Postby [Brand_Name] » Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:16 am

Will you continue working on it?
Peace & Light
[Brand_Name]

Return to Creative Corner