Sadi's Hentai RPG - uploaded wrong game ver [23/5/13 update]

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Sadi's Hentai RPG - uploaded wrong game ver [23/5/13 upd

Postby AllenAndArth » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:49 am

did something changed from the last update?
AllenAndArth

Postby Kuragari » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:10 am

AllenAndArth Wrote:did something changed from the last update?

Not to my awareness.
Kuragari

Postby RussianUser » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:01 pm

Not bad. Nice game, but... But... It's a ethernal problem for this forum. This game as usual on this forum: "UNFINISHED"! :evil: Seriously, you don't tired of the "raw materials"?
Author, make first major of the game, please. Algorithm for moving monsters (with their power) is killing me and my nerves. Should not have to do: follow the algorithm is terrible at RPGs (even if appointed such an algorithm, be kind, to reduce their speed of movement, so Sonic does not run like the fucking skeletons in the tomb). Suppose that they move as a clock (back and forth, left and right, etc.). No, seriously, set up, and then exhibited at the game designers is not like an indie game: feature with versions is awful for ordinary people.

PS I hope you'll understand my "broken" English.

PSS(or PPS, never mind) who is the artist of sex scenes? I liked his style.
RussianUser

Postby UnLimiTeD » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:35 pm

If that wasn't an embodiment of just the behavoir I'm about to criticize, I'd say "Quit bitchin".

The forum, at the very least this subsection, is for people that enjoy creating, sharing, and debating games, not just for showing of finished work; There's not much to debate or suggestion on a finished game, this is the creative corner, not a sales network.
Even AAA productions nowadays often start with Closed Betas up to years before they are officially released, I think we should give people spending their free time with no return of investment at least the same freedom.
Given that the majority of those projects never reach a truly 'finished' state, the forum would be darn empty.
As this is apparently Sadis first game, mostly to show off his art, you can't expect any fancy third party scripts to circumvent the limitations of RPG maker, and given the help with writing he's asked for and gotten, one can assume the game would have never been finished in the way we'll be potentially calling it finished months from now, if he didn't post it here.
Edit: I apologize in advance if anyone takes offence in this post, as it was certainly not my intention to step on someone's toes.
UnLimiTeD

Postby RussianUser » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Damn it, damn it, DAMN IT!!! You do not know how to read? I mean: "make a basic part in game, then release it." basic part didn't made. I don't say:"game suck".

And now remember my words:"Game development never been a CREATIVE PROCESS!" Never! It's a bullshit, which talk only buttheads people. Nothing in these process not will be a CREATIVE. Nothing. Well, how you say about it:
1. Storyline: it's a structure, because she consists of: characters, they characteristics, conflints, complication, denouement, culmination and epilogue. Structured.
2. Arts: Proportions, style, light and shade, reflection and most difficult: a perspective. Structured.
3. Music: music is so hard to me to understand that I still do not understand the structure of the compositions. Beats, leads, bass, rhythm and many things, which should be considered when making music. Structured.
4. And main and last thing: programming. I can't say about script writing, that is a creative. Far from it. Structured.

All parts of Game Development have a base, structure. InDev games only supplementary items and mobs.

But the base of game is developed to the end and only then becomes a release. That's it-would be nice to say in the campaign in Starcraft reach the end of the map, move it abroad and see the writing on the screen: "Sorry, the game has no completed yet^-^"? I'm afraid not. The same thing here: hate to see the game without foundation(or base, how you explain, it's hard).

I hope, you understand,what I'm trying to say. GameDev is not funny. I know it on myself.
RussianUser

Postby Kuragari » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:45 pm

Ignore the guy who is having trouble with his English for the moment. I think he's trying to make a point, but if its in there I have no idea what it is.
Kuragari

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:27 am

RussianUser, the language barrier is totally preventing English speakers from understanding your point.

It is unfortunate, but you will probably have to learn a great deal more English before you can make yourself properly understood.

Whatever machine translator you may be using is not good enough, but that is not surprising, because machine translations are often incomprehensible.

To put it another way, which may PERHAPS be accurately translated even by a program:

"We cannot understand you; it's impossible."
Lucky777

Postby AllenAndArth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:26 am

I think that his point is that...a lot of games are unfinished, and some will never be finished...then again that's what I deduced of it
AllenAndArth

Postby RussianUser » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:34 am

I'll explain: there is no "backbone" in the games on this forum. Versions, updates - this all for "sandbox" games, there is no storyline and unfreedom of player in the game world. The developer simply adds the new to the game, fix bugs. Games with RPG genre and flash games it's not appropriate. Do you understand me now?
RussianUser

Postby AllenAndArth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:34 am

RussianUser Wrote:I'll explain: there is no "backbone" in the games on this forum. Versions, updates - this all for "sandbox" games, there is no storyline and unfreedom of player in the game world. The developer simply adds the new to the game, fix bugs. Games with RPG genre and flash games it's not appropriate. Do you understand me now?

then you're wrong...a lot of games have storyline, take overwhored for example, have gone to the blog and seen all the background made for the game...why would I want unfreedom on a RPG? The main attractive of the real RPG is that you have freedom, otherwhise it's just follow this, do that... in fps or games likes GOW it's fine but not RPG, it's like saying that FF13 is better than FF7
AllenAndArth

Postby RussianUser » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:36 am

That's not the case, free game world or not. My point is that the game piece by piece darn unacceptable.
For example, I decided to create a game, right?
I post it on this forum only menu of the game. That's all.
And wrote the following: "The update will be coming soon! ^ - ^"
And as the days, weeks, and months, as I write update. Other people know about it? No.
"What the crap? One menu? That's all? Where's the game?" Are all going to ask that.
And on this forum is almost the same, only it is the norm, for some reason.

Riveted to the core of the game, then release, and then upgrade. And people will be more pleasant to look at your creation.

I hope, you understand me now.
RussianUser

Postby Zodiark69 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:50 am

AllenAndArth Wrote:
RussianUser Wrote:I'll explain: there is no "backbone" in the games on this forum. Versions, updates - this all for "sandbox" games, there is no storyline and unfreedom of player in the game world. The developer simply adds the new to the game, fix bugs. Games with RPG genre and flash games it's not appropriate. Do you understand me now?

then you're wrong...a lot of games have storyline, take overwhored for example, have gone to the blog and seen all the background made for the game...why would I want unfreedom on a RPG? The main attractive of the real RPG is that you have freedom, otherwhise it's just follow this, do that... in fps or games likes GOW it's fine but not RPG, it's like saying that FF13 is better than FF7

FF13 is better than FF7. >.>
Zodiark69

Postby AllenAndArth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:35 am

Zodiark69 Wrote:
AllenAndArth Wrote:

FF13 is better than FF7. >.>

blasphemy! are you crazy FF7 is the best FF7 of them...maybe graphics is better...but it ends there
AllenAndArth

Postby Kuragari » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:58 pm

RussianUser Wrote:That's not the case, free game world or not. My point is that the game piece by piece darn unacceptable.
For example, I decided to create a game, right?
I post it on this forum only menu of the game. That's all.
And wrote the following: "The update will be coming soon! ^ - ^"
And as the days, weeks, and months, as I write update. Other people know about it? No.
"What the crap? One menu? That's all? Where's the game?" Are all going to ask that.
And on this forum is almost the same, only it is the norm, for some reason.

Riveted to the core of the game, then release, and then upgrade. And people will be more pleasant to look at your creation.

I hope, you understand me now.

Ah, I get what your saying. And first off, I'm going to tell you that while you are free to have your opinion, it can go fuck itself up its ass.

What RussianUser is trying to say is that he hates the fact that games here are started up as really tiny things, and then make small tiny incremental updates, with no clear indication that someday said game will ever be finished. He's saying that the people here should, if I'm understanding him correctly, make at least a part-way finished game that will take some time and effort to play through, and for the most part offers enough content and hard work that one can tell that person is intent on finishing it.

Thing is RussianUser, these are for the most part, not games being made for commercial sale. They are not being made by people who intend to sell them and make any sort of cash from them. These are people making H-Games for the heck of it, and they will work on the games when they have the time and ability to do so. They give us something to play with so we won't be bored and so they can gain feedback as they build the game. Plus, this way allows them to hunt down bugs faster, as making even half the game first and then letting people play through and test it, to find out that half the game is bugged and some bugs make it impossible to even progress through the rest of the game. Which then in of itself can slow development down as the game creator has to poor through tons of material to hunt down the bugs.

I personally have no problem with the way games are made on this forum, and I think most of the other users agree. Sorry that you don't like the tiny updates, but hey, they'll make the game how they wish and they'll present updates how they wish.
Kuragari

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:10 am

If that IS what he's saying, he could just solve the problem by not playing the games until they've reached somewhere, like I do.

For example, I haven't even played this one yet.

I can usually either deduce from the thread (or just plain guess based on tenuous evidence) when a game has reached an acceptable amount of content to justify a download.

Or I just shrug and play the like... 2 screens of stuff that was released if I'm curious enough, I guess.

But yeah, while it's an understandable enough mindset (if that IS the mindset he's displaying) the solution is patience.
Lucky777

Postby axmanjack » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:28 am

Russian User is trying to say that he's frustrated that none of the games he's so excited about ever get finished.
Russian User has hentai game blue balls.
Do not hate this man, or condemn him, for he is, in his frustration, emblematic of the truth of human condition. He has loved, albeit with conditions, but that love remains unrequited, unreturned by the object of his affections.
This burden of love weighed him down, and, broken and bent, he fell beneath the unyielding pressure of his heart's desire. He collapsed, crushed beneath it and, in a fit of rage, struck blindly in a flurry of words, merely wanting to break his fetters, but instead wounding those who would, in better times, have offered aid and succor in his time of need.
Do not hate this man. Do not suffer him your pity.
Do not scourge him with words or turn to him a cold shoulder.
For he is a mirror in which we see the worst in ourselves reflected.
Russian User is all of us.
Russian User... is you.
*Doff hat, exit thread*
axmanjack

Postby Kuragari » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:54 am

axmanjack Wrote:Russian User is trying to say that he's frustrated that none of the games he's so excited about ever get finished.
Russian User has hentai game blue balls.
Do not hate this man, or condemn him, for he is, in his frustration, emblematic of the truth of human condition. He has loved, albeit with conditions, but that love remains unrequited, unreturned by the object of his affections.
This burden of love weighed him down, and, broken and bent, he fell beneath the unyielding pressure of his heart's desire. He collapsed, crushed beneath it and, in a fit of rage, struck blindly in a flurry of words, merely wanting to break his fetters, but instead wounding those who would, in better times, have offered aid and succor in his time of need.
Do not hate this man. Do not suffer him your pity.
Do not scourge him with words or turn to him a cold shoulder.
For he is a mirror in which we see the worst in ourselves reflected.
Russian User is all of us.
Russian User... is you.
*Doff hat, exit thread*

Interesting, but there wasn't really a need for him to get all yelly preachy about it. He could have just said "Hey, why not get a quarter of the game done before releasing anything" and it would have annoyed me less.
Kuragari

Postby masakatsu » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:41 am

Well it would certainly help if we knew what kind of story you were actually going for.
masakatsu
Newly Registered

Postby UnLimiTeD » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:05 pm

I suppose that comes with the language problems.
I for once do not condemn him, I just disagree. As someone who in the past partook in professional game development, and who will readily apply for any closed alpha/tech test for any game mildly interesting, I have no problem with unfinished games.
I relish the chance to see mechanics develop, and I enjoy playing games purely based on the potential I see in them. As a lot of the games in this forum don't actually get finished, and there's not that much free content out there, I'm just happy to get what I do, and I probably enjoy it more than the pure existing content in itself would warrant.
Also, the thing about getting the base mechanics and a draft of early storyline down first runs into certain walls with these kinds of games;
They are based on RPG maker. What mechanics can they possibly have?
Dialogue with occasional choices, that in extreme cases may end up with up to four choices, but rarely ever more than two consequences.
Combat that works best if it's scarce; it's gotten repetitive in next to every game on these forums so far, and I don't blame the makers in the slightest for it.
Also, inventory management unconstrained by space or weight.
It works, it's sufficient to deliver story, character arcs, the hentai/smut most of us are after, the occasional challenge. But it's the basics.
This game, for once, was, as far as I can tell, originally more a means to get the pictures out there with some context than an approach at a deep story and intriguing combat system, in fact I seem to remember it wasn't planned to have combat at all. Now it does, and it's poorly working. Big whoop.
It'll get there, and I enjoy it for knowing it has that potential.

I dare say FF6 is better.
UnLimiTeD

Postby AllenAndArth » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:00 am

UnLimiTeD Wrote:I suppose that comes with the language problems.
I for once do not condemn him, I just disagree. As someone who in the past partook in professional game development, and who will readily apply for any closed alpha/tech test for any game mildly interesting, I have no problem with unfinished games.
I relish the chance to see mechanics develop, and I enjoy playing games purely based on the potential I see in them. As a lot of the games in this forum don't actually get finished, and there's not that much free content out there, I'm just happy to get what I do, and I probably enjoy it more than the pure existing content in itself would warrant.
Also, the thing about getting the base mechanics and a draft of early storyline down first runs into certain walls with these kinds of games;
They are based on RPG maker. What mechanics can they possibly have?
Dialogue with occasional choices, that in extreme cases may end up with up to four choices, but rarely ever more than two consequences.
Combat that works best if it's scarce; it's gotten repetitive in next to every game on these forums so far, and I don't blame the makers in the slightest for it.
Also, inventory management unconstrained by space or weight.
It works, it's sufficient to deliver story, character arcs, the hentai/smut most of us are after, the occasional challenge. But it's the basics.
This game, for once, was, as far as I can tell, originally more a means to get the pictures out there with some context than an approach at a deep story and intriguing combat system, in fact I seem to remember it wasn't planned to have combat at all. Now it does, and it's poorly working. Big whoop.
It'll get there, and I enjoy it for knowing it has that potential.

I dare say FF6 is better.

I agree with everything...almost...FF7 is still the best among the 3 of them said on the forum...the FF4 has always been the best of the FF series, the first time they used ATB in FF...and to finish, they have KAIN HIGHWIND he's the best hands down still...I can see your point FF6 we have MOG the first time we had the moogle appearing
AllenAndArth

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner