2.5d survival horror adventure. (Blender)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: 2.5d survival horror adventure. (Blender)

Postby xerina1221 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:44 pm

Any progress?
xerina1221
Newly Registered

Postby tentacleMonsters » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Well, not an awful lot to show yet. I ended up rewriting most of the animation system to allow for true random animations.I also fixed the hair issue. I've also done some research the best way to release a blender game to the public, working towards a possible playable demo to upload once I finish up some of the art content. (each sex scene needs like 6 animations, 3 for her, 3 for the monster. XD)
tentacleMonsters

Postby AllenAndArth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:21 am

is the game going to have a gallery?
AllenAndArth

Postby tentacleMonsters » Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:55 pm

The demo won't, but for later versions, I will probably end up doing what Mario is Missing does, where you can unlock things by screwing them in the game, or there will be a button you can click that unlocks everything.

Also, figured out that part of the property logic brick allows for copying a property from one object to another, which massively simplifies the animation system. I also finished up the first 2 sets of sex scene animations, as well as changed the camera so you can rotate around during the scene to get a better view ;)
tentacleMonsters

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:37 am

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to this, though I've never played a Blender game before nor do I even know what Blender is.
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby Maveric » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm

do you have an ETA on demo or release?
Maveric
Newly Registered

Postby AllenAndArth » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:40 pm

ArdenWolfwatcher Wrote:Sounds good. I'm looking forward to this, though I've never played a Blender game before nor do I even know what Blender is.

it's kind of like a side scrolling game and a 3D...
AllenAndArth

Postby BlueLight » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:21 am

AllenAndArth Wrote:
ArdenWolfwatcher Wrote:Sounds good. I'm looking forward to this, though I've never played a Blender game before nor do I even know what Blender is.

it's kind of like a side scrolling game and a 3D...

software to make 3d models
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby tentacleMonsters » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:39 pm

Sorry I've been silent for awhile, development has been pretty slow, due to some persistent ugly bugs, however I managed to squash those today, and the game is almost playable now. (just needs more content :p) I've made a lot of fairly minor changes to how various functions are done, and it should make it easier to add new things later.

I also tweaked the visual style some more, added a menu, and started trying to figure out how to build a standalone system for a demo release. Unfortunately, I have run into a bug with blender's game player that prevents me from releasing a standalone build until it's fixed. Now, I COULD upload the actual project files (it's open source after all) however, the process of actually playing it would be a bit more involved. basically, you would have to install blender, and run the game inside the editor. (this would allow you to make changes as well, if you know how to use blender).

Also, I have a question. Whereabouts would a person go about acquiring sounds for an adult game? I've considered recording the sound off of a sex video, but that's of questionable legality.

I also need to come up with a name for this thing, and so far I'm drawing a blank. Have any ideas?

Bonus pic, dynamic shadows, because I can. Also has the added benefit of making it so you can't see around corners.
Screen Shot 2013-07-02 at 2.21.17 PM.png
Dynamic shadows
tentacleMonsters

Postby UnLimiTeD » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 pm

I always found it quite comical when the player character is the only light source.
That aside, obviously looks neat.
UnLimiTeD

Postby cereburn » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:58 am

obviously not enough or likely even the right kind of sounds, but I did a search for sex soundboard and got this

http://www.soundboard.com/sb/dwntwncolnbrwn

You could also look for sounds from amateur videos, those may not be licensed.
cereburn

Postby ArdenWolfwatcher » Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:24 am

So how's it going so far?
ArdenWolfwatcher

Postby Red.Sheer » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:42 am

(...)
Last edited by Red.Sheer on Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Staff member ---- Loyal follower of the Lolsheep
Red.Sheer

Postby tentacleMonsters » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:55 am

I've been working on it off and on. Not a lot of progress to show just yet, beyond finished up animations.

I'm still trying to puzzle out how the actual game mechanics are going to work. Once I solve that, I should be able to make some more headway.

In the meantime, I may put up a demo that just has the walking around and some animations, just so you can get a feel for the kind of game it's going to be.

Cheers
tentacleMonsters

Postby ElPresidente » Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:58 am

DO EEET.
ElPresidente

Postby N1GHTM4R3 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:58 am

Yeah, this game looks like it'll be a pretty good game. There aren't too many 3D games on this site, and I think even if you just have the character walking around, and a few animations, it'll go a long way to proving you at least have some commitment to the game. Too many people on here start things, and don't finish them. Which I mean I understand, it is a lot of work.
N1GHTM4R3

Postby Terrantor!!! » Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:19 am

Just out of curiosity, where did u learn to code blender. I can't find a substantial tut online. Also a good anatomy site, I for one am having trouble modeling joints and distal appendages.
Terrantor!!!

Postby tentacleMonsters » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:41 pm

I've been learning blender on my own for a very long time (10+ years), However there is a good general guide called blender noob to pro, which should guide you through generally getting better at using blender. (you should be able to find it fairly easily)

For the human models I am using, I actually cheated. I used a program called makehuman, which can be used to create human meshes and export them to blender (including the skeleton you use to animate it)
http://www.makehuman.org/
tentacleMonsters

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:14 am

tentacleMonsters Wrote:I've been learning blender on my own for a very long time (10+ years), However there is a good general guide called blender noob to pro, which should guide you through generally getting better at using blender. (you should be able to find it fairly easily)

For the human models I am using, I actually cheated. I used a program called makehuman, which can be used to create human meshes and export them to blender (including the skeleton you use to animate it)
http://www.makehuman.org/

Cool! Well I know a site where a guy makes pretty good erotic models cheap lemme know if interested I'll show you the site.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Zikare » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:07 pm

Hey, that looks nice! And the enemies you've planned are right up my alley :)

I had considered Blender Game Engine for a game of mine, too, but got scared about Python scripting (got a good grasp of C++, C# and Java, but no dynamically typed languages yet). I'd love to hear about your experiences with it.
H-game developer. Development blog. Games: Image (3D tentacle/beast platformer), more to come!
Zikare

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner