Dead Space: Frequency

Re: Dead Space Sex Game

Postby Videl Lover » Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:26 am

[Brand_Name] Wrote:I've been using the mouse to move and shoot, and I can kill the necromorphs but then just wander around the room

Try zooming out a bit or go full screen mode. If you use the small player it cuts off the door way and you can't progress...that's how it was for me anyway.
Videl Lover

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:56 am

Gore's secret project is slowly being discovered...Quick! Move it to the polls area!
whatdontlookaatme

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:33 am

Don't think I didn't consider it!

When you move near a door, a yellow arrow will appear; click it to move to the next room. As in DeadSpace, you have to shoot off the necro's arms and legs - body shots will just slow them down and not really do any damage. When you step onto the lift, the controls will activate and you can click the up or down arrow to go to the next floor. The game is built to support an 89 room grid, although right now all the floors are the same except for 6 which has the marker room. In the marker room, you can use the console by walking up to the computer and clicking the flashing text to navigate through the menus

Since DeadSpace heavily integrates the user interfaces into the game itself, I thought I would do the same. It is very point and click. The only keyboard button in use is the space bar which will toggle "Hold Ground" - this is for fighting necromorphs if you accidently miss a lot and click to walk instead. When holding her ground, Ellie will ignore move commands and just shoot at targets. In the newest version which I haven't uploaded yet, you can click on dead enemies to collect a sample from them. Bringing multiple samples to the computer in the Marker room will let you generate a test subject. The current subject and marker energy level will determine the scene you get (right now it is capped at 33% and the Slasher is the only enemy)
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby [Brand_Name] » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:25 am

wow yeah I just needed to zoom out. Well now that that's sorted out, I wanted to tell you that this looks awesome so far. Let's do our best to keep this on the down low.
Peace & Light
[Brand_Name]

Postby xzxw » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:20 am

The 6th floor is empty when I play.
xzxw
Newly Registered

Postby [Brand_Name] » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:12 pm

xzxw Wrote:The 6th floor is empty when I play.

I think this is the result of an update in the process... maybe not, just conjecture... Greopete's update may have (re)moved the marker room, but I'm sure he'll put it back or something.
Eventually.
I'm just happy to see that he's still working on this. It brings joy to my heart :P

One other thing senor greopete- if you find the animating process becoming monotonous, maybe you could jazz Ellie up a bit, know waddam sayin? Lengthen her hair, give her a nicer ass and tits, pretty up those eyes a lil bit, yeah, yeah, yeah?
Peace & Light
[Brand_Name]

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:00 am

I am building the actual world / a real map now so stuff may change. I think I put the marker room on floor 4? In the next update it will probably be moved to 7. I had to work out the story I wanted so I could create door locks / map out routing etc. It is there on one of the floors, I forget which though tbh.

I went with the DS3 hair back ellie because long hair is so annoying to animate correctly. It always gets in the way and doesn't rotate and flip the way you want it to when you are making positions! I will probably be WAY to lazy to change it.
GoRepeat

Postby [Brand_Name] » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:01 am

:cry:
Peace & Light
[Brand_Name]

Postby xzxw » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:21 pm

This map is wrinkling my brain. Can you increase the movement speed? Or have a run key.
xzxw
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:41 pm

xzxw Wrote:This map is wrinkling my brain. Can you increase the movement speed? Or have a run key.

Yeah I cleaned up and shortened the map a bit. Also added a run key (hold down SHIFT while moving). Added all the doors and generators. Once you get to the security terminal on floor three, you can use your RIG's map to see your current position and your current objective (only a few so far in the game) - the map is activated with the 'Z' key. So SHIFT = Run, Z = map (after aquired), SPACE = hold position.

The necromorphs wont start attacking until you lift the quarantine on floor 6; there is no second generator yet so the room will be empty - thats it for right now. There are still only the two sex scenes so far with Ellie masturbating and having oral with the morph. Once the second generator comes online, two new enemies and six new scenes will be added. Might be ready next week depending on how productive I am in the next couple of days.
GoRepeat

Postby xzxw » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:18 pm

Awesome. That slow movement speed was depressing me.
Edit: After playing, I can say now that I enjoy it. A lot.
xzxw
Newly Registered

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:05 pm

I have a suggestion: a crouch function, used to remove the ability to move.

When firing upon enemies, I often find myself walking towards them instead of shooting, which further reduces my accuracy. If there was a crouch function that stopped you and perhaps made the camera zoom in and follow mouse movements, it would help with marksmanship.

Pretty cool so far, though.
Zeus Kabob

Postby GoRepeat » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:I have a suggestion: a crouch function, used to remove the ability to move.

When firing upon enemies, I often find myself walking towards them instead of shooting, which further reduces my accuracy. If there was a crouch function that stopped you and perhaps made the camera zoom in and follow mouse movements, it would help with marksmanship.

Pretty cool so far, though.

Press space to hold your ground. Ellie will ignore movement commands~

But it is a good suggestion to change the hold ground animation to a crouch to make it more obvious. I will add that in!
GoRepeat

Postby Hewbert cumberdale » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:58 am

Liking the new update the running is a much welcome addition and the map i can be just being super handy :D
Hewbert cumberdale
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:41 pm

Added crouch animation to hold ground (spacebar)... fixed a couple of bugs. Added infestation on the 3rd floor that you will need to clear before you can get to generator 2. The source of the infestation is on floor 6, which is the first boss encounter with the Mandrake. Since there is no damage in the game yet, the boss fight is pretty darn easy! Once the boss is dead, the infestation from floor 3 will clear and you can activate the next generator. Will work on the mandrake and 66% power sex animations next.
GoRepeat

Postby xzxw » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Have you planned out how damage works? For instance, are you planning on keeping true with the gruesome dismemberment/vore/melting faces deaths in the games, or are you thinking of rape animations or something else?
xzxw
Newly Registered

Postby SuicideZombie56 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:55 am

I hope that there are going to be rape scenes for the damage incidents. Would love to see her get gangraped by like 2 or 3 necromorphs
SuicideZombie56
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:46 am

I'm not a huge fan of rewarding failure, so I doubt that will be the direction I go... but I am sure I can work something out.
GoRepeat

Postby SuicideZombie56 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:37 pm

Ok that's fine I'm just not a violent death type person unless its in the actual game. i still enjoy how you are making this game its coming out great!
SuicideZombie56
Newly Registered

Postby [Brand_Name] » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:26 pm

SuicideZombie56 Wrote:I hope that there are going to be rape scenes for the damage incidents. Would love to see her get gangraped by like 2 or 3 necromorphs

I know this may not be the direction you want to go into like you said, rewarding failure and all, but I would like this too^.
Peace & Light
[Brand_Name]

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop