Adult Sim v1.0(Sound,WIP)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Adult Sim v1.0(Sound,WIP)

Postby JDJacksan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:47 am

Awesomedragondude,I shall send you the PM as soon as I hit the 10 post mark. I am using the compress option in RPGVX to encrypt and compile the game....I also chose the include RTP data option, however everytime I compress the game, I see that in graphics/faces/ and graphics/character has only the RTP data and not the ones which I have.
This is the major reason right now which makes the game unplayable.

Bluelight, Any help would be very much appreciated.
JDJacksan

Postby JDJacksan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:02 am

I know that RPGVX ace lets around 2GB, however I don't know if I can import my data in there because, I have already made the southpark and northpark side...
it would be real pain to make it all again..
JDJacksan

Postby Darthan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:03 am

Did you import the images or did you just drop them into the graphics folder for your project? If I remember correctly, if you do not import them RPG Maker does not recognize that they need to be compressed when the game is compiled into the exe. I would also suggest not including the RTP as it increases the size of the file by quite allot. Just make sure that is you choose to not include the RTP option that you point out that it needs to be installed.
Darthan

Postby JDJacksan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:06 am

Hmm I think you might be just right, I just assumed its there because it shows up in resources tab...
still I will try importing them.

-Just did it right now. You were right Darthun ! thanks a lot !
Last edited by JDJacksan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
JDJacksan

Postby fulgartech » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:12 am

If you want to convert VX to VX Ace I saw a post on the RPGmaker forums about a conversion program. I've never tried it so don't have any personal experience with it.

Check out: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php ... n-program/

I suspect it would cause some serious problems with this however since the converter can't convert the scripts that may be in use.

Fulgartech
fulgartech

Postby JDJacksan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:20 am

I don't think I should mess around anymore, I have learnt my lesson for now.Maybe when I learn more about scripting.
So the compression problem has been solved, I am play testing the game right now.I think I will be done in an hour or so,after which I shall link the game
and pictures.
JDJacksan

Postby Kurushimi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 am

An hour until update? Awesome! This game sounds very interesting, and I really want to try playing it. ^^
Kurushimi

Postby JDJacksan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:45 am

Well, I said that sometime back :oops: . But i have wheedled out most of small problems.
I shall be putting the link very soon.
JDJacksan

Postby fulgartech » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:10 am

One bug that has been tormenting me is with the Intelligence stat. During character creation this stat seems to be increased by taking the Intelligence perk. Unfortunately as soon as you finish char gen, Int seems to be set at 4.

Good luck!

And if you only miss your update deadline by a matter of hours, well then that is still pretty impressive. I've missed deadlines at work by years - and they keep on paying me.
fulgartech

Postby JDJacksan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:43 am

by fulgartech » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:10 am

One bug that has been tormenting me is with the Intelligence stat. During character creation this stat seems to be increased by taking the Intelligence perk. Unfortunately as soon as you finish char gen, Int seems to be set at 4.

Good luck!

And if you only miss your update deadline by a matter of hours, well then that is still pretty impressive. I've missed deadlines at work by years - and they keep on paying me.

Ah! you are correct I shall get that fixed.
JDJacksan

Postby ADIDAS » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:09 am

Not sure if it is to be considered a bug or problem with the game but I feel I should point it out. After you have taunted the two boys in the classroom for some time they eventually approach you and accuse you of trying to seduce them. You can agree or repremand them for the remark. I chose agree because shes a dirty lovely slut :D ,at this point the sex scene follows and then after finishing that sex scene you talk to the boys again and they say "We told some of our friends about you and they want to know if they can stay after class aswell". So you meet all the boys in the conference room after talking to the principal and a orgy insues, after which you collapse. The game continues and theres no game over. I had a moral of over 1000 after finding the sofa to masturbate on in the dorm which gives 20 moral after each session. Back to the point, when the slut collapses I checked my status and my moral had dropped to -78 after the orgy. Again the games continues until you step foot outside of the school and then its game over because your moral dropped below -50. You recieve a whore rep point of 40 after the orgy also which leads me to believe thats the key to performing the event that the blonde in the modeling agency keeps denying you from becase you dont have a strong enough rep. Please elaborate on these points I have pointed out or confirm my suspicion of a bug.
ADIDAS

Postby JDJacksan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 1:15 pm

by ADIDAS » Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:09 am

Not sure if it is to be considered a bug or problem with the game but I feel I should point it out. After you have taunted the two boys in the classroom for some time they eventually approach you and accuse you of trying to seduce them. You can agree or repremand them for the remark. I chose agree because shes a dirty lovely slut ,at this point the sex scene follows and then after finishing that sex scene you talk to the boys again and they say "We told some of our friends about you and they want to know if they can stay after class aswell". So you meet all the boys in the conference room after talking to the principal and a orgy insues, after which you collapse. The game continues and theres no game over. I had a moral of over 1000 after finding the sofa to masturbate on in the dorm which gives 20 moral after each session. Back to the point, when the slut collapses I checked my status and my moral had dropped to -78 after the orgy. Again the games continues until you step foot outside of the school and then its game over because your moral dropped below -50. You recieve a whore rep point of 40 after the orgy also which leads me to believe thats the key to performing the event that the blonde in the modeling agency keeps denying you from becase you dont have a strong enough rep. Please elaborate on these points I have pointed out or confirm my suspicion of a bug.

It is definitely a bug, however you are misunderstanding why you collapsed, engaging in orgies(and sometimes sexual acts) will reduce your hp, I am assuming it is your hp going to 0 which lead to collapsing, however I must have missed adding a switch there. Thanks for pointing out, also...I believe you can masterbate on the sofa only twice a day ? or did I miss something there, I will have to change if I did.
The morale after orgie in school is something like this you will lose 80 morale after the orgie, not sure why yours dropped from 1000 -> -80 :o .
Hint: Also getting into modelling is not about getting whore rep but about getting enough confidence to jog like a sexy biatch ;) .
Anyway the bug you just pointed out is kind of big as it is the one which lets you get started on whoring...hmm I guess I will get it rectified along with some other fixes and come out with update sometime today when I get free.
JDJacksan

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 pm

So what sound like you did was something like this.

Code: Select All Code
int sexy = 1000;
sexy = -80;

however what you really wanted to do was this.

int sexy = 1000;
sexy = sexy - 80;

What i would do is make 3 function in where ever this sexy variables is stored

int getSexy(){
return sexy;
}
void setSexy(int value){
sexy = value;
}

void changeSexy(int value, boolean up){
if(up){setSexy(getSexy() + value);}
else  {setSexy(getSexy() - value);}
}

and just use those functions when your going to change the value. That way you wont ever run in to that problem again. The first one is called a getter, the second is a setter, and the third i guess would also be called a setter.

}
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Kurushimi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:06 pm

So how does seduction work? That is, if it's implemented yet.
Kurushimi

Postby Skinpin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Think your dropbox is experiencing a little more activity then usual :)

Error (509)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!
Skinpin
Newly Registered

Postby kvier » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:39 pm

Of course, the problem with dropbox is that they ratelimit your files like woah.

Maybe use a torrent?
kvier

Postby JDJacksan » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:52 pm

Thanks for the code bluelight, though I just have to change one small bug to fix it.Still thanks nonetheless.

Well about the skill callover/seduce I was thinking on the line of it as an ability of finding customers or make a proposition once you become a prostitute.
That's the plan, Don't know how much feasible it would be.
JDJacksan

Postby kabal67 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:58 pm

The Dropbox links stopped working. It keeps saying that the account has been suspended.
kabal67
Newly Registered

Postby BlueLight » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:15 am

JDJacksan Wrote:Thanks for the code bluelight, though I just have to change one small bug to fix it.Still thanks nonetheless.

Well about the skill callover/seduce I was thinking on the line of it as an ability of finding customers or make a proposition once you become a prostitute.
That's the plan, Don't know how much feasible it would be.

I really suggest you start moving to a getter and setter form of coding. I don't know if whatever the bug you had was caused by changing the variable the wrong way but getters and setters will allow you from doing that. Okay i'm done being high and mighty about this.

I would also suggest you make a function for anything your doing often.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Darthan » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:29 am

I think you may want to find a different place to host your files. Seems dropbox is unhappy with the large amount of traffic your public links are generating. I am getting a 509 error when trying to download the game file.
Darthan

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner