Jenallia's Wrath; Cancelled as of 11/14/2013

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Should future chapters be released with sex being added as a "patch?" (see blog)

Yes
53%
No
23%
Maybe/no opinion/fine either way
23%
Other (explain)
No votes

Total votes : 43

Re: Jenallia's Wrath [Romance/Partial-H] V0.5 (updated 9/5/2

Postby Grape_Drink » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:26 am

Aetrun Wrote:I will agree that the first one looks the better of the two, however it feels somewhat off to me. I think it may be that the demon there is male, and that doesn't feel right for what we have seen of Jenalia. I realize the title doesn't have to be perfect, but something that indicates Jenalia's influence on our heroine might be more fitting. If I could find a suitable picture to suggest I would, but picture hunting is not something I've ever gotten good at.

I was originally looking for something like that, but finding the right picture is pretty hard stuff... (Makes me wish I could draw!)

Been looking around a bit, a little bit of GIMP photowork and microsoft paint later and I have these three*, though it still doesn't fit the aspect, I'd be willing to use any of the five* I've put up.

Opinions?

Also, a small spoiler'd teaser can't hurt I figure, this scene is partially why I was having such horrible writer's block

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

EDIT: And I find one that I like right after posting this...
Grape_Drink

Postby Aetrun » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:53 am

Looking at the second set, I like that third one, could you do a layer over it of mostly transparent either red or black? Might add a feeling of corruption to it to fit more with the story. Otherwise, either that first or second one would be awesome-my personal favorite being the fey in the trees, although I think most votes would go to the 2nd in this set.

So of the five you have shown us, either #3 or #4, although if a transparent layer like I suggested works, then #5 might work even better.
Aetrun

Postby Zodiark69 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:23 am

Ah crap. I like all three. That makes it impossible for me to choose! D:
Zodiark69

Postby moonblack » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:50 am

Out of the first two pics I didn't really like either one - both felt like don't really fit the game.

Out of the set of three you posted I like the first one the most. The second one is also good, but something about it feels a little off to me (sorry, can't explain it any better). The third is also nice, but the first one just seems a bit more suitable for the game.
moonblack

Postby vyor » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:43 pm

so far, it is a really good game
vyor

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:53 am

Aetrun Wrote:Looking at the second set, I like that third one, could you do a layer over it of mostly transparent either red or black? Might add a feeling of corruption to it to fit more with the story. Otherwise, either that first or second one would be awesome-my personal favorite being the fey in the trees, although I think most votes would go to the 2nd in this set.

Sort of like this?
(I set an opac red/black gradient layer, threw in some spraypaint and smudged it)

Zodiark69 Wrote:Ah crap. I like all three. That makes it impossible for me to choose! D:

Ran into the same problem! I like the second set I found better than the first though (seems to be the general consensus)

moonblack Wrote:Out of the first two pics I didn't really like either one - both felt like don't really fit the game.

Agreed.

moonblack Wrote:Out of the set of three you posted I like the first one the most. The second one is also good, but something about it feels a little off to me (sorry, can't explain it any better). The third is also nice, but the first one just seems a bit more suitable for the game.

Not sure, but it could possibly be because in the second one, the blonde hair one is actually a feminine man

vyor Wrote:so far, it is a really good game

Thank you kindly! I finally got the materials to make 3D images to go with the scenes, but I think the text-based system "feels" better.

So it looks like the general consensus is number 1 or 3 from the second set. I think I'll put up a poll

As for progress! Well... I found a vista-compatable version of Dungeon Keeper II that could run on windows 7 so... Yeah... My free time yesterday got wasted between that and fixing my younger brother's computer. Should be back to work by tommorrow.
Grape_Drink

Postby vyor » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:37 am

Oh, and please for the love f god, nerf Grom and Lucien!!! Even with demons smoke I can't beat him(I did somehow manage to beat him once with a crit, but I somehow lost the save :P)
vyor

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:59 am

vyor Wrote:Oh, and please for the love f god, nerf Grom and Lucien!!! Even with demons smoke I can't beat him(I did somehow manage to beat him once with a crit, but I somehow lost the save :P)

Already done for the next update. He still dishes out around the same average damage, but he's slower/has a lower defense to match his character (and his crit was removed for balance's sake, I didn't think about the likelyhood of him critting in combat). Just out of curiosity, have you gotten the chest out of Nytarra's room? It's easy to overlook and the gem in it makes her magic a little stronger.

As for Lucien... I don't want to mod him too much more. It'll become pretty clear come next update why I don't want to modify him any more. Basically though, his stunning fist is designed to make the battle a bigger hassle.
Grape_Drink

Postby Aetrun » Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:14 pm

The revamp of #5 is exactly what I was thinking of and as a result gets my vote. It looks exactly right for the feel I get from the game.
Aetrun

Postby vyor » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:29 pm

I got the crystal, I have played rpgs before :P
vyor

Postby Grape_Drink » Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:22 pm

Aetrun Wrote:The revamp of #5 is exactly what I was thinking of and as a result gets my vote. It looks exactly right for the feel I get from the game.

Good to hear, if I use that one there's a few pixels I got to fix still.

vyor Wrote:I got the crystal, I have played rpgs before :P

Heh, wasn't sure so I figured I'd double checl ;)

Seems like # 3 and #5 revamped are the preferred choices, so I'll take input until the next update in terms of that.

Alright... So I'm not getting as much done as I wanted to, but it's mostly because I decided to expand on the alternative exit for the isolated teaching area/Begining of a romance subplot for Lendell. I should still be working on the prison though by this evening if I don't get pulled away from the comp.

I was browsing through some RPGmaker stuff looking for a willo of the wisp sprite, and I found something a bit unexpected: Facial expressions for the normal characters. I'm personally fine with the current way its set up, but I'm curious if the community would be interested in a rehaul of the current "facesets" in conversations? I'd probably need a couple extra days to go back into the system and rehaul this, but if anyone would be interested I'd be willing to give the characters a few more facial expressions.

And speaking of facesets, there's a point where Nytarra won't have a hat on... I managed to get the sprite down, but this is the best I can get the face using good ol GIMP.

Opinions? Stick with the original or try and relate to her hatless sprite?

I'm actually liking this facemaking program... I might try and see if I can combine it with famitsu's sprite generator to get some original characters into the game.
Grape_Drink

Postby moonblack » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:00 am

About the hatless face, check out http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/84-j ... 6#entry736 - it has a hatless portrait for that actor, which you should be able to use to make the hatless face.
moonblack

Postby Zodiark69 » Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:36 am

moonblack Wrote:About the hatless face, check out http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/84-j ... 6#entry736 - it has a hatless portrait for that actor, which you should be able to use to make the hatless face.

Link doesn't work.

EDIT: I had to sign up. Of course. xD
Zodiark69

Postby Grape_Drink » Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:16 am

moonblack Wrote:About the hatless face, check out http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/84-j ... 6#entry736 - it has a hatless portrait for that actor, which you should be able to use to make the hatless face.

I think I can scale that down and use it to the same extent, yeah.

If I do a facial expression rehaul though, then I planned to use either MACK's facial expressions on Nytarra

Or Aweryn's facial expressions 2-4 for her and see how it looks

In other news: I'm debating between making Lanae black, tan-caucasian, or sticking with the traditional elf for RPGmaker

EDIT: Again though, in terms of if I do a facial overhaul... I'd only be willing to do so if there is a large majority who would like to see such.
Grape_Drink

Postby Grape_Drink » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:47 am

Seems like the majority response is that yes, a facial overhaul would be appreciated.

A couple of things (and the reason I'm doubleposting yet again!) The game is coming along nicely, working on the

prison
at the moment. Birthday was last friday so I haven't gotten much done to be honest. On top of that, for some reason RPGmaker locked me out of the system and I had to revert to my backup copy of the game (luckily only lost about a day's work, but still...)

That being said, I finished that romance subplot I wanted to finish.

This thing is getting big fast... I was wondering if anyone would be willing to bugtest what I've got so far as I don't want to end up finding out I missed stuff after release? If so just mention it on here or shoot me a PM. I'll get the file to you!

Other then that, I just figured I'd post this:

I'm learning the program, if I can figure out how to get the partner mods to work soon enough, I'll probably try and use it during the rehaul (assuming others would be interested in it.) I'm actually taking a liking to it despite not understanding half the functions!

For that matter I've learned a lot about RPGmaker and such. While still being nowhere near scripting-worthy, I think I have a better understanding of the system.

EDIT: I don't suppose there's a way for me to convert the 3DCG girls into the male model?
Grape_Drink

Postby moonblack » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:17 pm

I'll be happy to help with any testing and bug-hunting. Just send me a PM.
moonblack

Postby dragonmaster121989 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:13 pm

i would love to help with the testing as well i may be new here but i already beat your game and loved it :D

and that outfit is hot on her :)
dragonmaster121989

RE

Postby Grape_Drink » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:05 am

I just want to say thanks to the testers, I realize I screwed up the test files, and will fix those issues before sending out the final version for testing. Thank you again!

Also, it seems to be time for another update on the situation with the game...

Time has been very limited, but I managed to get in a good few hours of work, and since I have Monday off I'll be able to get in a few more. My goal is to have the part I'm working on now (as mentioned above/spoiler'd) done by Monday so I can hopefully start working on the town... This update'll hopefully add on enough to make it a decent time sink, as it'll add in three new H-scenes (as of now, possibly a few more) as well as two romances (one of them directly affecting you while the other being a short fling with long-term consequences).

EDIT: Also, the partial-H tag will be changed to optional-H after this update. Sex will be an implied theme in this world, but it will almost always be optional (or if not optional, skippable)

What was originally meant to be a quick plot piece to get the main story rolling has become about as long as the tournament in chapter one, possibly a bit longer. I know I've asked ya'll to be patient for a little over a month now, but I'm going to ask it again. Once more I can't place an exact date... Sometimes I get twenty minute's worth of work done in an hour, sometimes I barely get a minute's worth done... It just depends on a number of factors.

As for the 3DCG stuff... I might not attempt that when I get around to the facial overhaul... Which judging by the votes got massive approval to do after this update, so the facial overhaul will happen. I'm getting better with 3DCG but I've run into a few too many roadblocks. Plus, I feel like the text-only system adds a unique aspect to the game.
Grape_Drink

Postby Aetrun » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:51 am

So if I understand correctly, the world that you are bringing into focus for us to enjoy is telling you that certain parts need more focus. Very well, I'll wait, as in my experience, that generally means that an author has a good relationship with the characters and world that they are discovering for us. *Digs in personal storage for more patience, muttering "I know I've got some here somewhere"* XD

Really, I'm just glad to hear that solid progress is being made, even if it is a bit at a time.
Aetrun

Postby dragonmaster121989 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:35 pm

it's good to hear your still getting somewhere with the game i hope your doing well your self
and waiting i can manage i wanna play the game but i wont be good if it's rushed
dragonmaster121989

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner