Jenallia's Wrath; Cancelled as of 11/14/2013

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Should future chapters be released with sex being added as a "patch?" (see blog)

Yes
53%
No
23%
Maybe/no opinion/fine either way
23%
Other (explain)
No votes

Total votes : 43

Re: Jenallia's Wrath (On "hold" as of 12/27/12)

Postby Grape_Drink » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:33 pm

AllenAndArth Wrote:are the links up already?

Yep, sorry I should have specified I was replacing the links with new ones.

mrttao Wrote:
xeragoth Wrote:i believe it was in the prison but i cant remember

what prison?

I think he means the detention center. I call it a prison as well from time to time since it more or less is. :lol:

But yeah, I'll take a look at that.
Grape_Drink

Postby xeragoth » Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:44 am

can you tell me what can i do in this update besides what i have already done?

i see you finished the gangbang scene cool i love it, i know is very buggy and not ready for testing but i will tell you the bugs i have found

i try the circle break but no matter what i do it glitches, i try with or without the old man, i found the convicts that are saying weird stuff nothing there i open there door without using the switch (i dont know if there is a switch), then i try the demon door alone is broken you cant do anything and with the old man you fight a chicken but when it defeat you nothing happens and the drunken guard you cant do anything except run and the guard that go for food if you hide he walks all the way to the other convicts and stops on the entrance only way to pass him is killing him or if you attack him and win you get stuck when you go again it ask you again to hide or attack

in the part where you go to sleep you cant talk to anybody and when you go to the forest in the battle you are completely alone
xeragoth

Postby xeragoth » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Grape are you ok you havent post or say anything in a really long time
xeragoth

Postby Grape_Drink » Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:54 am

xeragoth Wrote:Grape are you ok you havent post or say anything in a really long time

Yo.

I've been... Extremely busy between work and school, failing one of my classes... It's... Not good to say the least.

Been trying to put ideas and stuff in it for a while, but the corpse has been cold for half a year now. I think it's time I just flat out admit that it's dead. I love the concept and story I've developed for it, but every time I look back on this I just... Can't bring myself to keep working on it. It's just one thing or another, and when I do work on it lately, my work has just been flat out crap quality compared to when I started. Between technical difficulties I ran into, various things I tried to do to improve the game which had an adverse effect, and many other things... Point being, while I love the game, I want to kill it at the same time.

I just don't have the drive any more. As I'm sure folks have noticed since basically the prison onward, the quality was MUCH lower than when I started the project. I think it was just a combination of getting in way over my head and wanting to please folks. Frankly I could probably finish this game, but it'd take me half a decade and would be shit quality compared to what I typically produce. I've learned a lot though from working on this project, it's taught me a lot about myself and what I'm capable of. It's helped me realize that I shouldn't get so far in over my head with these sort of things. Planning out epics is fine, but plan them out accordingly. I had almost 0 planning with Jenallia's Wrath. 80% of it was just spontaneous "hey lets do this!" without any real tracking of monster power, variables such as affection, which switches did what...

Point being, this project is officially cancelled. Anyone who wants to use it or parts of it is more than welcome to. I've always released the physical game folders rather than the dumb .exe thing because that's always been my policy. I'd like to apologize to those who were expecting something great here.

This has, however as I mentioned, taught me some valuable lessons. Don't think for a moment that I'm done! I'm just done trying to get the horse with a broken leg and brain damage from a misplaced bullet back on its feet.

I plan to get a real project started with a real chance of finishing it. It may not be nearly as big as Jenallia's Wrath was supposed to be, but it'll still be a decent little epic for those who want great story lines with sexual bits as a supplement to improve rather than drive. I'm still in planning stages, but it'll hopefully be something along the lines of a "DnD-style adventure" game with perhaps some reminiscence to "The Record of Lodoss War" show (Among my top favorite anime series as a child lol). I want to have something with enough gameplay to at least be considered a "demo" of what's to come though, so don't expect anything from me for a while. :)
Grape_Drink

Re: Jenallia's Wrath; Cancelled as of 11/14/2013

Postby mrttao » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:58 am

Sad to see you go but you gotta do what you gotta do.
good luck with whatever future project you might work on
mrttao

Postby xeragoth » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:14 am

oh ok dont worry dude i undestand im hoping you do something as good as jennallia, but the real reason i was asking is because with wootch disappearance i have realize i should start worrying more for creators and at least ask how they doing from time to time
xeragoth

Postby phoenyxz » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:14 pm

hmm i wanted to see how ti goes but, well it happens good luck on your next project and in life too since it matters more i think, although when u get an new project if u can u can tell us old fans of jenalia ^^
phoenyxz

Postby AllenAndArth » Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:28 pm

it's sad that you're cancelling it, but, life's like that, anyway when you start the new project come to us!(JW-fans) we'll more than welcome the new project
AllenAndArth

Postby Grape_Drink » Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:12 am

Thanks guys. I'll make sure to put it up when I get an official demo ready for release. It's called "Corrupted Honor," basically follows the story of a young girl who's through misfortune found herself an apprentice at a mercenary's guild (that's as precise I can be without giving anything away lol). It'll be far less magic/stat-intensive in having to plan out how to defeat enemies. It'll also be a lot more user-friendly- though from the current concept it might be more grind heavy than I'd like (my "likeness" scale for grinding being 0 with anything more being "bad" though lol). End result is a little more color-coded than I'd like. Your actions will play a significant role into the development of your character for the first three "acts" (I'm calling them acts, not chapters), but then begin to play a lesser role (unless y'know... You decide to have a complete change of heart.)

I got a copy of RPG Maker Ace... I'm not happy with it. They shifted everything around and got rid of my little question mark button. They've replaced a lot of useful information with crappy variable equivalency names. There's a million issues I have with it on an aesthetic level.

But then I look back and realize that while aesthetically it's shit quality compared to VX, it does have the added bonus of being easier to manipulate to my liking, and offers a lot more power (What's that? I can have more tilesets rather than having to try and cram all my custom content into one via GIMP?) than VX did.

I think I'll run some tutorial programs to familiarize myself with the differences between VX and Ace and come to begrudgingly like it more for what I can do with it in comparison. For now though, I'm gonna bitch until I got those differences memorized, hehe.
Grape_Drink

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:10 pm

Grape_Drink Wrote:"The Record of Lodoss War"

Record of Lodoss war was fucking boss.
I far preferred the OVA in most respects over the series, though.
I think LITERALLY the only things I liked better in the series were the fact that

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Pirotess and Ashram lived, also Pirotess didn't get apparently toasted to a near-dead/dead crisp by a volcano and then straight-up fucking abandoned by her boss

and the fact that Slayne and spells in general got a little bit more face-time.

Well

That and the Series' opening theme, that shit was fucking amazing.
Lucky777

Postby moonblack » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:14 am

I'm sorry to hear this project is cancelled, but can understand why you have decided so. I'll be looking forward to your next one.

If you need help with VX Ace feel free to ask me - I should be able to help with most things.
moonblack

Postby bigdick69 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:22 pm

depending of my actions can i take diferent scenes?
bigdick69

Postby bigdick69 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:03 am

where i can get the gangbang scene
bigdick69

Previous

Return to Creative Corner