Jenallia's Wrath; Cancelled as of 11/14/2013

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Should future chapters be released with sex being added as a "patch?" (see blog)

Yes
53%
No
23%
Maybe/no opinion/fine either way
23%
Other (explain)
No votes

Total votes : 43

Re: Jenallia's Wrath (On "hold" as of 12/27/12)

Postby xeragoth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:57 am

maybe im doing something wrong, i have the 8 candy wrapers and im trying to talk to the purple hair guy, but it says he is busy bother him later and hes budy tell me to ask the purple hair guy for the candy wrappers, what i have to do to activate the guy, i have already talk to everybody and not activate the romancing with iris by not soothing her when she sleeps, but that doesn't seems work

oh and if i get close to lucien from behind the animation of lucien and the other guy fighting starts and i get stuck with either a black screen or it paralyzed and i cant moved
xeragoth

Postby AllenAndArth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:49 am

hey grape, what changed from the 0.55 release, I haven't played from the beginning though, I tried the prostitution event and the bathhouse event...and they're the same, the prostitution event has no entry after the guy drops you(at least the game doesn't stay on the black screen anymore) still not working and the bathhouse still loops, but, it's just a question, nothing major, respond when you feel like it
AllenAndArth

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:39 am

xeragoth Wrote:sorry to ask but there is 5 links which one is the updated i did go throught all of them but i see no change
i believe you put the bugfree one but i was asking for the completely untested one the one i can finish the prison because V.055 dont let me

There isn't too much difference between versions. Since I found out my bugtested version still had bugs I forgot about, for now I only have the untested version up with a warning. Everything from the prison on may be bugged, though the prison should be fixed now.

mrttao Wrote:are you ok with us users reuploading and posting the new link here?

Feel free! I consider the game open source- folks can reupload it, post it, etc. wherever and whenever.

xeragoth Wrote:maybe im doing something wrong, i have the 8 candy wrapers and im trying to talk to the purple hair guy, but it says he is busy bother him later and hes budy tell me to ask the purple hair guy for the candy wrappers, what i have to do to activate the guy, i have already talk to everybody and not activate the romancing with iris by not soothing her when she sleeps, but that doesn't seems work

oh and if i get close to lucien from behind the animation of lucien and the other guy fighting starts and i get stuck with either a black screen or it paralyzed and i cant moved

That would be the infamous v. 0.55 bug. It should be fixed in the untested, and honestly the prison is more or less fixed aside from a few quirks in the untested version (Iris disappearing too early, Grom running sideways, etc.)

AllenAndArth Wrote:hey grape, what changed from the 0.55 release, I haven't played from the beginning though, I tried the prostitution event and the bathhouse event...and they're the same, the prostitution event has no entry after the guy drops you(at least the game doesn't stay on the black screen anymore) still not working and the bathhouse still loops, but, it's just a question, nothing major, respond when you feel like it

Not a ton. Mostly little fixes here and there with a lot more on the way. What's your opinion on that (if it's the one I think it is) anyways? I was thinking of removing it if it's the one with the guard since it seemed a bit out of character, but I'm still debating.

Most of the changes won't be visible through the game itself right now, only the creator. The main additions are upon leaving the city, so they can't be viewed yet since the transition at the inn to leave the city isn't in yet.
Grape_Drink

Postby xeragoth » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:08 am

if you dont mind me answer that i suppose the guard giving the quest to a random stranger it is a little weird but what you could do is that there is a wanted poster outside the guard cabin that says Wanted information about secret brothel, then nhytarra could grabbed it and convince the guard to let her search for the brothel, that way it will look a little better i think or something like that that way the guard don't give you the quest, directly

P.S. how much corruption you need for the bathhouse?

BTW love the game amazing work and thanks for posting that version, I personally prefer MEGA waay more than file dropper
xeragoth

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:08 pm

xeragoth Wrote:if you dont mind me answer that i suppose the guard giving the quest to a random stranger it is a little weird but what you could do is that there is a wanted poster outside the guard cabin that says Wanted information about secret brothel, then nhytarra could grabbed it and convince the guard to let her search for the brothel, that way it will look a little better i think or something like that that way the guard don't give you the quest, directly

I probably could have made that ten times more clear. The idea was that Lendell is friends with the guard, and the guard knew that Nytarra wasn't around there so she was more prone to helping the law enforcement out. That was a narrating failure/laziness on my part and I'll try to clear that up. Still, I'll consider putting signs around town offering rewards for "reporting crime and criminal intent that has gone unnoticed."

Borisville is one of those rare exception towns. Most towns and cities are governed by the Lord's Alliance. While the mayor is of course a member of said group, the circle in fact runs the Borisville economy through requisition shops for travelling circle/magistrate members (the brothel having basically been in charge of the city until their being outlawed, hence sex being very prevalent in the town).

P.S. how much corruption you need for the bathhouse?

BTW love the game amazing work and thanks for posting that version, I personally prefer MEGA waay more than file dropper

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

115 points! Taking one of the drugs at the beginning tournament (not using, just owning), having sex with the temptress, and one more "corrupt" act somewhere in town should get you enough points to run it. (though the bath scene isn't complete...)

Yeah, I like MEGA. Used to love megaupload. I was just afraid Mega would get shut down for a bit there like its predecessor, so I wanted to wait a few months before using it.

EDIT: In terms of the guard thing I was talking about though in that quote, there's a little easter egg with one of the guards in the brothel for a pure Nytarra looking to get some corruption/sexy skill points pretty quickly.
Grape_Drink

Postby mrttao » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:08 pm

Grape_Drink Wrote:Yeah, I like MEGA. Used to love megaupload. I was just afraid Mega would get shut down for a bit there like its predecessor, so I wanted to wait a few months before using it.

Worse case scenario it shuts down and you reupload to somewhere crappier.

However, it is least likely to shut down now, because Kim Dotcom has gone to great lengths to distance that service from the US government. So if anything will be shut down its the other services.
mrttao

Postby xeragoth » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:45 am

EDIT: In terms of the guard thing I was talking about though in that quote, there's a little Easter egg with one of the guards in the brothel for a pure Nytarra looking to get some corruption/sexy skill points pretty quickly.

well i dont know which brothel you mean the underground one cant be played since when the guy ask you for the stone you move to a dark place and you cant advance and the other brothel is closed with a dimensional sealed, unless i missing something that's probably it
xeragoth

Postby AllenAndArth » Thu Aug 29, 2013 6:56 am

the one i'm talking about it's the one in the warehouse, you show the guy the gem and he takes you to the underground cart and stops on the dark side of the town, which is sealed..., my thoughts on that are, the best way would be making an underground city and have 4 or 5 events pre-made in the hotel linked to the char corruption(if she's too pure only 1 or 2 events are trigged or none at all, however if she's a slut, all of them are trigged randomly) which is a shit ton of work that I would never wish on anyone, the way it's reasonable is a small map or building where there's a chief to talk and receive work(once again with 2. 3 or 4 events pre-made trigged based on her corruption level)...these are my thoughts on the underground brothel matter or did I mistake the event you where talking about? if it's the bathhouse...full on gangbang then wake up on a random place!(either on the bathhouse, the park or outside of the building...or if there's a follow up to that, on a [isolated] place with the classmates)
AllenAndArth

Postby Grape_Drink » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:18 am

xeragoth Wrote:well i dont know which brothel you mean the underground one cant be played since when the guy ask you for the stone you move to a dark place and you cant advance and the other brothel is closed with a dimensional sealed, unless i missing something that's probably it

AllenAndArth Wrote:the one i'm talking about it's the one in the warehouse, you show the guy the gem and he takes you to the underground cart and stops on the dark side of the town, which is sealed..., my thoughts on that are, the best way would be making an underground city and have 4 or 5 events pre-made in the hotel linked to the char corruption(if she's too pure only 1 or 2 events are trigged or none at all, however if she's a slut, all of them are trigged randomly) which is a shit ton of work that I would never wish on anyone, the way it's reasonable is a small map or building where there's a chief to talk and receive work(once again with 2. 3 or 4 events pre-made trigged based on her corruption level)...these are my thoughts on the underground brothel matter or did I mistake the event you where talking about? if it's the bathhouse...full on gangbang then wake up on a random place!(either on the bathhouse, the park or outside of the building...or if there's a follow up to that, on a [isolated] place with the classmates)

Ahh, that's what you guys are talking about.

I really am losing my mind. I thought I had already linked together the next part of that event- guess I hadn't linked those two points together. I feel really dumb now! :lol:

The actual event is... Much more simple than that. The actual brothel itself is an area that a pure or corrupt Nytarra will potentially find a number of quests in, and a corrupt Nytarra will find a lot of ways to make money (mind you with the limited time of 5 "events" before the day is up, quests have the potential to be more rewarding than sex, sex is just quicker and much more self-satisfying for the short-term player).

But yeah, never mind I was on a completely different wavelength there. I was under the impression that I had at some point linked the brothel to the cart. I see where the miscommunication was, hehe.

I'll link the brothel in when I'm done with this current quest, and put up the corresponding link. Maybe hook in the transitions between leaving town and the beginning of chapter three so that that portion can also be explored since those two portions are where most of the work has been recently.
Grape_Drink

Postby xeragoth » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:24 pm

well eagerly waiting for it and if you add the bathroom scene finished i will die of happiness XD.
xeragoth

Postby AllenAndArth » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:56 am

looks like I made a trip to the reaper's planet and back again...I didn't help you one bit, sorry grape, I was in another place in those suggestions...
AllenAndArth

Postby Grape_Drink » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:42 am

xeragoth Wrote:well eagerly waiting for it and if you add the bathroom scene finished i will die of happiness XD.

I'll try to get that one done, I should've just completed that one instead of wandering off elsewhere.

AllenAndArth Wrote:looks like I made a trip to the reaper's planet and back again...I didn't help you one bit, sorry grape, I was in another place in those suggestions...

It's fine man, if anything it actually did help me out since I wouldn't have noticed that transition from the cart to the brothel if you guys hadn't brought it up, which would have left out a nice big chunk of this chapter's content.

Plus, all suggestions help out in one way or another, as they keep the imagination flowing. While the general plot is fleshed out ahead of time on paper, at least 75% of sub quests and mini events are spur of the moment ideas, sometimes caused by suggestions/feedback.
Grape_Drink

Postby xeragoth » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:58 am

ooh yeah i found out that if you move your save from an old version to a new one, you lose all your corruption, that's why when you told me that i needed 115 i was like. What that's impossible i have only 26 and i have done everything, but when i restarted my game from new game i ended up with 136

if you want suggestions for a H-scene i would love an scene that make jennallia act like a dog maybe as a connection to do the boys of the bathroom blackmailing her even more later on.
xeragoth

Postby AllenAndArth » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:16 pm

xeragoth Wrote:ooh yeah i found out that if you move your save from an old version to a new one, you lose all your corruption, that's why when you told me that i needed 115 i was like. What that's impossible i have only 26 and i have done everything, but when i restarted my game from new game i ended up with 136

if you want suggestions for a H-scene i would love an scene that make jennallia act like a dog maybe as a connection to do the boys of the bathroom blackmailing her even more later on.

that didn't happen to me...my corruption carried on from the old to the new version with no problem!
by the way, Jenallia is the ancient sorcerer, the girl you move is called Nytarra
AllenAndArth

Postby xeragoth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:28 am

yeah i know her name is nytarra but i forget the name and then i use the name jenallia since is the name of the title, is just that i always been bad remembering names XD
xeragoth

Postby AllenAndArth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:43 am

xeragoth Wrote:yeah i know her name is nytarra but i forget the name and then i use the name jenallia since is the name of the title, is just that i always been bad remembering names XD

ah...I know hot it is, i'm also bad with names T-T
AllenAndArth

Postby Grape_Drink » Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:48 am

Alright, I completed a few things so if you want to explore what's completed after the city it should be possible now.

This is my list of things I need to do still before I begin official bugtesting for a proper "release" of version 0.6.

Populating the town

Making the North East portion of town dangerous/Completing quests that will run there

Completing brothel-related quests/populating the brothel/brothel scenes

Designing the Darkness Portal Graveyard Subquest

Going back and reviewing chapter 2 work for plot discrepancies, character's acting out of character, unreasonable/unusual/unrealistic scenes (the "secret" chicken level and such aside, secret levels are supposed to break immersion a bit.)

Fixing lingering bugs I've ignored/overlooked/didn't notice

Balancing the System with many new added optional items that will make battles (hopefully) more dynamic (Furor, Red Haze, Chaos up/down scrolls, etc.)

Finishing up Zenith Heights transitions/Beginning of Zenith heights portion of chapter three.

Adding in random points of interest in the overworld map of the Zenith Heights Road

Hopefully establishing the overworld map for the Northern half of Solarinth for pre-exploration before full Chapter Three work begins.

Finish the transition between the day being over and exiting the city, set all characters to level three (E.G. complete the transition from chapter two to chapter three)

Begin naming the chapters

There's a chest full of all sorts of goodies that will make the game horribly easy to play through inside a chest in the library back at the school, but it will also give you a chance to experiment with future items that will make battles far in the player's favor in exchange for swaths of gold, manually change sexy skill, purity/corruption, relationships, etc. (basically a bugtester's chest)

But yeah, expect the links to be up in about 10 minutes.

Oh! And as a heads up about that incomplete brothel quest!

If you do the circle break in quest, the only current way to complete it at this time is to have moderate corruption, not help the old man, and open the door to the convict's cells.

Also...

@Xera- Can you describe the area you were in when you transferred saves? It sounds like a mild bug that will only effect a couple people, but one I should see if it's fixable for all the same.
Grape_Drink

Postby AllenAndArth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:09 pm

are the links up already?
AllenAndArth

Postby xeragoth » Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:59 pm

i believe it was in the prison but i cant remember
xeragoth

Postby mrttao » Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:56 pm

xeragoth Wrote:i believe it was in the prison but i cant remember

what prison?
mrttao

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner