Jenallia's Wrath; Cancelled as of 11/14/2013

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Should future chapters be released with sex being added as a "patch?" (see blog)

Yes
53%
No
23%
Maybe/no opinion/fine either way
23%
Other (explain)
No votes

Total votes : 43

Re: Jenallia's Wrath (On "hold" as of 12/27/12)

Postby mrttao » Tue May 14, 2013 2:18 pm

Grape_Drink Wrote:I suppose what I'm trying to say, is a broken Nytarra would require me to write almost an entirely different story on top of the one I'm writing just to keep it from seeming like she's getting up and dusting off her cooch like heroines tend to do in games. With that in mind, cases where Nytarra would die or become broken result in GoR simply because it keeps the player on the dynamically linear story they're on. (I call it dynamically linear because the player should have a good bit of say in what happens, but their long term story goal shouldn't deviate too much until near the end.)

This is pretty much the main reason many authors go with GoR over RoL. It is just too much work to account for the major consequences.
However, that still allows you to mitigate the way GoR is implemented. Like offering plenty of early warning to save the game before a big fight. Or giving the option to (after showing the smut) "accept defeat" or "retry fight", the latter would involve automatically saving before a fight occurs and then reloading that. Having a "surrender" option, having a "what could have been" (unlock the GoR of a specific enemy in gallery mode of some sort if you defeat that enemy), etc.
mrttao

Postby Grape_Drink » Wed May 15, 2013 3:31 am

Yep. If I had enough time on my hands, I'd totally go and add in all those sub branches, I've run through a few of them in my head before, but frankly it'd be a -ton- of work to accomplish.

Yeah that's a design flaw on my part...I've always had a "save after every battle/decision" mentality while gaming (mostly because our computer constantly broke down as a kid), and I think it may have translated into my developing... I'll have to remember to give players ample warning before fights with strong chances of losing so that they have a chance to save and go back. I think if I give the player proper warning to save (and in most cases the ability to skip GoR scenes) then it'll mostly be on their end to decide when to save and when not to in cases like boss battles.

I'm really shitty with scripting, so something like Despair Labyrinth's gallery is probably out of my league. (I could potentially put in an "unlockable gallery" after the game has been beaten, have an item that can activate the scenes and use common events to reiterate them, but that's something way off in the distance.)
Grape_Drink

Postby AllenAndArth » Wed May 15, 2013 4:48 am

hey mister grape(can I call you that?) I can't ever for the life of me get that gangbang scene in the bath house, is it because I suck or it hasn't been implemented yet?
by the way...first vote, I feel special :) Lucien just gives that vibe...only possible explanation for my vote
AllenAndArth

Postby The-Rippy-One » Wed May 15, 2013 7:21 am

Lucien is...just...he's written like the derivative of a Wolverine-wannabe from the 90's...which, for his character-type, is actually really appropriate (Good Job!), but it's the sort of thing that grates on me, no matter the necessity of it.

I'm stuck at the 2nd prison cafeteria scene, so, no idea what happens after. Maybe he redeems himself? don't know. Right now, he's just an overly violent misogynist without any panache.
The-Rippy-One

Postby Darth Cheesecake » Wed May 15, 2013 9:14 am

The-Rippy-One Wrote:Lucien is...just...he's written like the derivative of a Wolverine-wannabe from the 90's...which, for his character-type, is actually really appropriate (Good Job!), but it's the sort of thing that grates on me, no matter the necessity of it.

I'm stuck at the 2nd prison cafeteria scene, so, no idea what happens after. Maybe he redeems himself? don't know. Right now, he's just an overly violent misogynist without any panache.

I'm stuck there as well. I've several people have posted that there is a way around that bug, but none of them seem to have gone into specifics.
Darth Cheesecake

Postby Grosham » Wed May 15, 2013 10:00 am

The-Rippy-One Wrote:he's just an overly violent misogynist without any panache.

Violent? He was healing the guy! It was his friend that was violent. ;)

Ahem. He's certainly not a good guy, but I don't see that as him being an antagonist. A douche, okay, but not an enemy. More may become clear after we get his full history, and as long as he's around Nytarra she can probably keep him on a leash.
And then he vanished, never seen again.
Grosham

Postby Darth Cheesecake » Wed May 15, 2013 10:48 am

Grosham Wrote:
The-Rippy-One Wrote:he's just an overly violent misogynist without any panache.

Violent? He was healing the guy! It was his friend that was violent. ;)

Ahem. He's certainly not a good guy, but I don't see that as him being an antagonist. A douche, okay, but not an enemy. More may become clear after we get his full history, and as long as he's around Nytarra she can probably keep him on a leash.

He gets a modicum of respect/tolerance for being aware/lampshading/calling me out on my demon screwing ways.

Of course my response ended up amounting to a somewhat classier version of Doesn't matter had sex.
Darth Cheesecake

Postby Grape_Drink » Thu May 23, 2013 12:22 am

AllenAndArth Wrote:hey mister grape(can I call you that?) I can't ever for the life of me get that gangbang scene in the bath house, is it because I suck or it hasn't been implemented yet?
by the way...first vote, I feel special :) Lucien just gives that vibe...only possible explanation for my vote

You can call me anything you want baby 8-)

In any case, no, you don't suck, it hasn't been fully implemented yet. The only requirement is that you have 115 corruption (take all drugs from chests, screw the orc, screw the demon and you should hit it). The scene itself isn't finished yet though due to writer's block.

The-Rippy-One Wrote:Lucien is...just...he's written like the derivative of a Wolverine-wannabe from the 90's...which, for his character-type, is actually really appropriate (Good Job!), but it's the sort of thing that grates on me, no matter the necessity of it.

Kinda what I was going for, his original inspiration was Vico from ADWR and a couple of folks I know from real life. Glad to hear he's doing his job!

Grosham Wrote:Ahem. He's certainly not a good guy, but I don't see that as him being an antagonist. A douche, okay, but not an enemy. More may become clear after we get his full history, and as long as he's around Nytarra she can probably keep him on a leash.

I... Won't go into that cookie. It's something that I have a good idea of, but it's not written down as officially deadset, and current renditions don't paint him in the best of lights, simply make his views/opinions appear with more clarity.

-
Darth Cheesecake Wrote:
The-Rippy-One Wrote:-snip=

I'm stuck there as well. I've several people have posted that there is a way around that bug, but none of them seem to have gone into specifics.

It's a persistent bug I've had to work around, but for now it seems to be under control in my version.

I'll just post the current development version for folks to go over if they'd like. That one is fixed for sure.

http://www.filedropper.com/jenalliawrathuntestedlatest

Just uhh... make sure to save often after the institution.
Grape_Drink

Postby Darth Cheesecake » Thu May 23, 2013 1:27 am

Marvelous, just finished re-downloading looking forward to the rest of this version.
Darth Cheesecake

Postby AllenAndArth » Thu May 23, 2013 6:39 pm

sooo...only when it's possible to screw the orc and not get the black screen of doom
AllenAndArth

Postby Grape_Drink » Fri May 24, 2013 4:09 am

AllenAndArth Wrote:sooo...only when it's possible to screw the orc and not get the black screen of doom

Screwing the orc in the link in my previous post is possible, works just fine, made some changes to corruption so choosing drug-related options during previous events, screwing the temptress, or a few other events that increase corruption should put you at or over that limit, but the event isn't complete, so... yeah, kinda the same situation, it'll start looping.
Grape_Drink

Postby AllenAndArth » Fri May 24, 2013 3:54 pm

I saw it, on the new untested version...bugs or things related that I found:
1- the gangbang keeps on looping, I think it's more because it's incomplete.
2- The park scene with Erin, even after everything is finished, she's still in the there...
3- the thief behind the mayor's house doesn't disappear after you defeat him, only when you let him get away
4- once you get to the in and decides to wait with THE MAID(Sen is awesome) you get in a loop talking with the boring one(Lendell)
AllenAndArth

Postby Mickele » Sun May 26, 2013 12:21 pm

i'm not sure if anybody has mentioned it before or if i can't figure it out,
but if you are in the abandomed mansion for killing the ghosts and the temptress,
after you solved everything Lucien takes you up on his way to get revenge by visiting the north-eastern room,
when i climbed down the ladder etc. i can't exit the corridor, just at the end it says, the seal is active here as well or something similar...
so getting back to the ladder and out of this room isn't possible,
even if i understand, that the headmast you want to kill is just awaiting you right infront of the mansion...
Mickele

Postby moonblack » Sun May 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Hint: Pay attention to the walls in that area...
moonblack

Postby AllenAndArth » Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:19 am

hey guys, just a heads up, grape still working on it and updating the blog, but, he's working soooo there's no date for the release yet and he's been thinking in a few cool projects and stuff, check out the comments on the last update on the blog
AllenAndArth

Postby xeragoth » Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:03 am

this is a little old but i wanted to ask if someone can post again the latest jenallia wrath the one that said not tested it was on filedropped but it died

but i no one has it can someone tell me how to complete the second time of the cafeteria on the prison i know is bugged i read some people saying that you can past it but no one say how?
xeragoth

Postby Grape_Drink » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:43 am

I'll get the latest bugged version up here in a minute, lemme just switch the game's starting location back to its original place.

EDIT: Should be up now.
Grape_Drink

Postby AllenAndArth » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:18 am

cool! I was almost going on withdrawn without it *0*
AllenAndArth

Postby xeragoth » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:52 am

sorry to ask but there is 5 links which one is the updated i did go throught all of them but i see no change
i believe you put the bugfree one but i was asking for the completely untested one the one i can finish the prison because V.055 dont let me
xeragoth

Postby mrttao » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:45 am

are you ok with us users reuploading and posting the new link here?
mrttao

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner