Lets us may be make AS3 version of LoK ?

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Lets us may be make AS3 version of LoK ?

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:36 pm

There are a lot of time pass.

And i decede to remake AS2 version of LoK to AS3. AS3 is not the best languge to make games like LoK - too much code to wright. The 2-3 lines off code of AS2 version becomes 10 lines of code in AS3.

But i find a good as i think solution. It is possible to make a admin panel - that lets you do it much more simpler on AS3. Just for example - there are not more than 5 buttons that are using when direct where sex movie should go. Or for example random ? Not more then 5 frames where to go from 1 frame. So i make all that components.

I hope that it is more simple to use it, than code it each time =)

If some problems with it - ask me, or try to read a little help about AS3 for example there: viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2370

43 version game is for touch screen PC / 35 is standart they are the same - if you delete layer FTS in 43 version. But may be i am wrong. 35 version can be more stable.
Last edited by OwnerOfSuccuby on Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:14 pm, edited 16 times in total.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Re: Lets us may be make AS3 version of LoK ?

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:53 pm

Just as simple example :

Components are not made yet )) So try not to use it now =) Just a demo version.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby omp123 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm just wondering what the significant difference between using 3.0 instead of 2.0 would be. Would it allow for more complex features and game-play possibilities that would be far too complex/impossible to do in 2.0? Or does it run smoother on the user end?
omp123

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:36 pm

AS3 gives a little more options that user can use when code in it. For example any time change frame rate and make movie faster and some parts slower and etc. AS2 is more older then AS3 - so may be some body who want to play with it and do not want to learn AS2 can do it on AS3.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby omp123 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:47 pm

Alright then. Well I only learned rudimentary AS2 when I took a class on it about 3-4 years ago, so AS3 is greek to me.
omp123

Postby Megami » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:40 am

well i find as3 annoying especially since it keeps bugging around, or tell me that theres something wrong even if i import a fully working as3 flash from somewhere else ..... :S
Megami

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:44 pm

Thats like new components work =) It let's remake faster AS2 to AS3 :mrgreen:

They are not finished yet - after i remade all animation on it i will add invisible to it when start movie and make effect like button on pointing by mouse :mrgreen:

A lot of animations are already remade. So i hope i will finish soon with it :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby BlueLight » Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:43 pm

Somebody did or was doing this not to long ago.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Do you mean that there already is Legend of Krystal made on AS3 ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby SonicExTc » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:06 pm

Yeah, I remember a thread about this somewhere... It had some results, can't remember though...
Keep it up guys, thank you.
"In principio erat verbum, et verbum erat aput deum, et deus erat verbum"
SonicExTc

Postby StationB » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:44 am

The first animation is hot. Hope something actually comes of this.
StationB
Newly Registered

Postby Ath » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:31 pm

If you're going to port LoK over to AS3 etc.

I think it would be useful in the long run to port it over to Starling
http://gamua.com/starling/

Starling is written in ActionScript 3, it's free, open source, cross-platform engine for Flash. It makes use of Stage3D, but it is specifically a 2D engine.

It'll give more flexbility in the future - plus the other thing - high frame rate performance. Plus more input options etc.
Ath

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:06 pm

Thank you for the link. But i think that i will remake it in old LoK 2 style. I want it looks the same, but have more options that will AS3 gives.
The same way - AS3 needs to write more code. I want to remake it to work with out coding. Make a
graphic interface for some body who do not like coding. Nobody will want to read 10500 manuals how to do some thing, so all that will be made have to be very simple and have manual not more than 1-2 pages of text with pictues.

Besides i already made the part of work on that way ;) and i like the way it works :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Icelink256 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Graphic interface?
Well, here's a tip... Store the vector "icons" and the model assembly code together, but store the animation "keyframes" seperately. I was working on a similar program in java about a year ago, but had to scrap it because of bad file formatting. x,x

The custom extension was called "MIM", named as Mario is Missing graphical format.
Near the end of the project, I was able to create and playback multi-model animation sequences.

There was even a technical design document fully planned for "3D" (pseudo3D) character models.

Again, just... watch how you export your data. Or you could end up with a problem on your hands.
(If anybody is curious, MIM format had been modeled after ID Software's MD2 format.)
Just look up an "MD2 file specification". Note that many of the original format's data would have been cut entirely.
Icelink256

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:36 pm

I did not understand anything :lol: My English is not good enough to understand people some times :roll:

But do not worry, i think it will work. I do not work with MiM / and etc. I think Flash is good itself for its needs. It is possible to make 2d/pseudo3D animation and games in it. So it is no need to use any storage files if you mean this. It is even possible to make 3 d programs on it - but it is hard and i do not think that it will work correctly. For that purpose it is C++/Delphi and etc. the same type languges for it (They 100% can work with it so it is better they do it :mrgreen: ).

I mean that a lot of work can be easily avoided by using some components that is possible to do. May be they will work a little slower - but it is not critical.
May be i am wrong - but for now it works with out mistakes. I do not like some mistakes of flash with some components - for example you have object.

If you put the same object on 2 frames sequentially - the code on 2 frames will not work for it. If they are named like b1/b2 all will work. If there are 2 different objects with the same names all will work.

Some of this characteristics of flash do not let to optimize some components to work with out any code, but it anyway makes coding simpler.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby IrrelevantComment » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:42 pm

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2213#p123872

There's the fla containing the entire LoK game converted into AS3, with a few extra features added such as Saving/Loading, a pause menu and statistic tracking. Feel free to use it for whatever.
IrrelevantComment

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:49 pm

Remade 80% of background. Retest some parts of code. I do not know how to make it 100% work it automatically so it needs a little code in it to make it work :mrgreen: Remake 60 % of animations. It have some lags may be but it have to be tested when it will be post in the main time line.

Remove a lot of bugs - now it work more like AS2 version - no new lags :mrgreen:

I will post the demo soon i hope on next week. When i start to write on forum - then more i write then less i do in flash :lol: so for now it is better to work in flash for me ;)
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Icelink256 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:27 pm

@OwnerOfSuccuby
That is fine, I moved from Germany to Canada ten years ago, and still haven't seemed to grasp spoken english. Reading and writing english seems to be quite a bit easier than speaking it.

Uh, not quite a storage format, actually. What I was talking about, was closer to a reduced 3D format. But instead used for 2D, which allows you to strip away any garbage data.

It had condensed list data, in order: the header, the vector shapes, the model data, the number of keyframes, and lastly, the keyframe modifiers followed by a memory break string.

The format was, basically a customized text file, containing x/y coordinates, and math formulas condensed by a sizing ratio. The engine itself was going to be called "Playshapes' Developers Kit", but even though the animation system was fully completed while everything else-- such as the game engine functions, and custom scripting system. Were overall far from being completed.

The program's original concept, was to integrate each of playshapes' games in some way. Mostly by key function and the engines overall. (It was named after mario is missing, because of the multi-directional bodyparts system that it had inspired.) That's the function that I had meant by pseudo 3D. It used X, Y and Depth.

Anyways, that program DOES sound interesting. So hopefully you'll get it working just fine.
Icelink256

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:27 am

What is interesting - LoK original game has 13 character speed 13 fps and 13 location (+1 hidden). The 13 location is Dark woods - the last location in game :lol: To many 13 in it :lol:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:18 pm

For now i plan:
1)Add loops
2)Add secret location
3)Add armor change
4)Add messy change (may be some thing will be added like color change for it i do not know for now - will it look good).
x)Add music.
6)Final optimization
OwnerOfSuccuby

Next

Return to Creative Corner