Cthulhu's junk

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Cthulhu's junk

Postby Cthulhu » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:49 am

Hello, I've been in turmoil as to whether or not I should post any of my drawings here. The problem being that I lack a scanner to scan my pencil draws in and my digital drawings are awkward. Awkward as in I mainly don't draw on a tablet because it feels weird and my drawings don't come out the way I want them to. I also tend to be on a drawing hiatus, so I'm really rusty with the tablet.

I'm new here (kinda, been lurking here for over a year) and the whole "noobs gotta wait for approval for their posts" sort of put me in a funk (since I registered). I can see reason why it was necessary and have nothing against. I'm just literally lazy and have very little patience, making me more of a lurker than a poster. Hopefully, I have at least posted enough (it is 10 posts in order to remove the limit, correct?) so I can readily respond to anything on this thread.

So I have been thinking about posting sketches now, generally to improve under objective criticisms and to have a thread to refer to if there are those who need an artist to help them with a project of sorts. I wouldn't mind drawing characters/design to anyone with a request (it would help me in improving), but I will decline if you are rude or I find that I'm not capable of drawing certain things that you want.

I'll be posted sketches, digital paintings, fanart related to games I've played here (haha, I honestly have become a fan of the flash games here) and animations probably.

Be kind >_<
Attachments
peach.jpg
2011 - I had this for a year and finally I can post it here. Forgive me is it looks weird. My first fanart of the Mario is Missing game. This is really embarrassing.
peach.jpg (93.07 KiB) Viewed 76432 times
malefaces.jpg
2012 - Uhhh, still working on drawing guys faces... I like where I'm going though so I'm content atm.
malefaces.jpg (86 KiB) Viewed 76432 times
female anatomy.jpg
2012 - Since I'm trying to draw on my tablet now, I decided to practice on drawing girls again. Unfortunately I'm not that great at anime drawings. Something about the eyes and noses in anime that bother me...
Cthulhu

Re: Cthulhu's junk

Postby chromecart » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:19 am

Fellow lurker here-- I say it looks great, and to keep at it! Sure, the perspective and anatomy are a little rough around the edges, but you've got a pretty solid foundation going; with a little study and practice, it should smooth itself out. Tablets are a bit irksome to draw on, especially if you're not well acquainted with them (again, that nasty practice stuff that gets in the way of video games and fluorescent light-bulb duels). The only time an artist should be embarrassed is when they tell him or herself that there is no room to improve upon.
chromecart
Newly Registered

Postby Eggplants » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:23 pm

Wow these are awesome! I really love your style and I'm super jealous of your ability to draw faces on all sorts of angles. Heh heh also compared to your style I don't think anime should be hard to pick up. I think it's so much easier than trying to draw like this.
I animate and draw stuff! Check out my gallery if you wish.
Also my email is [email protected]. I'm always happy to receive emails ;)
Eggplants
LoK Team Member

Postby Lucky777 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:23 pm

... Tremendous. Good shit. I see nothing here to disapprove of other than that censoring on the AWESOME garter-belt office-lady, sir.

That and I wonder about the bottom-right animu chick's stomach.

I'm no artist, but I can tell garbage when I see it, and this is PRETTY FUCKING FAR from garbage.
Lucky777

Postby Schramm » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:30 pm

Cthulhu Wrote:This is really embarrassing.

I have no idea what you are on about, apart from a few little things that dont look right (like bottom left girl's legs) they are really really awsome.
:D
Songwriter looking for projects to be involved in, Please PM me if you are interested or check out some of my work here
Kelt Wrote: “If you were a centaur, I’d recommend suicide. Since you’re human, I’d say your best option is to fuck off.”
Schramm

Postby Hattorihanzo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:06 pm

Very nice. I like your work. ;)
Hattorihanzo

Postby PervertedFreak » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Judging from the title "Cthulhu's junk" I was expecting something a little different.. (and a whole lot weirder..!)

Not sure if relieved :lol:

By the way it's good, can't wait to see some more sketches from you.
PervertedFreak

Postby kingofbrocoli » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:41 pm

screw anime faces everybody draws anime the world needs more good western looking drawings
kingofbrocoli

Postby Cthulhu » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:46 pm

chromecart Wrote:Fellow lurker here-- I say it looks great, and to keep at it! Sure, the perspective and anatomy are a little rough around the edges, but you've got a pretty solid foundation going; with a little study and practice, it should smooth itself out. Tablets are a bit irksome to draw on, especially if you're not well acquainted with them (again, that nasty practice stuff that gets in the way of video games and fluorescent light-bulb duels). The only time an artist should be embarrassed is when they tell him or herself that there is no room to improve upon.

Lol XD. Thanks for your advice, I'll definitely work on my perspective and anatomy a bit more. The funny part is that I used to take reference from anime and comics for anatomy when I was a kid and it stuck with me for so long that I forget to look at a proper real life body when references were needed (though there's this model with a lot of flesh and curves that slightly stuck with me as an influence). I study real life anatomy, but its different from looking and remembering. And I tend to draw from memory, but I definitely hope to improve on those.

Eggplants Wrote:Wow these are awesome! I really love your style and I'm super jealous of your ability to draw faces on all sorts of angles. Heh heh also compared to your style I don't think anime should be hard to pick up. I think it's so much easier than trying to draw like this.

Haha Thanks so much! I'm super jealous of the construction of your anatomy drawings though! Actually, when I started to draw, anime was the first thing I got into. It wasn't until I got older that I deviated from it. There's just something about anime that I can't get back into drawing. It clashes so much with how I draw now that I honestly struggle with it a lot. I find realism a lot more easier to draw XD; Maybe that's just me.

Lucky777 Wrote:... Tremendous. Good shit. I see nothing here to disapprove of other than that censoring on the AWESOME garter-belt office-lady, sir.

That and I wonder about the bottom-right animu chick's stomach.

I'm no artist, but I can tell garbage when I see it, and this is PRETTY FUCKING FAR from garbage.

Aww, thank you so much. I try to keep my junk from being garbage, lol. I draw from my experience which is basically anime/comic anatomy with a dash of real life older models. So the stomach thing is definitely a clash of one model's stomach that has stuck with me for so long and my influences from earlier anatomy structure of fiction. And let me tell you, that model had a lot of curves in every area. I really like drawing curves which probably makes stomachs protrude a bit more oddly. I really can't help it, bias opinion of mine, but I really like that. However if it's actually weird, then I'll work better to make less mistakes like that.

And garter-belt office-lady censored because I didn't know how to draw an actual vagina without derping like an idiot.

Schramm Wrote:
Cthulhu Wrote:This is really embarrassing.

I have no idea what you are on about, apart from a few little things that dont look right (like bottom left girl's legs) they are really really awsome.
:D

Lol, bottom left girl's legs were just lazy doodles. I was like "Fuck it" and drew them without consideration. XD It is embarrassing because I honestly don't show my drawings, even more so sketches to people. But I considered that this forum was really pervy but blunt enough to help me with anatomy and perspectives. Not to mention, I always find a gajillion mistakes AFTER I upload them, which amplifies my embarrassment. Haha.

Thanks though, I appreciate it!

Hattorihanzo Wrote:Very nice. I like your work. ;)

Thanks XD, I try to make my work likable... though making them unlikable just to see reactions are tempting at times...

PervertedFreak Wrote:Judging from the title "Cthulhu's junk" I was expecting something a little different.. (and a whole lot weirder..!)

Not sure if relieved :lol:

By the way it's good, can't wait to see some more sketches from you.

LOL :lol: Thanks for the compliment! I was considering the title between art and sketches but settled down with junk because of the possiblility of post more than just sketches and paintings. Mmhmm.
Last edited by Cthulhu on Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cthulhu

Postby mando » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:47 pm

Hey Cthulhu, I'm really digging your artwork, just seems really solid all around.

I hope you get a game to showcase your art in, at this point it really seems like it (and you as well) deserves it.
mando

Postby Cthulhu » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:54 pm

kingofbroccoli Wrote:screw anime faces everybody draws anime the world needs more good western looking drawings

Haha XDD. That's true in some way. But there's a reason why anime faces are more popular than western looking faces unfortunately. Learned this the hard way when I tried to sell my drawings at a con. I'm trying to expand enough styles so that I can gain enough attention and work for people who require specific styles of art.

But thanks! Your comment definitely made my day.

mando Wrote:Hey Cthulhu, I'm really digging your artwork, just seems really solid all around.

I hope you get a game to showcase your art in, at this point it really seems like it (and you as well) deserves it.

Awww thanks so much Mando! I definitely hope to have my art in a game or make one some day. I tried to get into programming but my patience just runs dry all the time I start with a code. I've been lurking here long enough to notice there are programmers looking for artists, so I'm just gonna keep prowling around more and find someone who wants me to draw for their games. I have ideas floating around, but it's a matter of improving my drawings and being more consistent with things before I can ever make games. So I'm starting off, one at a time.
Cthulhu

Postby BlueLight » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:03 am

I do have a request. I need 2 pictures that are about 50 by 100 for a pixel size. One I would like as a picture for a women face, the other of a thugs/goons face.
I just need something basic so i have visuals to be displayed with my game. It's in a really alpha stage.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:10 am

BlueLight Wrote:I do have a request. I need 2 pictures that are about 50 by 100 for a pixel size. One I would like as a picture for a women face, the other of a thugs/goons face.
I just need something basic so i have visuals to be displayed with my game. It's in a really alpha stage.

Oh snap! Sure, I'll definitely get right on it. Just wondering because I'm drawing them but do you want them to face frontal or 3/4 perspective? Is there's a certain preference you want for the woman's face. Hot? Ugly? Stereotype?

Cuz I've been in a rockabilly mood these days, and all the ladies I draw look like they're from the 60's. So I'm just wondering if there's a specific look you want the woman to look like before my bias nature gets in the way.
Cthulhu

Postby BlueLight » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:26 am

Face frontal, and hot.
I have no problem with 60's doll face.
BlueLight

Postby mando » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 am

I don't think you're gonna have trouble finding someone who wants you to draw for them. Honestly your art just seems to be very finished, the only thing I see missing is backgrounds, but I know not all artists do that. I'd totally feature your art in my game, or even make a game for you.
mando

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:37 am

Here you go Bluelight, I hope these are satisfactory. I decided to present each with 2 different sizes because the 50x100 px was a bit hard to see.

@Mando - Thanks so much, if you ever need an artist, you know who to ask :D
Attachments
300x600.gif
300x600.gif (78.92 KiB) Viewed 73675 times
50x100.gif
Female
50x100.gif (5.28 KiB) Viewed 73675 times
300x600-2.gif
300x600-2.gif (91.53 KiB) Viewed 73675 times
50x100-2.gif
thug
50x100-2.gif (6.32 KiB) Viewed 73675 times
Cthulhu

Postby BlueLight » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:10 am

Thank you.
I didn't think the 50x100 would be so small.
Thanks for the big version. This will give me something to mess with different sizes.
BlueLight

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:01 am

Very good work! I look forward to your future work!

Detailed criticism may come later, but for the most part it's great.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Zeus Kabob » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:55 am

Here's my critique.

Your big weakness when it comes to your art is the anatomy of your characters. They tend to have strange hips, as well as a variety of minor issues.

Your strength (and a big one at that) is the faces of your characters. The faces convey more emotion than I'm used to seeing, and that's a great thing. They instantly put personality into your characters. Keep working with those faces and you'll do great.

By the way, your art is great. Your female models are hot and appealing, having various traits from innocent and cute to sultry and seductive, and their assets are varied and great. You have a great grasp of anatomy even though you have a tough time presenting it, and your posing and framing are both great. Your males are already great, but if you think they can improve, I am excited for what you show me next.

Thanks for what you've put up, and I look forward to your future work.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:58 am

Aww jeez Zeus Kabob, you're making me blush :D Thank you for your criticism, I'll definitely work on my hip drawing skills. I worked hard on faces for so long because it's become a thing where I wanted a variety. I wanted to present that all kinds of girls are beautiful, every type, every size.

Generally because I was sick of seeing replicas of little girls with womanly bodies, which I'm sure is more favourable by many but come on, think about all the ladies of the world. :lol:

Here's a sketch I've done, I don't have a name for this girl, but I'm totally thinking about working on her more in the future. Probably because I like her costume.
Attachments
namelessgirl.jpg
2012 - Well, can someone tell me how this girl's boob look? I wasn't sure if I placed the nipples accurately.
namelessgirl.jpg (171.39 KiB) Viewed 72192 times
Cthulhu

Next

Return to Creative Corner