[RPG Maker] Codename: -Progressive-

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

[RPG Maker] Codename: -Progressive-

Postby lipucd » Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Latest version can be found here:
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7728103/
Normal Download
'Midi' Only Version if First crashes trying to play .MP3

I've been working on this project for a few now, but figured it was about time to start letting other areas of the net that might be interested in it to give it a look over and the like.

It's an Ero-RPG made with RPG Maker XP, it's still HEAVILY a WIP ( most builds ATM are to show off what all we are aiming to do, what we can achieve, and to encourage more artist to jump on top of this ). You'll be finding quite a bit of Anthro/Furry elements right now ( as that's the main source of willing artist. ) and a few fetish themes. As the game expands, I can only hope these do as well.

It's main draws is a battle system with 'progressive' status effects that are visible on the player as fighting goes on. Otherwise it's kind of your normal flare, but done for English reading players first and foremost.

Current bugs that are known:
-If playing as Viola, losing in the bog parts of the map, and then going towards Tyamet would keep you always going as the slowed down movement.

-Sometimes animations don't update when a status wears off normally.

-Chances are a ton of spelling mistakes that need to be redone.
Attachments
RPG1.png
RPG1.png (470.17 KiB) Viewed 50112 times
RPG2.png
Screenshots
RPG2.png (302.89 KiB) Viewed 50112 times
Developer of 'Codename: -Progressive-'
FA page
lipucd

Re: [RPG Maker] Codename: -Progressive-

Postby FurryTurtle » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:30 pm

This reminds me of Monster Girl quest =3 Hope its as good if not better.
FurryTurtle

Postby Kengi » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:39 pm

I gave this a try It was a lot of fun and I hope it gets updates soon!
Kengi

Postby BlueLight » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:52 pm

I'll look in to this.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby FlashOfSonic » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:41 pm

The game Wrote:RGSS102E.dll could not be found.

Is this a common problem with RPG Maker games, and if so, how do I fix it?
FlashOfSonic

Postby lipucd » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:16 am

FlashOfSonic Wrote:

GAH! Somehow I knew there was a link missing in the first post, but after updating it, and having to wait YET AGAIN for it to process itself, I wasn't in the mood for a third time to lose my thread and wait 48 hours for it to come back. ^^;

http://dl.degica.com/trial/enterbrain/xp/xp_rtp104e.exe
You'll need that, the RTP, installed to play any RPG Maker XP games.
They also have RTP's for VX, VX Ace, 2000, and 2003 on their website.
FA page
lipucd

Postby killzone1012 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:16 am

looks good cant wait to play the finished product
killzone1012

Postby ker » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:48 am

FlashOfSonic Wrote:

Pretty much every RPG maker uses the art assets that come with the game, but they're not bundled in unless the author spefically chooses to do so (and that adds in 20-30mb of data, with RPG maker VX having a max file size of 120). The art assets are called the RTP and they are available for free.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

Note : This only work with the specific version of RPG maker that they are created for, and the Japanese and English releases are different. So this game was created in RPG-XP which is what you have to download. Harem, my game, is using VX, so it's a different RTP. And if you downloaded a Japanese made one (included ones that were translated) you'll have a different RTP for that one.

However, it is only a one time download. Download the right RTP, install it, and all RPG-XP games will work. Ditto for VX and VX-Ace
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby ker » Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:49 am

FlashOfSonic Wrote:

Pretty much every RPG maker uses the art assets that come with the game, but they're not bundled in unless the author specifically chooses to do so (and that adds in 20-30mb of data, with RPG maker VX having a max file size of 120). The art assets are called the RTP and they are available for free.

http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/run-time-package

Note : This only work with the specific version of RPG maker that they are created for, and the Japanese and English releases are different. So this game was created in RPG-XP which is what you have to download. Harem, my game, is using VX, so it's a different RTP. And if you downloaded a Japanese made one (included ones that were translated) you'll have a different RTP for that one.

However, it is only a one time download. Download the right RTP, install it, and all RPG-XP games will work. Ditto for VX and VX-Ace

OP, you really should include that link and instructions on how to install. If not you'll receive this question constantly. You still get the question even if you do, just far less often.
I'm making a H game of my own called Harem. Version c6m0 released 4/5/17
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=2237

Blog http://harem-vx.blogspot.com/ Patreon https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2583450&ty=h
ker

Postby FurryTurtle » Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:58 pm

FlashOfSonic Wrote:

I have the same problem :/
FurryTurtle

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:40 pm

FlashOfSonic Wrote:

Try gettin' a hold of the Rpg Maker XP runtime package.
Lucky777

Postby SonicExTc » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Looks too good to be true.... hope it's not another one of those failed projects. =_='
Good luck.
"In principio erat verbum, et verbum erat aput deum, et deus erat verbum"
SonicExTc

Postby Cliff Racer » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:50 pm

Ah, I played this for a bit. It's rather well done, and I believe it's one of the first games I've played here that allows you to play as a scaly, which gets extra props from me. I also thought it was neat that the panda clothing became items in your inventory if you got out of the battle partially covered, and you could just take them off afterwards. A very nice touch.
Scree! Scree! Scree! I'm on weekdays from 4:00 to 6:50, then 14:00 to 22:00 (all PST) and most weekends all day, excluding sporadic video game breaks!
Cliff Racer

Postby FurryTurtle » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:15 pm

SonicExTc Wrote:Looks too good to be true.... hope it's not another one of those failed projects. =_='
Good luck.

I actually did this a day or so after i made the comment and it indeed solved my problem but i have like 6 of them in all kinds of folders because a don't know where it goes specifically :P
FurryTurtle

Postby Timiddarkspy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:02 am

I've played for half-an hour, but I'm already liking this a lot. I can't make a proper review with what I've seen, but I'll get back to you later. I can tell you is that this is some really great work you got here, and I hope to see more updates to this soon.
Timiddarkspy
Newly Registered

Postby lipucd » Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:32 am

Yeah, I want to edit my post to have it in...but ATM I'm apparently still at this entire "You can't post without having your post approved"...and if I do that towards the first post of a topic...the ENTIRE topic vanishes till it's re-approved.
SOOOO...I'll wait till I can get enough posts done ( or just that limit lifted ) before I edit such.
I'm currently retooling areas, more less adding a third zone with a playable cast of three at once.

@Cliff Racer
Glad to hear! Indeed I'm trying to do lots of 'little' things here and there. I figured the suit's being well...PARTS of clothing that are forced worn would be far better then any other way to do such. I have plans for more of the same down the line.

@SonicExTc
Thanks for the interest! I've got a bit too much backing behind this to have it cut short I think. It'll be gettind done that for sure...MAYBE not as fast as everyone would hope/desire ( Art elements needing to get done, having my bad spelling/grammer checked over, catching any missed ordeals or unforseen bugs with in house testing, general length of development to get the most out of everything ). If I can get my posting unlimited, I can post update logs and the like and keep everyone here abreast on progress though.

@killzone1012
Admittedly a 'finished' product might be something along the lines of a year or so from now. What I'm showing off is only a SMALL fraction of what will be the full game at the end of the day.But I'm doing such now to draw interest, hopefully willing artist too as I can always use more of those. :P
FA page
lipucd

Postby BlueBody » Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:26 am

Zomg, this is a REALLY good start!

Plus, I have no idea why so many people are having trouble... I opened the game without a hitch. Hmm.

Also, I'd like to agree with Cliff Racer about the suits being un-equippable. Nice touch.

I really hope you develop more! :D
Fav. games on LoK Forums!
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BlueBody

Postby Timiddarkspy » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:09 am

Alright let me tell it to you straight, this is a brilliant piece of work. Some little details that you put into it was genius, and I have no idea why this is not getting the attention it deserves. Regardless great work, and keep this going!
Timiddarkspy
Newly Registered

Postby lipucd » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:32 pm

@BlueBody
I couldn't tell you myself. I'm not using the JP RTP so no need to mess around with unicode and the like. I also figure I've put out enough info to ensure anyone who reads my post can get all the basic questions answered in starting it up. Thanks for your vote to continue thought!

@Timiddarkspy
Thank you as well! I'm ATM retooling the two current zones to look far better then they did this last demo. I kinda wanted to get out the basic skeleton of things towards the player to see if this was indeed something people wanted. While maybe it's not getting as much focus as other projects are, what little I have gotten has shown me this is a desirable path for all.

What's to be expected in the upcoming demo:
-3rd area with a team of three playable girls for it
-Tyamet's zone reduxed with comic book style events
-Viola's area expanded on with more mobs and status types
-New Monster AI on map to only hunt after the player when close unless set otherwise.

I do hope you all keep an eye out for it! But I will say it'll be a while for it to be ready. I'll be posting progress reports as I move forward though!
FA page
lipucd

Postby lipucd » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:27 pm

It's been a few, and a new demos been under HEAVY development for a few now! Retooled areas, a new zone, sprites, more playable cast. It's a PRETTY massive list and I think you'll all end up enjoying it once it get's finished enough to be in a passable ( and playable! ) status. For now I wanted to just pass some of the stuff that you can expect in the newest demo.

-For starters the 'selection' area has been expanded on to give a better idea of the full scope of the project's end goal is. Yes. You count those crystals right, there be 12 in a row, and this is only the goal we are aiming for, it might end up less, might end up more. I'm aiming for more, but baby steps right? And yes, that IS a third crystal active for play! More on that another date...;3

-Tyamet's zone is being retooled both in map progression ( You'll have to enter passageways before you know what's awaiting you on the other side, those tricky treadmills come back...but now have visuals to tell you they move you in a direction! Yet because of this prepare for a lot more running around! ) and story ( Comic book style events, new NPC's, some can even join your party! But watch out, if you stall they might end up trying to defeat you! ).

-TONS of new stuff have been produced for Viola as well! New monsters to bug her out and get her into all sorts of trouble...including one that seems to lack much of anything of a shape! If anything else you can expect to feel her zone being FAR more expansive and more up to date to Tyamets!

....and this is JUST the stuff ATM currently done and applied into the game. We are still adding more and more towards this day by day, and when we feel ready, a new public demo will be released. Till then enjoy and let me know things you would like to see. Who knows, maybe some of that might just make it in!
Attachments
Update1.png
FA page
lipucd

Next

Return to Creative Corner