[RPG Maker VX Ace] Tarot Quest Raw

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

What card would you like to see put in next?

VI. The Lovers
44%
X. The Wheel of Fortune
17%
XIV. Temperance
5%
XVI. The Tower
14%
XVIII. The Moon
20%

Total votes : 123

Re: [RPG Maker VX Ace] Tarot Quest v.1

Postby phoenyxz » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 am

tried the game nice one you got, and kinda for the ones who like to check everything damn how we wlak to find things^^
phoenyxz

Postby UnsungHero » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Honestly if your gonna have a Free form RPG where your must explore every nook an cranny -and females nether region-

put a journal with quest tracking, since that would atleast allow you to get up with Who wants what or how many you need left to kill and as stated alot of the quests/cards you'll find by simple bumbling, then actaul deductive thinking.

I don't really mind the free form, it just means that the start has a slower crawl to it.

Combat wise... You should have a more sensible intro to the combat system cause the first fight I was ****ing lost since in the first two rounds od attack i had been stat downed in str and agli to the point all three were getting thier turn in. I can understand wanting to make a more difficult game.. but it's the first fight man. Don't kick people in the balls during your intro... just saying it's not a proper way to say hello.

That said the second time around I got a quicker feel of the combat... Stat manipulating will be majorly important... since alot of the skills seem to revovle around setting up for big damage -Thus i see several cheap bosses exploiting the fact you'll have to set them up to hurt them -___--

TP resets if you use a healing point.

The battles aren't hard once you get a level and ahang of the system and the bandits will fall like clockwork once you have Paul. then again you have the classic of Forest easy mountains **** you difficulty set up.

It's still a fairly solid game

The Tarot cards or Kari should give you a hint if you have no idea who the person you suppose to give it is -you can make it a riddle-

Alright I go into the castle looking for party members

And Ralph starts talking to me... WHO THE **** is Ralph

I've gotten
Paul, Chandler, Jessica thier corrsponding cards

Have the Emperor and Empress unclaimed... What am I missing?
UnsungHero

Postby UnsungHero » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:54 am

Anyway

quick guide
The first two cards are rather simple to find
The only thing you'll have issues with is the first fight.

Makes sure to buy a buckler and a spilt mail to start off

The fight itself can be a pain, especially if you have no real grasp of the combat system
Alot of the fights involve buffing and debuffing your enemies

open with distracting dance to debuff the groups def and then pick them off one at a time... I suggest focusing on the melee guards as the archer seems to waste the first few turns buffing his defense. You do have a healing spell... but really until you drop two of them healing isn't an option cause they'll just take your health back down. The Archer does have a double hit move so watch out.

Go back to talk with Kari and simply follow the clues till you have her card -You could have atleast got the shopkeepers name ya prick you are gonna come back aren't you!-

Once you have Kari go buy her a walking stick and equip that set of clothes you started with on her -All party members start naked, annoying i know-

Now go sleep at you house, and when you wake up, The house next to you will have it's door blown off... go in and meet Jessica.

Also talk to the Two soldiers standing around
one wishes you to kill 10 groups of bandits
one wishes you to help locate a missing family
and go into the bookstore and meet Ralph.
To get Jessica to join you'll need the Magician card... which is currently in a place that's alittle above your level right now and you really don't have the party to take on the boss guarding it.

I guess the problem is Damion is a bard-Jack of all trades master of none- and Kari is more or less your white mage... You need a heavy hitter!
Exit the town and go to the farm and locate Your bro Paul -His in the first shack from the road- after some flirting with Kari head back to town. Hopefully the guards are gone from in front of the castle, You don't want in the castle -nothing there honestly- look along the right side of the moat on the castle exterior to find a key

Go to the Green house next to Kari's and inside you'll fight a "boss" His not that tough, and he'll drop the Strength card, make sure to go down the ladder and save the family from the scary and super powerful bandit!... His no stronger then the ones outside of town.

Go back to the Farm and talk to Paul's papers to get Paul to join you.
Make sure to go back to town and equip paul with some decent gear.

Now you have two choices... Brave the mountains now or go bandit hunting and try to gain a level or two.
I suggest getting atleast to level two on all your characters.

The Bandits themselves aren't hard -even thier Leader isn't that hard- It's just they come in such numbers... however a fully equiped level 1 paul can just breath on these guys and take on out in a single hit.

The real reason you grinding bandits is for another Tarot card however the chances seem to vary... The Leader has the best chance of dropping one -I don't know if talking to Ralph before you start farming has an effect on the drop rate- once you got it, return to town to pick up Ralph whose kinda like a mageish

equip and Level him up then head for the cave. The Reason you'll want to be more leveled here is the enemies are alot tougher -The orcs outside the cave, the rats and spiders inside- then the bandits and they whack you with status effects. Inside the the cave thier are three "rooms" The top room has a fire tome for Jessica, the Middle room has a miniboss -A Mimic, A chest that tries to eat you- and the bottom room has a Coffin.

Geh I wonder whats in the coffin... is it pizza? is it chocolate? IT'S A KAIZO TRAP YOU LOSE!. Nawww it's just a Vampire Boss

This guy hit's fairly hard and can constantly replenish his health with life drain. However proper debuffing and just wailing on him with Damion and Paul, and using Kari and Raplh's magic skills, healing when necessary and you should beable to take this guy down without too much complaining. - Kari's Wrath of god TP skill seems to hurt this boss alot-

After staking him, you'll find the Magician card for Jessica. Go back to town and have her join and you'll now have your actaul magic cannon -Black mage-

Hopefully by now a Merchant is wondering around town. You can buy the emperor card from him... or just kill him for it -Warning his fairly strong... despite what his tubby map sprite leads you to believe- I think his honestly the strongest enemy you can fight in this version.

Head off to the tower and meet Chandler in the basement, You need Jessica to get him to join -Him wanted to get into her pants... Kari wants Paul, Chandler wants Jessica... and you can't even bother to remember the one girl you've had sex with even though you go to the store alot... shame on you!-

With Chandler in the party -keep Ralph on the active roster since Chandler is in his weaken now card buffed state, Yeah I did it before getting Ralph but leveling a none carded person is a waste- you can go up the Tower. It's a fairly straight forward climb the only things of note is to make sure to pick up the manuscript.

At the top is a Succubus guarding the Empress card. No there is no gangbang option, She's kinda like a slightly tougher Vampire but if you beat him you can beat her without much difficulty.

Return to town and go to where you got Ralph and talk to the lady in purple for The Devil card and Chandler will get his skills and buff -Swap him in for Ralph since Chandler can buff Paul and Damion in melee -

You can go into the castle for Ralph to give you your next hint but I can't find whose his talking about.

The only quest worth mentioning is the Apocathery quest you get in the potion shop

Kill spiders for venom - Cave or Tower-
Kill Snakes for scales - Second floor of the Tower-
Kill Ghosts for ectoplasm - upper floors of the Tower-
to get an Aura potion, not like you need it.
UnsungHero

Postby UnsungHero » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:17 am

Now I'm gonna ask a dumb question...

Your really planning for 22 party members?
Since the Major arcana is
The Fool
The Magician
The High Priestess
The Empress
The Emperor
The Hierophant
The Lovers
The Chariot
Strength
The Hermit
Wheel of Fortune
Justice
The Hanged Man
Death
Temperance
The Devil
The Tower
The Star
The Moon
The Sun
Judgement
The World

Or is it gonna be the majority are gonna be party members and the rest are the villians so you can equip the other cards on with the minor arcanas for stats/abilities?
UnsungHero

Postby Starship queen » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:41 am

this looks cool.
Starship queen

Postby Ryan Nocturne » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:43 am

Any new updates lately? Any news from the creator?
Ryan Nocturne

Postby WarterLar » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:16 am

Looks alot like Persona, gonna try it later if the link works.
WarterLar

Postby AwesomeDragonDude » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:22 pm

lordkerward Wrote:Is their any new updates regarding to next new implementation sir?, just wanna keep updated..
Thanks!

People, let me give you some quick advice. Before asking if there are any updates, go look at the last post that the maker of this thread, in this case mando, did. It was on July 27th, 2012. Any probability you will find a update here is slim, so don't go ask for it.

Kind regards, ADD.
Feel the power of the AwesomeDragonDude! You feeling it yet? No?

Well, your internet sucks then. Or you suck. Or perhaps both.

Probably both.
AwesomeDragonDude

Postby MCM » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:33 pm

Well, even if the maker of this game is away for the moment, I'd like to tell you that your game is truly great.
If by any chance you'd be interested (maybe in the future) to translate your game in other languages I'd like to offer my help.
Otherwise, the minor bugs that were detected have already been fixed and apart from the location of the snake, the game isn't that hard to finish.
The first fights can be tough if you don't take them seriously ... don't rush like I usually do ^^
And if you are considering in making 22 characters ... you're gonna have a lot of work and I know it so just do it at your rhythm, we're not in a hurry.
We'd just like you to tell us if you're (atleast) still alive ^^
Thanks for caring.
Last edited by MCM on Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MCM
Newly Registered

Postby mando » Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:29 am

Hey guys, I can't believe you guys kept this topic alive, even through that locking.
So to be honest I haven't worked on Tarot Quest since that last post. Tons of reasons. Top 2, I hate that it doesn't have original art and I don't really enjoy writing the sex scenes.
But I had a decent amount more completed before I bailed so I decided to upload that for you guys. I haven't exactly gone through it with a fine toothed comb, but I did a cursory glance to try and remember what I had and hadn't finished.
So yea, enjoy :)
mando

Re: [RPG Maker VX Ace] Tarot Quest v.2

Postby Mickele » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:48 am

can't play the game, 'cause everytime after leaving your house,
you automatically run into the wall straight down and can't interact with the game anymore...
Mickele

Postby dougie2 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:33 am

Mickele Wrote:can't play the game, 'cause everytime after leaving your house,
you automatically run into the wall straight down and can't interact with the game anymore...

Tap '2' on your numpad.

Edit: Nope, that doesn't work this time.
dougie2
Newly Registered

Postby mando » Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 am

My mistake, should be fixed
mando

Postby Mickele » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:38 pm

Wonderful continuation of your storypath,
I would be really interseted following your storyline... well done so far!
Maybe putting a folder into the game where watching your earned pics from the storyline would be possible?

Problems detected:
when attempting to talk to Marcus, when Cassandra slips in, she runs into my full group of people and the game freezes (she doesn't go to the last space before the wall to turn right)...
EDIT: speaking to Marcus works only, when you talk to him after removing all your folks from the scene menu...

Bugs/Mistakes I found so far:
silver mace has no attack power sothat the mace from first village is stronger then from second...
after bringing Elena her wanted ingredients and watching the scene, she is still in her cave wanting the ingredients (but you can't get magnesium bits...)...

Open points:
Paul on level five is immune to damages from poison creatures outside the castle, on level six he is immune to gargoyles' damage. Is this supposed to be so? (his defence is very strong, maybe overbalamced?)...
after following a nymph, their hideout/area is empty except of a tent...
the items three of wands, ace of chalices, four of coins and succubus' amulet are not selectable, they are only in the inventory, but can't be equiped (ace of chalices and four of coins have no boosting stats also)...

Continue? Is this supposed to be ending here?
I'm missing the cards of Cassandra and Samantha...
even as a hint where the kidnappers escaped to...
also a bossfight or something in the castle sothat afterwards the guards won't be blocking the road to the west anymore...
Mickele

Postby mrttao » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:28 am

Initial scrolling text looks pretty but is mechanically bad. You have to restart the game if you missed something due to it scrolling too fast. Please use normal text boxes (which only advance to next segment when you click enter) or ideally text appearing overlaid on the entire screen which you scroll forward a page at a time by pressing enter to continue.
mrttao

Postby diedinafire » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:06 am

Is every encounter in the undead castle a mini boss fight? You also get an encounter every 5 steps, which wouldn't be so bad if the mobs didn't wear you down so much; god forbid you hit a sandstone gargoyle.

Also, the potions are so ineffective. I loaded up on energy drinks and health pots hoping I would be fine, little did I know you only recover 10 points per pot :x . Is there also nowhere to buy antidote pots, with the amount of times you get poisoned I would think this would be a staple in the shops.

Otherwise, good game; even if it is a bit hard.
diedinafire

Postby diedinafire » Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:14 am

Bug, when get the hanged man card and talk to cassandra, it starts a dialogue where cassandra walks to the cell and takes out the prisoner. If you have more than just damien in your party she will get stuck on your other party members.

On the pier in the second town you cannot walk east/west.
diedinafire

Postby AllenAndArth » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:42 pm

the game is good if only I could expand the screen... T-T
AllenAndArth

Postby NomNomNom » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:29 pm

didnt notice that it was updated :D well a rly nice surprise ^_^
->a date of patch would be much appreciated

@AllenAndArth ->>>press alt+enter, not the best solution but the best atm :P

QQ did you arange sth with the others or is it a coincidence that all games are updated within such a short period of time :D not that i want to complain or so...

edit:
soo ive played it and found a few bugs as always ^^ bet there are a few others hiding somewhere but here you go

2. town
bridge at the lake->cant move to the end
cant sleep at the inn by talking to the woman
->you have to talk to the bed you want :D
cant enter tents
->especially annoying when following that nymph
--->no exp for the nymph
->vampiric spell from the magician is way to expensive for the stats :/
->pauls skill sometimes cant hit 2 enemies :/ ->if the first is beaten and cant be hit again
->if moving back to the wall from the 2. city you appear at the top of the map instead of at the bottom

i hope i didnt forget anything :P anyways as though as i rememberd :P skills may be a bit unbalanced but nice game
NomNomNom

Postby The-Rippy-One » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:35 am

This is sort of fun. I like a lot of what you've set up, even if the Fool seems to give the main character absurd "Gain Followers" ability - it feels like most of your party members are literally just sitting around, doing their own thing, and you roll in, say "Up the rebels, we have magic cards!" and they'll join right in. It would be a brilliant twist if you hit the end of the game, your party bruised and battered, only for the main character to turn to the king and say "Welp, that's all the rebels in your kingdom, and all the Tarot Cards, just like you asked. Give me my title, and I'll be on my way." :twisted:

There seems to be some issues with your level curve, post second town. The fact that I can manage everything before it with an average team level of 5, but an average level 7 team isn't able to hold out for long in the castle, implies this. I don't mind the gargoyles much, though they do feel a little wonky. I have a bigger problem with the Imps frankly, given that Antidotes can't be purchased, and they are the only real option for curing the condition that those little buggers spam constantly. The abominations feel about right, though the big guys in the basement feel more in line with level 8...which I suppose is okay, but given the level requirements vs. the given exp, it's a little off.

Also, the TP is sort of weird - in most fights, however much you start with, which seems random, is more or less what you'll be able to manage in the fight, mostly. Okay, if you use your skills a lot, it helps, but most pc's don't have a lot of mp, compared to the number of fights they get into, especially since the benefit goes away at the end of the fight. I'd sort of like it if you got a point each time you attacked, as well as each time you were attacked.

Ps - you need to mention that the MC has a house somewhere - that first fight is much worse if you spent the 15 gold to stay at the inn when you didn't have to..
The-Rippy-One

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner