Dark Moon || Artistic help needed

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Dark Moon

Postby GolanTrevize » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:56 pm

ByHisBillowingBeard Wrote:
On the jumping front, ai, may as well take it out at this stage. Can always put back in later, surely?

Dont worry, i am allready playing with the jumping values.
Current project: Dark moon (Artists needed)
GolanTrevize

Postby MrBear » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:42 pm

would be a lot easier if you could post the updated game on the first page, instead of having people going through all the pages to see the updated version
MrBear

Postby Nintendolo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:43 am

well if you need any help for a monster i dont mind giving it a shot at it just let me know
inactivity was due to account being lost and me forgetting this forum while i was building a new pc
Sorry folks...
Nintendolo

Postby GolanTrevize » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Feel free to do what ever you want
GolanTrevize

Postby GolanTrevize » Fri Sep 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Wanted to shared the pics that inspired the characterhttp://img251.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=58442_02_123_250lo.jpg. I found them in this page.( It has some horny images, but I think others are too "spooky".)
GolanTrevize

Postby GolanTrevize » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:23 pm

¡New update! It doesnt have many improvements in jugability/code part, except some (more) bugs fixed, but it includes Mage´s face and the strident music has been deleted ( by popular choice).
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

temp.swf [ 1.97 MiB | Viewed 10368 times ]

GolanTrevize

Postby Nintendolo » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:29 pm

i like your improvements to the face, what sort of monster would you like ?
inactivity was due to account being lost and me forgetting this forum while i was building a new pc
Sorry folks...
Nintendolo

Postby GolanTrevize » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:33 pm

I´ve thought about using humans in the first level, but isnt neccessary to do them first. There are many levels to fill, so any kind of monster that fits into the game will also be useful.
GolanTrevize

Postby GolanTrevize » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:35 pm

I´ve thought about using humans in the first level, but isnt neccessary to do them first. There are many levels to fill, so any kind of monster that fits into the game will also be useful. If you arent sure, just tell me.
GolanTrevize

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:25 pm

Music = perfect, it seems.

Awesome gallery, Golan. Nothing can be too spooky, I feel.
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:04 pm

The background is really bbothersome because its just a copy, paste picture of a dark forest, you should make your own created background thats flash. As for enemies it would make sense if you put wearwolves because she was raped by one and then as other enemies you could put vines with giant dicks
whatdontlookaatme

Postby TedFallenger » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:06 am

First off, finish the game before you start worrying about music. Also add a mute button.

I hate to say it, but all of the animations are bad. Walking is stiff, she walks in the air while falling, her breasts don't move like breasts, and the attack animation is abysmal.

As for the system, though it functions, needs a lot of work. Namely the jump animation. Who jumps 20 feet straight up then fall-walks lazily in the direction they want to go?

To sum up, don't release a game before everything works. When you release a clunky work in progress before it's ready someone like me will come along to point out the glaring problems and make you feel discouraged.
TedFallenger

Postby Nintendolo » Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:54 am

For what it is its not a bad game so far yes there are a few problems but to me these seem more to test the coding and actions rather than to be a full game...

Well when I get a chance I will start making a werewolf and i may give it a shot at doing some animation
Sorry folks...
Nintendolo

Postby GolanTrevize » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:19 pm

TedFallenger Wrote:First off, finish the game before you start worrying about music. Also add a mute button.

I hate to say it, but all of the animations are bad. Walking is stiff, she walks in the air while falling, her breasts don't move like breasts, and the attack animation is abysmal.

As for the system, though it functions, needs a lot of work. Namely the jump animation. Who jumps 20 feet straight up then fall-walks lazily in the direction they want to go?

To sum up, don't release a game before everything works. When you release a clunky work in progress before it's ready someone like me will come along to point out the glaring problems and make you feel discouraged.

As I said before, i will wait to have all the final models to do the animations, these are temporal.

About jump: If you want to be able to jump over a enemy, you only have 3 posibilities:

1-Jump very high (over the screen)
2-Fall very very very very slow
3-Dont do it, remove jump option

Any of them is great, but there are no more, in part because jumping over enemies isnt a very "realistic" concept
GolanTrevize

Postby whatdontlookaatme » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:35 pm

3 would be a better option, and wearwolves for the 1st level because the darkelf was raped by one...
whatdontlookaatme

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:59 pm

Falling slowly makes no sense on any level. 3 from me.
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:05 pm

Just change the falling animation so it looks like she's hovering or something, when you get around to changing animations in the final game. She's supposed to have some kind of magic items or powers, right?

*shrugs*

Immaterial.
Lucky777

Postby GolanTrevize » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:33 am

Ok, i´ll remove jump.
GolanTrevize

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Has anyone mentioned that having any updates would be appreciated only on the First page? Constantly loading it otherwise and the music isn't always welcome :P

JUMP GO BYE, BYE
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby worms » Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:49 pm

GolanTrevize Wrote:
TedFallenger Wrote:First off, finish the game before you start worrying about music. Also add a mute button.

As I said before, i will wait to have all the final models to do the animations, these are temporal.

About jump: If you want to be able to jump over a enemy, you only have 3 posibilities:

1-Jump very high (over the screen)
2-Fall very very very very slow
3-Dont do it, remove jump option

Any of them is great, but there are no more, in part because jumping over enemies isnt a very "realistic" concept

It gona be very realistic for the elf
worms

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner