Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG VX) Latest Release: Ver. 0.02

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:34 am

Ahhh, thanks for the link--that's very helpful. I'll be sure to try and implement that within the next update or two.

Pretty much every status effect hasn't been changed from the default, for the most part. I re-checked Poison and it appears to indeed have 'Slip Damage' in the checkbox marked, which is the setting for a standard poison effect. Supposedly it takes 10% of their HP every turn; it didn't specify whether it was a percentage of the max HP value or the current HP value, so if it's the latter, the enemy won't die from poison alone.

I decided to give it a little boost anyway and make the standard Poison effect lower the enemy's defense, like it does in many other RPG's/MMO's.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby Popellord » Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Yeah, i've done a few tests with the poison attack and i still don't know how it works but I assume it is 10% of their current hp.

Regarding screen size. http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12568
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7933&st=0

The problem with this scripts are that you have to replace all other menus and boxes because of their coordinates.
Popellord

Postby FMC » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Okay, before I go into the questions you put up, I'd like to make a request. Could you make a flat-chested character? I'm a flat-chest fanatic (maybe because of how I am, I dunno), so seeing a character like that would be cool to me. Possibly a virgin, maybe not. Either way is cool, and if you make both, hell, I'd probably die from shock. The good kind. Still, only doing one or the other would be fine, since I know how much work it takes to make a single character.

However, what you have now (for content and characters) is amazing for a starter. Outside of the problems already stated, I found nothing else. I'd have to say I couldn't guess that someone that just started three (or so) days ago made this game. Well done, sir.

Now, onto commenting on the questions you posted. Since I didn't get to comment on the first three, I'll still give ideas. You can take them or leave them, I just wanted to give my two cents.

1) I like the idea of being able to resist/comply whenever, but you could still give certain options based on purity ala Mass Effect. With a low enough Purity, you could take control of the sex, and with a high purity, you'd have more resistance against sex. Or something along those lines. Might be a lot of work, but really cool if you did impliment it.

2) I agree. Having it in second person, especially in an H-Game, makes it seem like the actions are happening to 'you,' not to a character on the screen. That way, I can imagine myself as the character and imagine what's going on a lot better than if it was 'her,' since with 'her,' it seems like it's disconnected, happening to someone else.

3) I'm half and half on this. I want to see it, since it'd be cool, but I also agree about only letting appropiate monsters do it. The biggest thing I see with it is... will these attacks affect Purity? Because if it does, it'd hurt to see, if you're going for high Purity, your Purity go down because of such an attack. Also, about Purity, can you impliment a way to see what your Purity is at? Because I can't really see and I'm guessing at what it is. Unless I'm blind and missing it.

Now, onto your newer questions.

1 ) Can't help ya with the screen size, mate. You know more about RPGVX than I do, since I know nothing about it besides playing it. I've never touched the maker. Maybe I will sometime just to dink around. I didn't mind the no-window thing about the text. I never found it too hard to read where I couldn't understand it, but perhaps having the window with the moved screen shots would be better.

2) I'd love sounds. And if you *can* get full voice-overs, that'd be amazing. However, I'd be content with sound effects. And, if you can't get full voice overs, maybe moans/groans/screams/etc. for the girls and guys? Girls more importantly, cool if you get guys. Like any H-game, the girls take priority (and are probably the hardest to come by willing people to VA them).

And there's my two cents.
FMC

Postby protognome » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:36 pm

I'll add a comment to give you some more viewer feedback.

1. I'd love to see an "enjoy" option for those who are impure enough. Perhaps give it a different position or two with different text than a "rape" scene. I know it would be more coding and more work, but it would be worth it.

2. I would like to continue seeing the written parts in the first person, as you were correct in saying that it really helps the reader connect with the action.

3. On the issue of in battle sex attacks, I too feel that they should only be on appropriate monsters. Perhaps give the monster a "tell" attack, like a weak attack that is worded in the text as, "The monster swung its tentacle behind you while another buffets you for X damage." If the player uses the guard command next round, they will avoid getting hit by the sex attack; otherwise it's rape time. This way people going for a high purity play through can stay pure if they want to, and people who want to get fucked silly can indulge.

As far as sounds go, they are what make or break an experience for me. Whether you just go for a few simple squishing sounds or for moaning and all, do what you do well. Make sure that there is variation in what sounds are made. Nothing takes me out of the mood faster that having to hear the same exact moan over and over, especially if it's one of those high pitched ones. Sounds would be amazing for me, but don't add them until you're satisfied with them. On the issue of full blown voice-overs, I think that they would be nice, but unnecessary. The moaning, squishing, and groaning are what fleshes out the experience best.

My opinion on the combat system is that I feel you are trying to balance it too much on being able to lose in a fast enough manner to get all the "rape" scenes in easily. I'd rather see combat that you don't need to full heal before each fight to win them. I think that you could accomplish your goal very easily, as well as accommodate a more balanced system if you programed an option where if the enemy has damaged you, a "submit" option would appear. That way, the rape scene could commence without forcing you to drop your character to 1 HP. Plus, hitting the submit option would lead to a steeper drop in purity.
protognome

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:43 am

Thanks. Adding more characters is always an option, and a flat-chested one is tremendously easy in 3DCG. However, I definitely have a few updates in mind before adding characters for patching. I've been real busy with finals lately, but am able to sneak in some time to write scenes, which is where most of the time is put. If I do introduce any new characters, I regret to admit that it's not going to be in at least 3-4 weeks, likely, and that's being generous because there is a LOT of combat to balance at this point in time. I wouldn't mind making a character with small cup size provided that they are of age and I wouldn't be breaking any laws. I thought about what classes any new characters would be, but I know two of them would include a ranger / hunter class, as well as a dancer.
It's not apparent at this stage, but I'm looking to fashion Thyme as the hexer and Lanie for raw elemental damage. But like I said... there are apparently so many things wrong with the combat system right now, that it's gonna be awhile. :/
Once I get this one room + unique scene for each char done (which is at 80% right now, actually!) sometime next week, I'll be able to work on the combat as well as other types of generic scenes. By 'generic' scene, I mean what you guys have seen so far; which is for the most part, similar text between characters with slight variations in how the characters react. Most, if not all, H-scenes that I have made beyond the guard pikeman from this point on also have multiple-choice options.

If I do make H-attacks, there's just no way I'd make it drop Purity. Especially when preserving one's (vaginal) virginity will be a feature in this game, making your Purity drop for reasons beyond your control is just tedious and unnecessary for both me as the developer and you as the player.
The way I have it set up right now, in my version of the game, is that you get three, sometimes four choices of things to say if your Purity is low, and roughly the same amount if your Purity is high, but each of those choices are different outside of one. Even if you've corrupted your character thus far, you can still say that you do not enjoy it, and in the future you'll need to ruin yourself beyond recognition / to the point of mindbreak before all your options during H-scenes become 'yes 1', 'yes 2', 'yes 3', and so on.

So far I have some stock SFX, as well as some generic voices (not unlike what many of the flash games here have on LoK, like the Samus series). I've been toying around with them and they are simple enough to put in; they will likely be in the update after next, if not the next.

For those who are curious about the breast sizes of each character, from smallest to largest I'd say they'd go a little like this; Sairyn (who is at the lowest part of the slider I believe, without using a loli model), Cesca, Emilia, Asella, Lanie, Irine, Rhiannon, and of course the ever-busty Thyme.

I did find the appropriate scripts for changing the resolution, but I just need to figure out how to re-center all the windows and images.

EDIT:
I'm looking for just a couple of volunteer beta testers starting next week to help me squash bugs and perhaps balance out combat. RPGVX experience preferred (just for my benefit, really), but not required. PM me for details.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Hibiro » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:21 am

This has promise. Quite a few things that can be tweaked to perfection though.

I've got a lot of RPG Maker Experience myself. Was at one time making a game. Got a lot done before I lost everything. Dura Legacies it was called...

Anyway, if you ever need help, I have a fair bit of time on my hands lately.
Hibiro
Newly Registered

Postby Hunwick » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:06 pm

I registered on the forums just to post in this topic. This game is awesome already! Can't wait for future releases... Keep up the great work
Hunwick
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 pm

Great, I think that'll definitely help. Currently I've put a resolution change script in, which finally works, and I hear it's a pain to deal with but I'm honestly not sure how many custom scripts I'm going to fit in this game anyway. If I must, I'll learn how to change window position dynamically.

Sorry to hear about your game. I hate lost data, it happened to me once before, so I've been constantly uploading my file to myself on a remote server anytime I make a decent amount of progress.

Probably for the next update, I will hold off on including SFX; adding enough variation and what not is definitely a lot of work and I've been trying to focus on completing this one area.

In other news, I finally got the 'unique scenes' for each character done last night, making it so that every single one has their own. That was... a lot of work and revision thanks to the meticulous proofreading of a good volunteer. Now to just finish the chumps in the area, finish the bar, and perhaps at least one other area before 0.03.

I'm really comfortable with the progress that's been made so far. Looking back on the scenes I've written in 0.02, they really just seem... clunky, minor, and relatively inconsequential compared to the ones you guys will see in the next update. Not that I won't be adding more 'generic' scenes, but the 'unique' scenes add a certain amount of background for almost every girl. Too bad they took me almost a week to finish. x_________x

Also, thanks for all the encouragement! Keep in mind that although I can't satisfy everyone (haw, haw), your input can have at least a little control over what you might and might not see in the game come future patches.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby El Cadrius » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:00 am

i have a many of rmvx script now i give 8 walk direction script
instruction
presse F11 for open script editor
insert a script in section

Main Process

name the new script : 8_walk
Script Code Down...
Code: Select All Code
#==============================================================================

# ¦ Game_Player

#------------------------------------------------------------------------------

# ?????????????????????????????????????

# ??????????????????????? $game_player ????????

#==============================================================================

class Game_Player < Game_Character

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------

# ? ??

CENTER_X = (544 / 2 - 16) * 8 # ????? X ?? * 8

CENTER_Y = (416 / 2 - 16) * 8 # ????? Y ?? * 8

# ? ??????????

attr_reader :vehicle_type # ????????????? (-1:??)

# ? ?????????

def initialize

super

@vehicle_type = -1

@vehicle_getting_on = false # ??????????

@vehicle_getting_off = false # ???????????

@transferring = false # ???????

@new_map_id = 0 # ??? ??? ID

@new_x = 0 # ??? X ??

@new_y = 0 # ??? Y ??

@new_direction = 0 # ??????

@walking_bgm = nil # ???? BGM ???

end

# ? ?????

def stopping?

return false if @vehicle_getting_on

return false if @vehicle_getting_off

return super

end

# ? ???????

# map_id : ??? ID

# x : X ??

# y : Y ??

# direction : ??????

def reserve_transfer(map_id, x, y, direction)

@transferring = true

@new_map_id = map_id

@new_x = x

@new_y = y

@new_direction = direction

end

# ? ??????????

def transfer?

return @transferring

end

# ? ???????

def perform_transfer

return unless @transferring

@transferring = false

set_direction(@new_direction)

if $game_map.map_id != @new_map_id

$game_map.setup(@new_map_id) # ???????

end

moveto(@new_x, @new_y)

end

# ? ?????????

def map_passable?(x, y)

case @vehicle_type

when 0 # ???

return $game_map.boat_passable?(x, y)

when 1 # ???

return $game_map.ship_passable?(x, y)

when 2 # ???

return true

else # ??

return $game_map.passable?(x, y)

end

end

# ? ??????

def can_walk?(x, y)

last_vehicle_type = @vehicle_type # ?????????

@vehicle_type = -1 # ?????????

result = passable?(x, y) # ??????

@vehicle_type = last_vehicle_type # ?????????

return result

end

# ? ??????????

def airship_land_ok?(x, y)

unless $game_map.airship_land_ok?(x, y)

return false # ?????????????

end

unless $game_map.events_xy(x, y).empty?

return false # ????????????????????

end

return true # ???

end

# ? ?????????????????

def in_vehicle?

return @vehicle_type >= 0

end

# ? ?????????????

def in_airship?

return @vehicle_type == 2

end

# ? ????????

def dash?

return false if @move_route_forcing

return false if $game_map.disable_dash?

return false if in_vehicle?

return Input.press?(Input::A)

end

# ? ????????????

def debug_through?

return false unless $TEST

return Input.press?(Input::CTRL)

end

# ? ?????????????????????

def center(x, y)

display_x = x * 256 - CENTER_X # ?????

unless $game_map.loop_horizontal? # ?????????

max_x = ($game_map.width - 17) * 256 # ??????

display_x = [0, [display_x, max_x].min].max # ?????

end

display_y = y * 256 - CENTER_Y # ?????

unless $game_map.loop_vertical? # ?????????

max_y = ($game_map.height - 13) * 256 # ??????

display_y = [0, [display_y, max_y].min].max # ?????

end

$game_map.set_display_pos(display_x, display_y) # ??????

end

# ? ???????

def moveto(x, y)

super

center(x, y) # ??????

make_encounter_count # ?????????

if in_vehicle? # ?????????

vehicle = $game_map.vehicles[@vehicle_type] # ??????

vehicle.refresh # ??????

end

end

# ? ????

def increase_steps

super

return if @move_route_forcing

return if in_vehicle?

$game_party.increase_steps

$game_party.on_player_walk

end

# ? ?????? ??????

def encounter_count

return @encounter_count

end

# ? ?????? ??????

def make_encounter_count

if $game_map.map_id != 0

n = $game_map.encounter_step

@encounter_count = rand(n) + rand(n) + 1 # ????? 2 ???????

end

end

# ? ??????

# area : ?????? (RPG::Area)

def in_area?(area)

return false if area == nil

return false if $game_map.map_id != area.map_id

return false if @x < area.rect.x

return false if @y < area.rect.y

return false if @x >= area.rect.x + area.rect.width

return false if @y >= area.rect.y + area.rect.height

return true

end

# ? ?????????????? ID ???

def make_encounter_troop_id

encounter_list = $game_map.encounter_list.clone

for area in $data_areas.values

encounter_list += area.encounter_list if in_area?(area)

end

if encounter_list.empty?

make_encounter_count

return 0

end

return encounter_list[rand(encounter_list.size)]

end

# ? ??????

def refresh

if $game_party.members.size == 0

@character_name = ""

@character_index = 0

else

actor = $game_party.members[0] # ??????????

@character_name = actor.character_name

@character_index = actor.character_index

end

end

# ? ????????????

# triggers : ???????

def check_event_trigger_here(triggers)

return false if $game_map.interpreter.running?

result = false

for event in $game_map.events_xy(@x, @y)

if triggers.include?(event.trigger) and event.priority_type != 1

event.start

result = true if event.starting

end

end

return result

end

# ? ???????????

# triggers : ???????

def check_event_trigger_there(triggers)

result = false

front_x = $game_map.x_with_direction(@x, @direction)

front_y = $game_map.y_with_direction(@y, @direction)

for event in $game_map.events_xy(front_x, front_y)

if triggers.include?(event.trigger) and event.priority_type == 1

event.start

result = true

end

end

if result == false and $game_map.counter?(front_x, front_y)

front_x = $game_map.x_with_direction(front_x, @direction)

front_y = $game_map.y_with_direction(front_y, @direction)

for event in $game_map.events_xy(front_x, front_y)

if triggers.include?(event.trigger) and event.priority_type == 1

event.start

result = true

end

end

end

return result

end

# ? ???????????

def check_event_trigger_touch(x, y)

result = false

for event in $game_map.events_xy(x, y)

if [1,2].include?(event.trigger) and event.priority_type == 1

event.start

result = true

end

end

return result

end

# ? ??????????????

def move_by_input

return unless movable?

return if $game_map.interpreter.running?

case Input.dir8

when 1

move_lower_left

when 2

move_down

when 3

move_lower_right

when 4

move_left

when 6

move_right

when 7

move_upper_left

when 8

move_up

when 9

move_upper_right

end

end

# ? ??????

def movable?

return false if moving? # ???

return false if @move_route_forcing # ????????

return false if @vehicle_getting_on # ???????

return false if @vehicle_getting_off # ????????

return false if $game_message.visible # ????????

return false if in_airship? and not $game_map.airship.movable?

return true

end

# ? ??????

def update

last_real_x = @real_x

last_real_y = @real_y

last_moving = moving?

move_by_input

super

update_scroll(last_real_x, last_real_y)

update_vehicle

update_nonmoving(last_moving)

end

# ? ???????

def update_scroll(last_real_x, last_real_y)

ax1 = $game_map.adjust_x(last_real_x)

ay1 = $game_map.adjust_y(last_real_y)

ax2 = $game_map.adjust_x(@real_x)

ay2 = $game_map.adjust_y(@real_y)

if ay2 > ay1 and ay2 > CENTER_Y

$game_map.scroll_down(ay2 - ay1)

end

if ax2 < ax1 and ax2 < CENTER_X

$game_map.scroll_left(ax1 - ax2)

end

if ax2 > ax1 and ax2 > CENTER_X

$game_map.scroll_right(ax2 - ax1)

end

if ay2 < ay1 and ay2 < CENTER_Y

$game_map.scroll_up(ay1 - ay2)

end

end

# ? ??????

def update_vehicle

return unless in_vehicle?

vehicle = $game_map.vehicles[@vehicle_type]

if @vehicle_getting_on # ?????

if not moving?

@direction = vehicle.direction # ?????

@move_speed = vehicle.speed # ???????

@vehicle_getting_on = false # ??????

@transparent = true # ???

end

elsif @vehicle_getting_off # ??????

if not moving? and vehicle.altitude == 0

@vehicle_getting_off = false # ???????

@vehicle_type = -1 # ????????

@transparent = false # ?????

end

else # ?????????

vehicle.sync_with_player # ????????????

end

end

# ? ???????????

# last_moving : ??????????

def update_nonmoving(last_moving)

return if $game_map.interpreter.running?

return if moving?

return if check_touch_event if last_moving

if not $game_message.visible and Input.trigger?(Input::C)

return if get_on_off_vehicle

return if check_action_event

end

update_encounter if last_moving

end

# ? ?????????

def update_encounter

return if $TEST and Input.press?(Input::CTRL) # ????????

return if in_vehicle? # ??????????

if $game_map.bush?(@x, @y) # ????

@encounter_count -= 2 # ????? 2 ???

else # ??????

@encounter_count -= 1 # ????? 1 ???

end

end

# ? ??(???)???????????

def check_touch_event

return false if in_airship?

return check_event_trigger_here([1,2])

end

# ? ????????????????

def check_action_event

return false if in_airship?

return true if check_event_trigger_here([0])

return check_event_trigger_there([0,1,2])

end

# ? ??????

def get_on_off_vehicle

return false unless movable?

if in_vehicle?

return get_off_vehicle

else

return get_on_vehicle

end

end

# ? ??????

# ??????????????????

def get_on_vehicle

if $game_map.airship.pos?(@x, @y) # ???????????

get_on_airship

return true

elsif $game_map.ship.pos?(front_x, front_y) # ??????????

get_on_ship

return true

elsif $game_map.boat.pos?(front_x, front_y) # ??????????

get_on_boat

return true

end

return false

end

# ? ??????

def get_on_boat

@vehicle_getting_on = true # ????????

@vehicle_type = 0 # ????????

force_move_forward # ????

@walking_bgm = RPG::BGM::last # ???? BGM ??

$game_map.boat.get_on # ??????

end

# ? ??????

def get_on_ship

@vehicle_getting_on = true # ??

@vehicle_type = 1 # ????????

$game_map.ship.get_on # ??????

end

# ? ??????

def get_on_airship

@vehicle_getting_on = true # ???????

@vehicle_type = 2 # ????????

@through = true # ???? ON

$game_map.airship.get_on # ??????

end

# ? ????????

# ?????????????????

def get_off_vehicle

if in_airship? # ???

return unless airship_land_ok?(@x, @y) # ???????

else # ???·???

return unless can_walk?(front_x, front_y) # ???????

end

$game_map.vehicles[@vehicle_type].get_off # ?????

if in_airship? # ???

@direction = 2 # ????

else # ???·???

@transparent = false # ?????

end

@vehicle_getting_off = true # ????????

@move_speed = 4 # ???????

@through = false # ???? OFF

@walking_bgm.play # ???? BGM ??

make_encounter_count # ?????????

end

# ? ????????

def force_move_forward

@through = true # ???? ON

move_forward # ????

@through = false # ???? OFF

end

end
ImageImageImage
El Cadrius
Newly Registered

Postby redgod » Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:04 am

Awesome game! Glad you're sticking with 'you'. Much better that way.

I'd just as soon see the options to resist/enjoy open up fairly easily so we have a choice on how our character reacts during replays.

The only thing I don't really like is the 'death' ending if you lose to the first bandit twice. I'd rather see it fade to black and then have a short little thing that says 'Six Months Later' where you're a well trained sex slave before GAME OVER.

Fantastic, in any case. Really looking forward to an update.
redgod

Postby Joeey181 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:20 am

Ah, 3DCG.
A wonderful program, and you have used it well.
Keep up the good work, my friend.
Joeey181
Newly Registered

Postby nonamesleft » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:10 pm

Great game so far.

With 8 different characters, 4 save slots, and a potentially long game when finished, some sort of cg gallery/event viewer for unlocked scenes would be cool.
nonamesleft
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:09 pm

I'mma agree with a couple ideas that struck me as being great, right here.

1) Submit option.
It means that those who WANT to get to the sex scenes can do so, while it removes a concern you had earlier: Namely, making the game in such a way that those who want to get to the sex scenes on losing don't have to wait an overlong time. I believe that challenging gameplay should be implemented with the intention of being just that: Challenging gameplay. If the challenge is a by-product of trying to cater for "those who want to lose quickly", then I think that extra variable might well throw off your calculations, at least in the later fights.

The fact that willing submitting could lead to a steeper drop in purity also covers the exact same gameplay element that "wanting to lose to get to the sex scene" would rightfully involve, namely a willful removal of your character's resistance to that particular kind of sex.

2) Sex slave ending vs bandit.
Unlike the suggestion above, I can't say that this strikes me as an OBJECTIVELY superior alternative in any way, but I sure as hell like it more. I'd totally recommend considering it.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:15 pm

For the second scene versus the bandit, a sex slave ending would be relatively easy to do; I'd likely put in a CG plus a paragraph of text though, something short and sweet so new players won't be like 'WTF WHY IS IT GAME OVER?'

A CG mode would be quite excellent, although it'll take a bit of scripting to do this (or just a ton of switches). Once the game gets long enough or reaches about 50+ CG's per character, I'll consider it for a later update. So far, none of the scenes are 'common events', but a few of the new ones I just put in are, which should be easy for a 'memory mode' that you see in some Japanese visual H-games.

I'm honestly not sure exactly how to implement a submit option, but I'll look it up on some VX forums to see if I can't do it, since the battle system has been somewhat frustrating for me to balance as of late.

So far there are about 9 CG's for each character (a total of roughly 70ish total pictures) as of 0.02.
This is what I've gotten done so far in 0.03:
-Implemented 2 new areas / rooms
-Added two new scenes for each character, which is roughly 8 new CG's for each total, so another 70 pictures in all (making the total about 140 CG's thus far).
-Added 'choices' during H-scenes. Each branch has about 3 choices, two of which tend to change based on your Purity score. Additionally, some choices will actually raise or lower your Purity score further depending. At the end of most scenes, a common reference to 'degradation' (You can't help but feel somewhat / moderately / thoroughly degraded...) will generally indicate a drop in Purity and its degree.
-Added a new Title / Game Over / Character Select background, as well as battle initiation thing. The battle background has been changed to black for now, because I HATE the seizure-causing swirlygig thing (plus it looks weird with the new resolution anyway), although I am probably going to find a dungeon backdrop for next update with the script I have.
-Added a resolution change script (640 x 480 now, larger, so you can see more of the pictures whose bottom portions were cut off in 0.02)

So, I still need to finish 2 more scenes (so 2-4 CG's times 8) for each character before I feel comfortable with it's release; I'd say an ETA of next Wednesday is the most likely. Primarily because with one of the rooms I've been working on, I don't want to leave it empty or feeling 'half-assed', even though features will still be added to it steadily. If I want to implement the beginning 'slave' bandit ending in the beginning, that's another 8 CG's I'll have to toss up, though it'll likely take me half an hour to add at most. For this update, as in 0.03, don't expect a whole lot of direct run-through gameplay. What you can expect is an involved, unique scene for each character, as well as the new area and its variety of choices / freedom, which will in turn allow me to actually make some freaking headway with the storyline (yes, one exists!).

In other news, my last final is today, so I can focus on this game after I'm done with it. Wish me luck.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Popellord » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:38 pm

For the submit option can't you just make a spell which damage's yourself for 100000 damage? Atleast for now. I know it's not the best method but it would work. Or did i unterstand something wrong?
Popellord

Postby KITAmaru » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:42 pm

Actually, I could do that as a simple and effective solution for people who want to lose. I always found the Guard, Guard, Guard option as rather tedious anyway. Since it seems to be a common request, I will implement it for this upcoming patch and have all characters start with it at Level 1.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby coy47 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:11 pm

This is such a great game although that tyhme gets defeated to easily and thats my only complaint really apart from that I hope the next update comes soon and hope you finish this game because it looks great so far!
coy47

Postby FMC » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:36 am

Also, did you see my request for a purity meter... or am I just missing what's already there? And if I am, could I be pointed to it?
FMC

Postby KITAmaru » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:19 am

Yeah, the combat is kind of screwed right now because I accidentally made the enemy too strong in terms of ATK power (hint: it's at LEAST 6 times that of the default enemy that you probably should be fighting). When I release the 0.03 patch sometime this Wednesday or so, enemies will be weak again for the most part, because you will start having to fight more often. I also just implemented the 'Surrender' option in my current version, which does enough damage to yourself to make you lose the battle if you want to submit to the enemy.

Purity values do exist right now, actually. Probably not this patch, but the next (0.04), I will introduce either an item or an NPC that will allow you to see your purity value. The purity meter goes from 0 (lowest) to 100 (highest). To give you a general idea, 100 is someone who has no sexual experience with another person whatsoever (such as Irine), 90 is someone who likely has had sexual relations just once (Emilia), and 60 is someone fairly experienced in sex (Thyme). Once you get to 50 and below, is when serious promiscuous, and at times self-degrading, behavior is hinted. Right now and next patch a value of 0 will not immediately end the game, but it may in the future come certain events (or just lead to an alternate ending of sorts).
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby redgod » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:23 am

KITAmaru Wrote:For the second scene versus the bandit, a sex slave ending would be relatively easy to do; I'd likely put in a CG plus a paragraph of text though, something short and sweet so new players won't be like 'WTF WHY IS IT GAME OVER?'

This would be great. Death is a real mood spoiler!
redgod

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner