Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG VX) Latest Release: Ver. 0.02

Postby Popellord » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:24 pm

With Irine, would it be possible to give her a heal over time? It could heal twice of a normal heal or more but you over 5 or 6 rounds. Atleast for bosses it would help her. The increase of hp also will help. Are their also any plans to have the first bandit get his "reinforcemen" if he rapes you.
Popellord

Postby kronos » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:04 pm

with the sleeping guard, i reckon that walking up the corridor, if hes alive, he will wake and take you by suprise (giving no chance to attack him)
this would mean that its compulsory for the nun, but oh well.

oh and i notice your room changes have one switches in the middle, its not annoying, but if you get the time, can you rig it that stepping next to it will take you to the next room as well?
this is private, not for your eyes
kronos

Postby iamnuff » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 pm

very good start, only problem i can see so far, is that i started with a "hand and a half sword" but a "bastard sword" shows up later, with diffrent stats, but these are both the same thing

edit: also, does the sleeping guard do anything yet?
iamnuff

Postby Ira » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Ira Wrote:I keep getting the error "Unexpected file format". >\ Help?

I feel stupid. I realized what I needed to do right as I turned off my computer- some 10 minutes after posting.
Ira
Newly Registered

Postby crazyandlovingit » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:56 pm

I've downloaded the game, but it syas that 'RGSS202E.dll could not be found'. Whats the problem?
crazyandlovingit
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:12 pm

Ah, true that--a hand and a half sword, as well as a bastard sword, are indeed the same thing. Sorry about that--I can't say I'm too incredibly familiar with that scope of older weaponry, as I only personally have formal training in two weapons. Ahaha. Perhaps I should replace the second one you acquire with... a flamberge, although I guess it's more of a reference to the blade type? Regardless, the idea behind Rhiannon is that she's pretty strong, so she'd almost exclusively wield swords that are meant to be swung with both hands (but I didn't want to go to a nihon-tou / katana or whatever since it wouldn't emphasize her strength).

No, the sleeping guard doesn't do much of anything. Honestly, he probably won't for a little while--though perhaps later on, in a few updates or so, I can implement him coming back to bite you in the ass if you don't dispose of him while he's asleep.

Hey guys. Questions, just personal opinions is all.
Wish I could take a poll on this instead but already used that for the 'favorite character' deal.

1.) Would you rather have the options to enjoy, resist, etc. be based on purity level during the H-scenes or simply have them implemented from the get-go to give you some amount of 'control' over your character?

2.) So far I have written all the scenes referring to the player character as 'you', for a sense of immersion I guess. Would you rather have it as 'her'?

3.) Would you be interested in seeing 'sex attacks' during battle?

Attached is a peek at what I'm working on; unique scenes (mostly) for each of the characters during captivity. It's... a lotta writing, yeesh. For Emilia, should she get captured, the first guy who gets to do anything is an avid admirer (that she does not even know) who spent his life savings to get that chance with her. All the other characters are also getting their own relatively lengthy scene.
Attachments
Sample3.jpg
Emilia Dungeon Preview
Sample3.jpg (45.31 KiB) Viewed 7414 times
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby querzis » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:01 am

This game actually made me register. My favorite is actually Rhiannon but since she had the highest vote and my second favorite, Irine, had the lowest I voted for her. And by the way, for balancing Irine (cause lets admit it, right now shes by far the weakest hero), I think you should give her an ability to go with the fact that shes a nun and that she got the protection of a god. I dont think you should you should give her more attack or defense since it woudnt go with her character, shes a frigging nun, she shouldnt really know how to fight. But maybe she could have a shield up to defend herself as long as she got mana like a «god protection» or something. When she has it, it take away some of her mana when she get it but she doest get any physical damage as long as she got mana. I think it would be good mostly because her mana is so frigging high that she always die long before her mana really has the time to get low anyway.
querzis
Newly Registered

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 am

Dang, man, how many times do I have to get the priest gargoyle-raped before she'll break and fuck the maid?
Lucky777

Postby 6jbo6 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:16 am

I love this game !!!
6jbo6
Newly Registered

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:20 am

Lucky - Sorry for the slow response, I'm actually pretty new to the forums so my posts still have to go through an approval process >_<
As of 0.02, Irine can't do it with the maid. Don't worry, in the future she will be able to do pretty much what everyone else can, outside of killing the guard--I just don't see her doing it.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby shiro8 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:08 am

amazing game just one question do u think in a fute we can get animated scenes not just pictures??
shiro8
Newly Registered

Postby Popellord » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:03 pm

I've got an idea. In one of your previous posts, you said that you've got balance problems regarding the fact that you don't want it to take it too long to lose because you want to see the pictures (does that even make sense in english?) How about enabling escape, calling it instead forfeit and reducing the hp to 1? Then you only have to copy the scripts from the if lose and you're done. If someone wants to lose he can now do it faster and you don't have to balance it.

I also noticed with the thief that her poison blade does a poison effect but the enemy doesn't get any extra damage.
I've also had problems with the martial artist and her special skills. I think the second skill you have doesn't do any damage.
Popellord

Postby KITAmaru » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:54 pm

Pesch - Nah, I still need to do a LOT of combat tweaking for all the classes. As I said before, I'm pretty comfortable with the current stat curves of my characters, but their actual starting stats are still kind of all over the place (as the default values themselves, honestly, were not a lot of help).

Rhiannon is meant to have high ATK, moderate AGI, mid-high HP and abysmal everything else (which is of course, spirit/max mp, stat-based defense, as well as no bonus options). So don't worry, I'll fix her a bit, but of course. I think the current battle system as to right now still has a lot of work for me to do on it.

Wow, thanks for letting me know about the shield deal. I DID let her use shields, huh? That's very... un-berserker like.

Popellord - Honestly, I'm not sure how to yet implement HoT since I'm new to the use of RPG Maker VX, let alone scripting which I can't really do at all, but if I can find a script on the internet somewhere of it as a common event or something, I could try it. I understand that a Priest class generally works best as supportive and not as solo, as in Irine's case, playing her can be a little more frustrating than using say, Rhiannon or Sairyn, two characters that seem relatively OP at this point in time. Also, thanks for letting me know about Sairyn, whose second move had a 0% attack percentage--fixed!

I'll have to see if I can do the escape thing, although I'd like to simply add it as a skill or something instead, because I always want running to be an option for the people who wish to NOT be violated (weird concept, huh?), since I have plans for that as well.

No, there are no plans to let the first bandit get you into a gangbang. There will be plenty of opportunities for that in the game, trust me. It's a dungeon full of freaking sex slavers. D: However, I'm going to make it so that you actually don't have to be raped if you don't want to, and can possibly preserve your character's virginity throughout the entire game if you so wish (so long as you don't lose!).

Kronos - Just fixed the room change switch and added them across the hall. Guess all I had to do was Copy the event and Paste two of its copies to either side. Heh.

Crazyandlovingit - RGSS202... Sounds like you either need to download the runtime package for RPG Maker VX, listed on the front page, or your RGSS player is outdated perhaps (?); it can easily be found on Google. Or, you can try this:
http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/rgss102e.dll/

Querzis - Thanks, it's appreciated!
Yeah, in future balancing I think I'm going to give Irine some Blind status effect-causing spells, as well as plenty of solid buffs; the holy shield / barrier thing was a good idea, I just need to learn how to implement it properly.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby BlueLight » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:46 pm

crazyandlovingit Wrote:I've downloaded the game, but it syas that 'RGSS202E.dll could not be found'. Whats the problem?

the quick answer. Um well the RGSS202E.dll could not be found. Plain as day to me.
So maybe you should go google 'RGSS202E.dll then once you find it put it in your folder that the game is in.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Lucky777 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:03 pm

In the future the priest can do all the sexual stuff that the others can?

Good, that's fine.

I downloaded this demo to break the priest.
Lucky777

Postby Yagoo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:09 pm

@KITAmaru
1. Either way. I could see both ways working.
2. Once again, either way is fine. Whatever's easier for you.
3. Yes, yes, yes!
Yagoo

Postby Valgo » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:35 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:1.) Would you rather have the options to enjoy, resist, etc. be based on purity level during the H-scenes or simply have them implemented from the get-go to give you some amount of 'control' over your character?.

I would love to have such options.

KITAmaru Wrote:2.) So far I have written all the scenes referring to the player character as 'you', for a sense of immersion I guess. Would you rather have it as 'her'? .

Yup. I'd prefer "her".

KITAmaru Wrote:3.) Would you be interested in seeing 'sex attacks' during battle?

Not necessary but I would not say no.

PS: Registered cause of this Topic. Keep it up. This will be Awesome, I know it.
PPS: Sorry for the bad english^^
Valgo

Postby Valgo » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:16 am

KITAmaru Wrote:
1.) Would you rather have the options to enjoy, resist, etc. be based on purity level during the H-scenes or simply have them implemented from the get-go to give you some amount of 'control' over your character?

2.) So far I have written all the scenes referring to the player character as 'you', for a sense of immersion I guess. Would you rather have it as 'her'?

3.) Would you be interested in seeing 'sex attacks' during battle?

1) I would love to have such Options.

2) Yes I prefer "her"

3)In my Opinion that would not be necessary, but I would not say no :]

PS: This Game will be awesome, i just registered because of that Topic.
PPS: Sorry for my bad english.
Valgo

Postby KITAmaru » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:58 am

As far as the 1-3, this is the general consensus thus far;
1.) For the new scenes that I've written (a unique one for almost every character), you are given options to enjoy or resist ....to a certain extent--but you need a low enough Purity level in order to actually choose the sluttier options.

2.) Due to popular demand, looks like it will remain in second person (i.e. you, your) so that you can 'step into the shoes' of the character; I've been told by many that third person seems too impersonal and they tend to care less as a result. I'm positive this is more of a personal preference, but seeing as a revamp at this point would also take several straight days worth of re-coding, I'm not gonna complain.

3.) Fair enough. I'll probably implement it only for the appropriate monsters, i.e. a slime, tentacle-type monsters or succubus/incubus, but not for most human characters, who will likely have to defeat you first before they get to do anything.

Once I get the 'catch-all' prison scene done, then I'll finally be able to implement tons of other variety scenes and an actual combat system (since grinding, to an extent, will become a viable option, though not necessary to progress at all).

Next set of questions;
1.) My laptop at the moment has low resolution, hence the poor quality of the pictures. The default RPGVX screen size is 514 x 416, but I heard it can be resized up to 640 x 480.

In terms of the original size of the screenshots I took from 3DCG, they are 760x725. As far as fitting it properly onto 514 x 416, anybody got ideas? I'm currently resizing them by a percentage, but eventually I want to get it to where the blue text box doesn't interfere with the image at all... which likely involves a pic that is wider than it is long.

Being able to see the whole picture is part of why I made the text transparent during H-scenes, but a looot of people have mentioned that it can be very difficult to read without the blue window (which is somewhat transparent anyway). Would you rather have the window as default blue, even if it blocks a little bit of the action? Or have it transparent and perhaps encounter some reading trouble?
EDIT: Fixed; basically, I kept the blue window but just reduced its opacity, which seems to do well.

2.) Sounds or no? I've received a couple requests for these, just squishy stuff (a la Violated Heroine), but wasn't sure. If it were me, I'd want a full voice acting cast... but y'know. Not extremely easy at this point in time, so I'd implement just stock sound effects instead of voices. On another note, how important is BGM / music change during certain scenes to you guys?
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Popellord » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:44 am

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=2482.0

That should be the script. It is working but only if you start the game. If you try to test it with Battle test it doesn't work. (Obvious isn't it. I'm just dumb)

I've also tested the standard poison effect and it seems that it doesn't do any damage. I made a 100 hp mob and done a poison attack which dealed 86 damage. After 5 rounds the enemy was still alive and i made sure that he was poisoned all the time. So it is really weak or doesn't do anything at all. Atleast that's the case for me.
Popellord

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner