Sakyubasu no Tatakai I (Finished)

Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai

Postby Hydronisa » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:12 pm

In my opinion, Eva needs to have SOME invincibility frames, this would fix a lot of the problems people are having with several of the one-hit kill moves that exist in the game; especially with fodder like the Wasps and Tenders, I'm sure you can find a way to make the invincibility frames a plot point or something, while having the bosses find a way to ignore some of them. ;)

I believe the arena should have a level system, where you can choose which levels to start off from if you've managed to already beat them, this way we could choose to either grind, or start off before the mask thing. Though I can imagine this would be difficult to manage in flash.

I know people have already said this, but there needs to be more options when it comes to quality. Using a brand new laptop, I still have to put the quality on low for the Brood Mother fight, and even then there is far too much input lag. It's very difficult telling Eva what to do in that fight, I was surprised I managed to get the Brood Defender sword.

All in all, you've been doing a great job so far, the difficulty curve is incredibly high, but the dedicated (and insane) will find ways to climb it (I'm not sure if I'm one of these yet, that mask is a douche :D ).
Hydronisa
Newly Registered

Postby Pickled Cow » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:17 am

This is my first post ever on this forum but I figure providing input on this game is a great place to start.

The transitions in the pause menu hold up returning to the game. Also, the "Game has been Saved" message holds up menu as well. I do want to know whether or not my game has been saved, but I don't want to wait 3 seconds waiting for control to return. Aside from actually using them, the menus should not take up any of the player's time.

It's possible to never get the dash attack by skipping the sex scene with the first gorger. The tutorial phase should be tweaked so that new players don't mistakenly do this.

The Beezy battle is very difficult, as a single mistake can get you killed. A boss battle should not be easy but should be more forgiving than Battletoads. For instance, there is not period of controlled invincibility after getting hit. This often leads getting killed just because of a single hit landing and the player being unable to dodge the following attacks. The vertical attack phase is too unforgiving as well, getting hit here even with full HP can kill. In my opinion, no more than 2 or 3 wind pillars should be allowed to exist at one time and the tornado phase is a bit buggy, air-dashing too early can cause the tornado to blow the player into the spiked wall.

I also had issues with the Beezy battle because Eva would air-dash into the spiked wall instead of away. This is caused by jumping, landing, trying to jump and change direction at the same time and hitting attack. Many times fighting Beezy did Eva launch herself in the spiked wall.

Hitting the eggs in the hive is too easy to do, making the fight with the tenders more frustrating than difficult. My suggestion is that hitting the eggs doesn't destroy them but instead makes turns them off for a few seconds. Trying to fight fast moving creatures in a locked and darkened room isn't fun at all.

I do love the customizing menu by the way, but I suggest adding a predefined palette to it. Most people don't know the hex triplet to their favorite skin color and finding it on visually on a spectrum can be hard to do with all the surrounding colors washing it out..
Pickled Cow
Newly Registered

Postby Infinitiv » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:58 am

It's still so lagggggy during sex scenes... framerate is low even when I play the game directly from LoK site, when I fullscreen it, it's unplayable.
Infinitiv
Newly Registered

Postby Acha » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:13 am

Hey! This is my first post and I just want to say, Gorepete! Your work is amazing! I love all that you've done with Sakyubasu no Tatakai and Dusty's Castle along with your other work. The only thing that would make the games better would be music! Music and sfx, but if I had to choose, music would be the one to go with! Sakyubasu is extremely fun! Your boss battles are well thought and unique. It makes me happy to play a game like this, its hentai aspect is a mere bonus to the gameplay! Of course as a work in progress it needs a tinker here and there, but with the help of everyone here and your great skills, that'll be easy to brush off!

Customizability is awesome, especially key customization! Equipment and ability customization are great as well! It really feels like a true action rpg. You've done amazing work!

My only suggestion really is about sound. I know that it will probably make the file size for the game huge, but sound is an imperative part of a game. I know it's asking for a lot, but if you can magically include music without a headache, I'd say do it!

P.S.: I can't find that third sword! I wouldn't even have known there was one if I didn't read the posts here! I'm so upset, fighting that mask was a pain! I did it without Slam trick!
Acha

Postby Acha » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:36 am

Oh! I did think of some suggestions I had forgotten about!

1. Climaxes for Gorger's fucking wasps.
2. Invincibility frame after taking damage. (Kinda like most retro games.)

Thanks all!
Acha

Postby cookie jar » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:51 pm

Ok, i give in. :cry:

Can anybody please at least give a hint as to where to look for the third sword? Not that it's particularly needed, but i simply would like it fto complete the collection.
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby jdilla » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:10 pm

cookie jar Wrote:Ok, i give in. :cry:

Can anybody please at least give a hint as to where to look for the third sword? Not that it's particularly needed, but i simply would like it fto complete the collection.

yea same here :/ can someone pm us or anything on how to do it?
jdilla

Postby jdilla » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:45 am

so is the update soon?
jdilla

Postby adr34n » Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:39 am

I really like your work, please accept my criticism as constructive.
I really liked this game but I honestly thought that the sex scenes would be stronger, more painful for eva, some scenes are a bit weak as the scene of mascara and Broodmother.
It should give enough work to create these scenes, I do not know if the game is already in the final but if not, could do the most powerful scenes, bigger monsters.
How she would meet a big monster, I would like to see how she was able to do that! hehe, just my opinions!
adr34n
Newly Registered

Postby Tdlk » Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:59 pm

I really don't understand the boss fight with the 3 wasps, any help?
Tdlk
Newly Registered

Postby jdilla » Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:11 am

hey gore, just to keep my sanity, are you still pluggin away at the game throughout these days/week or are you in a vacation or something?
jdilla

Postby HellsFait » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:39 am

3 wasps is easy stuff. Block when the one wasp charges you, hit him, he teleports away. Rinse and repeat. Oh, watch out instant death uber attack, you can see it coming A MILE AWAY, if this attack kills you, you should feel bad. I think this has been said before...has it not? About a ton of times? Oh well...

Empower makes you look left if you are in the air when you use it...ya...that sucks pretty hard. I've air-dashed out of the Broodmother fight like this before, and also into Beezys lovely wall of spikes.
It would be awesome if Eva dashed in the direction that was being held, rather then just dashing in general when movement is being held...if you're looking to the left, hit right and attack at the same time, in the air, you're going to be dashing to the left.

I was gonna say something about another dashing issue, but it turns out my keyboard just can't hold UP, Left, and D at the same time...that kinda sucks.

One more thing, secret sword...I've looked all over, talked to everyone I could as both Eva and Brig, and have found NOTHING...I can only assume at this point that it's miss-able, hidden incredibly well, or there is no secret sword at all...and you just said that to send everyone on a wild goose chase.
HellsFait
Newly Registered

Re:

Postby Pickled Cow » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:51 am

Tdlk Wrote:I really don't understand the boss fight with the 3 wasps, any help?

You need to use the shield on the wasp that charges you and then attack while it's dazed. I got stuck here too because the shield didn't work on the charging gorgers.
Pickled Cow
Newly Registered

Postby Shadoon » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:09 am

awesome game, looking forward for the next update
Shadoon

Postby webought » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:03 pm

adr34n Wrote:I really like your work, please accept my criticism as constructive.
I really liked this game but I honestly thought that the sex scenes would be stronger, more painful for eva, some scenes are a bit weak as the scene of mascara and Brood-mother.
It should give enough work to create these scenes, I do not know if the game is already in the final but if not, could do the most powerful scenes, bigger monsters.
How she would meet a big monster, I would like to see how she was able to do that! hehe, just my opinions!

If he means how Eva is not really surprised or aroused or orgasming in any of the sex scenes shes in and that there's no dialogue showing this I agree.

In every sex scene, Eva is just basically has a "Bleh this is mediocre Ive had better" demeanor on her face and she never cums or convulses or orgasms or screams "OH SHIT IM CUMMING" or anything of the sort, its like the whole prospect bores her, kinda a turn off, which I guess is would be hard to fix since shes a experienced Succubus <_<.......

But that's the only issue I see with the game, and by the only issue I mean the ONLY issue with it lol great work.
c:<
webought

Postby mrttao » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:35 pm

stronger, more painful for eva

1. That is a pretty sick fetish.
2. She is a succubus.
3. She is thousands of years old with a history of sexual depravity.
4. She is raping them not vice versa.
mrttao

Postby Lucky777 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:32 pm

If he means literally more painful, like mas dolorosa, then I'm not on board, indeed.

But I feel like English isn't his first language, (since he calls the mask Mascara) and he means more intense.

Adding orgasms to Mistress is totally a plan I'm in favour of.
Lucky777

Postby webought » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:08 am

Yea I mean Eva just sits there while she drives the other person sexually crazed and then they orgasm a few times boom scene over, I wanna see Eva get some mind blowing orgasms up in there like "OH SHIT oh god it feels warm" she just seems like the whole adventure has bored her and its pretty non sexually exciting for her, which it shouldnt be considering what she has to fight lol, I know id be aroused if I had a tentacle mask prodding at my holes, well then again im no succubus. So I dunno.
c:<
webought

Postby mrttao » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:14 am

webought Wrote:

Yea I mean Eva just sits there while she drives the other person sexually crazed and then they orgasm a few times boom scene over, I wanna see Eva get some mind blowing orgasms up in there like "OH SHIT oh god it feels warm" she just seems like the whole adventure has bored her and its pretty non sexually exciting for her, which it shouldnt be considering what she has to fight lol, I know id be aroused if I had a tentacle mask prodding at my holes, well then again im no succubus. So I dunno.

Ok, even with that clarification again I must point out:
1. Succubus
2. Thousands of years of years old.
3. A very experienced slut whose done everything already countless times.
4. Is using it on a beaten opponent that she stuffed full of magical lust.

What you describe sounds great but fits more as a cutscene rather then the combat fucking... like, say, after corrupting the angel when they had the massive orgy. Or in a hypothetical cutscene after beating the chief, or something.

Also, she does seem to orgasm.
mrttao

Postby KPD27 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:32 am

The game is getting stuck in the first section of the angel fight, after shooting her with the cannon. She just stays on her knees on the ground and doesn't move. I can't interact at all.
KPD27

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop