Sakyubasu no Tatakai I (Finished)

Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai

Postby cookie jar » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:18 pm

I have to admit, i love the Beezy fight.

Messed up my timing on what i started to call pillars of doom by myself in the beginning. But after i got that right everything went smoothly. :D

I'll put my usual "is this a bug or not?" comments in spoiler tags this time due to obvious reasons.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

What i noticed is, that there is no visual effect if you use empower with the brood defender.(As usual) I don't know if this is intended because the weapon has an inbuilt animation with the little flames or not.
Also the brood defender is placed as the 4th weapon in the equipment screen. There is an empty slot where the +15 power weapon would be. Is there such a weapon and i simply missed out on it? (Which would surprise me given the amount of time i spend killing things over an over to prevent the "i never got honeypot"-scenarios others experience.)

I also noticed that Beezy loses some hitpoints when she starts using her cyclone. Again not sure wether this is supposed to happen or not.

And i'm still rooting for a "thumps up"-smiley. :!:
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby omgyourmom » Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:40 am

Same as cookie Brood Defender does not have the empower visual effect.
omgyourmom

Postby omp123 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:45 am

Bro that slam attack in the arena boss is killing me. I'd be fine with it if it weren't for the fact that each slam gets two hits in.
omp123

Postby yillsemkcuf » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:33 am

OMFG!!!!
It took 3+ F**king hours but I finally beat breazy!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO
............___________
........../.................\
......../......O.....O......\
.......|...........^..........|
.......|....________ ......|
........\....\OMFG_/....../
..........\____________/
"A Pessimist is what an optimist calls a Realist."
yillsemkcuf

Postby ghostdragonv » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:05 pm

'quick release before final'

final update? :cry: seems like yesterday that this game just had one animation right at the start looping
ghostdragonv
Newly Registered

Postby KrystalLover » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:54 pm

Wait, what did u say final
KrystalLover
Newly Registered

Postby Culaio » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:50 pm

newest update is GREAT :) but I must say that I am disappointed with reward gained from broodmother, the weapon is awesome but I was hoping for something based on broodmother own abilities like previous enemies given(teleporting enemy gives teleportation and others), for example broodmother could give ability related to egg lying/giving birth.
Culaio
Newly Registered

Postby guilmonex » Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:10 pm

When will we get a better set of equipments?
Using those "used leather and rusted sword" to raid a hive is some kind of suicide. :shock:

I thought I can finally get a perfect guard ability after seducing the royal guard, but.....well, a self control? :roll:

Those rolling bugs are so annoying, always roll behind the guard and spit goo then roll you to die. The no invincible time after you get hit is also annoying, you can receive several hits in one attack.(especially royal guards and assassins can attack nonstop) Why a dagger have the same or even longer reach than a sword?

The third layer of the skills and the arena seems completely useless due to the no soul gain on lower level enemies. :?

About the Amazing blower and sucker--Beezy:
Only death await you if you don't escape the first slash.....
besides if you walk a bit further, you end up waiting for death again.....
even a slight touch of the big hurricane, you stuck there and die......
After the summon duration, Eva appears inside the blade wall and instant death....what?!
Can you make Beezy stop immediately after her hp bar is emptied?

limited guarding time, limited level, limited equipments and almost every enemy is much more powerful than you.
Eva is so vulnerable, can't imagine why everyone still see her as a threat. :|

I hope you can make the game more balance in the future.
guilmonex

Postby Kozd » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:07 pm

the only not reported bug i could find
is that the second portal(beezy hive) the pillars dont have theys lighting animation and just stay static.
and you can blitz gorger boss(pre-chapters) if you dont come close.. and even seduce it, but anyway it doesnt do anything.. its not a game breaking cause it resets when coming to previous and this screen again
on a side note that screen if you cheat the best sword is hillarious.

yillsemkcuf Wrote:stuff

well it took me a hour most dificult part other that figurig the patern is these 5 cast slashs but you can time thems right so they ocupy all the screen so no dashing is needed...
the most funny part that after beezy the arena boss was very easy... i previosly beated him using cheating to slow down the game 2x but after beezy on normal speed it was easy just for the sake the timing is 3 slower,and if you know the pattern ...

guilmonex Wrote:Those rolling bugs are so annoying, always roll behind the guard and spit goo then roll you to die. The no invincible time after you get hit is also annoying, you can receive several hits in one attack.(especially royal guards and assassins can attack nonstop)

if you want to cheat you can always use bridgette 3rd ability.. anihilates all these "rolling bugs" tenders if you start the ability just as they spawn

guilmonex Wrote:even a slight touch of the big hurricane, you stuck there and die......

well lets just say is a hurricane what did you wanted? btw when its almost on middle of screen just dash trought it

guilmonex Wrote:After the summon duration, Eva appears inside the blade wall and instant death....what?!

must be a bug... apears fine for me...
guilmonex Wrote:Can you make Beezy stop immediately after her hp bar is emptied?

is the same code problem as the arena boss, it would be very hard for gorepete to code it... and if gorepete do it,here will be other bugs..

guilmonex Wrote:limited guarding time, limited level, limited equipments and almost every enemy is much more powerful than you.

well if you didnt noticed when eva was controlling everyone she did some very nasty things, so most of leaders like beezy want revenge, and if you look from other view is more like kill the threat before it grows again.

guilmonex Wrote:I hope you can make the game more balance in the future.

well now let make it very simple up to click to one button.. actually gorepete always adjust the balance and lower the dificulty for us sake cause gorepete thinks the game should be harder actually...
i found myself the game challenging and a nice one just with H bonus imo
Kozd

Postby Hip0krit » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:46 am

Gore i have found an infrequent bug on beezy , so if i jump at the edge of the screen when she is using a wind attack i occasionally get a bug where i am flying in the air just stuck at the top of the screen. This has happened about 3 times out of 9001(but i have beaten her :D ) with bridgette first and eva the other 2 times and if i managed to get hit by a stray tornado then i would drop back down(and die immediately). I remeber this happened when you fixed the other bug involcing blitz and air sheild so i thought it would be worth mentioning.

Also personal opinion Beezy seemed hard but a bit easier than what i would expect from you so feel free to change that 3rd ability into a more deadly one if you feel like it and maybe add in 1 more pillar i have room to keep dodging ;)

edit*
Another bug i beat beezy with Bridgette this time and got the game over screen with eva holding Bridgette's sword as well as a golden linign in her hair. To be honest i dont think <-- is really worth fixing though because you wont have that when you add in the scene.
I made a walkthrough to a finished game on this site and thats it. FOR GREAT CONTRIBUTIONS
Hip0krit

Postby webought » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:47 pm

-- although if you cheated some of your values, your save might break because I did have to switch a couple calculations

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
c:<
webought

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:59 pm

Guillotine Wrote:1. at the intro when Eva is falling down, the flames on her hand are blazing downwards instead of upwards.

Magical fire has no respect for the laws of physics or gravity. It laughs at your petty concepts of air currents and pressure! Laughs, I say!

2. I was fighting the broodmother, I used Bridg and then got kicked out of the scene by the white waves. when I reentered the scene as Eva I couldnt use Bridg any more.

This is because you can only use Bridgette once during the fight; aka the summon cooldown doesn't run while in her area. So if you enter with her already on cooldown, it won't reset. I can probably slap in a workaround so the game knows the difference between coming in on cooldown and using her during the fight.

3. In the equipment screen, the first weapon is the broken sword, second slot is the rusty one i bought from the machine, and the fourth one is the one broodmother game me. but the third one is empty. is it supposed to be so and am i missing any other weapon?

You are missing a secret weapon

4. dictation mistakes in the beezy fight conversation: angwy ==> angry, fwends ==> friends

:lol: These are not mistakes.... I will let you figure it out for yourself....

5.the branch-like sword wont have the effect when empower is used

Yeah, this is annoying the hell out of me. I can't figure out why the filter isn't setting on that one particular weapon. Works on everything else! I thought it was the shape tweens / moving peices, but it still didn't take even after I removed them. I am baffled at the moment, but working on it!

demi Wrote:I died fighting the three bees and was sent to the title screen instead of the game over screen. Hasn't happened anywhere else so far

I can't replicate this... what did you die to? The nuke or something else?

I also noticed that Beezy loses some hitpoints when she starts using her cyclone. Again not sure wether this is supposed to happen or not.

Yeah, it is giving you credit for a hit you landed earlier that didn't show at the time (in theory).

guilmonex Wrote:When will we get a better set of equipments? Using those "used leather and rusted sword" to raid a hive is some kind of suicide. :shock:

There are currently 4 swords and 2 armor sets in the game, you should poke around more!

I thought I can finally get a perfect guard ability after seducing the royal guard, but.....well, a self control? :roll:

This is probably the best skill in the game, lol! It gives you full control over honey pot :shock: super OP!

Those rolling bugs are so annoying, always roll behind the guard and spit goo then roll you to die.

Well, YOU die, but others have found more creative ways to deal with them!

The third layer of the skills and the arena seems completely useless due to the no soul gain on lower level enemies. :?

Since this is just Part I, there was never any intention to complete the soul core in this game. The plan was 3-4 abilities from it per game section.

limited guarding time, limited level, limited equipments and almost every enemy is much more powerful than you. I hope you can make the game more balance in the future.

From the sound of it, you didn't really get any weapon or armor upgrades and were underlevel'd when you went in to the Hive. Of course everything is going to seem hard! I balance the enemies around what level and gear people should be around at the time, not the bare minimums :lol:

That is kind of the point.... they are trying to kill her BECAUSE she is so vulnerable. Her weakness is kind of an integral part of the game. It is why I include her minions and dependency on others in so much of the game's story and progress. The game is "hard" because Eva isn't capable of one-man-army'ing everything yet; she is incredibly underpowered.
Last edited by GoRepeat on Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:00 pm

webought Wrote:
-- although if you cheated some of your values, your save might break because I did have to switch a couple calculations

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

WELL THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR CHEATING
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby cookie jar » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:33 pm

Gorepete Wrote: You are missing a secret weapon

Blast, and the squirrel genes kick in. Now i have to replay it over an over to find the sword i missed out on... :?

Gorepete Wrote:Yeah, it is giving you credit for a hit you landed earlier that didn't show at the time (in theory).

Hm, ok. So maybe the last dash when Beezy disappears after phase one actually hits and is calculated at the start of phase 3? It's the only hit i can think of because during phase 2 there's no way in hell i could have hit Beezy in any form whatsoever.
If you stumble across any typos, you may keep them and rear new ones in your basement.
cookie jar

Postby weewebo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:29 pm

the spirit mask doesn't die...i get it to zero hp...and i cant seduce it.
also i am not getting any soul points for the enemies i kill.
weewebo
Newly Registered

Postby weewebo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:59 pm

never mind.... I kicked the spirit mask ass ^_^
anyway I im still not getting any soul points from the regular enemies i kill...and i think im stuck on level 9 ??
weewebo
Newly Registered

Postby weewebo » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:19 pm

oh...I am getting soul points again it seems the monsters in the arena do not give any...and I've only been in the arena lately since I've been trying to beat the mask...is it supposed to be like that?
weewebo
Newly Registered

Postby Vivec » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:42 pm

Regarding that secret 3rd weapon, I know that saying how it is obtained would defeat the purpose of "secret" but, at least, is it attainable while on the last chapter? As to prevent sleepless nights trying to figure out how. Also, fifth blade ain't attainable yet, right?

And now that quality is bendable to our will again I've been able to defeat the Broodmother. One thing to comment, though, is that at the replay screen it's listed as Brood Lord. I think that sounds somewhat awful, maybe because you do list it as Broodmother in the changelog's entries. Haven't beaten Beezy, yet, I get up to the point where she does the multiple tornado slashes a second time, but I've found it quite fun.
Et in Arcadia ego...
Vivec
Newly Registered

Postby Cthulhu » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:15 pm

I am so far behind on this game, the last time I played this was months ago when the gamplay was slower and easier. Good gosh, these bees are bastards. The speed in the gamplay definitely keeps you on your toes, I care more about beating these guys than sexing them.

Characters are still as likable, especially the minions.
Cthulhu

Postby Guillotine » Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:18 pm

Gorepete Wrote:You are missing a secret weapon

A secret weapon eh? should i start over or is it possible to get in now? i've defeated broodmother right now.
Guillotine

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop