Sakyubasu no Tatakai I (Finished)

Re: Sakyubasu no Tatakai

Postby Lucky777 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:41 pm

(Naw man I ain't gonna lie, keep dem fangs away from my sensitive bits D : )
Lucky777

Postby dhampir001 » Wed May 30, 2012 5:48 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:(Naw man I ain't gonna lie, keep dem fangs away from my sensitive bits D : )

Fangs don't hurt people...people hurt people. XD
'Cumming before you even stick your dick in---Rooooolllinnnggg Staaaaaarrrrrrt'
dhampir001

Postby Darthan » Wed May 30, 2012 7:03 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:
psyk323 Wrote:Hey guys,

I'm just here to say that while I did the portraits I always live-streamed to see if people liked them or not, and the feedback was always good. Now that the it's in the game, almost everyone hates them.

You know, I do my work depending on the feedback I get from people and fans, and I was actually going to ask if anyone wanted me to re-do them just for you fans of the game, but you know what? From what all the comments that just go overboard hate to the point saying that the art is like the characters are "loli" I just got to the point that I don't give a single f*ck anymore about you people.

I though this community was good but I was wrong from what I see.

No matter how much it confuses you, the answer is DEAD SIMPLE.

Cute fan-interpretations of things are fine. Look at a Zergling. Then look at Zergling-tan, who is an adorable loli zergling.

Zergling-tan is great, but you VERY CLEARLY DO NOT PUT ZERGLING-TAN IN FUCKING STARCRAFT AS THE PORTRAIT OF THE ZERGLING.

That's (ONE)because it is unfitting of the atmosphere, and also (TWO) because it does not match the actual Zergling.

Many of us like the pictures, and they're well drawn, but they're not for the official representations of the characters, as opposed to "cute fan-representations."

It's nothing more complex than that, and it's never going to be.

For those like me, the main thing is the unfitting clash between representation and atmosphere, MOST of all with Chibi-Mistress, but also with Pecunia.
For those like Webought, though, the main thing was the discrepancy between the portrait and the actual character-model, and Webby actually PREFERRED the cute renditions.
That's it.

In other words, if you had asked on stream "DO YOU WANT THIS AS THE OFFICIAL CHARACTER-REPRESENTATION" instead of "DO YOU LIKE THESE PICTURES" you might have gotten more "what? Fuck no" answers.
Because "yes" to the second does NOT mean "Yes" to the first, and NOBODY looking at the pictures of Mistress could POSSIBLY have thought they'd become the official portraits.
I expected them just to be posted in the thread as fanart. You'd probably have received a much more positive welcome for the work under those circumstances. And as to being confused about the community, do remember that peeps in the streams were ALREADY saying that they didn't prefer the super-cute nature of the rendition.

I have to agree with luck here, which seems to be something I don't do allot. The portraits are really good on their own, but using them in the game doesn't really work in many people's opinions.
It seems that the problem most people have is that the portraits look too young, I must have missed were anyone said they made the characters look "loli". As just pictures they look like chibi art, but having characters in a game where the main goal is to enslave your opposition through sex in a chibi art style doesn't really fit.
Nowhere in the complaints did I see anybody complaining about your art being bad in any way, most people (me included) said it is good. People just did not like it being used as the official representation of the characters in game.
If any of that came off as harsh I do apologize I did not intend it to.

To go so far as to tell off the entire LoK community because people disagreed with gore's choice to use your art for the in game representation is totally childish. No one said anything bad about your art itself, only that they did not like it being used in game.
Your little tirade is much like the guy that quit playing the game simply because of the portraits, dumb. If you really plan on doing anything in the art field you need to learn to take criticism, not that there was any directed at you here anyway. Look at gore, all the criticism in this case was directed at him and his choice to use your art. He did not blowup at everybody and say he was done because people didn't like what he was doing he just kept going.
If any of that came off as harsh, good, that is how I intended it. I am usually pretty laid back and will try to be nice with any criticisms I have, but things like this really piss me off.

tldr
I really do like your art just not being used in this game in it's current form (referring to the art).
If this is what makes you quit I have to say I am not sad to you go. If you do decide to stay I will be happy, just learn to take criticism, especially when it is actually directed at you.
Darthan

Postby dhampir001 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:22 pm

Your little tirade is much like the guy that quit playing the game simply because of the portraits, dumb.

So, quitting a game because it doesn't appeal to you is dumb? As you put it, "loli" is something I can't stand, I feel as though it is likened to pedophilia, because honestly (though I'm not to familiar with the terminology,) that's what it is. I do not personally condone fucking a little girl. This may be a user created sex game, with a variety of different fanbases, but that doesn't mean I can't say I'm not going to play this. It does not mean that I sacrifice my values and beliefs for "gameplay."

It is never "simply" because of, with any person who decides not to proceed with an endeavor/ideal. There are multiple reasons and circumstances that have lead us to this point, as well as whatever may lie beyond this particular time and place.

I'm *that* guy.
dhampir001

Postby Lucky777 » Wed May 30, 2012 7:29 pm

Oh right, and whenever I referred to any of the portraits as loli, that had nothing to do with any "overboard hate" being directed at them.

I don't give a single fuck about ages of consent, nor even a single portion of one.

I'm just saying Mistress ain't that young-lookin'.
Lucky777

Postby psyk323 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:05 pm

Then Lucky I guess you should think before you say stuff like that because saying something that is "loli" when it clearly wasn't meant to be, kinda hurt me.

Also Darthan, the rage on the portraits don't make me quit, but really I'm not like the guy that stopped playing the game just because of the portraits because I also think that's dumb. Although, saying somethings in certain ways does hurt my feelings, which makes me think the community hates them.

And I didn't mean all the LoK community to be bad and maybe I might have over reacted on the last reply I submitted.
psyk323

Postby Darthan » Wed May 30, 2012 8:22 pm

dhampir001 Wrote:
Your little tirade is much like the guy that quit playing the game simply because of the portraits, dumb.

So, quitting a game because it doesn't appeal to you is dumb? As you put it, "loli" is something I can't stand, I feel as though it is likened to pedophilia, because honestly (though I'm not to familiar with the terminology,) that's what it is. I do not personally condone fucking a little girl. This may be a user created sex game, with a variety of different fanbases, but that doesn't mean I can't say I'm not going to play this. It does not mean that I sacrifice my values and beliefs for "gameplay."

It is never "simply" because of, with any person who decides not to proceed with an endeavor/ideal. There are multiple reasons and circumstances that have lead us to this point, as well as whatever may lie beyond this particular time and place.

I'm *that* guy.

I seem to have misunderstood you original post, I do not see "cute" and "loli" as being the same thing. Don't get me wrong, I don't like the new portraits either, they don't really fit. Most people (I am assuming here) that don't like them just ignore them, at least I do. This is why I said it was dumb, maybe a better word would have been silly. Since I can easily ignore the portraits I do. Now if gore does make the choice to make the characters themselves look more like the portraits I would quit playing because like you I could not agree with the "childish" look that the characters would have. I apologize if I offended you that was not my intent. I tend to say things without thinking them completely through when I get upset.

tldr
Sorry dhampir, I seem to have misunderstood your original comment and actually agree with you on the childish look thing.
Darthan

Postby dhampir001 » Wed May 30, 2012 8:35 pm

Darthan Wrote:Sorry dhampir, I seem to have misunderstood your original comment and actually agree with you on the childish look thing.

It's fine man, "loli" wasn't apart of my diction until just recently. I only used the words that I knew at the time, which were incredibly limited when trying to express myself on this kind of forum.

:D
dhampir001

Postby Guillotine » Wed May 30, 2012 8:57 pm

THIS IS A SUGGESTION FOR THE GAME
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

It may be a good idea to make a flash back to the contest where Eva beat her siblings. This event can take place where the story of Eva is being told by Bridg. Though it needs a lot of work on the characters.
Guillotine

Postby Firesong » Wed May 30, 2012 9:40 pm

psyk323 Wrote:some words

your character portraits are very good!
Firesong

Postby mrttao » Wed May 30, 2012 11:13 pm

Lucky777 Wrote:
psyk323 Wrote:Hey guys,

I'm just here to say that while I did the portraits I always live-streamed to see if people liked them or not, and the feedback was always good. Now that the it's in the game, almost everyone hates them.

You know, I do my work depending on the feedback I get from people and fans, and I was actually going to ask if anyone wanted me to re-do them just for you fans of the game, but you know what? From what all the comments that just go overboard hate to the point saying that the art is like the characters are "loli" I just got to the point that I don't give a single f*ck anymore about you people.

I though this community was good but I was wrong from what I see.

No matter how much it confuses you, the answer is DEAD SIMPLE.

Cute fan-interpretations of things are fine. Look at a Zergling. Then look at Zergling-tan, who is an adorable loli zergling.

Zergling-tan is great, but you VERY CLEARLY DO NOT PUT ZERGLING-TAN IN FUCKING STARCRAFT AS THE PORTRAIT OF THE ZERGLING.

Only because it is a serious extra drama game.
If it was a hentai you certainly could and SHOULD use zergling tan.
mrttao

Postby Scotcher » Wed May 30, 2012 11:27 pm

I don't mind the portraits. I don't think they're necessary, but I don't think it's a bad change. Eve's portraot however should be dynamic, meaning the colours (skincolour, eye colour etc.) should again change according to the customisation. People are just mad because they hate change.

Talking about change; what should be changed is the way you get hurt: If you look at any good platformer, from Mario to Megaman and many more, if you're getting hurt, you're invulnerable for a few seconds. This should also be added in this game because everytime I died thus far was with full heatlh and because somebody hit me, then I stumbled back, then got hit again, stumbled, got hit and that went on until my healthbar was drained and I had no chance of doing anything to prevent hit. Without this, the game is just ridiculously unforgiving. One mistake and you're often dead. That sort of destroys the idea of a healthbar. The only way I'm able to even addempt to continue is by maximising the window and thus make the game lagg on purpose and thus slow it down. I don't think this should be the case.

TL:DR Give invulnerability after getting hurt and make the game less unforgiving.
Scotcher
Newly Registered

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Thu May 31, 2012 12:07 am

#concurs with Lucky#
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby Lucky777 » Thu May 31, 2012 12:39 am

psyk323 Wrote:Then Lucky I guess you should think before you say stuff like that because saying something that is "loli" when it clearly wasn't meant to be, kinda hurt me.

The difficulty comes from conflation of concepts, and from the lack of vocabulary.

Firstly, a biological distinction exists between "Pre-pubescent" and "Post pubescent."
"Lolicon", strictly speaking, should probably only refer to girls who are pre-pubescent.
HOWEVER:

A second distinction exists, one which is biologically arbitrary, and that distinction is the one between "Over the age of consent" and "Under the age of consent."
I do not know any japanese term that refers to post-pubescent but yet non-legal chicks, and that might be because Japan is sensible enough to have an age of consent where that phenomenon is hardly even possible. (13 in theory, though I hear that it changes from prefecture to prefecture.)

That is where the conflation comes along.
For the term "lolicon" may be loosely and inaccurately used, as may the western term "Pedophilia", in association with girls who, while post-pubescent, are yet under an arbitrary age of consent.

Since I don't know of any weaboo term to correctly refer to the post-pubescent yet pre-18 type, I tend to refer to them as "lolis" though they are not strictly so, and thus a Mistress who looks 14ish to 17'ish (before the arbitrary age of 18) may be referred to by me, in this strictly inaccurate but apparently un-improvable way, as a loli.
It's not something that additional thought would remedy, nor might even additional research, though I can't guarantee that last one.

It's also nothing to be hurt over.

But yeah, I hope I've helped you to understand the situation.
Lucky777

Postby mrttao » Thu May 31, 2012 1:59 am

Lucky777 Wrote:
psyk323 Wrote:A second distinction exists, one which is biologically arbitrary, and that distinction is the one between "Over the age of consent" and "Under the age of consent."
I do not know any japanese term that refers to post-pubescent but yet non-legal chicks, and that might be because Japan is sensible enough to have an age of consent where that phenomenon is hardly even possible. (13 in theory, though I hear that it changes from prefecture to prefecture.)

AFAIK they changed it to be 18 years ago. 16 in some places. It was due to international pressure.
mrttao

Postby jdilla » Thu May 31, 2012 6:29 am

dhampir001 Wrote:

I'm *that* guy.

dont try to justify yourself honestly because youre still judging a game from its slight change in looks. in my opinion, i hate the portraits but the portraits arnt the reason that makes the game great. down to the bottom line, youre disliking a game simply because of portraits. really poor judgement in my opinion. but hey, its still just my opinion i guess.
jdilla

Postby Taralizhan » Thu May 31, 2012 2:46 pm

I don't get why people are so caught up about the portraits. They don't affect the game play in any way shape or form, nor do they cause any in game problems. If you ask me, I'll take the current portraits over the previous ones any day. I also don't understand why people are saying she looks like a loli. She doesn't.

psyk323 did a great job on them and the people who are complaining about it are just looking for something to complain about. Now, while people complain further about it, I'm just gonna wait for the broodmother sex scene to be added because I can't advance past her after beating her without complaining about it.
Taralizhan
Newly Registered

Postby GoRepeat » Thu May 31, 2012 3:59 pm

Ok, moratorium on lolicon talk. There is none in this game, the characters are obviously not even near that realm, and I don't want to have to add some stupid obvious "there is no loli here" warning so the FBI doesn't kick in my doors because you think head portraits look young. I think they look like they are well in their 20s, and given the character's body sizes and frames, there should be little question otherwsie.

Conversation has run its course and ceased to amuse me as everyone is just talking in circles.

Portraits are great, they aren't changing, suck it up and move on.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby FuzzFace » Thu May 31, 2012 5:47 pm

I was about to say in the middle of all this argument before I came upon the post before mine;

WTF, would everybody shut the hell up about the art already? it's Gorepete's decision alone if it stays or not. I come here to look at humble words and talk of improvement of a game in the all entirely. Not a bunch of bitching, pardon the language.

If you want to bitch about something so trivial, then please, at least post a bug report about it.
FuzzFace

Postby Tulkas » Thu May 31, 2012 6:29 pm

wait my friend fuzzface, the fact that the game belongs to gorepetes is fine, but for many users in the forum that issue, yeah the portraits is very important, like lucky says, is how to put in starcraft a chibi zergling in the portrait ¬¬. I hope you understand the point of the discussion.
Tulkas

PreviousNext

Return to GoRepeat's One Stop Shop