Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.09 (4/18/12)

This is the place to post your own creative works for other to play or give feedback on!
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Which character is your favorite so far?

Emilia (Warrior)
12%
Rhiannon (Berserker)
13%
Irine (Priest)
10%
Cesca (Thief)
13%
Thyme (Sage)
16%
Lanie (Magician)
13%
Sairyn (Martial Artist)
10%
Asella (Paladin)
12%

Total votes : 1714

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07 (11/7/1

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:55 am

Xanrud? Yeah. Depends on whether you made it there in time or not... Either way, go back to the room where you were before (with the veteran pikeman), talk to him again to get directions--the last door at the end of the hallway should now be unlocked. That's the end of the demo thus far. If your relationship score with Gwyn is high enough (i.e. you got to fool around with her a little bit before Xanrud took her away), you can always share a moment with her in the room with the campfire, provided you didn't lose to Red and Blue, which is easy enough since they're pushovers. If you just ran past them, they should still be there when you get back for you to beat up on.

If you don't mind a little hardcore stuff, I would also recommend trying a losing path with a different save file--surrender to the guard and Xanrud, and see what happens.
Current project:
Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Update: 0.09 (4/18/12):
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1640
Wiki:
http://despairlabyrinth.wikia.com
KITAmaru

Postby ShadowFax » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:35 am

Woohooo awesome update.

Got a but report though. I was forced to restart several times as when I fight xanrod to rescue gwyn, whenever I try to use my standard attack the game crashes.
ShadowFax

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 am

ShadowFax Wrote:Woohooo awesome update.

Got a but report though. I was forced to restart several times as when I fight xanrod to rescue gwyn, whenever I try to use my standard attack the game crashes.

never happend to me, what char did you use?
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:47 am

Strange. I just tested that a few times and nothing ever came of it. What character were you using?
I was gonna say, if it's a mage character, you probably shouldn't be normal attacking anyway... J/K. XD
I'll test it out again and see what happens.

EDIT: Appears to be an error with the Desperation Attacks Script, probably something I forgot to modify. I'll just remove it for now and release a 0.07B version sometime tomorrow. Please report any other fatal bugs you find, thanks!
Last edited by KITAmaru on Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 am

KITAmaru Wrote:Strange. I just tested that a few times and nothing ever came of it. What character were you using?
I was gonna say, if it's a mage character, you probably shouldn't be normal attacking anyway... J/K. XD
I'll test it out again and see what happens.

lol beat you to it KITA :D
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby ColdColors » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:18 am

Alright, alright, finally felt the need to post. I mean I've wanted to but I never got around to it.

Anywho, been lurking since ... well, since the beginning actually. -sheepish face-

And I have to say, this game, was amazing from the start, and it's only getting better. I'm so excited to see what happens next.

I absolutely adore Cesca I also like Irene, but Cesca is ... baws. But I played through with both of them and encountered no errors, I absolutely adored the Wolfram scene with Cesca on high purity, it was hilarious. And then going to rescue Gwyn, she was all, "get your hands off my woman!". Priceless. Great update. :D

Sooo yeh. :D No complaints.
Perpetually Confused
I hate Rainbows ...
ColdColors
Newly Registered

Re: Despair Labyrinth (RPG) Latest Release: Ver.0.07B (11/8/

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:54 am

There ya go, fixed that problem. Honestly, I never experienced that problem while testing, even while normal attacking as Sairyn (who happens to be best with normal attacks due to her inherent dual shot and high crit)...so it slipped under my radar, as well as the testers, presumably since the Deathscythe can spoil someone who wants to win pretty damn easily. But if it's crashing your guys' game, that's a huge problem in my book, so it's taken care of. Remember to transfer your save files as per usual.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:01 am

I usually just mana pot and keep on spamming skill-locks, really. Only realised a relatively SHORT while ago that Sairyn does some pretty good damage with her basics.

Good that the glitch is fixed though, because it seems to have been happening to a lot of peeps this update.

Was it there in all the previous builds too? : O
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:06 am

Naw, just this one. It's cause I stuck the Desperation Attacks script in there expecting it to simply work off the bat without following all the edits. Derp.
In other news, does anyone have any new favorite characters as a result of the dialogue? Has anyone stuck with the same favorite character throughout the whole game thus far?
Once I put more unique scenes in, I'm expecting it to change perhaps...
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ShadowFax » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:26 am

xD Asella's still my babe
ShadowFax

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:56 am

The stalls brought Cesca up into my favourites list, and the stalls and the Xanrud-specific scenes bumped Lanie up a notch. Everything else is still the same though, with top spot being a constantly changing near-tie between Rhiannon and Thyme.
Rhiannon's in the lead still, for this update, though.

Also, something that occurs to me, that struck me as quite a bit strange, actually.

Level 5, and we're already HEY FUCKING FACESTOMP stronger than the entire Rogue Divison's Captain? Man, we could probably be in line to take that shit over.

Although actually ... ...I kinda like the sound of that after all ...

"Rogue Vice-Captain Cesca".

ALSO ALSO

I like the poster with the controls, but I think you could stand to make it more eye-bleedingly obvious. Maybe have the info trigger the first time you go through the first door
as well?
Peeps often hate having tutorials forced down their throats, but I'm a firm believer in telling 'em swiftly but clearly. 3 extra seconds to click through per game ain't that much.
Lucky777

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:10 pm

ColdColors-
Thanks for posting! Glad you like it.
Cesca was definitely made with the yuri-loving audience (as I'm one of them) in mind. Maybe Asella, a little bit, in a Marimite ice-queen kind of way--also because the Holy Royal Guard is all-female for some ridiculous reason relevant to H-Games. So have you gotten Gwyn in the sack yet? I originally didn't mean for the relationship to move that fast, but it IS an H-game at its core, heavy on the pron content. And since Gwyn is one's 'starter girl' in terms of relationships, she's kind of a U-Haul lesbian... Just to give players a taste of things to come and other possibilities.

I was worried that this update might be a little too short, but eh... it's got plenty of smut as requested, so people can't say I didn't at least try to touch down on some fetishes. Back to work for the next patch, though, and I gotta fit some actual grinding / storyline in there perhaps... Stay tuned!

Lucky-
Wow, you beat him at level 5? Good job o_o
Heh, well, as silly as it might sound, the Rogues are still the 'grunts' of the Division, so our heroines still have to deal with at least 4 more commanders at the very least--and Xanrud will be back at some point. True though, being just a few levels up and whooping up on him seems a bit strange, but I honestly estimate Xanrud to be arooound... level 8 or so, himself. In terms of sheer numbers, he still is head and shoulders (as in, at least 3x) above other humans in the Rogue Division in terms of max HP and stuff!

In terms of the vidyagaem logic as to why he was weaker the second time around... (mechanics-wise it's so that Lanie can actually stand a chance on her lonesome, as she has the lowest HP) I'd say it's cause he spent lots of energy either whipping Gwyn or ...well, y'know, if you weren't there on time. Made him sleepy maybe.

As for the controls prompt, hmm, yeah, I can definitely do that, seeing as some people are certainly bound to skip it.
Oh, and yeah Lucky, from the test version I made it so that you can lose your virginity to Xanrud, and he'll make a comment about it.

For the people who are wondering why Gwyn doesn't get screwed along with your character after you lose a battle, while she's in party-
I had been debating for a while now, if you've kept up with the thread, as to what I should do regarding that... and found that it's generally going to be too much work to include her in EVERY H-scene possible. So what I'll do is simply toss in a conditional branch that assumes she remains unconscious, using only select scenes to put her in. Keep in mind that she's not the only character that may join your party at one point or another, so while it might seem good to backtrack and polish up everything, this game is far from complete and still suffers a lack of raw playtime in my opinion, so I'm going to focus on expanding that a bit for now instead of putting additional H-scenes for every single situation in a sad attempt to defeat videogame logic.
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby SquallLion » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:41 pm

during the fight, the fighter dis-pear : I see only the enemy : bug?
SquallLion

Postby KITAmaru » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:55 pm

SquallLion Wrote:during the fight, the fighter dis-pear : I see only the enemy : bug?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sdxiXrAwcJE/S ... s+Pear.jpg
Kidding. It was literally the first thing that came to mind. Forgive my awful sense of humor..

...Anyway, which fighter disappears? Do they disappear from the menu, or does the menu go away entirely...? (Also, what character were you using)
Since the battle screen only really displays enemies, I figure what you meant was something to do with the menu?
Current project:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1583
Wiki:
KITAmaru

Postby ZeroEXE.ZX17 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:11 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Cesca was definitely made with the yuri-loving audience (as I'm one of them) in mind. Maybe Asella, a little bit, in a Marimite ice-queen kind of way--also because the Holy Royal Guard is all-female for some ridiculous reason relevant to H-Games. So have you gotten Gwyn in the sack yet? I originally didn't mean for the relationship to move that fast, but it IS an H-game at its core, heavy on the pron content. And since Gwyn is one's 'starter girl' in terms of relationships, she's kind of a U-Haul lesbian... Just to give players a taste of things to come and other possibilities.

For the people who are wondering why Gwyn doesn't get screwed along with your character after you lose a battle, while she's in party-
I had been debating for a while now, if you've kept up with the thread, as to what I should do regarding that... and found that it's generally going to be too much work to include her in EVERY H-scene possible. So what I'll do is simply toss in a conditional branch that assumes she remains unconscious, using only select scenes to put her in. Keep in mind that she's not the only character that may join your party at one point or another, so while it might seem good to backtrack and polish up everything, this game is far from complete and still suffers a lack of raw playtime in my opinion, so I'm going to focus on expanding that a bit for now instead of putting additional H-scenes for every single situation in a sad attempt to defeat videogame logic.

actually i have 2 q's for that. is there going to be some M/F consensual/romantic h-scenes for the fans? (aside from wolfram lol)

and going with the first q is there going to be any male party members since your going to "knock out" the other party members (gwyn lol) or have any unique h-scenes with the male char (like if you lose to a female enemy one goes after you (for yuri) while they go for the male (for sex itself) or something like that) :3 (not trying to get spoilers from ya just asking)
ZeroEXE.ZX17

Postby Lucky777 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:48 pm

KITAmaru Wrote:Lucky-
Wow, you beat him at level 5? Good job o_o

Might have had something to do with my RAWKIN DUAL KATZBALGERS *guitar riff*
(Man, I love the gems those things seem to have in the hilt, I may pass up a couple stronger weapons just to keep the pretty swords around XD)
And maybe something to do with all those attack and HP drugs I stuffed Cesca's face full of. But hey, if they're around, they're for the eating : D

Although, on the second fight he dodged a bit moar and startle-ganked me with a Rogue's Blade or a Symphony of Destruction or something, and on the third fight I tried, to see if "wait wut" he totally got me with Blind status and that was just GG no re. I wasn't wasting potions on tanking damage when I couldn't deal any, so I said"eh" to that. XD
Cesca's vampiric powers are really awesome, though. From the time she was landing draining slash reliably again, she was takin' him out reliably again. XD

KITAmaru Wrote:Heh, well, as silly as it might sound, the Rogues are still the 'grunts' of the Division ... In terms of sheer numbers, he still is head and shoulders (as in, at least 3x) above other humans in the Rogue Division in terms of max HP and stuff!

A pair o' fine points, actually, and fair enough. In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king, and he DOES absolutely mop the floor with the others in terms of attack variety and HP. Maybe in terms of MP too. And when he ain't tired, he does it in terms of attack power as well. Hell, those guys in the chambers are single-shot-wonders before they fall over on their ass, Xanrud comes twice in a row and is still kickin' for a third time and more. SO DUDE EVEN PWNS 'EM IN SEXUAL STAMINA TOO.
-
Things like his defeat, though, and the fact that he said he didn't bother seriously training his lackeys, cause me even more enthusiasm about the idea of helping to train the various division's grunts yourself, on the Syndicate path.

KITAmaru Wrote:For the people who are wondering why Gwyn doesn't get screwed along with your character after you lose a battle, while she's in party-

Startling and rare though it may be for me to say something like this, I actually agree on the H-scenes not being strictly necessary right this instant. I want to see some more of the plot, and just going back and inserting the equivalent of "AND GWYN TOO", while it would be hawt and pretty awesome, would also amount to what I think of as "minor busywork". The killer is that it would suck up time that could be spent moving forward in said plot, and probably end up boring you as well.

Now, me being me, I'm entirely approving if ya do it for all the characters who join and shit eventually, and I'd happily carry ALL of them around to ALL of the places at ALL of the times, (if I could do it without cockblocking any bawsses,) just so that I could grab them by the back of the neck and fucking "Submit" them facefirst into the ground a few hundred times before droppin' 'em off in the Chambers, but that'd be something I'd say is like ... fuck, maybe the last thing you should bother adding to the game, if you ever even get around to bothering to add it.

Could do it bit by bit, like 1 scene every two or three new builds or something, but whatever it is, I'm not voting for allowing it to hold you back or allowing it to make you retread already-covered ground to the prejudice of going forward in the plot at ALL.
It's minor enough that I was even tempted to suggest handing it off to a dedicated minion with comparable writing skills, but naw, that's going too far.

Too many cooks spoil the soup, and the H scenes need your own personal touch.
...And no, even though I misread it in proof-reading the post and Lol'ed
I actually did not ever mistype that as cocks.
Last edited by Lucky777 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lucky777

Postby Reapergod36 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:38 pm

so whats new in the update?
Death Is Inevitable.
Humanity Destroys Itself.
I Destroy All, But How Can I Do This.
Without Destroying Myself?
The Answer Is Simple.
I Do On The Inside...

Lady Foxy Wrote: Reaper of women's soles.
Reapergod36

Postby Meep Meepersons » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:51 pm

I damn near exploded when I saw that you updated x3 *Is now off to 'explode' all over the place* ;3

-EDIT- I'm curious though, how do I gets teh futa? *update mentioned futa*
Meep Meepersons

Postby Eplincin » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:38 pm

Irene's been my favorite since Ver.0.02, with Cesca being my second favorite, but now Lanie's overtaken Cesca. I like Asella, Sairyn, and Thyme a lot more than I did when I first played, and Emilia and Rhiannon have stayed at the same level.

Also, Irene's pretty OP with her confusion attack. Easily beat Xanrud just by spamming it and making him attack himself, and never had to use a single potion during the fight.
Eplincin
Newly Registered

Postby Kengi » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:31 pm

Futa is in the ' stalls ' keep taking customers and one will be a Futa Girl
Kengi

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Corner